Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Superterranean posted:

FC almost destroyed my playgroup's desire to play GH. Marcel is not a good designer.
He really really likes puzzles, but most of his maps are either too into the gimmick to be fun to play for 1-2h or too reliant on doing an exact sequence of moves that you can't really know in advance the first time you play through a Scenario. Some of the worst offenders are not even worth a replay if you grab the Treasure Chest that's the real reward. Looking at you, Scenario 67 :argh:

Reik posted:

Zulily Zoetrope referred to it as "The Torch Thieves" on page 2 and everyone went with that. I was just happy someone liked it, though.
Ah, that's right. I've seen your post and I've quickly Ctrl+F the word "Thieves" and was unable to find it on page 1 and, again, it's been a long time ago.

Two years ago in a month :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I may have sent the PM that was supposed to be addressed to SalTheBard to...no one, according to my "Sent Items" list :v: Guess there was an issue with the spelling in the Recipient field, or the forum ate the PM. I've sent it again today, sorry everyone for the delay!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

That Italian Guy posted:

He really really likes puzzles, but most of his maps are either too into the gimmick to be fun to play for 1-2h or too reliant on doing an exact sequence of moves that you can't really know in advance the first time you play through a Scenario. Some of the worst offenders are not even worth a replay if you grab the Treasure Chest that's the real reward. Looking at you, Scenario 67 :argh:
67 was Rob Daviau but Marcel does have that problem in general.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's your friendly neighborhood Bard here. I submitted my stuff to TIG just now. I apologize for delay!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Deep Ruins, Round 1A

Hand Selection posted:

- Master Splinter: removes Gnawing Horde; adds Frigid Apparition.
- Lina Megumin Inverse: removes Ride the Wind; adds Flashing Burst.
- Boris: removes Vital Charge, Crippling Noose, Frightening Curse and Foot Snare; adds Fresh Kill, Expose, Press the Attack and Flight of Flame.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there."""

Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and The Mind's Weakness.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Boris (Hand12, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 9 with Race to the Grave and Fresh Kill.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Reik) posted:

code:
"RACE TO THE GRAVE (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK5, Range 5 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card."

"FRESH KILL (65) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is undamaged.
BOT: MOVE3, Jump"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 80 with Reviving Ether and Forked Beam.
(Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0)

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - CANNOT BE RECOVERED
BOT: MOVE4, Jump"

"FORKED BEAM (20) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK2, Range3, Target2 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Splinter is definitely going to Mind's Weakness top, to get the buff in play. Question is, does she Hypnotoad the golem, Cannon6, or nobody? If nobody, does she move to C6 to only keep focus from Cannon6, or to C4 (or C5) to take the hit from Cannon6 and the golem?

Frankly I'm not certain it's all that terrible for Boris to be Immobilized for a turn, he was probably going to stand around and Doom something anyway. and 2 hits puts Splinter in a slightly uncomfortable place, HP-wise.

so...maybe Hypnotoad Cannon6, play the buff and waste its attack (but get the buff, yay), and let Boris get pulled by the golem?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'd stun the golem. Being immobilized sucks and having disadvantage on the golem would suck, although I guess he could shoot at a cannon next turn.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If I (Boris) get pulled by the golem then artillery 4's attack will only hit me, so instead of the party getting hit for 9 attack this round it will only be 7. Although if we get hit for 9 it will be much more spread out, each of us taking an attack 3.

EDIT: If Splinter stands still, will she get focus from artillery 4 because it can reach her using the AoE template even if she's 5 hexes away? If so, stunning the golem is probably the best option since the party would only get hit for 6?

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 12, 2020

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I would stun the golem. Unless Boris is able to go invisible, he'd be stuck next to an angry golem next round after having taken 2 attacks already. If we stun the golem, we can also immobilize it next round so it won't be able to attack again.

Reik to answer your question, the first focus tiebreaker is distance to the target, and since Boris is closest to Artillery #4, he'll be the one attacked.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

EDIT: If Splinter stands still, will she get focus from artillery 4 because it can reach her using the AoE template even if she's 5 hexes away? If so, stunning the golem is probably the best option since the party would only get hit for 6?

No, Focus is first calculated based on distance, initiative only comes into account if the two potential foci are at the same distance from the attacker :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My goal is to attack 2 targets, then move to generate elements for next round.

EDIT: I also have never ever played a Spellweaver before so if I'm doing dumb stuff please tell me.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

My goal is to attack 2 targets, then move to generate elements for next round.

EDIT: I also have never ever played a Spellweaver before so if I'm doing dumb stuff please tell me.

Don't forget to lean on Splinter for Ice generation - like, this turn, she's making Ice. With a little notice, she can choose cards to have ice ready for you basically whenever you want it.

ok, I'm convinced that stunning the golem is the right play. Splinter should stand still, stun the golem, and stand still to buff.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Superterranean posted:

ok, I'm convinced that stunning the golem is the right play. Splinter should stand still, stun the golem, and stand still to buff.

:agreed:
Stun that golem.

SalTheBard posted:

Find a quiet moment to summon your summon. It's range 3 and your modifier deck is really good now, so it's going to do a lot of work during the scenario.

Apart from that, Spellweaver seemed to me fairly straightforward. Deal damage, Splinter is ice on demand if needed, you've got a single shot of gently caress shield enemies from your bow. Keep it to excorsise some spirits.

Shall we ignore this golemand go forward yes/no? On one hand, it's in the way and it'd get two free attacks by the time we pass it into next room.
On the other it's 17 HP shield 3.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I think between the bleed Doom and a few strong attacks, it'll fall pretty fast.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm thinking next round I could use the Ice and Fire for Cold Fire which might be fun.

EDIT:

To clarify when a card has an "elemental pinwheel" does that mean you get to choose what element it creates?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 12, 2020

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

I'm thinking next round I could use the Ice and Fire for Cold Fire which might be fun.

EDIT:

To clarify when a card has an "elemental pinwheel" does that mean you get to choose what element it creates?

Yes

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

EDIT:

Yeah, you get to choose. The ice part of Cold Fire is definitely the more important part, but you've got sources of fire so it's not hard to line them up with Splinter for a fully elemental'd Cold Fire.

As far as the Shield Golem goes, I can wait to set up my persistent buff until the second room and use the doom on that to make it much easier to bring down if we want to go that route.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

As a reminder, you can't consume elements the same Turn you create them (or: you can't use one card - including Mana Potion - and then consume the elements created with that card immediately) since the elements are only created at the END of your Turn.

You can of course use elements someone else's created if they act before you in the Round!

Also, if the elemental pinwheel has a red cross on it (like the one on Mana Bolt top), it means "consume any element" instead of "create any element" :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Deep Ruins, Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Stone Golem 6(E) for 0 (1base, +2ICEmod, SHIELD3) damage! Gains 1XP.
Stone Golem 6(E) is at 17 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Augment - Persistent Bonus: On your melee attacks add +2ATK (discard when another augment is played). Gains 1XP.
ICE is now strong.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Reik) posted:

- Boris uses Race to the Grave (bot)! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Fresh Kill (top)! Attacks Ancient Artillery 4 for 5 (2base, +1mod, +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ancient Artillery 4 is at 4 HP and is DOOMED!

The Doomstalker cub places his very first Doom :3:

28. Stone Golems posted:

Stone Golem 6(E) loses STUNNED token!

37. Living Artillery posted:

Ancient Artillery 4 suffers 2 Doom damage!
Ancient Artillery 2 is at 4 HP and is DOOMED!
- Ancient Artillery 4 focuses Boris! Attacks Boris for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage.
Boris is at 9 HP.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 8 HP.
- Ancient Artillery 6 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 1 (3base, -2mod) damage.
Master Splinter is at 11 HP.

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Reviving Ether (bot)! Jumps1 to D4.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Forked Beam (top)! Attacks Ancient Artillery 4 for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage! Attacks Ancient Artillery 6 for 4 (2base, +2ICEmod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ancient Artillery 4 is killed! Doom discarded.

Hey SalTheBard I didn't get a PM so I've tried to follow your instructions itt instead, but I didn't know where to move you precisely. You were the last one acting so you can move somewhere else if you prefer; I'd made you attack both Artilleries, even if n.4 was dead to Doom next Round, so that Boris will be able to play another Doom if they want. Also you mentioned something about creating elements and using Cold Fire next Round...do you want to use your Minor Stamina potion to create Fire?

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- ICE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Plans? Splinter could stun somebody and still leave Ice for Lina if she needs it.

E: We can decide where the stun should go after the enemy action reveal

E2: for a more long term discussion, I assume we'll be going as a group towards one of the ends with the plates then Splinter turns around when the situation is under control and cheeses the other end with her sprinting prowess?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 13, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Does this card have an upgrade or something that allows for element generation while moving or am I misunderstanding what I'm looking at here?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 13, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

SalTheBard posted:

Does this card have an upgrade or something that allows for element generation while moving or am I misunderstanding what I'm looking at here?

That's an enhancement we didn't get.
Baseline the bottom is move 4+ jump, on that photo they added generate any element.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh...ok! Nevermind then :-D

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm going to debuff the shield golem so they're easier to bring down and start putting some damage on them, if y'all don't mind taking care of the last artillery.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Reik posted:

I'm going to debuff the shield golem so they're easier to bring down and start putting some damage on them, if y'all don't mind taking care of the last artillery.

Can do.
10, Dark Frenzy, Frigid Apparition
Plan: move to C5 or C4, use the ranged attack on a target and atk + stun on the other target.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Omobono posted:

Can do.
Plan: move to C5 or C4, use the ranged attack on a target and atk + stun on the other target.

Concur!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going to summon and do damage so I won't be moving this round

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to summon and do damage so I won't be moving this round

Splinter needs to consume the current Ice element to get the stun off on the Golem, but they're going to generate Ice again on their turn that you can use, so if your attack needs to consume or benefits from consuming an element it would be cool if you could do it after Splinter goes.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

If you prefer a visual representation to the Spellweaver tab in the sheet, here's a list of the cards in your hand, including Enhancements:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 13, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thank you. That is what I get for not double checking things!!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Omobono posted:

Can do.

That looks good

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Does the Mindthief mind if I use the Ice next round? It's been awhile since I played so I can't remember if it will even be available next round or not.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Does the Mindthief mind if I use the Ice next round? It's been awhile since I played so I can't remember if it will even be available next round or not.

That's fine!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Elements stay active:
- from the end of the Turn of the character who has generated them;
- to the end of the next full Round.
Unless someone uses them first :)

They become "waning" at the end of the Round they are being generated and "inert" at the end of the following Round.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

SalTheBard posted:

Mindthief is acting very very fast at ratspeed*, eating the ice and then making it again.
As long as Splinter acts before Megumin she'll have some freshly shaved ice to play with.

*mindthief does not go merely fast.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going to stun the golem this round, so probably won't effect this round too much (since I'll go slow) but should give MT and Doom some free shots next round.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Deep Ruins, Round 2A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there."""

Boris (Hand10, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Press the Attack and Expose.

10. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Reik) posted:

code:
"PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2."

"EXPOSE (13) [Lvl2]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: You gain Advantage on one attack each turn targeting a Doomed enemy - All enemies lose INVISIBLE and may no longer gain INVISIBLE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - You and all allies gain PIERCE2 on all your attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card."
Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Dark Frenzy and Frigid Apparition.

10. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"DARK FRENZY (10) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK2 - Consume ICE, +2ATK, XP1 - Consume DARK, +2ATK, XP1
BOT: MOVE3 - ATK3, Range3 - Generate ICE - XP1"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand6, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 67 with Cold Fire and Aid from the Ether.
(Hand6, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0)

67. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"

"AID FROM THE ETHER (91) [LvlX]
TOP: HEAL3, Range3
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Summon Mystic Ally (HP2, MOVE2, ATK3, Range(3)) - XP2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm consuming I've to stun the golem so we will hopefully avoid that damage.

Also dumb question, but all 4 pressure plates need to be occupied to win, but how do we do that with only 3 people?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 14, 2020

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SalTheBard posted:

Also dumb question, but all 4 pressure plates need to be occupied to win, but how do we do that with only 3 people?

Things will become clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Things will become clear.

more specifically, the top plate in the bottom room doesn't exist, for 3 people :v:

I'm a little confused about Splinter's turn here. She wants to consume ice to stun, but that means moving next to something first - and if she moves first, that generates ice which she then can't use, doesn't it?