Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amnistar posted:

You think that either I or Cpig is scum.
Twon has 2 lunches left until lylo with a 3 person scum team.

you're content to not cuddle one of the two people youre *positive* one of is scum.

You're scum, leading a mislunch today, and gearing up to push me/cpig as the thunderdome tommorrow to win the game.

This is a good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

you're content to not cuddle one of the two people youre *positive* one of is scum.

You're scum, leading a mislunch today, and gearing up to push me/cpig as the thunderdome tommorrow to win the game.

And if I told you that I don't see how Cpig puts a flashlight on Ernie's history of defending him while being scum and therefore if it is a choice between him and you, I'm voting you?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Especially for people who know how much I hate no lunches and will vote for myself to prevent a no lunch.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'd be happy with voting yuming or leith today.

Mayybe hal.

off in a distant runner up position is tokes who hasn't REALLY been doing anything openly scummy but who I have a weird feeling in my gut about.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Leith Maclaine posted:

And if I told you that I don't see how Cpig puts a flashlight on Ernie's history of defending him while being scum and therefore if it is a choice between him and you, I'm voting you?

You voted *Hal*

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

You voted *Hal*

Yes, because I have suspected Hal for awhile but Hal is drat hard to read and I am not sure. I do want some level of confidence and faith on my vote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Which...this defense is baffeling because it's not consistent with your first defense, which was "I'm more sure of Hal than I am of you/Cpig"

Now it's "I don't think it's cpig, it's you."

But you're voting for Miku, and prior to that were voting hal.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Amnistar posted:

Yeah, for someone pulling that dichotomy, he seems resistant to actually follow-through with it.

I also don't like his unvote and justification. Ernie mentioning Hal once means that Hal is town. But Ernie doesn't mention Leith at all. From going over Lieth's post history I know that Lieth didn't talk about Ernie until Ernie likely had already requested a replacement.

I think this is Lieth telling us how Lieth plays scum, not wanting to talk about scum teammate like Ernie. ##vote Lieth

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

And I'm betting Miku is the other scum, and I feel bad for Leith being put in that situation.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

Which...this defense is baffeling because it's not consistent with your first defense, which was "I'm more sure of Hal than I am of you/Cpig"

Now it's "I don't think it's cpig, it's you."

But you're voting for Miku, and prior to that were voting hal.

Yep, I want better than a coin flip right now. If you want to lunch me for that effort, go ahead.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Yep, I want better than a coin flip right now. If you want to lunch me for that effort, go ahead.
You'd rather leave a coin flip for tommorrow, when if you're wrong about hal, it costs us the game.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Amnistar posted:

And I'm betting Miku is the other scum, and I feel bad for Leith being put in that situation.

Having two scum modkilled, would be kind of a bummer honestly. Where's the fun in that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Except you jumped from hal to miku on flimsy evidence....

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

You'd rather leave a coin flip for tommorrow, when if you're wrong about hal, it costs us the game.

When we know there are spices that give information and may make the coin flip not be a coin flip tomorrow, yes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

Except you jumped from hal to miku on flimsy evidence....

Yep, because Ernie did cast a little shade on Hal, which in my mind means I lean town against him because of that. I realized that in the re-read of Ernie.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I feel best about Hal. I would vote Mikujin and Cpig over Leith.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Leith Maclaine posted:

When we know there are spices that give information and may make the coin flip not be a coin flip tomorrow, yes.

This isn't great logic to rely on though.

While the points are the central mechanic we can't rely on them to make our decisions.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

CapitalistPig posted:

This isn't great logic to rely on though.

While the points are the central mechanic we can't rely on them to make our decisions.

I'm not thrilled with the situation, but right now we are 15 minutes from deadline and there has not been a lot on interaction until I voted.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Well I doubt there's going to be any miraculous changes in the next 10 minutes.

##vote leith

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I think you are right. I will self vote to avoid the no lunch.

Any final questions for me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ho hum ##vote Leith

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

:redhammer:

Go Town

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Leith Maclaine (4): Amnistar, Token Female, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (1): yuming, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
Mikujin (1): Leith Maclaine
Token Female (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): Mikujin

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 11th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 minutes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Leith Maclaine Town-aligned Fork Tender Brisket has been pushed off of the Buffet D3.

Please get all night actions in within 24 hours.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

BTW: I recently took a class online that improves my reciepe. It says good at 175 for the second part but it probably should actually be 200. I just got a new oven which held low temps much better than my previous one.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Leith Maclaine's Fork Tender Brisket

One untrimmed ("packer trimmed," thick layer of fat on one side) beef brisket, 11-15 pounds (thawed). Appx 4 oz. coarse garlic salt. Utensils needed: Roasting pan with rack to hold beef off bottom of pan. Tight-fitting lid or extra-heavy aluminum foil. Directions: Cover all sides of brisket with garlic salt, as much as will stick. Put brisket on rack in roasting pan, fat side up. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven appx. 1/2 hour (to kill or force surface bacteria into dormancy) Add appx. 1/4" or 3/8" water to pan, cover roast VERY tightly with foil or lid. Reduce oven temperature to 175 200 degrees and roast brisket 12 to 14 hours. During that time, do not baste it, or look at it, or disturb it in any way. After roasting, pour off the 3-4 quarts of juice from bottom of pan, allow grease to rise to top, and discard the grease. Strain fragments from remaining broth, use broth as gravy or soup base. Allow roast to "set up" 10-15 minutes before attempting to slice it. Otherwise, it might be too tender to make slices, and just fall apart at the touch of the knife. Very sharp slicing knife recommended

Leith Maclaine's Fork Tender Brisket is worth 30 points.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mikujin Town-Aligned Bierock (meat buns) has been Modkilled D3.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mikujin's Bierock (meat buns)

~The Bun~
You an use any conventional yeast-based bread or bun dough recipe here that you are fond of. Here's a quick one I have committed to memory; you can also use it for regular buns but they'll be on the denser, spongier side (AKA great for warming and slathering in butter).

- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt

1. Mix your warm water, yeast, and sugar in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so for the yeast to activate.
2. While your yeast is getting ready, mix your flour and salt together in another bowl.
3. Add flour to your yeast mixture. I like to start with half and add about 1/2-3/4 cup at a time after that. Mix well as you go. Once your dough stops being tacky and starts pulling away cleanly from the bowl you are ready to knead.
4. KNEAD THE CRAP OUTTA YOUR DOUGH. If you are a cool cat, you're doing this by hand. It's a great bit of fun. Regardless of how you do it, don't overwork your dough. It should stretch, not tear.
5. Transfer your dough ball to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover your bowl of dough with a warm moistened towel or cloth, and sit somewhere where it can keep just slightly-warmer-that-room-temp for about an hour to proof.
6. [AFTER PROOFING] Punch that sucker in it's big fluffy top to deflate it, work it just a bit to confirm it's ready for action (should be malleable without being sticky/tacky).
~The Filling~
This is where you get to make your tasty filling. Traditionally, a bierock filling is based on three key ingredients: ground meat, onions, and cabbage. You can flex how you want here, from fancier meats, to saucier fillings, and even adding cheese (10/10 do recommend). Below is the recipe I use, scaling up or down as needed, and should match a single batch of the above dough reasonably well:

- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tbsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 medium-sized whole yellow onion, sliced
- 1 quarter a small head of green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth (can substitute your own homemade odds and ends broth, if you're a champ, or veggie broth, or whatever)
- 1/4 cup(ish) flour
- 1/4 cup your favorite ketchup or sweet tomato sauce
- Your favorite cheese, optionally
- your favorite cooking oil

1. Brown your beef, adding the seasonings listed. I recommend cooking the beef just slightly-underdone, since we'll be baking it later to finish. Drain, and set aside.
2. Toss your onions in the pan, and let them sweat a bit.
3. Once the onions are suitably nervous, add your chopped cabbage. As your onions start to caramelize a bit, and your cabbage is reasonably soft, add flour to directly to the pan to form a roux with your veggies.
4. While your onions/cabbage are getting ready above, mix your brother and ketchup/sauce together. Then, add them to our roux.
5. Let your tasty mixture reduce and thicken. You are aiming for a very thick mixture that isn't super saucy. If it's runny/wet, keep reducing. You may need to add additional flour.
6. Add your hearty sauce mix to your beef, and mix well. I recommend tossing this into the fridge (or an ice bath) to cool down so you can work with it easier in assembly.
~Assembly~

This is the easy part where you put all your tasty things together. I like to weigh and measure all my poo poo out, so what I list is a recommendation. You can make your bierock as big or small as you'd like.

PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 425.

1. Pinch off dough in 2.5 oz chunks. Roll it into a ball shape, and then flatten it out night and thin. You can use your hand or tools to help (if you're not up to the challenge). You'll have a nice disc-shape.
2. Add 2.5 tablespoons of filling to the center of your bun. Pull edges over-the-top and pinch closed. Rinse and repeat until you have none left. NOTE: If you want to add cheese to your tasty buns, here's where you do. Make sure it's grated, and shape your filling into a ball, roll that ball in cheese.
3. Place each bierock on a lightly greased pan/cooking sheet/parchment/whatever. Make sure they are spaced about an inch apart; your dough won't expand as much as normal, but you still don't want them to mix.
4. Pierce the top of each bun, or cut a cross in it, or something to this effect. Your filling will give of steam and if you don't make a place for it to get it, it will find its own way out. Your buns will still be tasty as gently caress, but they won't be pretty.
5. Bake for 30 minutes on the center rack, until the tops of the buns are starting to get a touch browned.
6. Let stand to cool. Store in the fridge, or freeze and use later. If doing the latter, these bad boys will thaw to a ready-to-eat state in the fridge in about 4-5 hours.

Mikujin's Bierock (meat buns) are worth 30 points.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Capitalist Pig Town-Aligned Black Beans and Yellow Rice has been killed N3.

Hal Incandenza Town-Aligned Red Curry Soup has been endgamed.
Amnistar Town-Aligned Chicken Pucks has been endgamed.

yuming Scum-Aligned Turkey Sweet Potato Chili has won the game.
Token Female Scum-Aligned Raspberry Cookies has won the game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Recipe Doc
Mod Doc

Thanks for playing!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
booooooooooo

Thanks for the game Grandi!

Told you yuming was scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
That post about you mentioning Ernie was a mistake but, yay. :sun:

Parasite is a good movie!

I am going to have to make more of the recipes!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Thanks for the game, sorry for my low activity this game. Mistake will not be repeated in the future.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Scum had a double vote they were waiting on deploying too, so even without the Miku Mod Kill they would have won.

Also, I knew it would happen, but town could not hold on to points to save their lives, as soon as people had enough points for a thing, they purchased it.

But I had a hugely fun time cooking and running this, I think I'm going to make some version of Xopod's meatballs for dinner tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

Also, I knew it would happen, but town could not hold on to points to save their lives, as soon as people had enough points for a thing, they purchased it.

So what did the spices do since it isn't listed anywhere in any of the discord channels

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
nevermind i missed your doc post

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Thanks for the game! I knew I wanted to save up for one of the big ones.

I want to make Ernie's cupcakes but I still need to get the ingredients.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, xopods hit the full scum team d1, but got derailed as is often the case.

And CPig, thank you so much for blocking Amni. If you hadn't the scum kill would have hit you and I would have had to modkill merk too.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I was dancing around gut feelings on tokes the whole game, but I had actually talked myself out of yuming being scum in my confessional during this last night so we probably would have ended up apathy lunching hal the next day anyway regardless of the double vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't like being scum, but this was a fun game with the cooking added in!

The hardest part for me was using the vigkill with CPig and steak posting because they were both right and I was trying to stay cool. :sparkles:

I was like "when would town me kill steak, aaa I don't know I am just going to wait and think about it."