Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Post
  • Reply
Waci
May 30, 2011


One of your employer’s aides leads you up through an extraneously labyrinthine building, answering the last of your questions on the way. You pay little attention to the stacks of documents the aide hands you, already rather more familiar with the contents of the compensation matrices, commodity price indices, and assorted contractual minutiae than most of you would like to be. The only difference compared to the working version still fresh in your minds is the list of embedded thought-fragments denoting your agreement, and the seal wrought of a mote of your employer’s memories covering a summary of your tasks and binding both sides of the contract.

quote:

Primary objective:
Thwart the 17th Blessed and Radiant Delegation to Vaporius

Secondary objectives:
Establish a stable ritual site to allow transportation rituals to be performed
Secure a source of local raw materials in bulk quantity, either by trade or conquest

Bonus objectives:
Ensure local rulers are receptive to servants of the dark gods, whether by coercion or convertion
Eliminate traces of Imperial Creed from the local populace
Ensure locals become distrustful of Imperials for a significant period of time after you leave
Secure services of members of local ruling class (for a time) or water-children (for life) willing to travel to Q'Sal

The aide hands you off to a cargo-ritualist and you step into the mixture of loading chamber and ritual dock. A school of massive, iridescent fish float leisurely in the chamber as servants and servitors bundle your equipment and supplies onto them.

“Only the passenger one has a gellar bubble, so after you unload, check your stuff for anything that shouldn’t be there. Everything should be wrapped up alright, but nobody wants to spot a warp-spawn in their water bottle with their mouth.” The logistimancer grimaces. “Nobody decent anyway.”

While you climb on board and settle snugly onto the ray, servants load the last of your supplies onboard, hooking wrapped packages onto the vacant strands on the things’ backs and tethering a Rhino covered in shrink-wrap and fluorescent warding tape to the tails of one of the larger fish. The dock-mage cross-references the documents you were previously handed with a shipping manifest and nods, dismissing the labourers.

“Everything on the list should be on board, including your personal gear. There’s food for a couple of weeks, the closest thing we’ve got to a map, a water condenser, some spare fuel and ammo, tents, local currency, and a single-use comm ritual kit.” She looks around at your little convoy and gestures at the Rhino. “Since you’ve got a fair bit of cargo, we’ll be dropping you off somewhere relatively secluded a decent distance from potential witnesses.”

With a brief incantation from the ritualist the aether rays rise off the floor and dive into the stone wall ahead. Predictably physics fails to register a collision, and reality lurches as the scenery changes. You look at Q’sal from the warp, the sorcerers' towers extending into the immaterium and the environment abuzz with activity, growing rapidly more distant.



Soon you see nothing but the warp itself, no mortal wills imposing a structure upon the antithesis of constancy and order. Then the world changes again, and you’re back in the materium.

You see sand. You smell sand. You hear sand. The talkative amongst you taste sand. You land in the desert, hovering above sand surrounded by a few globs of something glistening and unnatural. As soon as you have disembarked, the aether ray implodes out of your vision, returning to its master. You detach your belongings from the cargo rays and they too depart, leaving you standing in the desert as the gooey side effects of unconventional warp travel seep into the sand and fade.



The wind dies and the sky clears of sand enough for you to see the low mountains surrounding you, and in the distance, an open sea of sand.



As usual, include your character sheets in the first post, and I guess figure out where you're going! Any questions you might have asked before departure can be handled retroactively.

Waci fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013



Pillbug


Walter Irons

Immediately, Walter starts unpacking his share of the cargo with the quiet efficiency drilled into him by the Guard. Bolter and grenade launcher over each shoulder, chainswords at the hip, backup laspistol in a chest holster. Backpack intact, contents intact... He gives his canteen a shake to see if anything squeals, as ordered. When nothing does, he takes a sip and scans the horizon before finally speaking.

"...Nice to be someplace where the sand ain't trying to eat my face and the sky don't rain fire. Where do we start?"

e: Rolling to remember anything about the extensive briefing on Vaporius which Walter actually read,

Common Lore (Vaporius) 53 (13+40 Pity Bonus): 48, 1 DoS.


pre:
Name: Walter Irons
Alignment: Khorne
Archetype: Renegade
Pride: Martial Prowess
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Violence

WS:	50 (20 +5 Pride)
BS:	35 (10)
S:	40 (15)
T:	40 (15)
Agi:	40 (15)
Int:	13 (-5 Pride -4 Disgrace -3 Motivation)
Per:	30 (5)
WP:	35 (10)
Fel:	35 (10)

Wounds: 16 (15 +1 Background)
Infamy: 26 (24 +2 Disgrace)
IP: 2/2
CP: 05

Pride/Scorn:

Khorne 5 (Aligned)

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (Imperium, Vaporius, War +10)
Dodge
Intimidate
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Medicae
Operate (Aeronautica)
Parry +10
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Stealth
Trade (Technomat)

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Catfall
Double Team
Jaded
Marksman
Quick Draw
Rank & File (Background)
Rapid Reload
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee)
Weapon Training (Bolt, Chain, Las, Primary, SP, Flame, Launcher)

Traits/Mutations/Other:

The Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative Rolls

Adroit (WS): +1 DoS to successes, -1 DoF to failures (min 1).


Gear:

GC Boltgun
Grenade Launcher (Stun Grenades x6)
Laspistol w/ Silencer
BC Mono Chainsword
BC Chainsword
Light Carapace
Light Power Armor
--Horns
-Sustainable Power Source
-Auto-Senses
-Osmotic Gill
-Helmet Augmentations (Preysense, Rebreather, Photovisor, Vox, Microbead)
Recoil Glove
Glowglobe
Medikit
Microbead
Grapnel and Line
Stummer
Cameleoline Cloak (from Savorsk)
Backpack
Dataslate (Annotated Tactica Imperialis)

Acquisitions:

BC Mono Chainsword (+10 Average -20 BC -10 Upgrade +10 Single)
Light Power Armor (Traded Bolt Pistol)
GC Helmet Augmentations (-10 Rare -10 GC +10 Single)

XP/Inf/CP Log:



XP		950/1000

Charm-200
Rank & File-250
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee)-500

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 6, 2021

Waci
May 30, 2011



Walter think the very hardest he can, and manages to remember some of the content from the briefing documents:

5-hour location briefing that could've been a vox-mail posted:

Locales:
Meh'phi: Glassworks, d̸̰̑e̸̖̓ś̴̢̮̾è̶͈͍͠r̵̼̈́t̷̋̽ͅ ̴͇̿͝c̴̥̠͒͌r̶͔̳͝e̸̱͐̕a̵̟̋̆ẗ̴̙́u̵͔̰̚r̶̜̖̈́̀e̴̻͋͘ ̴͐ͅȟ̴̬ͅú̷͍̌n̷͍̏t̸̮̞̍͂ī̶̠͍͠n̷̮̘̈́̅g̴̮̊, ظ�ع�ظ�ظ�ع�ع�ع�, Ж ╪з┘Д╪╣╪з┘Д, О╩©ь╖ы└ "ь╧ь╖ы"
Atar: Wind gems and other t̷̩̏̕ͅr̶̯̓͊ȧ̵̱̊v̸̛̮̬͛e̴͍̙̽ĺ̶̟̹̄-̸̛͇͝r̶̩͋̾e̸̻̓̚l̴̻͝a̴̫͍͗t̴̫̂e̶̝̾d̶̥͑̄ ̴̊͜p̵̱͓͊ş̶̰̄ý̷̳̃c̴̨͔̽h̸̨͈̏i̵͍̅̌c̸̱̭͒̏ ̸͚͆̓p̷̧̫̾͋r̵̺͌͒o̸̢͌d̷̛̻̈́ǘ̵̠c̸͖̝͒͠t̷͍̀͋ş̷̓ are some the most common Vaporius-made items seen off-world, иЙй�иЇй� иЇ, Д╪е┘Ж╪│╪, ы└ь╜ы┌ы┬ы specialty
Vyr: Agri- and aquaculture, t̸̫̫̂ȍ̵̡̌x̶̗̆i̸̼̫̊ć̶͎̗ ̵̝̒ḁ̵̈́͘c̸̢̰̑i̷̥̣̊̃d̵̥̜́̉ ̶̘̅s̴͔̰͊͌ę̷̄ạ̵̔, й�иع�ظ�عй�й, Д╪е┘Ж╪│, ╜ы┌ы┬ specialty
Iheb: Fortress city, supported by m̷͉͂̉i̵̭̊n̶̰̑̈́i̸̻͌n̵̲̩̓͋g̵͙͈̀̾ ̸̯͓̚í̵͉̪͝n̴̻̯͊ď̶̻̌ủ̵̯͘s̷̰̐̑t̵̯̕r̴̞̲͐̂y̸͓̽ and §Ů�Ů�Ů�, lots of ╪е╪╣┘Д╪, §Ù„إنسا٠specialty

17th Blessed and Radiant Delegation to Vaporius Base Camp: in the desert, as close to multiple cities as can be but still hundreds of kilometres from each. ¥Ø¹Ù„ان and ظ�ع�ظ�.
Your landing site: In the foothills of иЅиЙй Mountain Range, moderately dangerous due to ع� ع�ظع and a risk of ╔ы├ьЁь.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead








Osseus 49/9-Z

Traveling relatively light, Osseus herds Null away from the aether rays and checks his weapons crate for stowaways, his four mechatendrils shifting about as they take further inventory and help settle his long guns in their proper places. He has time to assist Walter with extra shares of common cargo.

A tinny, staticky voice emerges from the strange vox-caster built into his unusual armor, "Unlikely to find carnivorous sand even in warp-tainted regions - warp energies preferentially interact with living tissue, Walter."

His mechanicum-enhanced brain recollecs that Vaporius has occasional visits from Rogue Traders and other Imperial agents, but few are welcome among the abhumans, partly because of an aversion to outsiders, and partly because the Imperium is insanely xenophobic. The heat, low humidity, and abrasive sand all read clearly as hazardous on his sensors, though these sensations are more intellectual than instinctive to the transhuman Heretek, and he puts the mission priorities above comfort. "Suggest we proceed to Atar, south-by-southwest. Each city-state is separate, Atar is at crossroads of trade between them, greatest probability of outsider presence being within normal parameters."

CL Koronus Expanse, minor success.
pre:
Name: Osseus 49/9-Z
Species: Human
Career: Heretek
Pride: Logic
Disgrace: Deceit
Motivation: Arcane
Alignment: unaligned/Tzeentch

Characteristics    
total = starting + pbuy + adv + arch + pride + disgrace + mot
WS : 25   = 25 + 0 +    +    +
BS : 45    = 25 + 20 +    +    +
S : 22[32] (3)  = 25 + 00 +    +    -3
T : 40 (4) = 25 + 15 +    +    +
AG : 45      = 25 + 20 +    +    +
INT : 57 (7) = 25 + 20 + 0 + 5 + 7
PER : 16     = 25 + +    +    -9
WP : 40      = 25 + 15 +    +    
FEL : 35      = 25 + 10 +    +    +

Infamy: 26
Corruption: 4
 Khorne   : 0
 Nurgle   : 0
 Slaanesh : 0
 Tzeentch : 4
 Scorn: 0

Wounds: 17
TB: 4
Armor: 11 all including Machine 4
Initiative: 1d10+10

Skills:
[+20 to Logic and all Lore from Cerebral Implants]
[+10 to Tech Use, Pilot, Drive, Logic, Inquiry, WS from MIU]
[+10 to Tech Use from Combi-tool]
Common Lore - Koronus Expanse [+20 total]
Common Lore - Imperium [+20 total]
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade - Armourer
Logic [+30 total]
Common Lore - Adeptus Mechanicus [+20 total]
Common Lore - Tech [+20 total]
Dodge
Parry
Tech Use +20 [+50 total]
Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) [+30 total]
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) [+20 total]

Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock)
Weapon Training (Plasma, Power)
Exotic Weapon Training (Razor Web)
Mechadendrite Training (Weapon)
Total Recall
Weapon-Tech
Lesser Minion of Chaos
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Reforged in Steel
Combat Formation
Bulging Biceps [Skeletal Petrifaction]
Iron Jaw [Skeletal Petrifaction]

Traits:
Unnatural Intelligence +2
The Quick and the Dead
Mechanicus Implants
Binary Chatter
Machine (4) - Don't breathe, immune to cold, vacuum, mind-influence

Mutations:

Gear:
Best-Craftsmanship Lascarbine
Razor Web Blaster, Noxious Discharge
Power Axe
GC Cerebral Implants
GC Dendrite Blade (4)
GC MIU
Mechanicus Assimilation (4)
Black Blood
unholy unguents
combi-tool
dataslate
Luminen Capacitors
Light Power Armor - Power Supply Tampering https://orokos.com/roll/919200
Sustainable Power Source
Auto-senses
Vox Link
Grenade Launcher w/ Fire Selector, Stun Grenades, Legion Frag Grenades, Blight Grenades (from patron)
Auspex (from patron)


Advancements (1000/1000):
EWP - Razor Web
Reforged in Steel
Combat Formation

Minion - Protector Skull Null

WS    : 01
BS    : 30
S     : 05
T     : 20
AG    : 01
INT   : 30
PER   : 05
WP    : 07
FEL   : 01

Traits: Auto-stabilized, Hoverer (4), Machine (2)
Talents: Total Recall, Rapid Reload, Unremarkable, Technical Knock, Weapon Training
Skills: Inquiry, Tech-use, FL Archaeotech, FL Warp
Gear: Grenade Launcher w/ Fire Selector
Stun Grenades, Legion Frag Grenades, Blight Grenades
          Reinforced Plating (Guard Flak Armor, AP6 with machine)

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Dromedar

Sand hissed across Dromedar's armor, the latest of debris from uncounted worlds. His first task was to secure and see to his equipment. The jump pack could founder if the intakes were clogged. Same with the flask intake of the flamer. But above all was the sword. It had been long since he'd taken it from the hands of his warleader. The man had led them into the Blood God's service but when it came down to it, all he was good for was killing. The band had become... divided. Quite literally at the end. Dromedar had tended his wounds and taken what he could from the fallen as was his right as the victor. The renegade who spoke reminded him of that fallen champion, in a way. A simple man, though capable.

"My suggestion would be Vyr. If I remember the map it's the city on the coast. Water, tainted or not, is power on this planet. But the loyalists are directly in our path. I welcome facing them when the time is right, but that is not now. We could take the long way around, though it would cost us time. On the other hand, perhaps we could begin spreading our counterpoint and let it filter out from the smaller cities."



pre:
Name: Dromedar
Role: Champion
Alignment: Khorne (currently unaligned mechanically)
Pride: Grace
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Perfection

WS:   50 (30+15) [+5 Motivation]
BS:   22 (30+ 0) [-5 Pride] [-3 Motivation]
S:    60 (30+10) [+20 Armor]
T:    40 (30+10) 
Ag:   50 (30+15) [+5 Pride]
Int:  36 (30+10) [-4 Disgrace]
Per:  37 (30+10) [-3 Motivation]
WP:   45 (30+15) 
Fel:  45 (30+15) 

Wounds:   20/20
IP:        2/2
Infamy:     26 [+2 Disgrace]
Corruption:  0

Khorne:     0
Slaanesh:   0
Nurgle:     0
Tzeentch:   0
Scorn:      0


Skills:

Athletics
Command
Common Lore (War)
Charm
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Astartes)
Forbidden Lore (Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Aeronautica)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Scrutiny


Talents:

Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Iron Discipline
Legion Weapon Training
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Sure Strike
Unarmed Warrior


Traits:

Amphibious
Dark Sight
Inspiring Presence
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4


Gifts/Rewards:


Gear:

Legion Power Armor
 - Remnants of Mutation (Winged)
 - Auto-Senses
 - Sustainable Power Source
 - Vox Link
Legion Bolter -> Best Legion Flamer w/ Magnetic Holster
Legion Combat Knife -> Good Refractor Field
Legion Power Sword -> Good Legion Power Sword
*Jump Pack
*Beguiling Gem
*Upgrade Good Legion Power Sword to Legacy
 - Legacy of Conquest
  - Bellicose Pattern
   - Ragged (When I reach 20 Corruption, per Waci)
Cameleoline cloak (given by Savorsk)

Experience:              450/500

Ancient Warrior              250
Operate (Aeronautica)        200

--------------------------------

WS    BS    S     T     Ag     Int    Per    WP    Fel  
50    22    65    40    50     36     37     40    45
 
Wounds: 20/20    Infamy 2/2   Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+5

Ground: 6/12/18/36
Jump: 12/24/36/72
Fly 12 up to 1 minute

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 37 (57 Sight/Hearing)
Dodge: 50
Parry: 70
 
Armour: 8 All
Field: 30/1-5
 
Legion Flamer            20m  S/-/-  1d10+ 9 E  Pen  4  Clip:   6/6     2F    Best, Flame, Spray
Legacy Power Sword     Melee   ---   1d10+18 R  Pen  7  Clip:   ---     --    Balanced, Power Field

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 13, 2021

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013



Pillbug


Walter Irons

Osseus 49/9-Z posted:

A tinny, staticky voice emerges from the strange vox-caster built into his unusual armor, "Unlikely to find carnivorous sand even in warp-tainted regions - warp energies preferentially interact with living tissue, Walter."

"Oh." He scratches at a cheek pebbled with faint, tiny scars. "Maybe that was mites. I didn't ask them."

After a few more seconds of awkward silence, he pulls up his copy of the map and runs his finger across the cities, lips moving as pieces of the documents he'd spent hours reading surfaced in his memory.

"I remember... Meffy. Mafi? Meh'phi, there, that one. The one with glass, and hunting? I'd go there first. It's closest. I think. That also takes us the long way around the Imperials, which... I guess we're not kicking their doors in first thing, so staying away is good, right?"

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020





Savosk the Depraved Shadow
"I actually think it would be best to go to Atar and then Iheb. Converting those two cities would give us a solid power base to foment an insurgency . That said, the sooner we can get to killing imperials, the better in my view."


pre:
Name: Savosk the Depraved Shadow
Role: Forsaken
Alignment: Unaligned
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Perfection

WS:   45 (30+15) 
BS:   45 (30+15) 
S:    60 (30+10) [+20 Armor]
T:    40 (30+10) 
Ag:   50 (30+15) [+5 Motivation]
Int:  40 (30+10) 
Per:  37 (30+10) [-3 Motivation]
WP:   45 (30+15) [-3 Pride]
Fel:  23 (30+ 0) [-4 Disgrace] [-3 Motivation]

Wounds:   20/20
IP:        2/2
Infamy:     26 [+2 Disgrace]
Corruption:  0

Khorne:     0
Slaanesh:   0
Nurgle:     0
Tzeentch:   0
Scorn:      0


Skills:

Acrobatics
Athletics
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Astartes)
Forbidden Lore (Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Security
Stealth
Survival +10


Talents:

Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Hatred (Ecclesiarchy)
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Jaded
Legion Weapon Training
Light Sleeper
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Unarmed Warrior


Traits:

Amphibious
Dark Sight
Resourceful
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4


Gifts/Rewards:

Current Gear:

Legion Power Armor
 - Black Legion’s Armor
 - Auto-Senses
 - Sustainable Power Source
 - Enhanced Ceramite Plating
Legion Bolter -> Good Refractor Field
 - 4 Mags
Legion Combat Knife
Good Legion Power Sword
1 Multikey
1 Cameleoline Cloak
1 suit of local armor
** Good Legion Combi-Melta w/ Motion Predictor
*Legacy Combi-Melta
 - Legacy of Slaughter
   - Bellicose Pattern
     - 
*Rhino
*Good MIU


Experience:              450/500

Ancient Warrior              250
Stealth 200

--------------------------------

WS    BS    S     T     Ag     Int    Per    WP    Fel  
45    45    60    40    50     40     37     45    23
 
Wounds: 20/20    Infamy 2/2   Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+5

Ground: 6/12/18/36

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 37 (57 Sight/Hearing)
Dodge: 50
Parry: 60
 
Armour: 11/9 Body/All
Field: 30/1-5
 
Legion Combi-Melta
 - Bolter               100m  S/3/-  1d10+10 E  Pen  5  Clip:  24/24   Full   Best, Tearing
 - Melta                 20m  S/-/-  2d10+14 E  Pen 13  Clip:   1/1     2F    Best, Melta
Power Sword            Melee   ---   1d10+16 R  Pen  6  Clip:   ---     --    Balanced, Power Field
Legion Combat Knife    Melee   ---   1d10+10 R  Pen  2  Clip:   ---     --    

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 14, 2021

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil


Aristotle



Standing as tall as the Legionnaires within the small group, an ogryn scratches his belly between the ill-fitting plates of his carapace armour. "'Stotle hungry," he complains in a slow drawl, before he reaches around to a large box implanted onto his back. There's a loud whine as he cranks a small wheel on the side of the box for a few moments. Finally, he lets go of the wheel and effortlessly picks up an autocannon as long as he is tall. "I make good point. Food is important. We should go to farm city. Vyr. We control food, we control people."

pre:
Name: Aristotle
Race: Chaos Ogryn
Archetype: Heretek
Alignment: Nurgle (Unaligned)
Pride: Logic
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Immortality

Characteristics:
WS: 20 (20 + 5 - 5 (Motivation))
BS: 45 (20 + 20 + 5 (Advances))
S: 40 (20 + 10 + 10 (Race))
T: 45 (20 + 10 + 10 (Race) + 5 (Advances)
Ag: 20 (20 + 10 - 10 (Race))
Int: 45 (20 + 20 - 15 (Race) + 5 (Archetype) + 5 (Pride))
Per: 20 (20 + 5 - 5 (Pride))
WP: 30 (20 + 10)
Fel: 26 (20 + 10 - 4 (Disgrace))
Inf: 26 (19 + 5 + 2 (Disgrace))

Wounds: 24 (12 + 5 + 5 (Race) + 2 (Motivation))
IP: 2/2

Corruption: 
Slaanesh: 0
Nurgle: 0
Khorne: 0
Tzeentch: 1
Scorn: 0

Skills:
Survival
Logic
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech)
Tech Use
Dodge
Parry
Tech Use +10
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)

Talents:
Armour-Monger - increase AP of all armoured locations by 2, as long as he has down time to maintain armour.
Bulging Biceps - can fire heavy weapons without bracing with no penalty. +20 to Heft special use of Athletics.
Cold Hearted - Immune to seduction, +20 to resist Charm.
Disturbing Voice - +10 to Intimidate. -10 to Fellowship tests when trying to be friendly. +10 to Terrify special use of Command.
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus) - -10 to Fellowship tests when dealing with this group.
Iron Jaw - Ignore Stunned effect on a successful Toughness test.
Mechadendrite Training (Weapon) - Use mechadendrite type without penalty.
Meditation - Test Willpower and spend 10 minutes to remove 1 Fatigue.
Resistance (Psychic Powers) - +10 to test to resist the effects of hazard.
Technical Knock - Unjam a weapon as a half action.
Weapon Training (Bolt, Las, Primary, Shock, Solid Projectile) - Use weapon type without penalty.

Traits/Abilities:
Binary Chatter - +10 to loyalty of all cybernetic minions.
But It Dark In Dere! - must pass a WP test to enter confined spaces. -10 to all skills when in confined spaces.
Clumsy - can only use weapons with the Ogryn-Proof trait or Legion weapons.
I Don't Feel So Good - Gain Gifts at 10, 30, 60 and 90 Corruption.
Mechanicus Implants
Size (Hulking) - +10 to hit, -10 to Stealth, +1 movement.
Sturdy - +20 to resist grappling and Takedowns.
Unnatural Strength (+2)
Unnatural Toughness (+2)

Gifts/Mutations:


Gear:
Best-Craftsmanship Lascarbine
Good Craftsmanship Great Weapon (Greataxe)
Good Craftsmanship Cerebral Implants
Good Craftsmanship Dendrite Blade
Unholy unguents
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Ballistic Mechadendrite with Laspistol
Lumenin Capacitors
Heavy Carapace
M34 Autocannon
Helmet Augmentations

Advances: 1,000/1,000
Ballistic Skill +5 - 250
Toughness +5 - 250
Disturbing Voice - 250
Resistance (Psychic Powers) - 250

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 1, 2022

Xun
Apr 25, 2010



Iphis Rodier Vesci

Iphis sighs as she puts down the crate she was moving into place with her servoarm. She gives it a few good thumps to check if anything's moving inside before sitting on it. "I agree with Aristotle here, there's nothing better than food to spread goodwill quickly! And it's not just because she wants a closer look at local foods and ingredients. Nope. She turns to ogryn with the odd cranial implants "If you're hungry, I'd be happy to cook something up! Or at least try to make these rations into something edible." She had to cater an entire regiment of Ogryns once, it was terrible. In comparison, one Ogryn shouldn't be too difficult to feed.

pre:
Name: Iphis
Alignment: Slaanesh
Archetype: Heretek
Pride: Craftsmanship
Disgrace: Gluttony
Motivation: Innovation


WS:	  32 = 25 +10 -3
BS:	  22 = 25 -3
S:	  30 = 25 +5
T:	  30 = 25 +5
Agi:	  33 = 25 +10 +3 -5
Int:	  56 = 25 +20 +3 +3 +5
Per:	  40 = 25 +15
WP:	  40 = 25 +15
Fel:	  45 = 25 +20


Wounds: 17=12+5+2-2
Infamy: 25=19+5+1
Corruption: 2
IP: 2/2


Praise/Scorn:
Slaanesh: 2
Scorn: 


Skills:
Common Lore (Culinary, Imperium, Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech)
Linguistics (Low Gothic, High Gothic)
Trade (Chefinarian)
Logic
Tech Use +10
Dodge
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Charm

Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Power)
Mechadendrite Training (Utility)
Total Recall
Weapon-Tech
Lesser Minion of Chaos
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Epsilon Psy Rank
Blue Blood (+5 to Acquisition tests)
Peer (Planetary Governors)

Traits:
The Quick And The Dead
Mechanicus Implants
Unntarual Intelligence +2
Binary Chatter
Psyker

Gifts/Rewards:

Psychic powers:
Precognition
Glimpse

Cybernetics:
Good Cerebral Implants (+20 to Logic and Lore tests)
Good Servo-arm (Strength 75, Unnatural Strength +7, 2d10+14 I, Pen )
Utility Mechadendrite
Ferric Lure Implants
Mechatendril (+5 to all crafting tests)

Gear:
Best Craftsmanship Meringue Torch (Flamer) (Given to Robowaiter)
Good-Craftsmanship Kitchen Knife (Power Sword)
Extra-protective Apron (Light Carapace Armour)
Oil Splash Guard (Refractor Field)
Cooking Oils (Ligature Oils)
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Psy-focus
Alcohol (employer)
Recaf (employer)

Robowaiter 1000

Upon hearing talk about food, Robowaiter 1000 pops out from behind a crate and beeps excitedly.

pre:
WS:	5 	= 10 -5 
BS:	5 	= 10 -5
S:	7 	= 
T:	13 	=
Agi:	16 	= 11+5
Int:	17 	=
Per:	18 	= 
WP:	8 	=
Fel:	14 	= 9+5

Wounds: 2

Skills: 
Trade (Culinarian)
Charm
Language (Low Gothic, High Gothic)
Dodge

Talents:
Weapon Training (Flame)
Mimic
Cold-hearted
Frenzy
Lightning Reflexes

Traits:
Hoverer 4
Machine 2
Size 2

Equipment:
Best Craftsmanship Meringue Torch (Flamer) (From Iphis)
Best-Craftsmanship Robo-Tuxedo (BC Quilted Vest) (+5 to Charm, AP3 body)
Medikit
Alcohol (employer)
Recaf (employer)

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020



Savosk the Depraved Shadow

”While that might be true, securing a secluded base of operations in the mountains would allow us to project power onto the rest of the region. I ask that you reconsider and leave the other cities for later travels.

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 6, 2021

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jamie Ingor/Flavus Ursis

Jamie takes some extra time to shake off the warp travel a little more than their counterparts, having never traveled the warp in anything other than a void craft protected by Gellar fields. Jamie quickly unload their meager gear, reflexively checking the balance of their power knife and aiming down the sights of their silenced las-pistol before putting them in the proper sheathes on their mesh armor. Hopefully they would not have to join combat any time soon, Jamie was better at ambush fighting than a straight up brawl or shootout. Usually if the shooting starts, the mission has gone wrong.

The gear check done, Jamie decided it was time to get into character as Flavus. They took a few deep breaths as they got into the mindset required. The thoughts of a spoiled son of a Schenshal, slightly cowardly, willing to work for the forces of chaos when his ship was captured but being enthralled buy the schemes of Tzeentch. How pulling off convoluted plots fed his ego. Last thing was to slip into the right vocal timbre, created from an amalgamation of hundreds of hours of listening to recordings of different naval and rogue trader personnel.

"I tend to agree that we should make Vyr a priority. On any world, control of the staples of life, such as water and food, can allow you to do just about anything. Sabotaging some aquaducts, or introducing some sort of pestilence into the local crops will do wonders. People, even mutants like on this world will start to panic when they can't eat and drink. Spin that panic into paranoia against the Imperial mission, and the populace may even remove them for us. That said, I do recognize the difficulty in getting to that location from here."

Jamie was slightly disturbed by how quickly that plan formed. They then thought back to their other briefing and all the information read about pirate forces in the screaming vortex, both chaos and xenos, and then processed that information through the Flavus Filter. "I also believe there may be pirate forces that occasionally stop at this world. We might be able to use them as support."

Doing FL lore pirates to see if I know of any pirate ships or groups that maybe stop here we can use to run us supplies until the ritual circle is done. I got a 48 against a 60, which is 3 dos I think?

FL pirates at 60: 1d100 48

pre:
Name: Jamie Ingor/Flavus Ursis
Alignment: 
Archetype: Apostate
Pride: devotion
Disgrace: deceit 
Motivation: perfection

WS:	30 (25+5)
BS:	35 (25+10)
S:	27 (25+10-5 pride-3 motivation)
T:	27 (25+5-3 motivation)
Agi:	35 (25+10)
Int:	50 (25+20+5 motivation)
Per:	31 (25+10-4 disgrace)
WP:	40 (25+10+5 pride)
Fel:	50 (25+20+5 archetype)

Wounds:  (14)
Infamy:  (24+2 disgrace)
IP: 27
CP:0

Pride/Scorn:

Total Corruption: 1

Tzeentch: 1

Skills:
awareness 
charm
command
Common Lore (Administratum, Imperial Creed)
Deceive +20
Scholastic lore (bureaucracy, heraldry, imperial warrants)
forbidden lore (heresy, xenos)
Forbidden Lore (Pirates) +10
inquiry +10
dodge
intimidate
linquistics (low gothic)
Security
slight of hand
stealth
Trade (cryptographer)


Talents:
Air or authority: when making command rolls, affect 10 times fellowship and loyalty of minions +10.
Hatred (Xenos(genestealer cults))
Peer (Schola Progenium)
Total recall: can automatically remember trivial facts and pieces of information.
unshakable will: reroll willpower tests to avoid fear. 
weapon training (las, primary, power)
Disturbing voice: +10 on intimidate tests, but -10 on fellowship with easily frightened. 
mimic: can mimic a voice after one hour of study. -10 scrutiny to hear through it, or no bonus if study was recording instead of in person.  
inspire wrath: can give listeners hatred talent. 
Orthoproxy: +20 to willpower to resist mind control and interrogation. 
Resistance poisons

Traits/Mutations/Other:

The Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative Rolls

Serpent's Tongue: Once per session challenging charm or deceive test to gain peer talent, if Fellowship is 55+ can make it peer 2. 
Quarantine breach: one rank in deceive and FL pirates, and resistance poisons talents.

Gear:
common quality power blade
mesh armor
unholy tomes
chaos symbol pendant
Las-pistol with silencer(from patron)
Micro bead (from patron)
Grapnel and line (from patron)
Stummer (from patron)
good quality embeded auspex
Forgery kit

Acquisitions:
Good quality embeded auspex (rare -10, good -10, single +10 total of -10)
Forgery kit (very rare -20, single +10, total of -10)


XP/Inf/CP Log:



XP		900/1000
Stealth known 200
slight of hand known 200
quarantine breach 250
Orthoproxy 250

Werix fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 15, 2021

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020



Savosk the Depraved Shadow

“I’m the one with the Rhino for our warband. I strongly feel we should go to Atar first. However if you all wish to go elsewhere, I will take you. But decide now.

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 6, 2021

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead








Osseus 49/9-Z

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Walter Irons
"Oh." He scratches at a cheek pebbled with faint, tiny scars. "Maybe that was mites. I didn't ask them."
The Heretek's mechatendrils shiver as his cogitators pivot around this more literal explanation. "A just conclusion. Mutant sand fleas and desert flies capable of aggressive phage behavior. Best practice is to wear sealed helmet."


Listening patiently to the suggestions of the warband, Osseus is not convinced that Vyr is the correct priority. "Affirmative, water is power on this planet. A fact that the priest-kings leverage to maintain dominance. Conclusion: to control water on Vaporius demands we conquer it completely, a task with low probability of success in current conditions. Corollary: given prominence of water on Vaporian politics, Vyr will be most powerful city-state. Other cities easier to infiltrate."

Recognizing Walter's original advice as prudent, Osseus partly agrees. "Meh'phi and Atar are cities with highest cross-probability of transit survival and successful infiltration. Imperial antagonism will fail if these initial parameters are not met."

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020



Savorsk the Depraved Shadow

“I'm confident I can get us to any city on the map, whether following roads or going across the desert. Just decide where we will go comrades. However I concur with Osseus's findings. We should gather our power before making any major moves on this world."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Dromedar

It was inevitable that there would be no quick and easy agreement on their course of action. Making a beeline for Vyr was unwise and would hamper their goals in the long term. The consensus seemed to be to get there, but by way of another city.

"If we are to make a lesser city our destination first, my choice would be Atar. The wind gems seem to be especially prized on and off world, if we can trust our companion's recall. They would make valuable barter for equipment and access. Meh'phi has hunting and glass. With so much sand I can't see glass being especially valuable, and we would make short work of any hunt, perhaps at the ire of other hunters."

Xun
Apr 25, 2010



Iphis
Iphis sighs and shakes her head "In any case, I don't think going to Iheb is a good idea. All it's going to do is to put ourselves in a nicely wrapped up box for the Imperials. Those mountains are dangerous and I don't think we can expect to move much through them. If we insist on going to a minor city, perhaps Atar would be more easy to approach since they clearly trade to offworlders. I still feel going to Vyr would make the most impact"

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020



Xun posted:

Iphis
Iphis sighs and shakes her head "In any case, I don't think going to Iheb is a good idea. All it's going to do is to put ourselves in a nicely wrapped up box for the Imperials. Those mountains are dangerous and I don't think we can expect to move much through them. If we insist on going to a minor city, perhaps Atar would be more easy to approach since they clearly trade to offworlders. I still feel going to Vyr would make the most impact"



Savorsk the Depraved Shadow

“Atar to Vyr is a route I can accept. I still think Iheb has value but it can wait for a later stage of our investigation. Now, let's talk about drawing first blood with the Sisters. Perhaps we can ambush one of their convoys going to or from one of the cities after we've made contact with the locals?"

Waci
May 30, 2011


Werix posted:

Jamie Ingor/Flavus Ursis
Doing FL lore pirates to see if I know of any pirate ships or groups that maybe stop here we can use to run us supplies until the ritual circle is done. I got a 48 against a 60, which is 3 dos I think?
FL pirates at 60: 1d100 48

You remember that Vaporius gets relatively little pirate traffic compared to most of the expanse, mostly due to the general lack of supplies (looking around, you can easily imagine why it's hardly the number one watering hole in the Expanse) and due to many ships avoiding the entire region of space due to often violent xenos activity, though you've never heard the latter be explicitly connected to Vaporius. Those that do restock from Vaporius usually do so motivated by an absence of better options rather by any particular appeal the planet itself has, but you've heard of Lahn'dan, Atar, and Nad Halan as city-states where negotiating supplies enough to restock a voidship is at least sometimes possible.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jamie Ingor/Flavus Ursis

Jamie recalls Imperial recon reports and interrogations from captured pirates and smugglers they read in preparation for the cover assignment. Vaporius really is a work with little outside contact. "While I think Vyr is too big a target and the linchpin of ultimately controlling the whole area, I would agree that Atar might make a good initial target for infiltration and gathering intel. From what I remember of my pirate days this world is rarely discussed, though some pirates did mention occasionally trading for goods when things were desperate. I do recall vaguely Atar having been mentioned. It may allow us to bump shoulders with some pirates or traders that could provide material assistance. We also may not look out of place there either."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013



Pillbug


Walter Irons

"Atar, okay. Sounds like a plan. We mounting up?"

Despite the question, Walter is already climbing into the Rhino. Clearly he has no insights to provide to any ongoing strategy discussion.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion




Dedjazil


Dedjazil vomits rather profusely over the edge of a nearby ridge before returning to the discussion among the other members of the warband. "My apologies, I spent 36 of the last 72 hours in a rather impressive display of intoxication. I memorized the briefing package, but, well." She clears her throat. "I agree with Atar. Not too large, trade-based enough to be welcoming and possibly to provide some inroads. More importantly, we'll be able to get some information from local sources if we're discrete."

lore: 1d100 57
no success on lore unless there's some kind of bonus on it


pre:
Name: Dedjazil
Race: Human
Career: Psyker
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Regret
Motivation: Perfection
Alignment: Tzeentch


Characteristics 
total = base + pbuy + advance + arch + pride + disg + mot
WS	: 35 = 25 + 10 +    
BS	: 22 = 25 + 00 +    - 03
S	: 20 = 25 + 00 +    - 05
T	: 22 = 25 + 00 +    - 03
AG	: 40 = 25 + 15 +    
INT	: 45 = 25 + 20 +    
PER	: 45 = 25 + 20 +    
WP	: 60 = 25 + 20 + 05 + 05 + 05 
FEL	: 40 = 25 + 15 +    

Infamy: 24
Corruption:  
 Khorne   :  
 Nurgle   :  
 Slaanesh :  
 Tzeentch :  8
 Scorn:      
 
Wounds: 13
Initiative: 1d10+4


Skills:
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex, Vaporius), 
Linguistics (Low Gothic), 
Trade (Q'sallian Lawyer) 
Awareness, 
Psyniscience, 
Forbidden Lore (Psykers), 
Deceive, 
Dodge
Charm

Talents:
 Jaded, 
 Weapon Training (Primary), Weapon Training (Las)
 Warp Sense 

Traits:
 The Quick and The Dead
 Psyker - Delta Rank

Mutations:


Gear:
Common Craftsmanship Laspistol, Good Craftsmanship Sword 
Flak Cloak, Psy-focus, dataslate filled with arcane lore

Acquisitions:
Warp Staff (-30 ex rare +10 single +10 scavenged)
Tarnor Mimic Mask (-20 v rare +10 single)

Powers:
(500 free)
Thought Sending
Delude
Compel
Precognition

Glimpse           
Mind Probe
Doombolt          

Advancements (950/1000):
Glimpse                   100
Mind Probe	          200
Doombolt                  200
Charm +0                  200
WP +5                     250

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 2, 2021

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil


Aristotle



Aristotle eyes the yawning rear hatch of the Rhino and the cramped, dark interior within apprehensively. "M-Maybe I ride on top?"


But It's Dark In Dere! vs 30: 1d100 42

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Dromedar

"If you wish, ogryn. I will also ride on the roof. Benefits of assault training, I supppse. Rapid response."

With a quick stuttering cough the champion's jump pack alit and carried him to the top of the rhino. Though it wouldn't help much in the mountains the commanding view would help him spot anything of interest once they hit the sands. Ideally before they were spotted, of course.

He turned his gaze down to the miserable creature currently retching.

"Compose yourself, witch. The rest of us have discipline enough to restrain ourselves. Make an effort."

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 4, 2021

Waci
May 30, 2011


A tentative destination in mind you pack into the Rhino, your circumstances significantly improved by the two bulkiest people both riding on the roof. You make your way out of the mountains and after a couple of hours reach more even terrain, finally allowing you to pick up speed. The occasional ridge or outcrop are the only deviations in your nigh-rulerlike course to Atar.



Nine hours later you see something other than sand and rocks in the distance. Farms and quarries dot the landscape around Atar, and even in the dark you see people at work. Carts are loaded and unloaded, fields tended, and rocks mined by the light of torches and flickers of psychic power. To Dedjazil the glimmering lights appear weak but impressively stable. Eventually you are left slowly circling around a smooth sandstone wall speckled with small, stained glass windows until you merge with what passes for a road. The path leads into the desert in a slightly different direction than you came from, and you join a scattered line of other travelers awaiting entry into Atar.

An armoured personnel carrier attracts some curious glances in a queue mostly containing wagons and carts pulled by draft animals, but you soon realise that while the locals do glance your way every now and then, most of the outright gawking comes from others in the queue. As your turn in what has now become recognisable as a customs queue approaches, one of the guards leaves his post for a moment. He returns a few minutes later, gesturing towards you and explaining something to the woman following him. Wearing identical shimmering glass scale mail over slightly more elaborate robes than the other guards, she waves the other guard off to his visible relief before walking over to the side of your Rhino.

She knocks on the side door and peeks in when you open it, holding out a scroll and a dip pen. "We will need names and state of origin or affiliation for each of you, as well as a list of all cargo that could be considered hazardous, psy-active, applicable for combat use, or which is intended to be sold, traded, or gifted within Atar. If you have a sponsor within the city, please mark them on line 8-A and attach the associated invitation statement. If you have a translator with you, please identify them on line 87-D or 87-E, whichever is applicable." Her Gothic is accented but obviously practised, and intelligible to you unlike the bits of the local tongue you had overheard so far. She takes a longer look at your group and digs up another pair of scrolls. Gesturing with them towards Dedjazil and Iphis, she continues in the calm tone of business as usual. "We will also need a declaration of competence and statement of intent from you two."

Not everyone needs to post for this scene, I'll move you guys along either later tonight or tomorrow, but someone should come up with a general idea of what is your officially stated reason for being here. You are somewhat conspicuous and while the occasional presence of other outsiders means you'll have an easier time getting by, it does also mean there's a chance of being seen by someone who might have an idea of what Chaos Warband as an affiliation means.

Waci fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 4, 2021

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013



Pillbug


Walter Irons

Walter fidgets uncomfortably in the hollow silence that follows the stop. He'd been under the impression that everyone else had some kind of plan. That was how things were supposed to go, in his experience; somebody pointed him in a direction and he killed things until they were satisfied. He clears his throat and whispers, "Uh... we could tell them we're... mercenaries? We have a lot of weapons and stuff."

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020





Savosk the Depraved Shadow

“My name is Savosk. Those with me are offworlders seeking an audience with the town eldars. I will let one of my companions fill out the customs forms as I am merely the driver and part of their security detail. How would one go about arranging such an audience?"

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 6, 2021

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead








Osseus 49/9-Z

"I am called Osseus Forty-nine-nine-zed, deputized in Koronus Sector to pursue religious extremist wanted for crimes in multiple systems. Conjecture: extremist may not have visited Atar, but ethical imperative dictates that local population be informed of danger." The heretek is aware of his strange diction, and makes extra effort to use words that might be only partially understood by the non-native speaker. Gesturing to his web blaster and various nonlethal grenades, "visual inspection will confirm that these weapons are less lethal, intended for live capture of antagonists."

Looking at the customs scroll written in unfamiliar script, he adds, "Query: is written or binaric lexicon available to assist completion of identification form? Language barrier persists."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion




Dedjazil

Dedjazil steps up, takes the stack of forms, and gives her most winning smile. "What my colleagues mean to say is that, barring whichever minor, personal objectives they may choose to pursue, our mission is economic in nature. We are here on behalf of our client to offer the wondrous opportunity of trade to the fine artisans and purveyors of Atar." Immediately getting to work with the pen, she fills in "Bonded Representative, Aethelbrach, Koro'malar, and [[[[*]]]] (using the non-damaging form), on Behalf of Client."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Dromedar

Shying from any challenge, no matter how mundane, was not done. A quick hop down and Dromedar landed on the sand near the 'sentries'. He towered above them but his bearing wasn't confrontational. These weren't warriors to battle. They were clerks collating a list and little else.

"I am Dromedar, offworlder and contracted to the buyer as a warrior and guard. My weapons and armor are my trade and I hide none of them. Will that suffice for your list?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jamie Ingor/Flavus Ursis

Filling out standard forms was something both Jamie and Flavus both had experience with. He grabs the form and goes over it filling it out with an air of boredom. While Flavus fills out the form, he addresses the guard directly, "Yes, we are here representing an off world party who has interest in establishing trade and service relations. we're here to see if this world has any goods worth export or things needed for import. These large fellows are protection, and interested in freelance protection work. I'm sure you all have issues with raiders."

Flavus holds the completed form out to the guards while staring past them to see if there is anything interesting.

I know from the discord wiege is doing a charm or deceive roll so I'm throwing him a +10 assist.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil


Aristotle



Cradling his cannon in his arms, Aristotle make no move to disembark from the Rhino. Even without cranking his cogitator, he was smart enough to know he was more likely to be a hindrance than a help in these discussions. Instead, he gives a non-committal grunt and turns to watch the other traders pass.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010



Iphis

Iphis nods to the customs agent. "I am Iphis Rodier Vesci. I am a chef here to research local cuisines and specialty ingredients while serving as this groups cook." She pauses and then adds [b]"I have heard that there are many with a..psychic persuation on this planet. I would also be interested in learning from them."

Waci
May 30, 2011


“I see, a trade delegation with a security detail and additional information to present to the government then.” She skims through the forms you have filled as she continues. “I will ask someone to pass word upwards that you wish to discuss matters of trade with someone higher up before starting, as well as to bring word of matters of security to them. The trade regulation folks usually appreciate people asking first and acting later, so I suspect they’ll be willing to meet with you soon enough.” She hands you a small set of papers with identical stamps on them, explaining that during your current stay they’ll let you pass through the gates with less trouble in the future. As you get ready to move on she takes another long look at your Rhino. “You might want to find somewhere to leave that thing though, it might fit on some of the larger streets and market roads but no chance are you getting it through most of the city. If you go west from here along the wall, you should end up at a caravanserai that sometimes deals with off-worlders, you might be able to find a place to keep it there.” With that the guard waves you through, and as you leave you see the junior guards quizzing their leader about what they had just seen.



You make your way through the city, navigating streets clearly not designed to accommodate vehicles the size of yours, and eventually reach the caravanserai. A visibly surprised but equally eager to do business man introduces himself in somewhat broken High Gothic and starts cheerfully describing different options available to you while a servant hands Savorsk a set of ward-keys needed to unseal the stables your Rhino was parked in. With your Rhino securely stabled the innkeeper launches into an excited barrage of questions, eager to fulfill - and be paid for - your every need. How long would you be staying? Would you need servants quarters in addition to your rooms? Banquet halls? Warehouses? Facilities within or outside the city? Introductions to renowned professionals or local luminaries in this or that field, or services of any local personnel - of only the highest skill, naturally?

You eventually settle the details sufficiently at least for your immediate needs, and after perhaps a brief break to discuss your plans you continue on your way. Traversing a pre-automotive city on foot proves far easier than doing so on a Rhino, and the amount of time you feel the eyes of curious onlookers burning into your backs drops drastically as well. Between a pair of astartes, an ogryn, and two tech-priests you still attract a plenty of curious glances, but few people linger to spectate as you pass by.

When you reach the local Chamber of Commerce, the building serving as a fortunately convenient landmark in itself, you are greeted by a young man clearly trying his best to look serious and professional. “Welcome, esteemed visitors. We were informed an off-world trade delegation had arrived and would need either translator services or the Rite of Merging Streams, as well as an audience with government representatives qualified to discuss potential trade with local businesses as well as matters of security.” The clerk tries and fails to hide his uncertainty over the last part, but continues with greater confidence. “Both of these are easily arranged, of course. Please follow me, refreshments can be provided while you wait.”



You are guided through what is recognisably a busy administrative building to a smaller but rather comfortable lobby. “Once you have decided which approach to translation you would prefer, please let us know. On this scale the rite can be arranged very quickly, though competent translators can also be found without great expense.” The clerk asks you to please wait here while he informs his superiors of your arrival, jumping through conspicuously many hoops to try to assure you your presence in Atar is greatly valued. Servants set down trays of food and drinks you do not recognise to keep you occupied while you wait as the clerk apologises once more before leaving you alone in the room.

A while passes before the clerk returns, apologising once again for the wait before waving in five more people. The clerk facilitates introductions between the two groups before guiding you all into a sitting room, interpreting for the majority of the group. Rather more lavish than what most of you are used to, you take your seats and notice some of the furniture subtly adjusting to your varied physiques. Once you are seated, the woman introduced to you as the Chancellor of Commerce, Her Highness Princess Malihe speaks. “Allow me to welcome you to Atar on behalf of my family as well. Now, before we get into the details of your business here, I am told there were multiple matters you wished to bring to our attention?” Dressed in elaborate, shimmering robes that flutter gently in the comforting breeze that surrounds her even indoors, she looks at you with not hostility but the tired annoyance of someone whose workday just got extended at short notice.

Feel free to retroactively have made requests, demands, or decisions for your housing before you moved on. Similarly, if you come to a consensus about whether to try to find human translators or to participate in an unfamiliar ritual that locals have implied fulfils the same purpose, feel free to have informed the clerk of your preference before the meeting started.

Waci fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 6, 2021

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020





Savosk the Depraved Shadow

“Your people are quite interesting. Human, but not quite. Beautiful even, but inhumanely so. I wonder the origin of your other half. Perhaps the eldar have visited this place? I've certainly seen enough Eldar die up close that I remember their eyes. But what do I know? Maybe it is another form of mutation endemic to this planet." Savosk says, letting the words linger in the air for a while before continuing on.

"We come in peace but prepared for war because the Imperium of Man is on this world. They court you in the hopes of bringing this world into compliance peacefully, that is to say incorporated into their vast empire. But the Imperium is xenophobic and hateful of anyone that is not fully human, or an approved "abhuman" variation of the species. I've noticed the shape of your eyes and ears and its pretty obvious to me your people would fall under the abhuman category. Psychic abhumans to boot, since it seems everyone in this city, let alone the world, has some measure of psychic talent. This means a death sentence for not just the people of Atar, but the people of Vaporius itself as your world is known in my tongue. Once the Imperium knows what you truly are, there are a couple of possibilities. One is that they will cease their current approach and send for the Black Ships. These ships will come, supported by the full might of the Imperium's military, to harvest your population of all viable psykers. The strongest will serve the Imperium, the weak will be sacrificed to the Emperor of Mankind, the most powerful human once in existance, now a carrion corpse kept alive by artificial means and worshipped as a God by an ignorant, fearful, and close minded populace. And that is if they are feeling charitable and pragmatic.

Most likely, once the extent of the "taint", yes "taint", for that is how they view your gifts. Ahem. Once the Imperial missionaries realize the extent of the taint of the psyker on this world, the mission will change from compliance to genocide. Your people will be shot, burned, melta'd, and bombed into oblivion. And all that will be left of you and your kind will be dust and memories

This is the first and gravest matter we wished to bring to your attention."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013



Pillbug


Walter Irons

Having quietly followed along and acquiesced to the majority opinion on the Rite of Merging Streams, Walter has managed to mostly fade into the background despite being terrifyingly well-armed. While Savorsk speaks, Walter sits quietly in a chair off to one side, slowly chewing on a piece of bread. After a while a quizzical look appears on his face. He pulls out his badly dogeared and mutilated Guardsman's Primer and starts paging toward the parts about identifying xenos. Still chewing, he squints back and forth between the book and the locals' features.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jamie Ingor/Flavus Ursis

After the desert expanse, Jamie finds the beauty of Atar proper breath-taking. They'd never quite seen anything like it. Most of their missions involved hive cities; amazing technical marvels but really disgusting edifices. The city, as well as the people, have a beauty to them Jamie had never known in their time in the Progenium or elsewhere. They were quite taken aback even in the customs house. When the clerk asked about the rite of Merging, Jamie froze. The hypno-orthoproxy procedures should keep them safe from discovery, but the more they could avoid mental psychic intrusion, the better.

Flavus bows to the lowly bureaucrat, "I thank you for the offer of this Rite of Merging, but important trade secrets I have to keep safe, you understand," he says with a wink and a tap at his forehead. "Please provide it to whomever else among the group is willing, but I would kindly request an interpreter. In fact, your gothic is not terrible, and I would even be pleased with your services." With that said, Flavus samples some of the food on offer, realizing he'd probably mostly be stuck eating the horrid rations in the back of the rhino for most of the mission.

When Princess Malihe and the interpreter arrive, Flavus gives a small respectful bow. Before he can begin to regal the official, Savosk goes on, it what was the biggest display of giant, ceremite covered boot in mouth Flavus had seen in awhile. Of course an astartes would not know tact or guile if it had hazard stripes painted on it. Flavus immediately grabs the Chaos tome at his side and flips it open like he is reading something in the hope the locals don't see the look on his face. As Savosk goes on, Flavus gets a good idea. Fear is one of the most useful tools, but there is a subtle way to use it. People tend to pay more attention to the things you try to hide, than not. He just needed to contradict the Astartes, make it look like he misspoke, and that will really get the locals interested.

And he had to do it without getting killed by the Astartes.

As Savosk finishes Flavus closes the book, and steps forward, giving the Marine a pat on the back. "Thank you for that Savosk," he then turned and stared up at the marine, giving him a wink that he hoped the marine interpreted as, "thanks, let me take it from here, and don't kill me for what I am about to say."

He then bows, "Lady Malihe, I am pleased to make your acquaintance," he pauses to allow the interpreter to speak, and then proceeds in small sentences that the interpreter can parse. "I am Flavus Ursis, and me and this trade delegation represent off world interests. My associate Savosk there was a little imaginative there. He has a bit of a grudge against the Imperium, and will tell it to everyone who listens. He is right, the Imperium views all worlds as theirs and regularly uses force to capture worlds. However, you seem a peaceful people and likely have no reason to fear direct hostilities. And all that stuff about 'Black Ships' coming is absurd. Black Ships that carry away psykers are nothing but rumors, I assure you. However, Savosk is right, your people's ability to self govern is at risk. They will not stop with the Mission, so long as your world can be exploited."

Flavus then glances back, to make sure the Marine wasn't about to bisect him with that power sword he had seen earlier. "We represent some forces that, like yourselves, have remained free from the Imperium's grasp. We think such free peoples need to work together to maintain such freedom. We don't ask you to get involved in our struggles, but we are sure you have goods we could use, and we could bring you many off world wonders, and no need to establish religious missions either."

Flavus bows again, and steps back.

Going to roll SL Bureaucracy to try and glean some insights on their system judging from the forms and interactions:

SL bureaucracy at 50: 1d100 16

Also going to roll to deceive them to make them think some of what Savosk said is a lie.

lie about how horrible imperium is at 70: 1d100 72

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020





Savosk the Depraved Shadow

“Rumors? Rumors!? I have been alive for 10,000 years, 1,000 of those years spent in real space fighting. I have fought countless campaigns for the Imperium during the Great Crusade and against them during this Long War to overthrow the Imperium. How dare you deem to know what is conjecture and what is fact you insolent little worm? Foolish, ignorant, fragile mortal!!!"

The big man is clearly not happy but allows himself to be distracted. "Oh good the refreshments have arrived. I am hungry." He takes off his helmet and maglocks it to his armor, revealing a pale white face with piercing green eyes. He begins shoveling food into his maw with his powered armoured gauntlets.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Dromedar

"Peace, Savosk. The time for rage will come another time."

That was something Dromedar knew in his soul. He had a fire burning deep in his black soul but he knew when to let it blaze and when to let it stoke. Now was a time for negotiations and diplomacy.

"Your Highness, you honor us all with your presence and I thank you for allowing this meeting. It is true we all bear grudges against the Imperium to one extent or another. Some of us have been cut deeper than others. But Savosk is not lying about the Black Ships. All across the galaxy, those touched by the warp are found and taken to 'holy' terra and are fed to their corpse god to keep some semblance of vitality about it. Such people are called witches by the ignorant. It's said that there is a group of the Adeptus Sororitas among the Imperial delegation. They themselves are among the Imperium's so-called witch hunters of the emperor's Inquisition."

There was far more to say but overwhelming the Vaporians right up front was probably going to gave the opposite effect they desired. Confusion was not the ideal outcome right now. Concern and a willingness to hear more, or ask for proof, was most likely the best course of action. Proof was something that could be gotten easily. Or created out of whole cloth just as easily...

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020





Savosk the Depraved Shadow

"You are right cousin. I apologize for my outburst." Savosk says as he continues munching on the food. "You really should load up on these foodstuffs. Who knows when we will get to eat this well again. It certainly beats nutrient paste. My compliments to the chef."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion




Dedjazil


"While I would not have put it quite as dramatically as my companion,", says Dedjazil from her chair, "the fact that the Imperium is here does mean that your people are in danger." Pondering the best way to break bad news, she continues, "I don't know precisely what capabilities they have brought with them beyond the standard Mission. I'm told that a rogue trader brought them here -- which is not good for you, as they often carry a special kind of enslaved telepath, who can communicate over very long distances. Vaporius is not close to their borders, but it is also not far away." She shrugs. "Where we desire trade, they desire dominion. They will take anyone too weak to resist, kill everyone who they cannot take. It is always the same. They think their god gave everything to them."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply