Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

The SKINK//ESTRID Conglomerate places their 3 votes towards Flame's Call!

Change Colour of Dominion of Jerusalem: Nay
Gift Prince Gargamel a Cat: Aye.
Give Lord Holgar of the Oresund Republic the Nickname - "The Horrible": Aye
Give Prince Ogier of Damascus the Nickname - "The Ogre": Aye
Search the House of Wisdom: Aye
Penance Walk for the Emperor: Nay This matter has now been settled by our Emperor
Appoint the Steward to Collect Taxes: Aye.
Change Colour of Muslim Sweden and Norway: Aye.
Sanction a Duel between Count Yijian and the Victory Mural of Severin Lionheart, and Anything in Between: Aye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Still not happy with you idiots. Four votes to the FAAAM act.

• Change colour of Jerusalem: Abstain, because I don't really care.
  • Give Prince Gargamel a cat: Aye, as long as he doesn't torture the poor thing by bringing it here.
  • Lord Holgar's nickname: Aye, at least you haven't lost your sense of humour.
  • Lord Ogier's nickname: Aye, because that's actually kind of funny too.
  • Search the House of Wisdom: Aye, anything to get the Holy Land back.
  • Penance walk: Aye, he must be shown to be contrite for his errors.
  • Collect taxes: Aye, I don't give a gently caress what happens in Sinjar, just don't collect any money from Cephalonia.
  • Change colour of Sweden and Norway: Abstain, again, because I don't care.
  • Count Yijian's duel: Nay, because… oh, Yijian, you're my friend, but you do need to relax.

TinTower fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 23, 2020

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Vote count with approximately 2 hours left in the session.

(Not yet counting TinTower's eventual votes above).

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

House Mersir puts four votes in support of the Trade Reconstruction Policy

Directives:
Aye to everything.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Queen Beatriz II of Armenia, Countess Aldara of Az-Zarqa, Doge Martim of the Øresund Republic

: First of all, congratulations to my niece for ascending to the throne. Under my direction she'll be the best queen there ever was. Second of all, it is increasingly clear to me that the loss of Jerusalem was an inside job. Our troops at Megedel were betrayed by the traitorous princes who now sit on the council of the Child Usurper, all the signs are there, only fools can't -
: Thank you auntie. Aaaaanyway. I say that we should recover Jerusalem quickly, end this madness, and maybe finally we here at Armenia can get Cour money for a much needed reconstruction. Also 4 votes to The Trade Reconstruction Policy. 3 votes to The Reconquest of Jerusalem Celebration Act.
: Hello there Cour. I hic know we Northern Abrãos haven't been here much, but Doge or not we'll make sure things are different now! The Øresund Republic is booming, and i'm sure everyone here has heard of the famous Abrão wines and mead. Why, i'll hic bring a whole shipment for the Reconquest Celebrations (paid generously by the crown obviously)!

Directives
Nay, Nay, Nay! on Colour of Dominion of Jerusalem
Aye on Gift Prince Gargamel a Cat
Aye on Give Lord Holgar of the Oresund Republic the Nickname - "The Horrible"
Aye on Give Prince Ogier of Damascus the Nickname - "The Ogre"
Aye on Search the House of Wisdom
Aye on Penance Walk for the Emperor
Aye on Appoint the Steward to Collect Taxes
Nay on Colour of Muslim Sweden and Norway
Aye on a Duel between Count Yijian and the Victory Mural of Severin Lionheart, and Anything in Between

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 23, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and Blood Empress of the Roly Homan Empire

My colleagues,

Thank you for your attention. I understand that many of you are concerned about the well-being of my beloved cousin Yijian, but this concern is getting us sidetracked. We need to defeat the Rat Pope's king, not get up and sing. This requires discipline.

Yes, I said it, discipline! That is the only path to true satisfaction. My husband Arasen knew it when he marched through the Yurpean countryside accompanied by court ladies playing flutes and drums, whistling merry tunes within whirlwinds of recycled paper. As did Aimery when he hitched a ride on a cloud and drove his way eastward into the court of the Dragon King. The voice of Lao Tzu was ringing in his head and he liked it!

But back to the matter at hand.

Neither my cousin nor I support the Thermidorian candies, those snobby petite bourgeois that sit there uneaten. My position on this matter is common knowledge to everyone living in the court of the Forbidden Emperor of Xin X'ian. Now is the time to return to glory, to return to the great blue sky and become one with the Tao that guides all things. We must return to the lands where sweets fall like stardust and where golden geese leave the harbor every day ridden by pilgrims who'd rather be shaking the shrine gates. See now how everyone writhes in technicolor splendor at the coming of the Second Christ, the one who announces the first, leading the way of the cherry blossom festival that I've co-designed. The blood moon announces his approach and the revelations at hand along the Acropolis floor.

Anyone concerned with festival arrangements step aside now! No child gets in the way of our glory train! All that separates Yijian from true victory are a dozen goose livers and three dozen cohorts of kinders.

You see! All soon will be amazed! Now the House d'Cathay are... truly grand! The ultimate ones! Ha HA!

Four votes to the FAAMA (faama bo bana fee fy mo mana, faama) Act

Directives
  • Change colour of Jerusalem: Abstain, All these designs are necessary and good in the construction of a grand empire
  • Give Prince Gargamel a cat: Aye. The cat sings of splendid merriment.
  • Lord Holgar's nickname: Aye. He's been nothing but horrible to me since that day all those years ago when we ventured off into far off Germania. Hark! The Thermidors think they can put aside these minor scribbles with minute introspections but I know their nature and I will not allow our glory to be sullied for the good of their profit margins. Every day their designs come across new ledgers that whisper wretched things about my cousin and I but I shall not allow it. Horrible he is. Horrible he shall always be.
  • Lord Ogier's nickname: Aye. Wretch, show thy shame.
  • Search the House of Wisdom: Aye. I have read many a book since arriving in Athens. The first book, the most important book, was The Meditations by the one you call Marcus Aurelius. My father gifted it to me before he departed this earth to meet for the Son of Heaven and I have spent many days perusing its pages. It was only a few years ago, however, in the depths of my sickness, that I first came across the pages within the pages. For, you see, Marcus wrote a meditation within his Meditations and those secret meditations reveal all the world to those who dare to read it. I feel tears coming on as I consider the poetry contained within, of the movements of the spirit which must have shaken that emperor of whom I am now a direct descendant. Oh Tao! Oh blessed creation! I am unworthy for such glory!
  • Penance walk: Aye. Our emperor has proven his falseness through and through. Only through this sin dance will he be able to hear the whisperings against him in the street.
  • Collect taxes: Nay. Oh! I have given away all the gold! It is sin, as you Catholics say. All the word is tainted!
  • Change colour of Sweden and Norway: Abstain. Blessed colors...
  • Count Yijian's duel: Aye. Please read my statement above! I doubt anyone who does will be able to vote against this order!

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 23, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
:siren:Session is closed!:siren:

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Final Vote Count for the Haute Cour Session of 1280

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
Travelogue 04

Benedikt tells us of his travels to the westernmost of the Mongol kingdoms: Zyburnia

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Pacho posted:

Travelogue 04

Benedikt tells us of his travels to the westernmost of the Mongol kingdoms: Zyburnia

Excellent, as usual. Updated it into OP

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Been travelling a lot over the past couple weeks and messing with TNO in between, but finally have some free time so we'll hopefully an update soon

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Recess of 1280

* Reconquer the kingdom of Jerusalem

* Construct trade posts in Mecca and Jerusalem, with upgrades as the Emperor sees fit

* Host a Festival of Fortune following the reconquest of Jerusalem

* Establish a company of Zoroastrian mercenaries, called the Hounds of Ahriman

* Appoint the Steward to Collect Taxes

* Search the House of Wisdom

* Gift Prince Gargamel a Cat

* Give Prince Ogier of Damascus the Nickname - "The Ogre"

* Give Lord Holger of the Oresund Republic the Nickname - "The Horrible"

Chapter 37 – The Sacred Cypress – 1280 to 1290

I was defeated.

Not defeated, crushed.

By children.

Children.

For many months after the Children’s Crusade, I locked myself in the rooms of a summer palace and asked myself how. How? Why? I thought it was my destiny to liberate Persia, but I could not even hold my current conquests… and I wasn’t a young man, not anymore. Would I ever even see my homeland again? How many years did I have left? Was all this just in my head?

This depression stretched across a year, and at times I even considered ending my life by mine own hand… but finally, in the midst of the scorching summer of 1284, something happened that shook me out of my reverie.

Queen Beatriz of Armenia – a loyal vassal and close friend of mine – had been digging around in the locked vaults of the House of Wisdom, when she came upon… something incredible.

A branch of the Sacred Cypress of Kashmar, the very same tree that Prophet Zoroaster had carried down from Paradise almost 2000 years ago.

This could only be a sign, a sign that someone was still watching over me, and it was enough to convince me to stand again.

Rumours about the rediscovery of the Kashmar Cypress spread quickly, spurring the outbreak of rebellions in Persia, Turan, India, even distant Zyburnia… and by the end of the year, the Mongol Empire was embroiled in a Zoroastrian uprising that stretched across the world.

The next few months were the most hectic of my life – arming peasants, stockpiling moneys, squashing rebellions, recruiting mercenaries – but it was all worth it, as when we reached the midgreening festival of 1285, over 30,000 troops were poised to retake Jerusalem.

Even before the spring celebrations were over, I gave the order, and those 30,000 flooded into the Holy Land, marching from Tiberias to Kerak to Negev and liberating those fortresses before finally crossing the Jordan…

But as the strongholds to the west of the river came into the sight, so did the Egyptians.

Those damned rebels were taking advantage of our unrest to seize a strip of strategic land stretching from Darum to Jaffa, a base from which they were surely going to strike at Jerusalem itself.

But we didn’t have the strength to challenge them, not yet. So after sighting the republican banners, I circled my horse and led my forces in the opposite direction.

I myself led the march into Jerusalem, only to find the city deserted by their so-called King. The holy city was retaken almost without bloodshed, and from a parapet of the House of Groves on the slopes of Temple Mount, victory was proclaimed.

It was then that the Children, ten thousand who had sailed with the Child King and conquered Hierusalem, rose up with swords in hand… and were slaughtered. Jerusalem was reclaimed, and she would not be lost to the rabble again.

The Child King – a man grown now, like many of his followers – had already suffered a disastrous defeat to the Egyptians, and decided to cut his losses and simply run, fleeing to his last holding in the castle of Hebron (which he seized, soon after his Crusade).

His fate would be left to the Haute Cour, however. I had more important matters to deal with – namely, the absolute ruinous state that Jerusalem was in.

Gold was immediately invested in reconstruction, with the trade post and merchant buildings rebuilt over the next few months.

I also took the opportunity to raise a new castle, not far from Temple Mount and the House of Groves, to use as my own personal capital – Atash Behram, victorious fire – with the Kashmar Cypress planted at its very centre.

Whilst I was overseeing repairs, the lords of the Empire were celebrating, of course. A grand Festival of Fortune was hosted in the capital, with feasts and theater and games and all the usual entertainment.

This merrymaking turned sour in the final days of the Festival, however. In the midst of the usual jousts, Prince Ogier and Prince Geraud – the scions of two fiercely-rivalled dynasties – met in the lists and broke spears, and though Geraud was the clear victor… Ogier did not agree.

Disagreement turned to argument, and argument into war. Within a week, both of these proud lords were marching to settle their dispute on the battlefield.

Even as these rivals clashed with swords in hand, however, even worse news reached Jerusalem.

Holger Thermidor, my diplomat in Persia, returned with news of the crushing defeats dealt to the Zoroastrian rebels, the horrifying sackings of our holy sites, and the ultimate execution of the ringleaders. The uprising was quashed.

But there were survivors.

6000 of the most experienced and hardened rebels managed to escape the wrath of the Great Khan, and they escaped into the only refuge they could find – Jerusalem. I welcomed the Hounds of Ahriman with open arms, and promised them that they had not seen the last of Persia. Not yet.

And even in the midst of this darkness, the light of Ahura Mazda shines.

After several years of discussion and debate via messenger and letter, my words finally convinced a distant king beyond the Russias to embrace the truth of the One God… and even in my own realm, I began to hear whispers – Champion. Prophet. Messiah.

---

It was around this time that a collection of stories, called The Voyages of the Gilded Goose, exploded in popularity in Jerusalem. Though published anonymously, the author claimed to be a crewman on the Gilded Goose throughout its many travels and adventures…

And according to him, those adventures didn’t end with the sinking of their ship all those years ago.

Instead, the author alleges that the survivors of that massacre managed to regroup a few months later, and together they continued into the east until they reached the vast, rich and warlike lands of Cathay. There, they lingered for many years as one of their number (called Sa-Ke-Zuto by locals) gained fame as a mercenary, then captain, and finally prince, somehow carving a slice of Cathay into a kingdom of his own.

Their appetite for riches and adventure sated, this is where the surviving members of the Gilded Geese finally met their end… well, almost.

Riches, women, servants – most of the crew were content with their unimaginable wealth, but their captain was not. Joakim Estrid had no interest in settling down in Cathay or returning to Jerusalem, oh no. Instead, with grey hairs sprouting from his chin and a heavy belly hanging over his belt after a few years of easy living, he was itching for one last adventure, one last quest, one last story. Rebuilding his beloved ship using the dovetree and goldenbark of Cathay, he would sail her where no man had sailed before, sail her across the great gaping ocean of the east, and keep sailing. Ever onward, ever eastward.

He departed on a golden morning sometime in 1290.

He was never seen again.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 1, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

All character sheets are updated. Session opens tomorrow.

Casualties:

- Iehan, King-between-the-Rivers, succeeded by Queen Duihon.
- Zachariel, Pope of Christendom (deposed not dead), succeeded by Pope Uziel.
- Bernard, Prince on the Black Sea, succeeded by Prince Bernard II.
- Frederik, Prince of Antioch, succeeded by Prince Rutger.
- Echive, Princess of Aleppo, succeeded by Prince Oluf.
- Jourdain, Prince of Galilee, succeeded by Count Richard, succeeded by Count Ademar.
- Saris, Princess of Aden, succeeded by Prince Yoel.
- Guillaumette, Princess of Thessalonika, succeeded by Prince Gennadios.
- Tawadros III, Prince of Aegea, succeeded by Prince Pijoul.
- Bayzdar, Countess of Tiberias, succeeded by Count Onfroy.
- Lothaire, Count of Negev, succeeded by Count Aubry.
- Clotaire, Count of Al-Mafraq, succeeded by Count Roubaud.
- Yijian, Count of Xin Xi'an, succeeded by Count Ji.
- Aziz Andirsun, Doge of the Red Sea Republic, succeeded by Lord Aziz.
- Ya'qub Shukrid, Lord of Mecca, succeeded by Doge Adhid.
- Khudayr Shabibid, Lord of Khaybar, succeeded by Lord Behrad, succeeded by Lord Ala'i, succeeded by Lord Imamaddin, succeeded by Lord Isa.
- Pelaio Thermidor, Patrician of the Red Sea Republic, succeeded by Patrician Bernart.

Please declare your status as an independent or faction member, otherwise your new characters will be considered independent in the Haute Cour.

Politics:

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
...Look, if the Aztec descendants of Joakim Estrid don't invade from the east in a couple of decades, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Missed a couple casualties:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
rejoining guilded blah blah blah

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Aziz II is rejoining A Gilded Tomorrow, but what's up with this? What city is this that he got?

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

The Stone Chair of Asyut has laid empty for many decades and now it's the hand of peasants, but with news of our dear Joakim being lost forever at sea, we must formalize that the many Skinkestrid and Estrid lands, ships, charters and various assets will be merged under the SKINK//ESTRID Conglomerate of Merchant Families (COMERFA) and we fully support our Emperor, a fiery light in a dying world, by remaining in the Eternal Flame Faction

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Parviz makes his way to the stand. He is a very plain and easy ignored person, much like his predessor.

I know that many of you will think I was the previous Cyprus Thermidor, but I am a different person, and I am joining Eternal Flame.

Bernart makes his way to the stand. Visually striking, Bernart can barely speak do to the hair lip and stutter that have plagued him his entire life. He has become jaded, but has also come to find the comedy in the horrors of this world. Many refer to him as The Jester. As speaking has become a chore for him, fir any non-performative matters, he speaks in the long used Merchant Sign Language, started by the original Nile Thermidors to make it easier for merchants who spoke different languages to communicate with each other. He states that he will be joining the Eternal Flame.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 7, 2020

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

The Shabibids rejoin The Eternal Flame. Also, enjoy our new imported silk turbans and wraps, straight from the far lands Shabibid Cathay.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

WilliamAnderson posted:

Aziz II is rejoining A Gilded Tomorrow, but what's up with this? What city is this that he got?

Looks like a chunk of Abyssinia was inherited by Bulgaria, who were then subjugated by the Mongol Chagatay. Red Sea Republic likes cities, so they nabbed one on the Straits of Mandeb from em

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Not Bulgaria, all those benefits, lost.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Count Ademar, rightful Duke of Galilee, will continue to caucus with his kinsman Duke Géraud the Repulsive, rightful King of Syria, in the Architects of Paradise.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

The travesty. The AUDACITY. Since Jerusalem was a Kingdom held by our founders, the County of Hebron was held by a Carpanel. We have shed blood fighting for and defending it from outside aggressors. While it seems the other branch holding it t was too week to keep it, I am not.

I worry for others in the Haute Cour who may have lost ancestral lands during the whippersnapper crusade. Let us discuss more thoroughly in the next session on a peaceful means to deal with the usurpers squatting on our lands.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Faction Tally leading to the 1290 Session

Architects of Paradise (Infrastructure, Exploration & Culture)

Leader: Prince Ogier (Mirdini)
Members: Prince-Marshal Nuri (Vinny Possum), Princess-in-Exile Ellinor (Xelkelvos), Prince Geraud (AJ_Impy), Prince Gargamel (Technowolf), Queen-Spymaster Denise (HiHoChiRho), Princess Vartouhi (Freudian), Prince Benoît (Captain Mediocre), Queen-Chancellor Beatriz II (Frionnel)
# of members/votes: 9 members, 42 votes

The Eternal Flame

Leader: Prince Robèrt (Lord Cyrahzax)
Members: Prince-in-Exile Savary (Flavius Aetass), Princess-Advisor Konstantzia (Ralepozozaxe), Patrician Shahab (Pacho), Emperor-Preferent Khuman (Kangxi), Lord Mayor Isa (Gigagar),
# of members/votes: 6 members, 23 votes

A Gilded Tomorrow (Economy/Merchantry/Innovation)

Leader: Princess Elaine (megane)
Members: Lord Mayor Aziz (WilliamAnderson), Count Onfroy (Flesnolk), Countess Benoîte (Slaan), Banebshen-Liaison Ildégarde (Rody One Half), Prince Pijoul (Thordain),
# of members/votes: 6 members, 24 votes

Friendly Association Against Yurpean and Mongolian Aggression (Sinicized Anti-Mongol/Yurpism)

Leader: Princess Yao'er (QuoProQuid),
Members: Prince-in-Exile Ghiyasaddin II (Angstrom Gothington), Grizzwold (Grizzwold), Prince Mael (TinTower),
# of members/votes: 4 members, 12 votes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Prince-in-Exile Raymond (i81icu812), Prince-in-Exile Renaud (Obliterati), Princess Sirvart (Yavuz), Count-in-Exile Sigismond (Soup du Jour), Count Mukhtar (habeasdorkus), Prince Bernard II (Jossar), Princely Grandmaster Gautier (Luhood), Captain Ebbon (VACANT), Banebshen Duihon (Zikan), Prince Oluf (TheFlyingLlama), Doge Adid (mcclay), Prince-in-Exile Renaud (sheep-dodger), Pope-Independent Uziel (Erwin the German), Prince Yoel (Hattie Masters), Count Aubry (Zedhe Khoja), Prince Gennadios (Clayren), Prince Rutger (Pakled)
# of members/votes: 17 members, 50 votes

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 7, 2020

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
House Mersir rejoins Gilded Tomorrow.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Mirdini posted:

Faction Tally leading to the 1290 Session

Prince-in-Exile Benoît (Captain Mediocre)

That's full-fat Prince again thank you.

I applaud our victory and give thanks to the haute coure for helping to recover my lands. It's going to take *weeks* for my servants to clean off all the childish scribbling on my castle walls...

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"A Gilded Tomorrow offers a coalition with The Eternal Flame! The Emperor wants his homeland back. That's great, because, see, the Silk Road... it goes through the Emperor's homeland, and it makes lots and lots of money. And that money is going to the horde! That's bad. So we're going to take it back. For the first time."

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Eternal Flame happily accepts this offer. Wealth and a new future will be ours!

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

A scribe runs into the Haute Cour's chambers, bearing news from Damascus. The scribe notably omits Ogier's usual.... verbal style.

The Architects of Paradise would like to also offer a coalition, namely to the noble Friendly Association Against Yurpean and Mongolian Aggression. While an attack on the Mongols is certainly a righteous cause, at this exact moment we feel it would possibly open us to further aggression from other nearby enemies, when we may be better off husbanding our strength in recently-reconquered Jerusalem.

For the continued strength of the dominion against external threats, we must stand together!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Mirdini posted:

A scribe runs into the Haute Cour's chambers, bearing news from Damascus. The scribe notably omits Ogier's usual.... verbal style.

The Architects of Paradise would like to also offer a coalition, namely to the noble Friendly Association Against Yurpean and Mongolian Aggression. While an attack on the Mongols is certainly a righteous cause, at this exact moment we feel it would possibly open us to further aggression from other nearby enemies, when we may be better off husbanding our strength in recently-reconquered Jerusalem.

For the continued strength of the dominion against external threats, we must stand together!

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and Beloved Empress of the Holy Roman Empire

My colleagues,

My dearest colleagues,

My dearest colleagues and the remarkable seraphim that, oh heaven, above is nearing us,

Everything you hear is true. I have spent many days by candlelight conversing with the angels who crowd around the Acropolis and they speak to me of a coalition with the Architects of Paradise. Together, we will build a new age of peace and prosperity where Tao and Christian and Yurpean and Outremer might live as one in coexistence and harmony. We will gather alms and prepare for the coming of my husband, the one true Son of Heaven. We will hold feasts to celebrate the reclamation of the Celestial Empire from barbarians and decry the actions of the false eastern pretender run by charlatans and eunuchs.

Now is the time for rebuilding! Now is the age of enlightenment!

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 7, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dominant faction: Architects of Paradise/FAYMA Coalition

Session of the Haute Cour, 1290

: Lords and ladies. Welcome home.

: It’s only been a few years, but I’ve done as promised – Jerusalem is reclaimed, Temple Mount is cleansed, the House of Groves is rebuilt.

: I have held to my word, and now you all must hold to yours. The Mongol is hurting, and weakened, and slowly falling apart – we must strike now, and liberate Persia from their tyranny. Give me your levy, and by Ahura Mazda, I will scourge the lot of them.

: Oh, and you might want to decide what to do about our young would-be King of Jerusalem, before he gets up to anything nefarious.

State of Affairs

Emperor-Preferent: Khuman Ahriman
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: A Gilded Tomorrow, Friendly Association Against Yurpean and Mongolian Aggression, Architects of Paradise, Eternal Flame
Treasury: 1324 gold, +68.87/month
Piety: 1967, +1.56/month
Grace: 0
Threat: 36%
Army: 43489 levies
Non-Aggression Pacts: none.
Alliances: Shah of Transoxiana.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
  • none.
Active Laws - 10/10:

World Map:

Jerusalem, House of Groves

Weak Claims:

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem is Princess Geraud of Palmyra.

Council and Court:
Bunch of minor titles are open.

Laws:
Next law can be passed now.

Technology:
A few advancements are opening up.

Military:
Levies are at their highest in decades.

Factions:

Known Plots:

Decisions:

Religion:
Still still zoroastrian

Culture:

Relations:

Trade Zones:
Egypt is still popping out republics somehow - Syrte, Sicily, Cairo, and more.

Defensive Pacts:

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging the cheapest coronation ceremony.
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Purchasing favours.
- Converting his own religion.
- Requesting that courtiers and vassals convert to his religion.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received. The King may strongarm a policy of his own devising in its place.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, 24 hours for drafting legislation and 24 hours for voting. After this period, the 4 most popular proposals are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- A member of a Faction may support or oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may vote Aye/Nay on each Directive.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote, Aye or Nay.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the policy will take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Holger the Horrible bundles up to the podium, while flexing. He knocks over many a drink on his way up.

People keep telling me which religion I am a part of, but all I know is that it's one that involves hot fire and passion, and that's what I'm down for! The weak peasants under the Grey Mongols proved to be too weak, as I was not aiding them, but the Zyburnians, under my tutelage, they will soon overthrow the weak Toluids! I mean, THEY GOT BURN RIGHT IN THEIR NAME! Training is how it's done, and our own troops could use some training, that is why I propose We increase our Melee Techniques (tech).

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Eternal Flame presents the following Policy:

We Didn't Start the Fire, It Was Always Burning

1. Declare a holy war for the duchy of Fars within the next 10 years, unless we are already in a defensive war, or have a large dangerous faction (+75% power). We may use mercenaries as necessary. The Duchy of Fars shall be awarded to the Family of Ahriman.

2. After our victory, we shall throw a Light's of the World Festival, celebrating and informing us of all the various religions and cultures that make up our land and those that surround us.

3. If we have full levies, no dangerous factions (+75%), less than 50 threat, have no truce with the target, and the combined forces of our enemies equal less than our total troops, including mercs, we shall declare a holy war for the duchy of Jibal. First claim for the duchy will strictly follow the rules of the new APA.

We hope our associated see the wisdom in this bill, and the wisdom in finally freeing lost Persia from the chaos of the Mongols. We lost our once great heartland in Egypt, but Jerusalem endures, and we shall find ever greener pastures!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Bernart, The Jester, makes his way to the stage.He performs an elaborate routine with many gestures and hand motions, most of which are rude. He says few words, but makes many vulgar noises. After his performance, he puts his arm out expectantly. No one says or does anything, they are to dumbstruck by what they have seen. Parviz makes his way to the stage.

My cousin would like you all to know that he has given you a taste of what he assures me will be but a taste of his many future performances. By his own words, er, sign language, hewould like to state thus.

Despite not being in the correct court Bernart Thermidor would like to be made Court Jester, wether he getes the title or not, He would like to have a Grand Performance for the Emperor and some of the other Realm Lords we are closest in relations to. He assures this will be the performance of a lifetime. Even so, He will happily perform it again if requested in the future.

Bernart and Parviz walk off the stage, Bernart beaming and Parviz looking ashamed.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

E: new directive further down

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 8, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Konstanzia stumbles her way up to the dias, reeking of alcohol.

Wanna knw a great way to start your day, mix some Saba and some Abrao Wine, get's you right up and ready for, uh, whatever it is you need to do. Speaking of doing, some members on the council would be better in a different, um, position? Yeah I think that's right. I propose that the positions of Doge Ahdid and Queen Denise be switched, so that queen Denise is the Steward and Doge Adhid is the Spymaster. I would also like to implore upon our Emperor to stop these plots on the lives of my fellow ladys Queen Denise and Queen Beatriz, we should feel safe in this realm! Where's my Drink! Checkmate!

Konstantzia passes out, and is dragged away by some helpful Clam Guard.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

One Zoro conversion please

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

In case anyone wants to hear my opinion on Konstanzia's proposed directive, I am for switching from Spymaster to Steward.

Also I implore the good Emperor to end these nasty plots against us fine Queens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

There might be some confusion about this, but just to confirm, this guy that nabbed Hebron isn't actually a King anymore. We've taken the kingdom of jerusalem title back.