Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Blue Raider posted:

fat bluehair

Bitch, you made me spit my coffee out.

I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of my new favourite descriptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Pretty sad that there’s 80 pages about this boring crap....... Get a life!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

NutritiousSnack posted:

You missed the God Hopping part

I was being culturally sensitive.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I like how it would be incredibly easy to make a statement that spins the situation to make it sound better but he ended up with a statement that makes it even more obvious that he's a huge creep.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
While looking for a recap of the Abe and Docevil downfall sagas, I found a thread about the latter:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731228

quote:

Early October 2011: On an overcast, gloomy gray day, about 100 people mill around in front of a trendy gay restaurant. Guy Fieri makes omelets with extra tabasco sauce and disgusting poo poo which nobody can eat. In a masterstroke, Steve Harwell calls DocEvil to come up on stage. Rather than displaying even the slightest bit of personal charisma and/or charm, DocEvil lurches around awkwardly during the entire event, compulsively brushing his hair out of his face like that one goth kid from South Park and nervously clutching his pink iPhone with a death grip, his knees no doubt on the brink of shaking.

Ramsus posted:

he was lookin kinda dumb with his finger and his thumb in the shape of an egg on his forehead

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 24, 2017

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wizard Master posted:

Yes, our time would be much better spent contemplating the gender implications of Zelda.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Second Sun posted:

Yes, our time would be much better spent contemplating the gender implications of Zelda.

I think it's about time they finally made Zelda a girl.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Blue Raider posted:

i know this one fairly well. a kid, like a 13 year old, called some fat bluehair a oval office, and a small feminist group jumped him on twitter. somehow abe got involved, and they attacked the hell out of the kid. maybe abe threatened to kill him or something? Im not sure about what was specifically said, but it was over the line. anyway, the kid just laughed at the whole thing straight to their faces.

this story isnt very funny told like this, but its a case of one of those badass SA funnyguys stepping into a bigger pond and getting owned, much like docevil and his flavor town eggs

The kid said rape jokes could be funny in the right context and Abe sicced a bunch of people on him that were doing poo poo like threatening to kill him with a knife.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lazorexplosion posted:

I like how it would be incredibly easy to make a statement that spins the situation to make it sound better but he ended up with a statement that makes it even more obvious that he's a huge creep.

'Yes, it's true. I was drunk and stupid, I read the situation wrong and made a fool of myself. But we moved past that night in our relationship, and I thought it was behind us. I feel terrible it still bothers her to this day, but I applaud her for coming forward in order to help other people find their voices.'

how loving hard is that??? too hard. better involve scientology (phew, yeah ...) and a (bisexual) threesome while reiterating that she's (bi) hosed in the head

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Is the Scientology thing like a desperate attempt to ride a wave which had crested in 2008

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Blue Raider posted:

its a thirsty mfer that hears the sound of vomit and thinks its the perfect time to get his swerve on

:cumpolice::siren:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

esperterra posted:

'Yes, it's true. I was drunk and stupid, I read the situation wrong and made a fool of myself. But we moved past that night in our relationship, and I thought it was behind us. I feel terrible it still bothers her to this day, but I applaud her for coming forward in order to help other people find their voices.'

how loving hard is that??? too hard. better involve scientology (phew, yeah ...) and a (bisexual) threesome while reiterating that she's (bi) hosed in the head

everyone knows the best way to sweep this under the rug is to call her a crazy ex, that always works

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

"I won't accept open discussion and will wait patiently for the mods to ban everyone who disagrees with me."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's just so goddamn silly. He would have gotten a lot of poo poo for it still, especially with the known rear end groping thing and all his virtue signalling, but what he did was loving nothing compared to what other sexual harassers do. He didn't touch her and left when she said no.

It's bad PR but manageable!

^^ lol what a cesspool

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://twitter.com/NeoGAFStats

https://twitter.com/NeoGAFStats/status/760161982972428288

e:

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 24, 2017

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Acting like nu-gbs was an entirely good thing is kinda dumb tho, like it fixed some problems but made plenty of others and that's why it got reigned back. It was literally /b/ making edgy jokes that hinged on slurs for a while, sucked super hard, and we lost a huge amount of forum activity that's never really fully recovered.

There were reasons for the shakeup but it very obviously went too far in the other direction until we went back to moderating it.

This is true. It was hilarious for the first 24-48 hours but quickly became unfunny people trying to ape the posting style of the funny ones and it just kind of spiraled into a mess.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

This is true. It was hilarious for the first 24-48 hours but quickly became unfunny people trying to ape the posting style of the funny ones and it just kind of spiraled into a mess.

It was reliably hilarious for a lot longer than that, but sort of a 'messy friday night out that never ends' sort of hilarious.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Wizard Master posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
You may now move on to greener pastures my friend, places on the internet where there are no threads "boring" to you. Good luck finding that place, fucker.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Brown Menace posted:

Is the Scientology thing like a desperate attempt to ride a wave which had crested in 2008

The proper term is 'free zoners'

I just really that term. It's like something out of a direct to DVD bargain bin sci-fi movie. Free Zoners.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Whoa, that seemed pretty harsh.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Dennis System posted:

Look at duder's rap sheet. It was a matter of time.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
The hardline had been introduced. Tread carefully.

Edit: never mind.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

Look at duder's rap sheet. It was a matter of time.

You're probably right, I didn't look at his history.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

The Dennis System posted:

Oh no I banned a guy who made it is mission to repeatedly come into this thread to tell everybody how much he didn't like it, we're really missing out on the contributions of a rising forum superstar.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Lowtax posted:

Oh no I banned a guy who made it is mission to repeatedly come into this thread to tell everybody how much he didn't like it, we're really missing out on the contributions of a rising forum superstar.

You're right. I apologize.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Lowtax posted:

You may now move on to greener pastures my friend, places on the internet where there are no threads "boring" to you. Good luck finding that place, fucker.

This seems harsh low-tax

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Seems like the kind of person for whom 'I don't like this' carries an implicit 'So make it go away' that they become perplexed isn't promptly obeyed.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Lowtax posted:

Seriously though, if you really hated him you should have made him mod.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Wasn't harsh enough IMO. Should've called two bad words

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

limaCAT posted:

Seriously though, if you really hated him you should have made him mod.

I don't have the energy or desire to actually hate people on the internet.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Blood for Moon Bloodgood

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Was that the guy with the gimmick post he'd do weekly about new episodes of Game of Thrones being bad?

Oh well.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

esperterra posted:

Was that the guy with the gimmick post he'd do weekly about new episodes of Game of Thrones being bad?

Oh well.

I don't know about that, but I do know he was the guy who had been put on probation 33 times.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

What's with the pig avatar anyway? WHat is it with you and pigs?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Blood for Moon Bloodgood

:swoon: She is so dreamy

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Fartbox posted:

Don't worry it's a vegan pig and makes vegan bacon.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Fartbox posted:

Cause he likes to HAM it up!!
He's just BACON everyone crazy!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lowtax posted:

33 times.

Now that's dedication.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

Actually is a policy on most official forums for MMOs and the like; Community Managers are switched out pretty regularly, probably to prevent too much attachment and playing favourites. Also probably means it's a good thing Lowtax disappears for months or years on end every now and again.

also because every CM is angling for a new job in any other position in the company or any company or maybe a different industry actually is mcdonalds hiring

community management is garbage disposal only you have to use your soul as a scoop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What the gently caress is virtue signaling? Is it like throwing gang signs? If not, can it be like throwing gang signs?

• Locked thread