Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

oldpainless posted:

Wait, is Test still dead?

test is still dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Wait, is Test still dead?

According to the last update from the authority on these matters:

https://twitter.com/IsTestStillDead/status/1332645824837283840
Yeah, still dead.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hoss Corncave posted:

According to the last update from the authority on these matters:

https://twitter.com/IsTestStillDead/status/1332645824837283840
Yeah, still dead.

That was 4 days ago we need to know now!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

We got an update, you shouldn’t

thank you. i’m going to have burrito for dinner and make fun of the dead guy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You cannot Go back to life after dying

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

You cannot Go back to life after dying

Jerry Lawler did, Speaking of WWE nonces

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ICR posted:

Deveon Everheart Aiken, better known to fans as Dezmond Xavier, brings a dazzling array of aerial offense to the PC. Aiken, a nine-year-veteran of the squared circle, has competed for promotions including Combat Zone Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and Impact Wrestling.

I'm a big fan of Combat Zone Wrestling getting higher billing than Impact

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The fightful covid report said it was a top name that doesn't hang out in large crowds and wasn't booked for War Games anyway so ?????

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RIP Test

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm watching NXT right now. Just kidding.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Results 12/2:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • The show opened with Triple H and the NXT roster on stage for a memorial for Pat Patterson.
  • Curt Stallion was attacked by El Legado del Fantasma before the show started. Damien Priest took out Joaquin Wilde and will now team with Leon Ruff against Santos Escobar and Raul Mendoza.
  • Leon Ruff and Damian Priest defeated Santos Escobar and Raul Mendoza in a tag match. Ruff pinned Mendoza.
  • Candice LeRae's vowed her team would win War Games this weekend.
  • Cameron Grimes defeated August Grey in a singles match. Postmatch he attacked Grey with a strap, then ran away when Dexter Lumis replaced Grey in the ring.
  • Jake Atlas defeated Tony Nese in a singles match, and dedicated the match to Pat Patterson.
  • Pat McAfee cut a promo with The Kings of NXT about War Games.
  • Xia Li and Boa were in a "ritualistic training session".
  • Imperium attacked Ever-Rise before their tag match with Grizzled Young Veterans. Imperium challenged Grizzled Young Veterans to a match.
  • Imperium vs. Grizzled Young Veterans went to a no-contest when Ever-Rise ran in and attached both teams. Postmatch, Ever-Rise ran to a waiting car, then shouted,"EVER-RISE RULES!" out the window as they peeled out.
  • Tommaso Ciampa gatecrashed Timothy Thatcher's "Thatch as Thatch Can" seminar, but thanks to interference by a student Thatcher was able to choke Ciampa out. Ciampa vs. Thatcher was made official for War Games.
  • Shotzi Blackheart defeated Raquel Gonzalez in a ladder match to get the team advantage at War Games. So the face team is going to get the numbers advantage in a War Games match?
  • This is the closest thing to discussion this show got because everybody watched AEW Dynamite instead.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
okay *that's* definitely finally the fake set of spoilers

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So two ladder match main events two weeks in a row, why don't gimmick matches mean anything?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Waiting for the real results so I can stay up to date on the scream masks and toy tanks

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Defiance Industries posted:

Friend, let me tell you about Daniel Bryan

bartok posted:

I think he's gone full WWE.

Less 'gone full WWE' and more 'is insanely beat up and should never have wrestled again, but they'll let him so he stays'. Bryan's like Foley, a broke-brained wrestling addict who will do whatever as long as they keep letting him take dumb bumps.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 12/2:
  • Shotzi Blackheart defeated Raquel Gonzalez in a ladder match to get the team advantage at War Games. So the face team is going to get the numbers advantage in a War Games match?

:eyepop:

Maybe Impact/AEW isn't going to go all that bad if WWF is doing the babyface advantage in war games.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
didnt they give the babyfaces the advantage last year too? i seem to recall bryan and vinny being upset over that

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Raskolnikov38 posted:

didnt they give the babyfaces the advantage last year too? i seem to recall bryan and vinny being upset over that

Yeah but then Dakota Kai turned heel so when they were going to get the advantage it instead turned into disadvantage.

This time seems like the goal is purely to beat the poo poo out of the heels?

I'm happy that Ever Rise are getting personality time. Still an awful name, and that's a team that went by 2.0 for years.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Still convinced like half of these names are made up by J-Ru.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Those are some real ominous quotation marks on "ritualistic training session"

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Tomasso Ciampa's head is gross as gently caress

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Still convinced like half of these names are made up by J-Ru.

They apparently just signed three guys with z's in their names too :shrug:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God drat I'm still high off AEW. gently caress you wwe gently caress you for trying to kill wrestling and gently caress you for trying to stop anyone else from enjoying it you counter programing hateful spite-filled jibbering oafs.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ad by Khad posted:

wait til you hear what vince called it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Roman's going to take the Universal Title to OVW

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Davros1 posted:

Roman's going to take the Universal Title to EVOLVE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Power Windows posted:

Tomasso Ciampa's head is gross as gently caress

wait'll you get to the ideas inside it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

they were basically waterboarding themselves while a mysterious old man demanded them to do it and their mysterious female leader watched on, then she made them get beatings from kendo sticks.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

KungFu Grip posted:

they were basically waterboarding themselves while a mysterious old man demanded them to do it and their mysterious female leader watched on, then she made them get beatings from kendo sticks.
but enough about WWE creative meetings

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 12/2:
  • Imperium vs. Grizzled Young Veterans went to a no-contest when Ever-Rise ran in and attached both teams.

I choose to believe that this statement is true and literal and will refuse anybody telling me it's a typo

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Liquid Communism posted:

Bryan's like Foley, a broke-brained wrestling addict who will do whatever as long as they keep letting him take dumb bumps.

On Mick Foley.

I am surprised he didn't do more backstage stuff in wrestling post in-ring career.

He is respected, smart, (as well as his autobiographies he has written a proper novel that didn't have any pictures or nothing), loves wrestling, and can tolerate Vince. I would have thought he would be a good producer/agent.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Every time they do a War Games someone has the bright idea "Everybody does the Heel's getting the advantage, what if we gave the Babyfaces the advantage." to the point where Heels getting the advantage feels fresh.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Davros1 posted:

Roman's going to take the Universal Title to NJPW

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
No. Roman is going to DDT.

And he will win the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship....from Britt Baker.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Mick Foley.

I am surprised he didn't do more backstage stuff in wrestling post in-ring career.

He is respected, smart, (as well as his autobiographies he has written a proper novel that didn't have any pictures or nothing), loves wrestling, and can tolerate Vince. I would have thought he would be a good producer/agent.

Didn't Foley say that when he was an announcer that he didn't really talk pay, and then Vince started him at like the base level pay for any new announcer on TV?

It wouldn't surprise me if that was what he assumed would happen with any backstage role and just got the gently caress out of there.

Gonz posted:

No. Roman is going to DDT.

And he will win the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship....from Britt Baker.

A WWE wrestler vs. an AEW Wrestler, in a DDT Title match?!? What is this... Taz vs. Mike Awesome all over again?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Astro7x posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was what he assumed would happen with any backstage role and just got the gently caress out of there.
It absolutely wouldn't surprise me when you consider AEW has the talent they do in training / announcing / backstage just scooped up from Vince making GBS threads on them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

It absolutely wouldn't surprise me when you consider AEW has the talent they do in training / announcing / backstage just scooped up from Vince making GBS threads on them.

They wanted to hire Schiavone but they had absolutely no idea what they'd even have him doing.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

If a wrestlers true value is based on how much money they draw and WWE is the most profitable it’s ever been, does that make Roman Reigns the greatest wrestler of all of the times?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Sandman McMahon posted:

If a wrestlers true value is based on how much money they draw and WWE is the most profitable it’s ever been, does that make Roman Reigns the greatest wrestler of all of the times?

Please give Slapjack his due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I believe you marks are both forgetting that the Brand is the biggest Star in the WWE Universe :smugvince: