Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Some crazy old lady on NextDoor bitches about people parking in front of her house when they go to the local park (She literally thinks nobody should park in front of anyone else's house, ever. This is the only way to park to go the park unless you park in the park itself, which fills up first). I make it a point to park my big ugly rustbucket Jeep in front of her house whenever I take the dogs up to the offleash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

PCOS Bill posted:

Some crazy old lady on NextDoor bitches about people parking in front of her house when they go to the local park (She literally thinks nobody should park in front of anyone else's house, ever. This is the only way to park to go the park unless you park in the park itself, which fills up first). I make it a point to park my big ugly rustbucket Jeep in front of her house whenever I take the dogs up to the offleash.

Why does everything you do have to be malevolent? Be nice, shithead.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

Some crazy old lady on NextDoor bitches about people parking in front of her house when they go to the local park.

A dog park I used to live near had a couple parking spots, that would mostly go unused on weekday days. One corner next to the dog park had a friend's house, which was also his company office because software company, and sometimes his employees would park at the dog park, which had no signage prohibiting this. On another corner was a city councilman, who hated seeing cars at the dog park, and got the police to hassle my friend about people parking in public parking.

So he quit having his employees park there because keeping the peace is more important than being right sometimes.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
How cute, responding to pcos bill

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GutBomb posted:

Why does everything you do have to be malevolent? Be nice, shithead.

Please, I do like one malevolent thing a day.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Speaking of motorcycles and Nextdoor, someone complained about crotch rockets tearing through their neighborhood. Anyways, apparently the "leader" of this group was also on Nextdoor and this resulted in a bunch of back and forth and name calling between a number of people. He wanted to meet people in person, not to hide behind the internet and said he would handle the situation with his brethren.

Reading all that I felt like I was watching a Sons of Anarchy episode where Jax would want a sit down with some poor mom who drives a Camry.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I swear one of these days I'm going to pull some stupid gently caress from their car and beat them to death in the street.

Driving home from work, a couple roads up from my job's parking lot at a 4 way intersection and I was waiting in an empty left turn lane for the green arrow. Dipshit in a white Nissan sedan in the lane to my right (straight or right turn only) decides he wants to take a left RIGHT NOW and starts moving into my lane without even looking or using signal, he's staring off in the opposite direction. Scared the poo poo out of him when me and another car blared our horns to wake his dumb rear end up and go by...I mean gently caress, he could've went straight through the intersection, pulled a legal U-turn and then took a right to go the same way and not pissed people off like a moron.

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 21, 2017

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

We have restricted street parking in our neighborhood since in the past people would park on the street and walk to the bus stop to go downtown.
We've had more and more people exploiting this since the parking restriction ends at 5pm.
We've also had a lot of suspicious activity cars being broken into, one car put up on blocks and the wheels taken the other day, packages being stolen off of porches, etc...
Just earlier today our neighbor across the street caught some guy cranking down in his mini van in front of her house.
So we're very suspicious of any unfamiliar vehicles parking in front of our houses.
This isn't a crap hole neighborhood it's an affluent suburb.
People have reasons to suspect unfamiliar vehicles if someone speaks to you about it they probably have a good reason.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Came close to getting taken out twice on the way to work this morning. First was an idiot who dashed out from behind a cement truck that was getting up to speed at 20km/h under what I was doing at the time. The second was a dump truck with a dog trailer that swerved into my lane when I was halfway up the trailer. By the time I jumped off the freeway they hadn't merged across so it may have been a gently caress up on their part.
The other thing I saw was a car that shouldn't have been on the road in NSW. I've seen it once before a couple of months ago and I'm surprised the cops haven't picked it off by now. Imagine a Honda CRV from when they were new on the road but this one has a smashed windscreen and no rear window to speak of and the tire thats normally a spare is missing entirely. Now add them to a freeway travelling at 100km/h as they swerve from one side of the lane to the other as though the entire steering system is hosed. They scare me quite a bit so I tend to hang back.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thumposaurus posted:

We have restricted street parking in our neighborhood since in the past people would park on the street and walk to the bus stop to go downtown.
We've had more and more people exploiting this since the parking restriction ends at 5pm.
We've also had a lot of suspicious activity cars being broken into, one car put up on blocks and the wheels taken the other day, packages being stolen off of porches, etc...
Just earlier today our neighbor across the street caught some guy cranking down in his mini van in front of her house.
So we're very suspicious of any unfamiliar vehicles parking in front of our houses.
This isn't a crap hole neighborhood it's an affluent suburb.
People have reasons to suspect unfamiliar vehicles if someone speaks to you about it they probably have a good reason.

I live in the city, on street parking is the default. Next Door Crazy Lady lives on Fart Street, a two block access road to Fart Park, literally the only reason the road exists. All day every day if you want to go to Fart Park you have to drive up Fart Road and if there's no spot open in Fart Park you have to park on Fart Road. Crazy Lady had lived there since 1985, this fact is not new to her.

If you don't like a situation for 32 years, you've had plenty of opportunity to move

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Please, I do like one malevolent thing a day.

Like exist.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I swear one of these days I'm going to pull some stupid gently caress from their car and beat them to death in the street.

Driving home from work, a couple roads up from my job's parking lot at a 4 way intersection and I was waiting in an empty left turn lane for the green arrow. Dipshit in a white Nissan sedan in the lane to my right (straight or right turn only) decides he wants to take a left RIGHT NOW and starts moving into my lane without even looking or using signal, he's staring off in the opposite direction. Scared the poo poo out of him when me and another car blared our horns to wake his dumb rear end up and go by...I mean gently caress, he could've went straight through the intersection, pulled a legal U-turn and then took a right to go the same way and not pissed people off like a moron.

Considering how many people speed up when someone signals to merge in front of them, it makes sense to not signal, and to change lanes suddenly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PCOS Bill posted:

I live in the city, on street parking is the default. Next Door Crazy Lady lives on Fart Street, a two block access road to Fart Park, literally the only reason the road exists. All day every day if you want to go to Fart Park you have to drive up Fart Road and if there's no spot open in Fart Park you have to park on Fart Road. Crazy Lady had lived there since 1985, this fact is not new to her.

If you don't like a situation for 32 years, you've had plenty of opportunity to move

You have to remember people will move next to a literal race track, and then write to their local government because the race cars are loud.

Guess who wins normally.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
We had that in Melbourne where developers built highrise luxury apartments across from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, one of the largest open air music venues in the country and which has around for more than half a century.

Of course, they complained :ughh:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gorilla Salad posted:

We had that in Melbourne where developers built highrise luxury apartments across from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, one of the largest open air music venues in the country and which has around for more than half a century.

Of course, they complained :ughh:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
as usual, the answer is 'loving white people'

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
They probably have arrivals flying over them constantly. Not super low but not high either.

Still, gently caress em.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Proud Christian Mom posted:

as usual, the answer is 'loving white people'

Not in my example!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Ferret King posted:

They probably have arrivals flying over them constantly. Not super low but not high either.

Still, gently caress em.

I live about 10km from our airport and directly under the glide path for flights to one of the runways. So when they do fly here, it's pretty drat loud and will drown out music or tv playing at reasonable volumes if I have windows open.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The Ferret King posted:

Still, gently caress em.

The arrivals flying over them would be at a fairly high altitude on the downwind leg since the runways are east/west alignment. I've been on a few flights that come in from the right direction to fly above here, and they are all pretty much on idle power losing altitude. These people are just nuts, and all of the homes in that zip code were built long after the jet age was here and Sky Harbor was taking much louder aircraft.

I highlighted that zip code because it has an inordinately large number of noise complaints about the airport, even compared to areas that are right in line with the runways, because they are prissy little mcmansion dwellers.

But yea, gently caress em.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

The Locator posted:

I highlighted that zip code because it has an inordinately large number of noise complaints about the airport, even compared to areas that are right in line with the runways, because they are prissy little mcmansion dwellers.

But yea, gently caress em.

It's not even that zip code. It's a few houses in that zip code. Overall for the time period that map's dealing with, there were 13,388 complaints from 1,380 households, 9.7 complaints per household. In 85258, 11 households were responsible for 1,636 complaints. In 85266, which is even further to the north, 3 households made 812 complaints (granted, there's another airport up that way, but it's a single-runway GA strip).

Yeah: gently caress 'em.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I saw a semi making a tight turn mash in the tailgate of a parked puckup truck. That's my story

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

VideoTapir posted:

Considering how many people speed up when someone signals to merge in front of them, it makes sense to not signal, and to change lanes suddenly.

Problem was, he was first in line in the straight-right turn lane at a red light, he wasn't moving at all or trying to merge. As soon as it turned green we both went and he tried shoving his way into the left turn lane like a jackass and almost sideswiped my car. I get what you're saying though and I hate assholes that speed up to block merging as much as the inattentive morons that can't decide where or when they want to make a decision.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
Saw a good one yesterday. Two lanes going each direction with a median separating north and south. There is access to businesses even though this is sort of a highway. 55mph speed limit though flow of traffic is usually more like 60 - 65mph. Guy in the left lane realized he was about to miss the driveway to the business he was going to and rather than going through the abundant and convenient U-turn areas and trying again he comes to a complete stop in the left lane. He then just put his right signal on while checking over his shoulder for it to be clear to cut across. I was waiting to pull out of a business further up the road and ended up leaving before I got to see the situation resolved but I didn't see a big mess of plastic and glass all over the side of the road this morning on my way to work so I guess he didn't get hit at the very least.

I just can't imagine being in the situation of about to miss my turn and deciding to just stop dead in the far left lane and wait.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Heat makes people drive crazy.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Never change, WA drivers.

https://twitter.com/wspd2pio/status/877540518221160448

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

Not in my example!

Since you are white, it applies even in your example.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Measly Twerp posted:

Umm

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

I feel like I shouldn't need to explain this.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I guess it's another case of we're white when we've done something you don't like

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

I guess it's another case of we're white when we've done something you don't like

Have you heard the story about the boy who cried wolf? That's you. You've spent so much time trolling on this forum that it's impossible to take anything you say seriously.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Measly Twerp posted:

Have you heard the story about the boy who cried wolf? That's you. You've spent so much time trolling on this forum that it's impossible to take anything you say seriously.

Haven't been a boy for decades, either.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

PCOS Bill posted:

Again with the trolling.

E: when did you become a girl

Hehe

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

theres a will theres moe posted:

Again with the trolling.

Hehe

:shibewow:

Yes that is a way :spergin: some could have taken that who :spergin: have no :spergin: social cues :spergin:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
When did krakkles get a subaru?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Hehe

Whenever his uncle wanted him to :pedo:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Measly Twerp posted:

Measly Twerp posted:

I feel like I shouldn't need to explain this.

PCOS Bill posted:

Measly Twerp posted:

PCOS Bill posted:

Again with the trolling.

Hehe

PCOS Bill posted:

:shibewow:

Yes that is a way :spergin: some could have taken that who :spergin: have no :spergin: social cues :spergin:

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Whenever his uncle wanted him to :pedo:

I don't even know what the gently caress this is but it should stop.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Just saw an SUV sit in a right turn only lane in order to bypass an entire one car. After they gunned it to get in front of the guy they didn't even speed. :iiam:

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

sleepy.eyes posted:

Just saw an SUV sit in a right turn only lane in order to bypass an entire one car. After they gunned it to get in front of the guy they didn't even speed. :iiam:

I do this sometimes at intersections where it's not strictly painted right turn only, but it turns into a parking lane afterwards. It's mostly to try to beat the next red on stretches of road with lots of traffic lights and people that like to trod along under the speed limit. Makes me feel like a dick but I use my signal as I'm merging in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I saw what I think was an ambulance with side pipes rolling coal today in Salt Lake City.

Edit: to clarify, it was definitely an ambulance. I saw black smoke pouring out from under the left side near the back of the driver's door when he took off from a light. It stopped spewing it once he wasn't hammering it.