Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Traveling back home today by the way - still not seeing Shell but yeah Shell take a stand and make a vote for goodness sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

Not really sure why me voting or not voting right now is even a point, given that half the game wasn't voting anyway until, like, three messages ago. But hey, gotta grasp those straws.

I'll hold my vote until I see something I want to vote. I wanted a bit more elaboration on Circlr's case before voting or not voting him, which hasn't happened, and at this point Tobbs has become just a "hey, let's vote Tobbs?" thing. Bif would be my vote, but given I am the only one who sees her, I'm not thrasing my vote like that.

Don't be confused - I hope my flip doesn't screw with us too much. But since that's where we are heading, anyway, I'm not going to make it easy for scum. I want my flip to be informative, so you'll need to go the full way for it. And I am not voting someone at random just to save my own rear end.

Shell keeps making this really weird mix of snide comments about me, calling my active play "grasping at straws" while also acting all "oh but if I am the lunch I peacefully accept it" and it is driving me batty.

She says she won't vote someone "at random" yet acts like she has a perfect person to vote right here, cause she thinks I'm scum! But oh, she won't actually act on it, cause she's the only one who sees it.

If you want your flip to be informative, Shell, you should be standing by your held opinions even if no one agrees.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Popping in during my lunch to say work has been rough the last few days, I'll be on at/around deadline.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Looking back at Circl I feel more confident here. This instance where Circl just completely changes his read because he's told he won't have to hammer merk (afraid of looking scummy?)

CirclMastr posted:

Honestly I'm leaning town on both merk and Dex, and I don't want to hammer either of them.

Bif says she'll hammer instead of him:

CirclMastr posted:

Sure.

##vote merk

Also what I commented on earlier, Tom's case is good too. I feel like Circl has looked a lot scummier overall then Shell.

##vote Circl

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Agreed! Maer are you the shopkeep bp giver?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Tom Tucker posted:

Traveling back home today by the way - still not seeing Shell but yeah Shell take a stand and make a vote for goodness sake

Alright, you're right, enough of having my head up my rear end. Things aren't going to move much if at all before I leave for the night, so.

##vote Circlr

I like the Circlr case. I am not 100% sure on him, but I realized something that kinda irked me, and at this point, it's as good as anything I have.

CirclMastr posted:

With so much blocking and so many failed actions, I don't think it's fair to assume that Maer has successfully passed out a vest every night or that a vest stopped a kill unless that's claimed. Especially if there's some kind of bus driver that redirects things like the Loved thing.

Circlr thought Maer's action was a night action, when the day earlier it was discussed it was not. There is an unclaimed thing blocking the itwm giving to Maer that, per Hal, was not on me. So, supposing Hal's telling the truth (and as I said, I don't think Hal's lying) I'll assume the mixup was on Maer's side. Why would anyone target Maer? She has no night actions to be accounted for, and nobody has admitted to blocking her (nor me, nor Hal) which would be an actually good pro-town move to claim since the NK was absent. Whatever stopped my action was a scum power.

So that's what I see, that's where I can stand. I may be wrong, but then again I have been so consistently this game, so. There goes nothing.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Maerlyn posted:

Looking back at Circl I feel more confident here. This instance where Circl just completely changes his read because he's told he won't have to hammer merk (afraid of looking scummy?)

Bif says she'll hammer instead of him:

Also what I commented on earlier, Tom's case is good too. I feel like Circl has looked a lot scummier overall then Shell.

##vote Circl

Also, lol, somehow missed this vote shenanigan (again, not being around at deadlines kind of sucks). I do agree, this tandem here looks rather bad.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

And once again town has been pushed toward a fellow town instead the scum Tobbs who everyone is apparently "fine" voting but never does.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CirclMastr posted:

And once again town has been pushed toward a fellow town instead the scum Tobbs who everyone is apparently "fine" voting but never does.

Were you there at deadline last time? I think it was Bif, Grandi, Hal, and Dex on me. Not that my town flip would have made much of a difference. Maybe instead of whining about it, be there to do something about it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also as far as I can tell your case on me is that Bif and I are scumbros? It's no secret we're in a masonry.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also I'll be surprised if there isn't another last minute (almost literally) swing onto me, and we'll miss dunking scum again.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Tom Tucker posted:

Agreed! Maer are you the shopkeep bp giver?

Yes.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

Bifauxnen posted:

Any particular reason to not mention Shell at all

Those 3 are higher than me. I am not opposed to Shell, just not top candidate(s)

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh man I forgot about Dex, still nothing that makes me feel good about Dex!

It's that evil pony avatar.

But also like nothing is shifting my opinions here, so I am in a 'I have my picks' and like, either I am wrong or right but nothing earthshattering is happening here

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Deadline's in about 3 hours so we need to make a decision sooner rather than later

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

It looks like Circl is -1 (I hadn't looked at votefinder).

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I like Circl the best here so I don't really want to move my vote

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

So someone should hammer and like, end this suffering of indecision

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Still plenty of time for another almost last minute switch to Tobbs

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Yea, well, the two people voting Tobbs are on my scum list, so its making me doubt scum Tobbs

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I could see Circl maybe being town, but him just sitting on Tobbs no matter what instead of considering Shell one tiny bit is kind of annoying.

Just went to check and he hasn't even mentioned her or reacted to the case at all, just had her rated as town on an earlier Lumpenlist. No elaboration as to why, no comment at all on whether that's still the case after all the points I've made or Hal's night action stuff about her.

Hey Circl are you even around? If it's not you AND it's not Shell and you don't want Tobbs to get away again, you better come and be around to actually engage this time at deadline if you don't want me to hammer you

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am here.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know if Shell is town but obviously I'm more willing to vote her than myself, since I know for sure I'm town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CirclMastr posted:

I don't know if Shell is town but obviously I'm more willing to vote her than myself, since I know for sure I'm town.

Ok but have you had like,any reaction at all to all that stuff I was saying about her

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Circl, if you vote Shell then the power is in my hands. I get to be the deciding vote!
I've been checked out all day, but that power would flow through me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Has anything been further elaborated on the Circl case, or is it still what Tom put together at beginning of day?
Look like shell hopped on for self preservation?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bif I get your half of the Shell stuff, I looked back at it and I see her trying to put facts to a narrative, but it feels like a being in Bif's crosshairs vibe, she responded well to that pressure.
I'm trying to decide if a scum shell would declare that her action failed last night. I think even a scum Shell wouldn't have claimed that unless it actually happened.
Scum shell could have had a failed action if she attacked Tom's target, so Shell claimed a different target instead so it wasn't her essentially declaring that she was unable to kill last night.
And since she has a verifiable night action, and no item was dispensed last night, she had to have an alibi.

Maybe the idea was that Shell would claim she gave the item to the kill target and that's where it went, and when there was no kill she panicked? That fits logically, but I'm not sure if I believe that it's the case.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok but have you had like,any reaction at all to all that stuff I was saying about her

I think what you said about her today is not as strong as what you said about Tobbs yesterday. Every time there's a push on Tobbs, it's deflected. I brought that up today, Tobbs jumps on to post three times in a row to get the push back onto me. Not defending their actions, just attacking others. What have they done all game to come off as townie? They fullclaim in a way that doesn't contradict the mason doc they've apparently been part of for what, the whole game? Most of it? (I can't remember because my brain doesn't work.) But you yourself think there's scum in the masonry by now, so "being part of masonry" shouldn't be a defense.

Sandicap posted:

Has anything been further elaborated on the Circl case, or is it still what Tom put together at beginning of day?
Look like shell hopped on for self preservation?

The case against me is literally just "didn't think scum doc was a thing" and "remembers things incorrectly". The latter due to cognitive impairment and the former due to inexperience.

Oh yeah and "didn't want to hammer someone he thought was town, but still voted to prevent a no-lunch." That's apparently also scummy?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandicap posted:

Bif I get your half of the Shell stuff, I looked back at it and I see her trying to put facts to a narrative, but it feels like a being in Bif's crosshairs vibe, she responded well to that pressure.
I'm trying to decide if a scum shell would declare that her action failed last night. I think even a scum Shell wouldn't have claimed that unless it actually happened.
Scum shell could have had a failed action if she attacked Tom's target, so Shell claimed a different target instead so it wasn't her essentially declaring that she was unable to kill last night.
And since she has a verifiable night action, and no item was dispensed last night, she had to have an alibi.

Maybe the idea was that Shell would claim she gave the item to the kill target and that's where it went, and when there was no kill she panicked? That fits logically, but I'm not sure if I believe that it's the case.

Why not?

If Shell is scum, she's been announcing her role since the start and has to continue to report something to not look sus. If a scum Shell had her action fail, why not just come out with it? Except she wasn't expecting the Hal wrinkle.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CirclMastr posted:

I think what you said about her today is not as strong as what you said about Tobbs yesterday. Every time there's a push on Tobbs, it's deflected. I brought that up today, Tobbs jumps on to post three times in a row to get the push back onto me. Not defending their actions, just attacking others. What have they done all game to come off as townie? They fullclaim in a way that doesn't contradict the mason doc they've apparently been part of for what, the whole game? Most of it? (I can't remember because my brain doesn't work.) But you yourself think there's scum in the masonry by now, so "being part of masonry" shouldn't be a defense.

It's not. I do still suspect Tobbs. I just really feel strongly about Shell today and have more of a "I could be wrong here" feeling about Tobbs.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Why not?

If Shell is scum, she's been announcing her role since the start and has to continue to report something to not look sus. If a scum Shell had her action fail, why not just come out with it? Except she wasn't expecting the Hal wrinkle.

So why send her to do the kill? I have questions about the why, but I think it's still the right vote out of the two.
I really want a tobbs swing though.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

gently caress it, I've been reading them both and my eyes keep glazing over. I'm not in the deep dive headspace right now.

##vote shellception

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Grandi leaning to Shell makes me suspect Circl is correct

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

As in that since I feel sus over Grandi, Circl is scum and Shell is the town, lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dexanth posted:

Grandi leaning to Shell makes me suspect Circl is correct

I am eternally trapped in a loop of thinking someone looks sus for denying my awesome case, then thinking they look sus for suddenly agreeing with me.

I'm forcibly suppressing it today to focus on Shell looking scummy.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Well I know I'm town. And I don't see a sudden swing to Tobbs happening.

##vote Shell

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

:redhammer:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:rip: Shellception, The Enchantress (Town-Aligned Inventor) was lunched Day 6. :rip:

quote:

At night, you can give out an item. You can give out one of the following:

Identification Charm (1-Shot Voyeur)
Scrying Lens (1-Shot Watch)
Attuned Compass (1-Shot Track)

You have no limit to the Items you can give out but cannot use them yourself. You must give out all 3 Items before being allowed to give out a duplicate for an existing item.

Your goal is to get rid of all those who would threaten the town.

---

It is now Night 6.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Dec 4, 2021

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Shellception (5): Bifauxnen, Hal Insandenza, Tobbs Gnawed, Sandicap, CirclMastr
CirclMastr (4): Tom Tucker, Dexanth, Maerlyn, Shellception
Sandicap (0): Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, Dexanth, Dexanth, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Sandicap, CirclMastr, Sandicap, CirclMastr

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 04th, 2021 at 4 a.m. CET -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:rip: CirclMastr, The Court Wizard (Town-Aligned JOAT) was killed Night 6. :rip:

quote:

At night, you can do one of the following actions:

1-Shot Doctor
1-Shot Voyeur
1-Shot Roleblock

After you have spent all abilities, you will recharge an ability at random.

:rip: Dexanth, The Maid (Town-Aligned Empowerer) was killed Night 6. :rip:

quote:

At night, you can assist a player, making sure their ability succeeds.

---

It is now Day 7.