Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tzen posted:

lmao this article is gold

you fools, loving go get your slut juice jabs, you absolute morons

The funniest part is the smoking thing is never a lie unless you're a 16 year old mormon, because you would have been exposed to second hand smoke somewhere and by God that's enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

KidDynamite posted:

https://bidetking.com

enjoy friends. I'm getting a toto one delivered and installed in the new house I'm moving in to next month. perfect timing.

the toto ones are super nice looking, and I'm a total slut for modern design, but does your new home have an outlet right behind the toilet?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I just got the first dose of Pfizer and the pharmacist was lamenting how there were dozens of cancellations and he had thirty vials that were expiring in a day or two that haven't been touched yet, but when people cancel over the phone, it doesn't update on the website (which is how most people check for availability)

gently caress WaPo and gently caress anyone whining about nonexistent "line jumping", call your local grocers/walmarts/pharmacies and see if they have any slots, the loving PHARMACIST HIMSELF said "we have to prioritize phase 1b but if we have no more appointments, stick whoever shows up", so line jumping isn't even a thing! The pharmacists are literally BEGGING people to come get it!

It pisses me off how this country is managing the vaccine rollout and moreso the pmc lib scolds preventing shots going into arms asap

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

fosborb posted:

that sounds like something I posted yeah

Oh I'll just check your post history in this thread then.

"Page 1 of 99"

Nah never mind.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SpaceCadetBob posted:

if i had a friend who figured out how to jump the line in CT id be buying them gifts till they told me how they did it.

CT feels locked down like a safe.

I posted this yesterday, but you might be able to get through in CT by claiming to be an educator. Two friends (who are both educators) signed up through the regular state portal and got their jabs at Walgreens because they missed their district clinics. They never had to provide credentials at any step of the process.

No guarantees and you probably need to get an appointment with Walgreens for this to work. My girlfriend went to one of the sites set up specifically for educators (not a district clinic, though) and they checked her school ID and cross-referenced it against some kind of state database, so, yeah.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yours for only 6000 dollars

quote:

from ambient colored lighting to wireless Bluetooth®* music sync capability to the heated seat and foot warmer. Play your favorite music and podcasts - simply stream wirelessly with any device enabled with Bluetooth technology, [store MP3 files to the SD card, or plug in your device using the auxiliary cable. Other upgrades include Power-Save mode for energy efficiency, emergency flush for power outages, and an intuitive K-7421 touch-screen remote (included).

:wtc:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Justin Tyme posted:

I just got the first dose of Pfizer and the pharmacist was lamenting how there were dozens of cancellations and he had thirty vials that were expiring in a day or two that haven't been touched yet, but when people cancel over the phone, it doesn't update on the website (which is how most people check for availability)

gently caress WaPo and gently caress anyone whining about nonexistent "line jumping", call your local grocers/walmarts/pharmacies and see if they have any slots, the loving PHARMACIST HIMSELF said "we have to prioritize phase 1b but if we have no more appointments, stick whoever shows up", so line jumping isn't even a thing! The pharmacists are literally BEGGING people to come get it!

It pisses me off how this country is managing the vaccine rollout and moreso the pmc lib scolds preventing shots going into arms asap

Yes, absolutely people should be calling the pharmacists directly. Call the store and ask to be put through to the pharmacy. This is how my parents got it in a purple area.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Tzen posted:

I get being mad if somebody pretended to work in health care, or to be a teacher, or something like that to get in early when almost no one had a vaccine or to take from an allocation specifically given to a certain group with only a certain number of doses available for them and it's all gone when they are used up. It isn't like there aren't any situations where I would judge someone for line jumping.

But just lol at living in America in 2021 and giving a gently caress if someone exaggerated their BMI or said they were a smoker to get a jab when the government had completely abdicated their responsibility and every single individual is on their own.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

This is the main reason it's a dick move to schedule multiple appointments to try and maximize the one that ends up being the most convenient for you. That actually impacts getting jabs in to arms and is just being selfish and boomerlike.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
god the sad bewilderment epidemiologists from non-failed states must feel if they ever read american posts that are like, what? you want us to turn off power and water for a month to stop covid?!

same energy as that Australian news segment about Appalachian covid that was posted the other day

speaking of

https://twitter.com/DrZoeHyde/status/1375086152412131336?s=19

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

McCracAttack posted:

Oh I'll just check your post history in this thread then.

"Page 1 of 99"

Nah never mind.

rude

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Tzen posted:

lol liberalism is a disease

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Thoguh posted:

This is the main reason it's a dick move to schedule multiple appointments to try and maximize the one that ends up being the most convenient for you. That actually impacts getting jabs in to arms and is just being selfish and boomerlike.

Lmao funny you mention it I heard a boomer cancelling an appointment directly after getting it after me

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Thoguh posted:

I think it's the opposite - people were driving 5 hours to get Jab 1 at Walgreens in Bumfuck, Nowhere, and now weeks later the Walgreens a mile from their house is fully stocked so they're getting Jab 2 closer to home

Point of the story - Bumfuck, Nowhere still has ample vaccines

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Tzen posted:

If you honestly think this is a life or death moment, you owe it to yourself and your family to do what it takes to survive.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

I get being mad if somebody pretended to work in health care, or to be a teacher, or something like that to get in early when almost no one had a vaccine or to take from an allocation specifically given to a certain group with only a certain number of doses available for them and it's all gone when they are used up. It isn't like there aren't any situations where I would judge someone for line jumping.

But just lol at living in America in 2021 and giving a gently caress if someone exaggerated their BMI or said they were a smoker to get a jab when the government had completely abdicated their responsibility and every single individual is on their own.

The gates opened in late January when that ultra fit soulcycle lady got an appointment by saying she was a teacher, bragged about it on social media, cuomo got asked about it, and nothing happened to her. January!!

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Nothus posted:

If you honestly think this is a life or death moment, you owe it to yourself and your family to do what it takes to survive.

And not be a scold? Not worth it.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

If you live in the US you shouldn't feel guilty about line jumping for any reason.

The bottom line is that you can't really lie your way into a situation where you get a dose that's allocated for some other specific person. The organizations that receive specific allocations for their employees have actual checks before they dole out appointments. It's all either handled directly through an employer or with secure portals that you don't have access to.

If you can get a dose, you're just taking it from the general supply that's available to your state and it doesn't matter what reason you give for qualifying.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

fosborb posted:

lol get better friends

gently caress off wapo

not even one day after cutting in line, wapo runs a shaming article using a picture of the vax site i went to lmao :sickos:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thoguh posted:

seriously. if this was happening in december and january i would understand the outrage and bafflment. but not loving now, not in loving march when everything has just been sitting there unused

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
protestant brain

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

fosborb posted:

god the sad bewilderment epidemiologists from non-failed states must feel if they ever read american posts that are like, what? you want us to turn off power and water for a month to stop covid?!

same energy as that Australian news segment about Appalachian covid that was posted the other day

speaking of

https://twitter.com/DrZoeHyde/status/1375086152412131336?s=19

It is literally 1918 flu just 100 years later and we’ve learned nothing except WFH and modern medicine didn’t let us hit astronomical death counts.

Winter surge, more deadly variant, what??? Mask, WHAT???

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

It’s a heroic amount of posting.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Paradoxish posted:

If you live in the US you shouldn't feel guilty about line jumping for any reason.

The bottom line is that you can't really lie your way into a situation where you get a dose that's allocated for some other specific person. The organizations that receive specific allocations for their employees have actual checks before they dole out appointments. It's all either handled directly through an employer or with secure portals that you don't have access to.

If you can get a dose, you're just taking it from the general supply that's available to your state and it doesn't matter what reason you give for qualifying.

Teachers here were handled in a way where lying was absolutely taking doses out of arms

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fasdar posted:

Whoever is in the Cincinnati Area - https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/screening is showing slots open up in Springdale. Just click that you are 40 and then schedule your appointment after the 29th if you are afraid of rules.

15 slots open as of 30 minutes ago.

This thing is just giving me a list of pharmacies, not open appointments

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

SchnorkIes posted:

Teachers here were handled in a way where lying was absolutely taking doses out of arms

How? Were you running educator-specific clinics without any kind of ID check?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

not even one day after cutting in line, wapo runs a shaming article using a picture of the vax site i went to lmao :sickos:
lmao :perfect:

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Paradoxish posted:

How? Were you running educator-specific clinics without any kind of ID check?

Yeah they were given reserved dates but no extra checks basically

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Paradoxish posted:

yah that's how it was being done in my org when i got pfizer. back in january they had all those articles about not enough people getting the vaccine and i guess actual frontline staff must've not been taking it or something.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

SchnorkIes posted:

Beggars belief the govt wouldn't just allocate doses to schools directly instead of politely asking teachers to figure it out on their own time, even major mfg companies are buying doses to do this

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
lol that biden's vaccination plan amounted to "gently caress it, do whatever, good luck"

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Now that Texas is open 100% nothing has changed at the local hvac company I work at. Coworkers continue to not wear masks, customers continue to not wear masks. Everyone just stopped pretending to give a poo poo. I've got a honeywell 7700 I wear most of the day, despite the stares and comments it gives me some peace of mind, though I can't seem to get the crown straps to stay in place comfortably so my nose bridge has developed a painful red spot where the mask rests. poo poo sucks :(

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Tzen posted:

I love how many of the accounts in that story are friends trying to get the story teller a vaccination too but the person is like "is this the sort of person I want to be friends with?!?!".

they are literally going out of their way to try and save your life. gently caress yes that's exactly the sort of person you want as a friend!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

I love how many of the accounts in that story are friends trying to get the story teller a vaccination too but the person is like "is this the sort of person I want to be friends with?!?!".

they are literally going out of their way to try and save your life. gently caress yes that's exactly the sort of person you want as a friend!

come with me if you want to live, says my friend. its not my turn to live, i say, as i turn around and walk away.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

Iron Crowned posted:

This thing is just giving me a list of pharmacies, not open appointments

Use 45224 as a zip code. The top result should be the Springdale Health Dept. 1 left as of just now.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Tzen posted:

lol asking search engines to show you exactly what you want to see in order to validate your ridiculous opinions

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pigz posted:

lol asking search engines to show you exactly what you want to see in order to validate your ridiculous opinions

"Computer, help me destroy my friendship."

"Downloading Facebook"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Guarantee if you call vs look online you'll get an appointment likely same-day, especially for big box/grocery stores

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Iron Crowned posted:

My Easter plans are that my roommate is insisting that I watch The Passion of the Christ with her :(

I guess that's fair since I made her watch Mandy a while back.

You and your roommate are more solid than most marriages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Delta-Wye posted:

come with me if you want to live, says my friend. its not my turn to live, i say, as i turn around and walk away.

"I rammed my way through the roadblock to get to you! grab any guzzoline you can carry and get in the war rig!"

"excuse me is that an expired registration sticker I see? nice try Mad Marx."