Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
And we're back!

Burning Mountain, Round 3B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Forked Beam (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 6(E) for 0 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD3) damage! Attacks Earth Demon 4(E) for 4 (2base, +2'mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (bot)! Moves2 to L2.
Lina Megumin Inverse executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (top as a basic ATK2)! Attacks Earth Demon 4(E) for 1 (2base, rolling STUN, -1mod) damage!
Earth Demon 4(E) is killed!
Door (b) opens!

Our Spellweaver has already acted, but please Xiahou Dun and Kafila, send your revised orders (or let me know if you don't want to change them) now that we know what's behind door (b). Also in case someone needs it and it got lost in the mix, our Mindthief is playing the bottom of Possession this round, allowing one ally withing Range3 may perform MOVE4.

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Just going to sit there and (in)effectively poke at the two new stone golems~

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

God that is just a wall of beef.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Think I'm going to stick with my current orders:

Forego my top action to get bonuses on Ash's attacks, then let him hit the elite Stone Demon, and then the bottom command attack for another 5 point attack.

Unless there's any point moving over toward Lina, but don't think so.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

My first plan is to use the bottom of Possession to huck the bear at something, thoughts?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Xiahou Dun posted:

My first plan is to use the bottom of Possession to huck the bear at something, thoughts?

You can't say card names!

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

You can't say card names!

I think it's ok since the cards have already been revealed.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
FWIW, using the bottom of Possession on the bear would do nothing. It allows the ally to perform a Move 4, but since it doesn't say "with you controlling the action", it would still follow normal summon/monster AI. Since it's already next to an enemy, the bear wouldn't move.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

HMS Beagle posted:

I think it's ok since the cards have already been revealed.

:doh:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I'm not an rear end in a top hat. Christ.

So no-one wants to be chucked at a thing? Otherwise I'm just gonna use it as a basic move.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I'm fine since I'm not being attacked.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

By which I mean staying totally still.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Spellweaver would be the best to move, so you can focus down one set of the stone golems before the other can close.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Burning Mountain, Round 3B+

- None!

Master Splinter is staying put!

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

Pikachu discards Maul! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Stone Golem 6(E)! Attacks Stone Golem 6(E) with ADVANTAGE for 7 (2base, x2mod +3bonus, SHIELD3) damage! Loses STRENGTHENED token.
Stone Golem 6(E) is at 7 HP and is STUNNED!
- Pikachu uses Vicious Ally (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Stone Golem 6(E) for 4 (2base, +2'mod +3bonus, SHIELD3) damage!
Stone Golem 6(E) is at 3 HP and is STUNNED!

Turns out SHIELD3 is less effective when you swing for 10 damage a pop :tbear::gibs:

51. Stone Golems posted:

- Stone Golem 4(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves3 to door (b) hex.
- Stone Golem 6(E) focuses Ash! Loses STUNNED token.
- Stone Golem 1 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves2 to G3.
- Stone Golem 2 focuses Master Splinter! Moves2 to C2.

As always, please let me know if you want me to move the monsters in a different, valid hex!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Pikachu 's deck is shuffled.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing 2 orders :(

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Oh crap one's me. Sending them ASAP.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
One's also me, having a craptastic day at work. Will have them in shortly.

Though TIG? You missed my Stamina potion usage in the update.
I'll assume that's done and submit orders accordingly.

Kafila fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 28, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kafila posted:

Though TIG? You missed my Stamina potion usage in the update.
I'll assume that's done and submit orders accordingly.

Apologies! Yes I have completely missed that .

Pikachu uses Major Stamina potion to get back Energizing Strike, Forceful Swipe and Maul!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Burning Mountain, Round 4A

- Pikachu uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Energizing Strike, Forceful Swipe and Maul!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded6, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and Corrupting Embrace.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"CORRUPTING EMBRACE (39) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK1, POISON - ATK1, MUDDLE
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - POISON, Target all enemies moved through - Generate DARK."
Pikachu (Hand7, Discarded2, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Patch Fur and Energizing Strike.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

code:
"PATCH FUR (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect all summoned Allies.
BOT: COMMAND - HEAL4, Self - XP1"

"ENERGIZING STRIKE (29) [Lvl2]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4 - STRENGTHEN, Self - XP1
BOT: HEAL1, affect all Allies."
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand2, Discarded5, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 26 with Flashing Burst and Flame Strike.
(Hand2, Discarded5, Active0, Lost1)

26. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"FLASHING BURST (26) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Generate LIGHT
BOT: MOVE4"

"FLAME STRIKE (36) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range2 - Consume FIRE, WOUND
BOT: ATK2, Range2"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Burning Mountain, Round 4B

- None!

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (top)! KILLS Stone Golem 2! LOSS card!
Stone Golem 2 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Corrupting Embrace (bot)! Jumps4 to F3 through D2, F2, G3.
Stone Golem 6(E) is at 3 HP and is POISONED!
DARK is now strong.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Stone Golem 6(E)! Attacks Stone Golem 6(E) for 3 (2base, x2mod, SHIELD3, POISON) damage!
Stone Golem 6(E) is killed!
Door (c) opens!

When door (c) opens posted:

The Savvas gathered in this back chamber as their last stand. A number of them lie around the area, their bodies mangled and roasted. A throne occupies the room’s center, and atop it sits the body of a regal Savvas holding a hammer and a helmet. Scorched into the wall behind him are the words: “Folly. The Beast awakes. Impossible to control the Mountain’s power. Return them and it shall sleep again.”

Ah the classic conundrum...

*20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

- Pikachu uses Energizing Strike (top)! COMMANDS Ash to STRENGTHEN, Self. Gains 1XP.
- Pikachu uses Patch Fur (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to HEAL4, Self! Gains 1XP.
Ash the Bear is at 11 HP and is STRENGTHENED.

26. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flashing Burst (top)! Attacks Earth Demon 4(E) for 0 (3base, -1mod, SHIELD3) damage!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flame Strike (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to J3.
LIGHT is now strong.
- Lina Megumin Inverseexecutes a Short Rest! Suffers 1 damage to reroll Reviving Ether! Recovers all the discarded cards, losesFlame Strike.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 8 HP.

77. Flame Demons posted:

Both focus Ash, no action taken!

79. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 5(E) focuses Ash! Moves3 to G3.
- Earth Demon 1 focuses Ash! Moves3 to door (c) hex.

83. Stone Golems posted:

- Stone Golem 4(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves2 to K2.
- Stone Golem 1 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves1 to F3.

This Scenario is interesting cause you can definitely pull some nice AI manipulation from here on. Unfortunately, Ash is also subjected to it :v:

- DARK is now waning.
- LIGHT is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That elite earth demon should hit a wound trap next turn. A bit of a waste of a wound with 20 freaking HP but who cares.
Meanwhile Ash and the stone golems are going to 1v2 on the sides. That's unoptimal to say the least.

Does Lina still have her bow ready? The flame demons are, as usual, a pain.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Omobono posted:

That elite earth demon should hit a wound trap next turn. A bit of a waste of a wound with 20 freaking HP but who cares.
Meanwhile Ash and the stone golems are going to 1v2 on the sides. That's unoptimal to say the least.

Does Lina still have her bow ready? The flame demons are, as usual, a pain.

I can reviving Ether to get my bow back, but that will come later. For now, what are we going to do? Bring the treasure to the middle or escape with it?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Eeepies posted:

I can reviving Ether to get my bow back, but that will come later. For now, what are we going to do? Bring the treasure to the middle or escape with it?

Reviving Ether only lost gets cards back, not consumed items.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing 2 orders :v:

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Sorry my orders are going in now.

Should we try and focus down the Stone Golems? That's where Ash is going, and I intend for him to do classic bear things to them!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I can hardly poke through the Shield 3 though without my bow, but I'll try.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I offer the golems rock candy and try to befriend them.

But seriously I'm probably gonna dick around for this turn, short rest, and then if you want make a giant rat murder-dash for the treasure chest. Thoughts?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Still missing 1 order :(

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

That's my fault, sorry! I'm typing orders now. My bad.

(Stuff happened and I meant that question to get a reply and just plumb forgot. I am Boo boo the Fool.)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Burning Mountain, Round 5A

"
"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand6, Discarded0, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Freezing Nova.
(Hand6, Discarded0, Active0, Lost2)

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"

"FREEZING NOVA (21) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Target all adjacent enemies - IMMOBILIZE - Consume ICE, +1ATK.
BOT: HEAL4, Range4 - Generate LIGHT"
Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded7, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 12 with Mass Hysteria and Brain Leech.

12. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"MASS HYSTERIA (12) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK1, Range4, Target4 - MUDDLE - Generate ICE - XP1
BOT: Persistent Bonus: you may have 2 Augments active at once. If a third Augment is played, discard one of the others "

"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."
Pikachu (Hand5, Discarded4, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 23 with Disappearing Wounds and Focused Aggression.

23. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

code:
"DISAPPEARING WOUNDS (23) [Lvl1]
TOP:  HEAL4, Self.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2 - XP1"

"FOCUSED AGGRESSION (31) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3, Range3.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK5 - Generate EARTH - XP2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Ouch, Ash isn't going to like this round! At least it looks like the golem will be muddled.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I think we need to handle the Stone Golems first. Once at least the Elite one is down, then someone can rush down the right path to the chest to take it, while we create a bottleneck on the left.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing 2 orders again :sigh:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Sorry, thing's have been quite madness here. Orders submitted.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Burning Mountain, Round 5B

- None!

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Freezing Nova (bot)! HEAL4, Ash!
Ash the Bear is at 15 HP and is STRENGTHENED.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (top)! Consumes LIGHT. Attacks Stone Golem 4(E) for 1 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD3) damage! Gains 1XP.
Stone Golem 4(E) is at 14 HP.
LIGHT is now strong.

PING!

12. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 4(E) for 5 (4base, x2BLESSmod, SHIELD3) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Stone Golem 4(E) is at 9 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Mass Hysteria (bot)! Persistent Bonus: you may have 2 Augments active at once. If a third Augment is played, discard one of the others.
DARK is now strong.
- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Into the Night

23. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

Pikachu discards Disappearing Wounds! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Stone Golem 4(E)! Moves3 to J2. Attacks Stone Golem 4(E) with ADVANTAGE for 2 (2base, +0/+0mod +3bonus, SHIELD3) damage! Ash loses STRENGTHENED token.
Stone Golem 4(E) is at 7 HP.
- Pikachu uses Focused Aggression (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Stone Golem 4(E) for 6 (5base, +1mod +3bonus, SHIELD3) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Stone Golem 4(E) is at 1 HP.
EARTH is now strong.

Ash is going to get slammed by the 1HP Elite Stone Golem, but it being alive is not necessarily a bad thing. The monster in the top room would not step on the trap if door (d) was opened, for one.

42. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 5(E) focuses Master Splinter! Moves3 to D1. Trap triggered in E1! Earth Demon 5(E) suffers 5 trap damage!
Earth Demon 5(E) is at 15 HP and is WOUNDED!
- Earth Demon 1 focuses Master Splinter! Moves3 to E2.

67. Flame Demons posted:

- Flame Demon 1(E) focuses Master Splinter! Flies2 to J1.
- Flame Demon 1(E) focuses Master Splinter! Flies2 to N1.
FIRE is now strong.

Corraling these Flame Demons is going to require some precise timing.

90. Stone Golems posted:

- Stone Golem 4(E) focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 6 (6base, +0mod) damage.
Ash the Bear is at 9 HP.
- Stone Golem 1 focuses Ash! No action taken.

- LIGHT is now waning.
- DARK is now waning.
- EARTH is now waning.
- FIRE is now waning.
"
"

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Burning Mountain, Round 6A

"
"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW

Pikachu (Hand3, Discarded6, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Forceful Swipe.

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"
Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 75 with The Mind's Weakness and Corrupting Embrace.

75. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"

"CORRUPTING EMBRACE (39) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK1, POISON - ATK1, MUDDLE
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - POISON, Target all enemies moved through - Generate DARK."
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand4, Discarded2, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 80 with Reviving Ether and Cold Fire.
(Hand4, Discarded2, Active0, Lost2)

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - CANNOT BE RECOVERED
BOT: MOVE4, Jump"

"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Always nice to see a round where most enemies won't do anything.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing 2 orders :P

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Still missing one order...

Thi scenario is an endurance one in more than one way :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Guess what? I'm still missing one order. Leaving one last day before calling in a sub for the missing player :(