Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’d much rather voyage psycho for a day and a couple nights or one of the other likely scum so you could work out who the others are without worrying about psycho siding with the scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

X to doubt.

##vote Hal

:ghost: see you soon

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Hal Insandenza (6): PsychoSoldier, NeverHelm, Ignatius M. Meen, CapitalistPig, Sandwolf, Grandicap
Ignatius M. Meen (1): Nep-Nep, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Nep-Nep (1): CirclMastr
PsychoSoldier (0): CirclMastr, CirclMastr, CirclMastr, CirclMastr
CirclMastr (0): CirclMastr, CirclMastr

Not Voting (3): Cloacamazing!, Hal Insandenza, Hyper Crab Tank

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 18th, 2022 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:rip: Hal Insandenza, Duke Skaya (Town-Aligned Admiral) was killed Day 5. :rip:

quote:

You are the Kingdom’s Admiral and have full control of its vast fleets.

During the day, you may declare a ##Voyage targeting you and up to one more player, taking them to the open sea at the end of the day.

That night, and the day and night afterwards, you (and your passengers) are temporarily removed from the game. You cannot be targeted by anything including votes (and you will not count towards the living player total during that time). You can still talk.

Afterwards, you are added back into the game as normal.

You can use this ability once per game.

Your goal is to get rid of all evildoers.

---

It is now Night 5. No Lurker warnings due to early hammer.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:rip: Nep-Nep, Maribelle Nerielle (Town-Aligned Baroness) was killed Night 5. :rip:

quote:

You are the baroness of a minor noble house. Happily married, you recently were given a noble title thanks to your daughter’s achievements.

Oh dear, your daughter. Recently she has been acting very weird, and you’ve started to worry. But surely, it will be fine.

You can talk to the rest of your family at any time. You know that your husband Neverhelm is Town, but you are unsure about your daughter’s alignment.

Your goal is to get rid of all evildoers.

---

It is now Day 6.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 16, 2022

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I hate that we early hammered again. Kind of surprised Hal didn't use his action to save himself, and also lol at the homonculus lie.

Our masonry is getting whittled down which is sad.

I scanned CPig again. Gave it to Never. We have a target in mind but gonna wait before I announce it.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
All right, Grandi and CirclMastr, you're the ones with night actions. What have y'all been up to?

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Geez guys, that was barely six hours until hammer! I know I was on board with it too but we could at least give people some time to discuss.

That flip sucks, but at least you guys have 100% confirmation of me as town now!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Does this confirm Cpig, too? What about PsychoSoldier? I feel like with all these flips there are very few places left scum could be hiding.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

1 ##open shop

Was starting to worry about Nep with how fast hammer was organized, but since she was killed very suspicious of Grandicap. Sandwolf still mystery, read depend on what happen with CPig result on me.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I also got a pet last night(I'm assuming someone gave it to me other than Meen)

CPig
Circl
Cloacamazing
Grandi
HCT
Meen/Sand

There's still(I'm assuming) 3 wolves in there. Considering CPig, we have confirmation that his role is at least legit. Same with HCT and Cloacamazing and Grandi, especially since Wind flipped the night after no kill happened and she was jailed. Circl's info has at least been legit so semi-confirmed as of now. And we know Meen/Sand are legit giving items, we just don't know the full parameters.

If we trust CPig's info, we can trust Sand, and Meen is just a wolf or a 3p threat. I still have reservations on that slot for reasons, but I also don't really feel like Meen has bothered to get into the game and has largely just been following the vote trends(I'd have to verify).

HCT still has a role that I find really low utility for scum and I think isn't really likely to be 3p. My analyze info is incomplete, so there could be more to his role that offsets that, but overall it just doesn't seem right.

I don't really think there was any discernible strategy behind Grandi stopping the kill on Wind, and I don't think we've had any claims implying someone else used a protective or other kind of roleblock that same night. That and since Hal is town, I doubt Grandi takes the risk of getting killed by the homonculus by hammering. I can see him buying that as an admission and going full bore.

CPig
Circl
Cloacamazing
Meen/Sand

If we trust CPig's info, then it's probably just Circl/Cloacamazing/Meen. If CPig is lying or scum however, then Meen is probably clean. Whether or not he was telling the truth on Sand is a bit hard to decipher, so I'd need to look deeper at dynamics between CPig, Circl, and Cloacamazing. I do feel like if Circl was scum, considering I admitted to targeting Spork, he'd probably just go all in on saying I was the killer and bury me. So...Maybe just CPig, Cloacamazing, Sand?

Which, yeah, if I take that Circl info into play, then It would basically have to be a CPig team. Because I also don't think Circl has that weird little slip-up where he came in trying to bury me but realized he misunderstood the info. That seems like a towny mistake.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Does this confirm Cpig, too? What about PsychoSoldier? I feel like with all these flips there are very few places left scum could be hiding.

I don't think so. I think CPig was painted into a corner where if he didn't claim something true or favorable about me, he risked getting jumped by the masonry which he confirmed and others possibly following along. That and the fact his D4 didn't really feel like he was considering alternatives and panicking at the outed masonry and what it meant for him...like if it's not him, Circl has to be the team or I'm misclearing you or Grandi, and I'm really struggling seeing that as the world.

I'm heavily paranoid that last phase was an attempt to get us off CPig's back and steer this firmly into a scum-sided phase. The fact both Sand and CPig had votes pushing Hal so close to hammer isn't really helping me feel any more comfortable with that.

I could maybe buy that Sand wouldn't do the vote he did, but again, I'm really struggling to see the rest as scum.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

And as much as I've liked Cloacamazing the last couple phases, her role isn't uncommon for scum and after d3 it didn't really seem like she was helping to push the game in any direction. Just kind of part of some mech confirms and such.

And really, if my process of clearing is right...Cloacamazing is just scum, right?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Well, simple process of elimination says the remaining scum have to be in the group CirclMastr, Cloacamazing, Grandicap, Meen, Cpig and Sandwolf, like you said. I don't know if there are three or four in total; three seems too little, but maybe it's outweighed by 3Ps, I don't know.

I would like the people in this group to state what they did last night, first of all.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

##vote Cloacamazing

Full circle from d1. The wolf/threat between Sand/Meen is reliant on CPig's alignment. In a way, Circl is too(in the sense that I'm struggling to believe Circl is town and only world I can see it is if CPig is town). But both worlds have an easy fit for Cloacamazing.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Well, simple process of elimination says the remaining scum have to be in the group CirclMastr, Cloacamazing, Grandicap, Meen, Cpig and Sandwolf, like you said. I don't know if there are three or four in total; three seems too little, but maybe it's outweighed by 3Ps, I don't know.

I would like the people in this group to state what they did last night, first of all.

I fully support this.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I want to know who gave me this pet monster

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

All right, Grandi and CirclMastr, you're the ones with night actions. What have y'all been up to?

Luckily I watched Nep last night! And guess who was the only visitor Nep had? Cloacamazing!

##vote Cloacamazing

##unvote

##vote Cloacamazing

And I am not screwing up my result this time!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Wasn't me, for what it's worth. I've never had a pet, neither from the shop nor has one been given to me. I can't be bothered to go back and check, but I assume you didn't visit the shop yesterday either. Who else even has one to give away?

(Also what the heck was with the homunculus? It was clearly real, but it never did anything, and we don't know where that came from either.)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##open shop

Come on! I’ll give you a potion! Ya don’t even need to use it! I presume you didn’t, btw, NeverHelm? Which is fine, ofc, just curious

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Have no night action. Most action I have is give pet at end of day to anyone who enter shop. No one enter shop, no pets give out, nothing else happen last night.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have done nothing at night and to my knowledge nothing has been done at night to me. I’m inclined to go for Cloaca today. Scum messenger.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

CirclMastr posted:

Luckily I watched Nep last night! And guess who was the only visitor Nep had? Cloacamazing!

##vote Cloacamazing

##unvote

##vote Cloacamazing

Nice

Let's not immediately rush this, yeah?

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

CirclMastr posted:

##vote Cloacamazing

##unvote

##vote Cloacamazing

Oooh poo poo.

Well, then. I was leaning that way already. Your messages are a day action, so I don't see why else you'd be there. You better have a really good excuse or I'll vote you in a heartbeat.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Not going to claim my target from last night to keep scum guessing on who is a safe kill.
But what are the chances this is LYLO and Circl is scum lying? Lemme do the math again, but I'm inclined to believe Circl if this isn't LYLO.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Meen didn't have any customers last phase. The only person left alive with an animal was CPig.

Who I'm guessing gave me the pet monster to stop me from copying roles. I don't know if it day blocks, but I get a feeling it might. And more importantly that it would be worth the shot.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Grandicap posted:

Not going to claim my target from last night to keep scum guessing on who is a safe kill.
But what are the chances this is LYLO and Circl is scum lying? Lemme do the math again, but I'm inclined to believe Circl if this isn't LYLO.

Assuming there's no more than 3 scum left? We should have one more phase, and the walls are closing in.

I'm also colored by the fact that I think Circl is town based off the other stuff I said. Primarily not burying me when he had every excuse.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I can at least confirm that I believe CirclMastr received a result last night. Whether it's the one he claims, I cannot say.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Sandwolf posted:

##open shop

Come on! I’ll give you a potion! Ya don’t even need to use it! I presume you didn’t, btw, NeverHelm? Which is fine, ofc, just curious
I did not drink it, no. I've still got it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

We have 9 alive. If there were 5 scum starting out, then this is LYLO.
If there were no 3rd parties, that is theoretically a reasonable number, but on the way high side. Maybe if the scum team is underpowered, they have numbers instead. But we have psycho as a 3p. And whatever the gently caress the shopkeeps are. So I think 5 scum is too many.
With 4 scum, this would be a straight up trade, Circl for Cloaca. And that's only if they can get cloaca out first (likely, but not guaranteed). That seems like bad scum math.
So with a vig or some reach, it might work.
9 Alive, 3 scum. Town killed today, Town Killed tonight, vig on town at day open. Leaves 6 alive with 3 scum. Scum force a no execute, win at night if I can't stop the kill.
But scum already had reach in the flipped doublevoter. And the doublevote turned off in MYLO and LYLO. So having double reach seems rough.

Yeah, cloaca's the vote for today.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

So, Cloacamazing, CPig, Sand. That has to be the solve, right?

I could maybe see CPig actually clearing Sand hoping for some distance points if he goes down, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Grandicap posted:

We have 9 alive. If there were 5 scum starting out, then this is LYLO.
If there were no 3rd parties, that is theoretically a reasonable number, but on the way high side. Maybe if the scum team is underpowered, they have numbers instead. But we have psycho as a 3p. And whatever the gently caress the shopkeeps are. So I think 5 scum is too many.
With 4 scum, this would be a straight up trade, Circl for Cloaca. And that's only if they can get cloaca out first (likely, but not guaranteed). That seems like bad scum math.
So with a vig or some reach, it might work.
9 Alive, 3 scum. Town killed today, Town Killed tonight, vig on town at day open. Leaves 6 alive with 3 scum. Scum force a no execute, win at night if I can't stop the kill.
But scum already had reach in the flipped doublevoter. And the doublevote turned off in MYLO and LYLO. So having double reach seems rough.

Yeah, cloaca's the vote for today.

This seems to check out

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

If that solve is right, I won't feel as bad about this game.

Though I still feel bad about the push on ASF. I'm sorry I went hard into confbias there.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandi can you please visit my shop?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

If CirclMastr is scum, one of his JOAT things could be a vig, but would it be a dayvig?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Sandwolf posted:

Grandi can you please visit my shop?

Don't do it, Grandi. His shop is probably tainted.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PsychoSoldier posted:

Don't do it, Grandi. His shop is probably tainted.

Excuse me? CPig has actively vouched for me, there’s no obligation to take a potion. Being weird as, 3P

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Screw it, CPig can you visit my shop then? You know there’s no tricks

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Sandwolf posted:

Excuse me? CPig has actively vouched for me, there’s no obligation to take a potion. Being weird as, 3P

CPig is almost certainly scum after giving me a pet and Circl outing Cloacamazing(which I'm believing as true)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

3 ##enter Sandwolf's shop