Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
We finish the round, which means I am very dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Some Numbers posted:

We finish the round, which means I am very dead.
If nobody exhausts, it means you've wasted time that could have been spent looting. ;)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I got zero Step B orders, but we're technically done, so I'll follow my interpretative dance instructor's teachings and follow my heart :v:

Clockwork Cove, Conclusion

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Pikachu discards Howling Bolts to save Ash from lethal damage!
"Scenario Special Rules:
"

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Ooze 10(s)! Moves1 to E3. Attacks Ooze 10(s) for 1 (2base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 10(s) is killed!
- Pikachu uses Disappearing Wounds (bot)! Moves2 to pressupre plate (e).
- Pikachu uses Patch Fur (top)! All Summoned allies gains SHIELD1! Loses INVISIBLE token.

The victory condition has been met, and the Scenario will be won at the end of this Round if Pikachu is still on that plate. EDIT: I've just realized I've forgot to update Pikachu's token...he is on the plate and he is no longer INVISIBLE, though, trust me!

22. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 2 focuses Ash! Flies2 to D5. Attacks Ash for 2 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage.
Ash is killed!
- Living Spirit 4 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 0 (1base, -1mod) damage.
Master Splinter is at 7 HP and is MUDDLED!
- Living Spirit 6 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Flies2 to E4. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 0 (1base, -1mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 1 HP and is MUDDLED!

Goonight, sweet prince :negative:

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (bot)! Moves1 to B4. Attacks Living Spirit 4 with DISADVANTAGE for 2 (2base, +0/x2BLESSmod +2bonus, SHIELD2) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Living Spirit 4 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (top)! Summons Rat Swarm in hex A3! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s). Loses MUDDLED token.

46. Ancient Artillery posted:

- Ancient Artillery 6 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 0 (1base, -1mod) damage.

That is A LOT of close calls for our Spellweaver!

57. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 4 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 4 (2base, x2mod) damage.

Sooo close :(
Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

With the last plate activated, a massive boom echoes throughout the chamber and the gears slowly grind to a halt. Luckily, this seems to sap the power of the guardians, as well, and what was once a raucous turmoil is now eerily quiet. The gears lay dormant and the machinery no longer whirs.
Also, the Ooze and the Spirits call quit, I guess.

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- None!
Scenario Rewards
- Global Achievement: Ancient Technology (2).
Victory Rewards
+8XP Each

If we manage to get 5 Ancient Technology Global Achievements, we are allowed to open Envelope A.

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 66.
- Master Splinter: Dynamo* "Kill a monster during the scenario by causing at least 4 more points of damage to it than is necessary." SalTheBard has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: Drowsy "Declare a long rest while at your maximum hit point value." Some Numbers has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
- Pikachu: Hunter* "Kill one or more elite monsters during the scenario." Elephant Ambush has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
This was a tough Scenario, so it's not surprising that our BG completion quota has suffered a bit.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 66 are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=2 is worth 3 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +21XP. (New Total 199XP) and +3 gold (New Total 60 gold). Master Splinter has enough experience to advance to Level 5!
- Lina Megumin Inverse:+15XP. (New Total 120XP) and +12 gold (New Total 22 gold).
- Pikachu:+14XP. (New Total 163XP) and +9 gold (New Total 27 gold). Pikachu has enough experience to advance to Level 4!
With two level ups, this is the strongest the Torch Thieves are going to be before being forced to bump Scenario Difficulty to Level 3. Of course, we may still decide to bump it up ourselves to get better XP and monetary rewards. Master Splinter new HP count is 10; Pikachu's and Ash's are 9 and 16.

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: no progress!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: no progress!
- Pikachu: no progress!
Updated Sheets

City Event 24 posted:

NEVER TRUST A VERMLING seems like a harsh stance for a Party that is 66% composed of rat-people...but maybe that is the reason we don't trust them?

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 66!
2) City Event outcome, A or B!
3) Master Splinter's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list of Perks can be found in his character's sheet just above. These are the cards we can pick from:

4) Pikachu's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list of Perks can be found in his character's sheet just above. These are the cards we can pick from:

5) Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. We'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 11, 2020

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
MVP: Ash for being a bear and Pikachu for cheesing the ending.
City Event: Option A, let's see what the Vermling's got.
Splinter: Mass Hysteria and +2 Ice, both of which will make it much easier to power up Cold Fire.
Pikachu: Ancient Ward and replace -1 with +1. Get more consistency from the deck and a card that does work on both sides.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm sorry. I've been playing Awful Big Brother and it's been a lot to deal with along with this so I'm sorry for being a slacker.

I also realized that I picked a very lovely card combination. I focused on movement since the map was so big and then ended up standing on a button most of the time.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 11, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
That was a terrible level. Good job guys on finishing it!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

A. We are the vermlings at this point

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
We did it! :toot:

Some Numbers posted:

Splinter: Mass Hysteria and +2 Ice, both of which will make it much easier to power up Cold Fire.
Pikachu: Ancient Ward and replace -1 with +1. Get more consistency from the deck and a card that does work on both sides.

I agree with all of these.

Apologies for not being as attentive as I might have been. Life Happened. I know that's a lovely vague excuse but things really are happening and nobody itt wants to read the details.

Anyway thanks for letting me play again. This thread loving owns.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
2) City Event outcome, A or B!
3) Master Splinter's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list of Perks can be found in his character's sheet just above. These are the cards we can pick from:

4) Pikachu's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list of Perks can be found in his character's sheet just above. These are the cards we can pick from:

5) Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. We'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)
(1) no vote, sorry
(2) Always buy from Vermlings! A
(3) Mass Hysteria and +2 Ice

(4) So this is where our decisions start to get real.
* Ancient Ward is a great card, but mostly for an Active Tyrant. It's still a great scenario-opener but if you're not playing active tyrant, it will end up being a discarded top.
* Punch Through is an amazing card for Bear Lords, and will let them deal with Flame Demons and the like. For an Active Tyrant, it makes for a perfectly good bottom move action with added bear-smashing.

I vote Punch Through because we need a way to kill high-shield enemies other than massive damage. IIRC we'll want to come back and pick up Ancient Ward at a future level. I can't be mad about either card though - Ancient Ward is also great.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Punch Through is good (I took it at some point on my Tyrant) but you can do a lot of the same thing by just using Concentrated Rage's damage boost to overwhelm the shield.

E: Also the initiative is poo poo, while Ancient Ward remains great as CR fodder.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 11, 2020

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Good job, y'all. That couldn't have been easy.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
1) MVP/Play of the Game: Meg, for tanking those hits like a pro.
2) City Event: B!
3) Master Splinter's NEW PERK and NEW CARD: +2 Ice, and Mass Hysteria.
4) Pikachu's NEW PERK and NEW CARD: -1 to +1, and Ancient Ward.
5) Money matters!: No preference.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
drat did that scenario look difficult, and good job.

2) City Event: A, always trust Vermlings
No vote for the rest, I haven't played this far with my own actual group and I've no idea how to develop things from now on.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

City event A.
For Splinter's card, Mass Hysteria.
For Pikachu's card, Punch Through - Ancient Ward is entirely useless after the first room if Pikachu ends up sitting there the whole scenario; and pierce is nice to have.
Everyone donate.

E: yeah, having stuff to feed concentrated rage with is handy. I'd still rather have things that are more usable in their own right, though.

Telum fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 11, 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zack Ater posted:

For Pikachu's card, Punch Through - Ancient Ward is entirely useless after the first room if Pikachu ends up sitting there the whole scenario; and pierce is nice to have.
Well, it still gives you pretty good initiative and a discardable top at least. :)

I agree with Punch Through, but Ancient Ward is still a solid card for bear-centric tyrants.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

City event A, never pick boring options
Splinter's card Mass Hysteria
Pikachu's card Punch Through

Splinter is high enough level to have 3 small item slots right? In that case, buy a Ring of Skulls for Splinter.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

sirtommygunn posted:

City event A, never pick boring options
Splinter's card Mass Hysteria
Pikachu's card Punch Through

Splinter is high enough level to have 3 small item slots right? In that case, buy a Ring of Skulls for Splinter.

Why Ring of Skulls?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Ditto, the Ring is good in certain circumstances, but not for the Mindthief. Much better off with a mana or healing potion.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why Ring of Skulls?

Because we have the money for it, thats all.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How much cash to give mass hysteria curse? Because we should put curse on mass hysteria if we pick it.

E: never mind there's not a slot for curse on the top

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
City Management XII, Update 1

Decisions so far posted:

- Master Splinter: both Card and Perk selection for Splinter were pretty straight forward choices, it seems! We're going with Mass Hysteria and add one +2 ICE card.
- Pikachu: Pikachu's new Perk is going to be the last replace one -1 card with one +1 card available. His new card is less clear, as we are tied up at the moment, so we'll keep voting!
- We are also not sure what to do with our money! The only option that doesn't have a negative score so far is everyone donates, so we'll vote on that with a simple Y/N poll.

City Event 2, resolution posted:

Effect: Pay 10 collective gold. No effect.
loving Vermlings, man. We have the 10 collective gold, so we have to pay; moreover, this card will stay in our City Events deck.

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to take advantage of a nice webapp called Gloomhaven Scenario Tree that allows us to keep track of everything we've completed, unlocked, lost access to or currently unable to visit. If you want to import the current progress into your webapp, just copy/paste the content of Cell F2 from the "Player List" sheet.

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- Now that we have bested the Mountain Pass, we may want to investigate this...voice in the Echo Chamber before venturing forth.

- Otherwise, we could ignore the voice and attempt to tackle the Icecrag Ascent.

- Exploring the previous Crypt, we've found another location where the Cult may take shelter. If we are brave enough, we can venture into the Ruinous Crypt (5), where we'll face more Cultists, more Skellingtons and a cured selection of elemental Demons!

- We have been helping Jekserah against the Cult, but who's to say we can't spread out our love to every single necromancer in the land? If we want to gather favour with the Cult, we can try to clear up the Decaying Crypt (6) from the masterless undead that currently reside there.

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 41 posted:

PLEASE KEEP VOTING FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
2) Pikachu's NEW CARD[/b].
3) Everyone donates, Y/N?
4) Our Next Destination!
5) Road Event outcome, A or B!

I forgot to thanks our players, SalTheBard Some Numbers and Elephant Ambush! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to archduke.iago, Zurai and Zulily Zoetrope (with Narsham as the first sub) to let them know they're up next.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Feb 12, 2020

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

Let's discuss where our party should head to next
I think the Available Scenario section needs an update since it talks about #81 and Rocky retiring.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ooops, forgot to remove that, thanks! :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Road option A. Pikachu can talk bear after all, apologizing to the nice bear lady for the intrusion should work.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. Ash for nearly dieing, good boy
2. Punch through
3. Ruinous crypt
4. Yes, all donate
5. Road event A

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This road event sucks

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Road event A, Pikachu can talk to bears.
Ancient Cistern.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Icecrag Ascent

Road Event Option A

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

That Italian Guy posted:

What are those mysterious runes on the side of the Reward card? Well, Gloomhaven comes with some kind of cipher...I wonder if this will become relevant in the future.

Dredging this up from way back, but my printed edition of the game does not seem to have these runes on this item? Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong spot. Any spoiler free pointers?

Also:

MVP Ash
Ancient Ward
No donation
Icecrag Ascent
Road A

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

It may be a version specific graphic? Not sure which version the TTS module is using.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Definitely a TTS thing, that's not in the printed game.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I think it's a TTS easter egg, based on what it translates to.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XII, Update 2

Short update today, as I have not received an answer from several of the players (and Narsham is unable to sub for this Scenario). I've reached out to the next few players to find potential subs, if needed. In the meantime, let's talk to a Bear!

Road Event 41, resolution posted:

Effect: No effect!
Good thing we had Pikachu with us to talk some sense into that pokémon bear!

PLEASE KEEP VOTING FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
2) Pikachu's NEW CARD[/b].
3) Everyone donates, Y/N?
4) Our Next Destination!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

This card was one of the ones added when Two Minis was started (although it should have been added when Two Minis was unlocked), and those unlock cards tend to favour having the related class around.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Some Numbers posted:

Yup, seems fine that way. +1 to everything here.

Also I still think a Spear is better than the Axe for Splinter, so I'll vote for that again ! Megumin shouldn't donate, she could do with some more gear, but the rats can be all pious and stuff.

For next mission, voting Ruinous Crypt

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I will also vote Everyone Donates

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We are currently tied between Ruinous Crypt and Icecrag Ascent. Next vote decides!

EDIT: also we have our party for this Scenario: Zulily Zoetrope, Car Hater and DarthRoblox!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 14, 2020

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Icecrag Ascent!

Deal with it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XII, Update 3 and Scenario 25 Preamble

Final decisions posted:

- MVP for Scenario 66 are Pikachu and Ash (as controlled by Elephant Ambush) :agesilaus:
- Everyone will donate 10g to the Sanctuary and receive 2 BLESS cards!
We decided to ignore the voice coming from the Echo Chamber and we're going straight to Scenario 25 - Icecrag Ascent:

Scenario 25 - Icecrag Ascent - Location posted:

We're (almost) on top of the world!

Is that a plane?

Scenario 25 - Icecrag Ascent - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 25 before starting it:
Links to: Scorched Summit – #34
Requirements: None.
Goal: All characters must escape through the exit (a)
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 25 - Icecrag Ascent - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Hounds:

Rending Drakes:

Spitting Drakes:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!
Every monster in this Scenario is pure unadultered BS! Rejoice!!!

Scenario 25 - Icecrag Ascent - Introduction posted:

The Copperneck Mountains are not accommodating. Beyond the pass, the weather gets progressively worse the farther north you travel. Your packs are unbearably heavy. The cold is in your bones. And then you start climbing the Icecrag. Without yet having seen any signs of a giant, winged beast, you begin to wonder whether all this trouble is even worth it. Multiple times you contemplate turning back, dreaming of the warm glow of the Sleeping Lion’s hearth.

But you begin to hear something strange. Your ears pick up a screeching sound in the wind. It is not large—possibly even just the wind flowing through a small space. But still, it is something. You move forward, and then you see the wolves. They are right upon you, white fur among the flurries of snow

Master Splinter is immune to the negative scenario effect, but our Spellweaver and Beast Tyrant each start the scenario with two extra -1 attack modifiers in their decks. Please remind me to remove these at the end of the Scenario :)
Players spaw tiles are marked with a STRENGTHEN token.
Car Hater, DarthRoblox and Zulily Zoetrope please provide:
- Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding, if you change something);
- Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM;
- Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh, this is not the scenario I thought it was. This is an entirely different scenario, one that involves moving your character. Fun.

I'm thinking if I start in M2, the bear can take L1, and only the elite hound shoul be able to reach Ash while the others will just turn the corner in one big, targetable group.