Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Which door are we going to breach in the future? Top or bottom?

I'll be stunning something and reposition towards the chosen door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

AtomikKrab posted:

Bear has 3 move it can get there I think?

Yeah, disregard my note, not sure why I thought the Bear had move 2 for a moment :v: still, let me know if you have preferences on the landing hex!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lets go top door, Because the elite living corpse is near it and the bear is gonna go that way for mauling purposes.

No preference on hex. Only preference is on mauling

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Metagaming a little, the top is gonna have more corpses and fewer skeletons. I think top.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

It's not really metagaming

the game is really obviously hinting. North is Corpses, Bottom is the Bone Zone.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Decaying Crypt, Round 3B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

12. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Mass Hysteria (bot)! Moves1 to F1.
- Master Splinter uses Corrupting Embrace (top)! Attacks Living Corpse 3(E) for 3 (1base, +0mod +2bonus) damage! Attacks Living Corpse 3(E) for 5 (1base, +1mod +2bonus, POISON) damage!
Living Corpse 3(E) is at 4 HP and is POISONED and MUDDLED!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (AtomikKrab) posted:

Pikachu discards Maul! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Living Corpse 4! Moves3 to E3. Attacks Living Corpse 4 for 10 (2base, x2mod, +3bonus) damage!
Living Corpse 4 is killed!
- Pikachu uses Disappearing Wounds (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to D2.
Pikachu executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

:gibs: Ok, who shuffled 10 Crit modifiers into the players decks? (AtomikKrab, I moved you to Loot the coin that Ash just produced, let me know if you'd rather be somewhere else!)

21. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

- Mystic Ally focuses Living Corpse 3(E)! Moves1 to F2. Attacks Living Corpse 3(E) for 6 (3base, +2'mod, POISON) damage!
Living Corpse 3(E) is killed!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Cold Fire (top)! No action taken!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Freezing Nova (bot)! Moves2 to E4.
Lina Megumin Inverse executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

This was probably the most one sided Room1 of any Scenario yet :psyduck:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Pikachu 's deck is shuffled.

Ok everything is dead, so please everyone have a chat itt and decide how many rounds you want to spend in this room before opening the new door. Once that's decided, please provide N numbers of Rounds worth of orders. As always, we will stop the action right after the door has been opened, for everyone to be able to react to what is inside.

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

My deck is basically full. obviously I won't be breaching any doors, but I can order the bear to go up northwards. I think we can afford to push things now while we have full hp and relatively full decks. Mindthief might want to take a rest to get cards back?

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 16, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Breach next turn or in two this turn or next? I can rest in the next room and I still have a decent opening salvo available.

E: fixed

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Thread will decide with the mindthief. I am fully ready to breach this turn and send forth yonder bear to mulch some face

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

My deck is basically full. obviously I won't be breaching any doors, but I can order the bear to go up northwards. I think we can afford to push things now while we have full hp and relatively full decks. Mindthief might want to take a rest to get cards back?

My thought is Cranium Overload bottom with Hostile Takeover top. Splinter moves 2 into the door and then has 3 left to position and immobilize something then activate invisibility and stamina potion to get cards based on the situation.

This also keeps Ash moving as long as Splinter doesn't end up in the door.

Old Dun Cow fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 16, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

As a general suggestion, please remember to add your initiative pick when voting for MT cards :)

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

As a general suggestion, please remember to add your initiative pick when voting for MT cards :)

Good plan. Cranium Overload, Hostile Takeover, 05

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

Good plan. Cranium Overload, Hostile Takeover, 05

concur

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Selecting Bm cards based on that selection and sending.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Round 4A

-None!

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and Hostile Takeover.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"
Pikachu (Hand7, Discarded2, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 47 with Howling Bolts and Energizing Strike.

47. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
"HOWLING BOLTS (47) [Lvl1]
TOP:  ATK1, Range4, Target3
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE5 - XP1"

"ENERGIZING STRIKE (29) [Lvl2]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4 - STRENGTHEN, Self - XP1
BOT: HEAL1, affect all Allies."
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand4, Discarded3, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 80 with Reviving Ether and Flashing Burst.
(Hand4, Discarded3, Active0, Lost1)

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

code:
"REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - CANNOT BE RECOVERED
BOT: MOVE4, Jump"

"FLASHING BURST (26) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Generate LIGHT
BOT: MOVE4"

Decaying Crypt, Round 4B

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves2 to door hex.

- Living Corpses 2(E), 1, 4 revealed!
- Living Spirits 1, 2, 3 revealed!

As a reminder, those are POISON+damage traps. They do exactly what it says on the lid, which at Scenario lvl3 means 5 Trap damage (remember that POISON only applies to attack damage, so the damage of the trap itself doesn't get boosted).

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I can't do jack this turn. Repositioning.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Splinter can either nope out of the room, or move one square in and immobilize the elite. Anything else gets her pasted I think

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Have the mind thief pop the elite and i'll position the bear up nicely for next turn. I need you out of the way so I can move the bear.

Also it is likely time to rest the mindthief.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

One fun thought that I had was to move Splinter to B2 and shoot corpse 4, then use the cloak and stamina potion to take back Cranium Overload and Into the Night. The idea being to stay invisible and blow up the ghost on I2 next turn. It's quite aggressive but...

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

My vote:

Complete move to B2, Hostile Takeover TOP to attack Living Corpse 4. Activate Cloak of Invisibility, Activate Major Stamina Potion to recover Cranium Overload, Into the Night and Frigid Apparition

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Thats fine, my plan for next round is to do some status effects and short rest to get the maul train back up and online

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Round 4B

- None!

*5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves3 to B2.
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (top)! Attacks Living Corpse 2(E) for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Corpse 2(E) is at 12 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
Master Splinter uses Major Stamina Potion. Recovers Cranium Overload, Into the Night and Frigid Apparition.
Master Splinter activates Cloak of Invisibility. Gains INVISIBLE.
ICE is now strong.

22. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 1 focuses Pikachu! Flies2 to I2.
- Living Spirit 2 focuses Pikachu! Flies1 to J2.
- Living Spirit 3 focuses Pikachu! Flies2 to K2.

47. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Living Corpse 2(E)! Moves3 to F1.
- Pikachu uses Howling Bolts (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Move 4 to C3. Gains 1XP.
- Pikachu uses Energizing Strike (top)! COMMANDS Ash to gains STRENGTHENED.

66. Living Corpses posted:

- Living Corpse 2(E) focuses Ash! Loses IMMOBILIZED.
- Living Corpse 1 focuses Ash! Moves1 to C2.
- Living Corpse 4 focuses Ash! Moves1 to F2.

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

- Mystic Ally focuses Living Corpse 4! Moves2 to F1.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Reviving Ether (bot)! Jumps4 to E2.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flashing Burst (top)! No action taken!

- ICE is now waning.

This Round was mostly positioning...next Round, though, we're going to see some sparks one way or another :gibs:

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

I had actually voted to target Corpse 4 to maximize damage from a brain explosion but it looks like everyone expected it to be the elite and based their orders on that. Might not be worth unwinding the turn.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Old Dun Cow posted:

I had actually voted to target Corpse 4 to maximize damage from a brain explosion but it looks like everyone expected it to be the elite and based their orders on that. Might not be worth unwinding the turn.

Yeah I went with a mix and match of the thread will - you provided the most accurate orders, but it looks like the general consensus was to target the Elite instead, I guess to save Ash from harm.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Don't worry. I'm going to cause a pile up next turn using the bear anyway.

Ok folks. I can unleash either.

1. A PILE OF MAULING , so many attacks, all of them in fact.

2. Big Crowd Control Shenanigans.

Which would you prefer?

1. Involves a lot of risk to the bear if the living enemies are not killed.

2. Does not and would probably set up the mindthief to explode some brains BEAUTIFULLY late this turn or early the next.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Hmmm. Is now late enough to start using losses? If so, I'm for brain splode; otherwise, maybe it's time to do high numbers of high quality stabs

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Well, I just realized I hosed my card selection during the breach and my summon will be in my way (and I'm not willing to use another loss just yet).
Great. I'll go nova after this turn is over.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 18, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Superterranean posted:

Hmmm. Is now late enough to start using losses? If so, I'm for brain splode; otherwise, maybe it's time to do high numbers of high quality stabs

If you want to explode brains, go slow so they pile up after I CC them hard.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The only card selection for Splinter this Round is from before Round 4B, so I'm not sure if I can count that in - especially cause it looks like there was some discussion on initiative itt, but none of the proposed cards would work for that.

I'll wait until we have a couple of votes for Spliter re: cards & initiative.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Cranium Overload, Into the Night, 14

The latest Splinter could go is 29 but it's not really a good card for this situation. It's less impressive of a bang than I anticipated but I still think it's important to delete one of the Spirits to keep Ash from getting peppered from afar.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Round 5A

-None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded4, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and Cranium Overload.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"
Pikachu (Hand5, Discarded4, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 17 with Disorientating Roar and Forceful Swipe.

17. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
"DISORIENTATING ROAR (17) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - MUDDLE and IMMOBILIZE - Target all enemies within Range2. - XP1
BOT: Swap the position of any two figures - LOSS"

"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand2, Discarded5, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 20 with Forked Beam and Fire Orbs.
(Hand2, Discarded5, Active0, Lost1)

20. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

code:
"FORKED BEAM (20) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK2, Range3, Target2 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4"

"FIRE ORBS (69) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, Target3 - XP1 for every enemy targeted - Generate FIRE - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So my plan is to have the bear roar, in order to create a zombie roadblock. then punt the elite into the posion trap and move away? and short rest after.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think the move happens before the push, so Ash either pushes or moves away.

Now that I think about it, I can unsummon my summon at any time, right?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Now that I think about it, I can unsummon my summon at any time, right?

A summon is considered a persistent bonus (the card is placed in the active area) until either the summon loses all its hit points, its corresponding ability card is removed from the active area, or the summoner becomes exhausted, at which point the summon is removed from the board.

Yes you can, by moving the "summoning" card to the Lost pile :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Not that it matters, I'd trade an attack 3 next turn for an attack 2 right now.

Orders in, I forgot to say to prioritize hex D3 for my movement.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Is the elite corpse being pushed through both traps? That might kill it with the basic bear attack.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Waiting for a clarification from one of our players :)

E:

Old Dun Cow posted:

Is the elite corpse being pushed through both traps? That might kill it with the basic bear attack.
Unfortunately, it's only a PUSH2, so it won't be enough to push anything through both traps.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 21, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Round 5B

- None!

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (top)! KILLs Living Spirit 1 Attacks Living Spirit 2 for 0 (2base, NULLmod, SHIELD2) damage! Attacks Living Spirit 3 for 1 (2base, STUN rolling, +1mod, SHIELD2) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Living Spirit 1 is killed!
Living Spirit 3 is at 2 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (bot)! Gains INVISIBLE.

Master Splinter, keep doing psychic ninja BS :3: Unfortunately for our MT, the extra Attacks from Cranium Overload are considered Ranged, so no +2 bonus from The Mind's Weakness. Otoh, that was an Attack as good as any to draw a NULL. And if I am not mistaken, we just drew our first Rolling Modifier (identified by the white on green arrow symbol):

when we do so, we immediately draw another modifier and apply both. This can sometime lead to EXTRA FUN TIMES, especially if you have a bunch of rolling modifiers in your deck and you draw a NULL or a CURSE at the end of the string!

17. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Living Corpse 2(E)! Moves1 to D2. Attacks Living Corpse 2(E) with ADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, +1/+0mod) damage!
- Pikachu uses Disorientating Roar (top)! COMMANDS Ash to MUDDLE and IMMOBILIZE each enemy within Range2! Gains 1XP.
Living Corpse 2(E) is at 9 HP and is MUDDLED and IMMOBILIZED!
Living Corpse 1 is at 10 HP and is MUDDLED and IMMOBILIZED!
Living Corpse 4 is at 10 HP and is MUDDLED and IMMOBILIZED!
- Pikachu uses Forceful Swipe (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Move 1 to E3. COMMANDS Ash to PUSH2 Living Corpse 4 to H1 through G2. Trap sprung in H1! Living Corpse 4 suffers 5 Trap damage and is POISONED! Gains 1XP.
Living Corpse 4 is at 5 HP and is POISONED, MUDDLED and IMMOBILIZED!
- Pikachu executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Disappearing Wounds.

That's...that's a lot of conditions on those zombies. In case there are doubts, actions on a card can only be executed in a sequence from top to bottom; part of an action can be skipped, but it's not possible to IE: execute the action in the middle line of a card and THEN the one on the first line.

20. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

- Mystic Ally focuses Living Corpse 2(E)! Moves2 to door hex.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Forked Beam (bot)! Moves4 to B3.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Fire Orbs (top)! No action taken!
- Lina Megumin Inverseexecutes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, losesFreezing Nova

Just realized I had removed the STUNNED token by mistake on Living Spirit 3...it's now back where it was supposed to be.

55. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 2 focuses Ash! Flies3 to F2. CURSES Ash, Lina Megumin Inverse and her Mystic Ally!
- Living Spirit 3 focuses Ash! Loses STUNNED token.
ICE is now strong.

:eng101: A quirk in the AI: If enemies don't have an Attack, they focus and move as if they had a melee attack. This activation card doesn't have the "Attack" keyword, so it's not an Attack - even if there is a "Range" keyword. This means that the Living Spirit will not try to prevent DISADVANTAGE by not moving next to Ash. If this card had an additional "ATK1" to the effect, Lina would be safe, as the Spirit would have moved to hex G2 instead.
:eng101: If a Summon gets Cursed, the CURSE card goes into its master's deck.
:eng101: Our SW has now 5 CURSE cards in her deck (out of 22 remaining)! Silver Lining: there are only 10 Player Curse (and 10 Monster Curse) cards in the box, so our players could be Cursed 4 more times total right now. If it wasn't for some poor Spirit's Cranium exploding, stunning another one, we would have probably definitely used them all :v:
:eng101: Also in case there were doubts, when a character is cursed, the CURSE card is shuffled into that character's remaining deck.

71. Living Corpses posted:

- Living Corpse 2(E) focuses Ash! Loses IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED tokens.
- Living Corpse 1 focuses Ash! Loses IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED tokens.
- Living Corpse 4 focuses Ash! Loses IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED tokens.

- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled.
- ICE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

We get some do some CC on the zombies while I work up the maul train once more?

Actually by preference if the mindthief can arrange some death to the spirit in the bears way and the spellweaver can lock down at least the elite, I can ensure one corpse dies and damage to the elite corpse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If Splinter doesn't need the ice I have Cc, yes.