Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

There are many thinges to be found in the Blind Eternities. Many places to see, many planes to visit. Some travel for trade, for power or for knowledge. All planeswalkers are powerful - every one a master of the magic that suffuses all of reality. Some command beasts, others wield the power of the mind, yet others control flame as if it were their own body, and still more can fight with the strength of twenty men. All of them can tap into the mana of the planes, wielding it by instinct or training.

But that is not what makes them planeswalkers.

What makes a planeswalker is the ability to walk between worlds, through the Blind Eternities. It is not easy and cannot be done without effort, even for them. But to the planeswalkers, the entire multiverse is open.

And when you can go anywhere and see anything, why would you not?

What is this?

This is a recruit for a Fate game based on the Atomic Robo rules. It is set in the multiverse of Magic the Gathering, and it is going to span many planes. Every PC will be a planeswalker, traveling together to see the world. Why? Well, everyone has their reasons. Maybe you have a mission to complete, maybe you want knowledge, maybe you're just really interested in seeing the planes' largest ball of twine. (It's in Lorwyn.)

But planeswalking is never without its trials. All planeswalkers are powerful, and power attracts attention. So, even for someone just out for tourism, it's never going to be easy. Planar politics and adventures are easy to get entangled in, to say nothing of the schemes of other planeswalkers.

Game Notes

While we're using the Atomic Robo rules, Science is not a skill type here. Magic skills exist, but almost all of 'em will be more than 0-cost. Feel free to get creative - hieromancy, mind magic, Tarkirian dragon kung fu, whatever. Brainstorming will exist in the form of large magical rituals, if you ever feel the need to pull one off. Aspects remain the same as Atomic Robo, but please make sure your concept clearly encompasses a color identity of some kind. (Even if that is 'colorless' because of Eldrazi or artifact poo poo.)

If you have no idea what that means, you can learn more here. They also have some overviews of planes that have showed up in Magic. Some of them are highly undetailed - feel free to make poo poo up about them, or just make up entire new planes! There's a lot of planes out there.

A brief overview on Planeswalkers: A. you can do amazing feats of magic. B. Literally everything could be magic, this doesn't mean everyone is a literal wizard. C. One day, you had a traumatic or important experience, and in the middle of it, your soul awakened and you were thrown through eternal chaos and ended up in another world, with the ability to to walk between planes if you spent time and effort focusing on it.

Tone

I'm looking for a mostly lighthearted game here. That's not to say it won't get dramatic or that terrible poo poo won't happen - both of those will. But think of this as a fantasy road trip movie. Bad poo poo's gonna go down, sure. Evil plots will be hatched, assholes abound in the planes, all kinds of adventures will happen. But the fun of traveling and the wonder and beauty of the universe are also big factors here.

Recruitment

Recruitment will be open for apps until Sunday, August 23. I will make picks at some point after that, but there'll be time to finish stuff up as long as you have a background up by the Sunday cutoff. I will happily answer questions here on synIRC in #persona.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Kragg Juxti

Stress

Physical: OOOO
Mental: OOO

Modes
1 Point remaining

Good: Izzet Flectomancer (Alchemy, Contacts, Flectomancy, Mana Lore, Notice, Will) 6 points
Fair: Archivist (Deceive, Empathy, Mana Lore, Rapport) 6 Points
Average: Goblin (Athletics, Burglary, Combat, Notice, Stealth) 8 points

Specialize Mana Lore (2)
Focus Flectomancy (1)
Focus Rapport (1)
Specialize Contacts (3)

Aspects
High Concept: IZZET EXPERIMENT TIME!?!?
It was a routine experiment. Energy in; product out. Just wanted to make sure that Srahosa's latest hypothesis was as bunk as they normally were. That's all. We only needed a bit more power. Just a bit. A little.

Quadruple the normal, rather excessive, power input was a bit much, don't you think?

Kragg doesn't remember the explosion. Well, Kragg doesn't remember lots of things, but you'd think he'd remember the explosion that caused him to Spark. Regardless, he woke up somewhere he didn't recognize. Fortunately for him, and unfortunately for the residents of this new plane, there were plenty of specimens to collect and experiment with.

Eventually, he learned that planeswalking was a thing he could do. To his dismay, he discovered he couldn't bring anything organic with him. To his delight, artifacts and potions made on one plane easily transferred to another. Soon, he was mixing and matching effects as if possessed. Nothing could stop him on his quest for knowledge!

Invoke to: Make the magic make sense! Make something insane and unlikely to work just the trick.
Compel to: Make things go horribly wrong due to Kragg meddling with the parameters;

Good: A Mind is a Brilliant Thing to Waste
Kragg is... addled, to put it mildly. Flectomancy, as practiced by the Izzet, often involves rerouting magic through a goblin's brain. Kragg is delighted that he is such a goblin; unlike his peers, however, he's managed to survive his early attempts at flectomancy and is now the leading expert on the subject. His intelligence, though, didn't survive quite as well as he did. Passing magic through his mind has enhanced the storage capacity of his mind while simultaneously weakening his ability to recall things. His knowledge is broad and thorough, but it isn't always ready to go. Perfect memory doesn't do one any good if you can't access said memory.

Think of it this way: if Kragg's brain were a computer, the CPU and Hard Drive would be phenomenal... but the RAM would be prone to glitching on a regular basis. The results would be fast, the storage is ridiculous, but the results tend to be be garbled.

Invoke to: Discover something new and wonderful; put two and two together and get four.
Compel to: Discover something new and horrible; put two and two together and get fish.

Fair: Filed Under Purple
Kragg's brilliance was recognized by Niv-Mizzet himself; the dragon insisted that the goblin make use of The Firemind to temper, perhaps, that spotty memory. Unfortunately for everyone else, no one but Kragg and Niv-Mizzet can understand the filing system that Kragg uses to sort his information. On top of the esoteric organization lies another layer of security: an even more enigmatic password system. Maybe it's paranoia; Izzet wizards are always trying to find "the next big thing", and Kragg is definitely one of the most passionate about it. Maybe it's just the way his brain works. Either way, that information you're looking for is probably in the maroon folder with the picture of Spotted Tiger on it.

Of course, Kragg's spotty memory being what it is, sometimes finding things is an effort in futility, even if he knows exactly where it is.

Invoke to: Know that thing; research the other thing
Compel to: Forget anything that may have been important at any time, ESPECIALLY IF YOU NEED IT RIGHT NOW; fail to follow directions that actually make sense

Average: Small and Spazzy
Kragg is goblin. Sure, he's super smart for, well, any sentient race (especially goblins), but he's still a goblin. He's small. He's kind of weak, yet spry. He has the attention span of a gnat, and he definitely isn't trying to steal that shiny bauble in your pocket.

What? He needs it for SCIENCE!

Invoke to: Do goblin things (like be sneaky or tenacious); have all the energy he needs
Compel to: Do goblin things (like steal knick-knacks or play pranks); blow his cover (like a disguise or while hiding)

Omega: Attention Deficit Homesick Disorder
Kragg would rather be at home working on his experiments in the comfort of his lab than out exploring... wherever this is. Or he would be, if he didn't keep forgetting to go home. There's just SO MANY THINGS to discover out here! And... wait a minute, he hasn't been to that place before! What's in it?

... and the next thing you know he's off on another adventure. One of these days he'll finally remember to go home. Maybe. If the Multiverse stops being interesting, I guess.

Invoke to: Notice minutiae; get along with goblins or researchers
Compel to: Wander off to get something that caught his attention; does there need to be another? It's ADHD.

pre:
Skills
5: Contacts      Mana Lore
4: Flectomancy   Notice
3: Alchemy	 Rapport     Will
2: Deceive       Empathy
1: Athletics     Burglary    Combat   Stealth
Alchemy (1 point)
Alchemical concoctions are good for lots of things. Having the right one on hand is even more useful. Unfortunately, we still haven’t gotten the hang of “Stone Wall in a Bottle”.

Do physical damage with firebombs/acidbombs/icebombs/bombybombs.

Create physical advantages on zones or the scene with alchemic concoctions.

Remove physical obstacles through creative application of chemicals.

Flectomancy (1 point)
Flectomancy is the art of changing magic from one form to another. Unfortunately, Izzet Flectomancy has never had the most consistent results.

Utilize a person’s own magic to either boost them in strange ways or hamper their own efforts.

Change incoming magic to a less harmful form.

Change magic into a bunny! I require illusory carrots.

Mana Lore (0 points)
Yes, we understand how mana works.

Identify magic colors successfully. (That implies we know how to counter them, which we do. Yes.)

Make sure that the right mana does the right job! Or how to deal with that wall of White Mana.

Stunts
(Bold are mega-stunts)

The Firemind (Contacts): Kragg has access to The Firemind at a cost.
Contacts can be used in place of any skill used for a knowledge-based action. However, planeswalking does very strange things to the mental connection, and reception can be spotty at times.

Unpredictable Flectomancy (Flectomancy): Kragg’s Flectomancy, although less deadly to the user than most Izzet Flectomancy, is even less predictable. An addled, yet still functioning, mind will do that to magic.
Whenever Kragg succeeds on a Flectomancy roll, he states the intent, but the GM chooses the exact results. However, whenever Kragg Succeeds with Style on a Flectomancy roll, in addition to the normal SwS bonuses, he gets to choose the actual results and gains the aspect “I Meant to Do That!” with one free tag.

Cartoon Physics (Alchemy): Kragg's alchemical concoctions are absolutely stronger than normal, but have comical side effects (at a cost).

Technobabble (knowledge): Kragg is brilliant, but his explanations tend to be long-winded… and let the enemy know his plan, too.
Whenever Kragg uses Empathy, Mana Lore, or Contacts to Create an Advantage, the aspect created or found grants two free tags instead of the normal one. Additionally, the GM may compel or invoke the aspect once without spending a Fate Point.

Kragg Grenade (Alchemy): Kragg has a good throwing arm… sometimes.
Kragg can use Athletics to place the aspect “Warmed Up!” on himself with a CaA roll against a difficulty of Fair. While Kragg has this aspect, he can use Alchemy to Attack all characters in an adjacent zone.

OmegaGoo fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 29, 2015

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
Interest, but you knew that.

My current concept is The Fisherman, an enchantment creature from Theros turned into a Planeswalker. His goal? To catch the biggest fish in the multiverse. He uses fishing gear - a fishing rod, a spear, a net, a harpoon, a knife - to get things done, and summons creatures he's personally caught as his servants. He occasionally does favors for the God he spawned from, because you should do favors for the person who gave birth to you even if it was by accident, though his relationship might be a little strained.

The other concept is the 'Walker Sliver, who hasn't yet figured out what names are for yet. A Sliver who evolved a Spark by accident and was thereby cut off from (and exiled out of) the Hivemind, the Walker Sliver is searching for others like itself, what it means to be alive, and what sort of monsters taste the best and provide the most interesting adaptations. It also might be running from the Hivemind, which would naturally want it to die furiously because it's an aberrant freak of Sliver Nature even by Sliver standards.

WampaPartyEX fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 16, 2015

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I am also interested. My current reading material may influence me, but I'm edging toward some sort of wandering swordsman from Tarkir on a quest for truth and making the best of best swords.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Posting interest! I'm thinking of a G/U transplanar naturalist with maybe minor shapeshifting?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Aw yeah. As we've been talking about on IRC I'm going to play an actual good Black hero. Seriously, I can pull this off. Determined streak a mile wide, ruthlessly practical when it comes to her enemies. Likes 'cute things', but has a very... interesting... sense of cuteness. Probably uses martial arts to planeswalk because I'm totally ripping off an existing character who did it's freaking cool.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Magic's not my strongest suit, but I like FATE and I like Mors. Maybe a Blue/Black "Frankenstein's Monster except pretty"-ish planeswalker from Innistrad? Possibly something with a "blue rose" motif about artificial life or something, who wants to go to a world where such things are a normal occurrence? I have no idea; I'm spitballing and the only reason I know Innistrad is because one of its cards was controversial for an interesting reason.

Maybe attacks or uses magic via remote body control? Hmm...

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 16, 2015

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Wanna do a thing. Dunno what yet.

Ldsity
May 29, 2015

Which guy?

That Huang Gai?
I would like to try this Fate thing out but i don't know what to do whatsoever. The Magic setting is the easy part honestly.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Red+White thing incoming.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Magic the Gathering is a thing that exists on the very edge of my sphere of awareness but the idea of travelling different realities as an esoteric magic person sounds super cool. Anything I should know about the significance of colors or is it pretty much "pick one"?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Magic the Gathering is a thing that exists on the very edge of my sphere of awareness but the idea of travelling different realities as an esoteric magic person sounds super cool. Anything I should know about the significance of colors or is it pretty much "pick one"?

They all have specific outlooks on life, magic, and methodology.

White is the color of law, light, and community. Note I did not list "good".

Blue is the color of knowledge, water/wind, and the mind.

Black is the color of death, ambition, and darkness. Note I did not list "evil".

Red is the color of emotion, fire/earth/lightning, and brute strength.

Green is the color of life, nature... and that actually covers what it's about.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ldsity posted:

I would like to try this Fate thing out but i don't know what to do whatsoever. The Magic setting is the easy part honestly.

Step one is acquiring the Atomic Robo book, which does a very nice job of explaining things. I can help out further on #persona.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Pretty much what was said, but each color also has some magical tricks that they tend to be best at. White and Green heal better than anyone else, for example, followed by Black (which siphons it off other people), Black and Red are best at just breaking poo poo (followed by White), Blue and Black are best at mind magic, etc.

"Colorless" is a thing that exists, and it does weird things outside the normal experience. It tends to apply to tools and machines ('artifacts') more than anything else.

E: These are some good articles on colors, too.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 17, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

Black is the color of death, ambition, and darkness. Note I did not list "evil".

No, but it is 667, the neighbor of the beast. Its kinda like the Adversary mentor spirit in Shadowrun. "Yeah, ahh, technically he's not the devil but for all intents and purposes he's the devil." A few outliers get touted, but by and large a far larger percentage of people who use black mana are utter dicks. Black is libertarianism in a flowing cape that catches the wind just right.

And I'll apologize in advance for caring way too much about color mana theology.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 17, 2015

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Ronwayne posted:

And I'll apologize in advance for caring way too much about color mana theology.

It's ok, so do I.

Basically ambition leads to power grabs, which leads to being a dick. Black is bad, ok, but it's not inherently evil.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pretty much all the 'good dude' black characters I can think of are tempered by another color, including Sorin, so.

Well, I guess that the one underworld god from Theros was kind of okay. Erebos, that was his name.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
I don't know too much about MtG as a setting but this seems fun. Considering a hotblooded Red-Green archer with a "wildfire" motif. If most of Green builds nature up, she burns it down to let it start anew. Responsibly, of course. For the most part.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Pretty much all the 'good dude' black characters I can think of are tempered by another color, including Sorin, so.

So making a genderswapped version of myself as the protector of my plane while I'm away is a-ok?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 18, 2015

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It's about a 0.2 on the Urzometer.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

First draft of Kragg is up. Let me know if anything is fishy, especially with the stunts.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

quote:

[10:39.19] <Davin_Valkri> Are you using that houserule WRT stressboxes?
[10:39.20] <@Gorbash> Cirno: you might be thinking of Cú Chulainn and Gáe Bulg
[10:39.27] <MorsRattus> uuuuh i will say yes
[10:39.29] <MorsRattus> remind me what it is
[10:39.31] <MorsRattus> but probably yes
[10:39.47] <Davin_Valkri> Don't use your skills to determine stressboxes, instead split seven boxes among phys and ment
[10:39.50] <MorsRattus> okay
[10:39.51] <MorsRattus> yes
[10:39.56] <OmegaGoo> Oh good.
[10:40.02] <OmegaGoo> I get an extra Stess Box.
[10:40.10] <LurksWithWolves> The one that tosses the fiddly default system and just says "have seven boxes total, have a minimum of
two-per, split them up however"

Ldsity
May 29, 2015

Which guy?

That Huang Gai?
So...work has been done, still not finished with stats and the like, but mine is gonna be a Red, Green, Black(a little) [Viashino] Shaman from the plane of Muraganda. Soft-skins better tread carefully.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Pete the Planeswalker

quote:

Sit down kid and I’ll tell you all about the coolest guy you’ll ever meet: me. I’m not a wizard or anything. Just so you know, never been good with magic. Picked up a trick here or there, over the aeons, but just simple stuff. Mostly I’m not magic. I just use magic, you know what I mean? Like how do I live forever? It’s not cause I’m special, it’s cause I drank this special water a long time ago. How do I walk the planes? Well I was kidnapped on a magic ship. There was an… accident, and I kind of ate the transdimensional power core.

I am badass though. Make no mistake. There’s some guys over in Jundi think I’m a God. What I am… I’m a collector. I got this bag that’s like a warehouse on the inside and if I get my hands on something cool I bring it with me. Over a few thousand years, if my Objective Time Counter is right, and I think it is, time is weird on the Planes, I’ve got quite a collection accumulated. Let’s me do some awesome stuff. Not quite the same as being magic myself though. I still need a sharp eye, a deft hand, and a little luck to keep my head on my neck. Might be the reason I’ve lasted longer than most ‘omnipotent’ walkers. Stay smart, stay humble, that’s my motto.

Another motto: an easy smile melts hearts faster than a fireball. I don’t think it’s literally true, but, you know. Wrecking up the place just cause you can is what jerks do, and I’m no jerk. Is that another motto? I think it is. I’ll work on it. I have a lot of mottos. Anyway, I like to visit a new place, see the sights, acquire a souvenir or two, and leave before I’ve worn out my welcome. Maybe come back in a hundred years, see what happened and if they’re still mad about the souvenirs.

quote:

Concept: Planeswalking Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire
Adventurer Aspect: Ain’t my first time riding the planes
Charmer Aspect: Stay smart, stay humble
Collector Aspect: What a wonderful toy!
Omega: Not all that magical

Modes
Adventurer (Good): Athletics, Burglary, Combat, Notice, Physique, Stealth, Vehicles Use Magic Device: 12
Charmer (Fair): Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Notice, Rapport, Will: 9
Collector (Average): Burglary, Notice, Vehicles, Will, Use Magic Device: 6
Improvements: Use Magic Device (2) Stealth(1)

Skills:
+5 Notice, Use Magic Device
+4 Burglary, Vehicles, Stealth
+3 Athletics, Combat, Physique, Will
+2 Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Rapport

Personal Hardware Mega Stunt: Bag of Tricks (2)
Twice per session I can pull out just the thing I need from my magical bag
+2 to Create an Advantage with Use Magic Device when I have the proper tool for the job

Personal Hardware Megastunt Planeswalking Suit (2):
Silverskin Armor (Armor 1)
Fleetfeather Sandals(+1 to Vehicles to counter attacks in a physical conflict while airborne)
Neurok Environmental Adapters (Environment Proof=immune to corruption, contamination, poisons, extreme weather and other environmental dangers)

Personal Hardware:
Hedron Omni-Blaster (Weapon 2, +1 to Combat to Exploit a Weakness in Defenses)

New Skill: Use Magic Device
Overcome: Deal with an obstacle using mystical tools
Create an Advantage: Manipulate an artifact or magical object to alter the environment or gain an edge
Create an Advantage: Discover the inner workings and aspects of an artifact or magical object

Look alright? With Fate some of this stuff will need approval or negotiation with the GM and I'm totally cool with that. I made him Blue because of the technology / using smarts to solve problems aspects.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 25, 2015

Ldsity
May 29, 2015

Which guy?

That Huang Gai?
Hey all, with a little bit of help, here's the first draft of De'Srha the Viashino Planeswalker from Muraganda. Suggestions for balance/broken-ness are encouraged.

De'Srha

(b/R/G)

Stress

Modes

Good:Summoner (Binding, Combat, Physique, Provoke, Summoning, Will) 6 points
Fair: Shaman (Binding, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Will) 6 Points
Average: Predator (Athletics, Combat, Empathy, Provoke, Stealth) 10 points

Specialize Empathy
Specialize Summoning
Focus Notice
Focus Stealth

Aspects
High Concept: Shaman of the Scaled Ones

The Saurids of Muraganda are a race of viashino that follows the Mimeoplasm around the plane, believing it to be the key to seeing fallen loved ones in the afterlife. De'Srha was a high ranking shaman in his clan, responsible for the clan's well-being, tracking the Mimeoplasm, and leading forces into battle against enemies and dangerous wildlife along the way. With his magic to tame the wild reptilian life, as well as his shaman training to bolster allies, intimidate enemies and understand the deeper mysteries of the Mimeoplasm, his clan became one of the mightiest on the plane before they tracked down their target: the Mimeoplasm. As he and his clan were being absorbed to ascend into the afterlife, De'Srha hesitated. Between his agony of being absorbed and his new desire to live, his Spark ignited, throwing him to Jund, a plane similar enough to his own that he realized the Mimeoplasm wasn't the key to the afterlife he believed it to be. Now, as he sees more planes with "soft-skins," his drive to prove he and his kin superior is coming into conflict with the task at hand. Someday, he will return to home; and when he does, the Mimeoplasm will die for not bringing the afterlife De'Srha deserves. For now, collecting new, more advanced life-forms for the fight is all he knows to do.

Good: Bigger, Badder, Cold-Blodded-er

Obviously, the only way to kill a giant all-absorbing ooze is to find something too big, too mean, or too poisonous for it to consume. On a plane full of dinosaurs and reptilian life, that means you bring dinosaurs and reptiles. De'Srha is not always the biggest being, but if if there's a confrontation, he will be badder and more cold-blooded than any thing that gets in his way. And if that isn't true either, he has a "pet" that is.

Fair: Former Mimeoplasm Minion

De'Srha used to serve his clan in ways to bring them to the Mimeoplasm. Whether through tracking its movements through trances or through signs and portents, De'Srha could aid the clan constantly while moving towards their goal. After his sojourn to Jund, he realized his shamanic abilities could still be put to use in other endeavors, whether it was surviving the new threats of flying, flame-breathing dinos, or commanding new reptilians to take care of the raving horde of goblins coming his way.

Average: Middle of the Food Chain

Whether by being a better fighter or just being naturally tougher, De'Srha is not a pushover. On a plane of T-rex and other large dangers, this can be a moot point. Sometimes hiding until you can get the perfect strike in is all it takes. Other times, it's about seeing an aggressive response coming. Either way, De'Srha will adapt tactics to come out on top.

Omega:Not a Charmer

Strength and force of will are how things get done at home. And at an enemy encampment. And while negotiating. And when a soft-skin gets uppity. Fear isn't the only way to get what you want. But most of the time, when that doesn't, fighting will.

pre:
Skills
5: Combat      Provoke       Summoning
4: Binding   Physique     Will
3: Empathy     Notice
2: Stealth
1: Athletics
Summoning (1 point)
Training in the use of leylines and magic circles is the first step to bringing friends (or enemies) where you need them.

Attack: Summon a Toxic Iguanar to fight for a round (it's weak but poisonous)

Defense: Summon a Torpid Moloch to block incoming damage (damned thing is lazy)

Overcome: Magically lure targets to an area with a distraction

Binding (0 points)
The ability to connect to the land is a bread and butter technique of Planeswalkers. The ability to bind to other creatures (sentient or otherwise) is a more difficult magic that uses the connection to the land to bring forth AND control those brought forth.

Attack: A Mental Attack that "encourages" caution.

Defend: Cause the attacker to think twice about their attack, causing a punch, kick, bite or charge to veer off course. Only works on "beasts."

Stunts
(Bold is mega-stunts)

Summon Imperiosaur - Personal item summoned creature
Stress: 000
Function: It's a giant T-rex
Flaw: Can't be summoned indoors or in a city
Uses De'Srha's Combat and Provoke Rating
Characters who’ve had Physical Stress applied by the Imperiosaur can’t take less than Moderate Consequences.

Threaten
Use Provoke once per scene to steal control of a summoned creature. The roll is opposed by the summoner's Will.

Putrefy
De'Srha can make a Combat Attack against a character in his zone with an Aspect created by a Create an Advantage option that is magical or artifact in origin. If the Attack succeeds, the Aspect is removed. If it was magical in origin, the character takes 1 point of Mental Stress. If it was Artifact in origin, the character takes 1 point in Physical Stress.

Fury
Can use Binding to Create an Advantage called Furious. As long as this aspect remains on the target, they get +1 to all Physical Attacks and -1 to all social skills except Provoke.

Serpent Skin
Once per session, when you would be Taken Out due to Physical Stress, instead fill your Physical Stress Track.

Ldsity fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 27, 2015

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Sianis Kasharr

You keep a place warm in winter, set fair borders with the forest spirits, and suddenly everyone's friends with Sianis. Then you take the hood off. Now it's all 'back foul demon!' and old biddies menacing you with bathwater. It's just not right. Think I'll let the horrors creep a little closer the next time around.

High Concept: Wandering Witch of Wildfires

Planeswalkers, some say, have a duty to tackle the problems they find on their travels. Sianis has mostly accomplished this by threatening things with pointy sticks and incineration. It's not like she doesn't try to do things properly. She knows there's a delicate balance to maintain that can fall apart the moment she leaves. But really, after bailing out the same cult six times from summoning that "mirror god" who's clearly a face-stealing demon, anyone would get frustrated. Plus people always keep burning themselves after touching her hair. Idiots.

Stranger Concept: Not in Akoum Anymore

It's enough to make her consider packing up and going home. Home for her is the volcanic, ever-shifting hellscape of Akoum. She'd have to hunt titanic insects who were 60% shell and 30% poison again. And all the flora she'd memorized as "not immediately deadly" have probably evolved past that by now. True, she does have a symbiotic relationship with fire that helped her survive before. But she left for a very good reason.

Naturalist Concept: Unlikely Guardian

Her clan (looking back, it was more like a beehive than anything else) had a spate of rather bad luck. This meant that their entire territory began sinking into magma. The survivors clung onto floating stone hedrons for dear life, and many of them wouldn't have made it if Sianis hadn't gotten involved. They would live on as they always did. For some reason the multiverse decided to warp Sianis off-plane the moment everyone was accounted for.

She woke up in what was once a rich deciduous forest and was, at the moment, a small forest fire. In a guilty panic she reined it in with her powers, to the wonderment of assorted caretakers and treefolk. No one was quite sure what to do about her. Eventually it was decided that she'd manage the regular wildfires that maintained their home. Sianis found the steady pace of growth there to be quite...charming, and agreed. The ancient denizens of this plane taught her to summon new life from the ashes, while she taught them the terrifying adaptations of Akoum. Both sides left the exchange more dangerous than they thought possible.

Archer Concept: Their Arrows Outshine The Sun

Sianis is also an expert markswoman with her bow. A touch of volcanics lends a white-hot glow to her arrows; sometimes it gives them a flicker of life. These arrows have been seen splitting into a rain of death, wrapping around enemies like vines, or diving into the earth only to dive back up again. Once, the ground around them boiled and reformed into a grove of spears. It's an experimental style.

Omega Concept: Iron Chef Zendikarian

Even with her duties, she finally has time to enjoy herself now. Food, for one, actually has taste in the other planes. This was so inspiring to her that she's become a bit of a wilderland chef. After she found out her clan was safe, she set out on a semi-permanent tasting tour of the Planes. Delicious monsters and miserly gourmets beware!

(+3) Stranger: Volcanica, Physique, Provoke, Will, Notice, Combat, Athletics (9 points)

(+2) Naturalist: Wood-shaping, Empathy, Contacts, Notice, Rapport, Planar Wisdom (7 points)

(+1) Archer: Combat, Athletics, Notice, Contacts, Stealth, Will (9 points)

+5: Notice
+4: Combat, Volcanica, Will, Athletics, Provoke
+3: Wood-shaping, Physique, Contacts, Planar Wisdom
+2: Empathy, Rapport, Stealth
+1:

Train Wood-shaping (1 pt), Stealth (1 pt), Volcanica (1 pt), Planar Wisdom (1 pt), Provoke (1 pt)

Volcanica (1 point)
Sianis can control the movement and intensity of flames. With effort, she can shape them into living forms.

Attack: Shoot arrows of solid fire that hunt down her enemies

Overcome: Burn through obstacles, shrug off blazing heat. Or cook a meal for a hungry monster.

Create an Advantage: Slow down or intimidate enemies by incinerating the nearby area.

Wood-shaping (1 point)
Summons plant-life and allows communication with the natural world. Specialized in quick growing, fire-adapted variants.

Defend: Prevent attempts to create an advantage against you! Make a concealing bamboo grove, tangle them in briars, etc.

Overcome: Attempt to remove collateral consequences through repair.

Overcome: Shape a path in overgrown areas, build a bridge across gaps.

Planar Wisdom (0 points)
Planeswalking 101.

Overcome: Get a magic portal open, or close one as soon as possible.

Create Advantage: Figure out where the hell you are.

Stunts

Hardware Mega-stunt: Sianis' Krakatic Longbow

Carved from a trunk of carnivorous ironwood and reinforced by treated exoskeleton, this bow has been passed down in the Kasharr family for generations. It isn't actually alive but it's terrifying enough to appear that way.

Function: Fireproof Missile Delivery
Flaw: Accident-Prone

-Pyroclastic Bow: Sianis can make an attack with Combat against all enemies in an adjacent zone, but this places one of the negative aspects Overgrown or Aflame on the scene.

But How Do They Taste?: Out of combat, Sianis can attempt an Overcome roll with Volcanica (GM determines difficulty). If successful she can prepare a meal aspect which lasts until the next scene ends. This aspect can uncheck either a physical or mental stress box of another player when used.

Inflammable: Fireproof, but at a cost.

Not This Again: +2 to Defend with Empathy if the target is someone she's met before.

Basalt Mesh Shirt: Armor: 2 against physical attacks.

Physical Stress: OOOO
Mental Stress: OOO

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 28, 2015

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Because I'm gonna be busy helping my brother move into college, I am extending the deadline to have concepts up to Wednesday, August 26. Picks will be made on Saturday, August 29.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Excellent, yeah, I got caught in the middle of a move as well.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

A couple of us are a convention RIGHT NOW, so there's that too.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

So far, everything looks mostly all right. There's some stuff that'll need hashing out in most cases but doable after picks. My one concern is that Pete over here is a bit tech-focused in an aesthetic that is a little too sci fi for me - and even then, Mirrodin's got some stuff that's near that level.

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
The Fisherman

quote:

The Fisherman is an emissary of Kruphix who wanders the world, helping sailors in need find their way, guiding fishermen and explorers home. When he became a Planeswalker, he took up a sworn duty to explore the worlds and seek out their mysteries, to guide and protect the brave and the bold explorers wherever they could be found, and to explore the deepest depths and the highest heights. The Fisherman is a big, quiet man, who is at his happiest when he sits upon the edge of the world in his magic boat and contemplates the mysteries of the sea. His greatest desire in life is to catch the finest, largest, and greatest fish among all the planes.

quote:

Concept: Fisherman Hero of Legend
Example invokes: Grants a bonus when dealing with ocean-based enemies or problems.
Example compels: The Fisherman longs to capture the mightiest fish in all the worlds, and sometimes ignores more pressing problems in favor of this.

Planar Fisherman: I Caught A Fish This Big
Example invokes: Grants a bonus to Physique in direct challenges of contest with another creature, or artifact capable of behaving like one
Example compels: The fish he's caught are not loyal servants, and may need to be beaten back into place.

Divine Servant: Kruphix's Insight
Example invokes: Grants a bonus to situations involving mystery or hidden knowledge
Example compels: Kruphix can forcibly compel the Fisherman to act and investigate a puzzle or otherwise further its will

Teacher: The Gods Help Those Who Help Themselves
Example invokes: Grants a bonus to tricking people or withholding information for their own good
Example compels: Compelled to at least try to help people struggling, even in situations where it might be wildly dangerous for him

Omega: Enchantment Planeswalker - Fisherman
Example invokes: Grants a bonus when surviving situations involving poisons, diseases, or organic-based dangers.
Example compels: Forcibly restricted by anti-Enchantment, dispels, and other similar effects.

+5: Physique
+4: Notice, Theros Lore, Rapport
+3: Vehicles, Athletics, Summon Bigger Fish
+2: Combat, Provoke, Stealth, Will
+1: Empathy, Contacts, Deceive

[Planar Fisherman +3]: Vehicles, Notice, Physique, Athletics, Summon Bigger Fish (8)
[Divine Servant +2]: Notice, Combat, Provoke, Rapport, Stealth, Will, Theros Lore (8)
[Teacher +1]: Empathy, Contacts, Rapport, Deceive (6)
Specialized: Physique, Theros Lore, Rapport
Focused: Physique, Theros Lore

Summon Bigger Fish can Overcome by calling a monster to do a thing, Create Advantage by calling a monster to do a thing, Attack physically by calling a monster to do a thing, Defend by calling a monster to tank a hit for you. It /cannot/ stop your opponent from creating advantage - fish just aren't that clever.

Theros Lore: Overcome problems by knowledge of Theros, Create Advantage related to knowledge of Theros.

Stunts:

I still need some help with the stunts, but I'm putting this up for posterity's sake, so I have it recorded.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Mors Rattus posted:

So far, everything looks mostly all right. There's some stuff that'll need hashing out in most cases but doable after picks. My one concern is that Pete over here is a bit tech-focused in an aesthetic that is a little too sci fi for me - and even then, Mirrodin's got some stuff that's near that level.

Yeah sure, I figured there was some kind of magi-tek setting and his stuff is more magic than tech but I should mix it up a little because thematically it's supposed to be a collection and it looks like he got all his stuff from the same place. I'll re-skin most of the stuff and do a little more research on where it might have came from.

Changed equipment names for now. 2 are from straight cards, the other 2 are re-themed to note where they came from. I figure every Planeswalker has incredible powers and Pete is no different. He's unnaturally quick and lucky, and he has such a strong affinity for magical objects that he can use any kind of thing from any plane and with any mana source with ease. But in a straight up spell dual he's an infant compared to most planeswalkers or even most magic users.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 25, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Cadaveria (B/R)

There are two parts to good, good music - passion, and skill. Without passion, your music is like a dead flower- pretty once, but now simply a testament to the work of other factors. Without skill... well, that's more obvious.

Since Avacyn's grandiose return, there's been little of both in the music of Innistrad. All the good ones have found themselves "called" to the clergy, for their interminable choirs and hymns of deliverance and celebration. So that's all the skill gone. And of those who remain, everyone remained so... focused on that infernal (yes, irony) angel's worship. Passion has faded in the place of mere faith. And while that may move mountains it sure didn't move me.

So that's where I sat, struggling for scraps of inspiration one cold night in the attic garret. Music had flowed through me so easily when the darkness had been upon us. The depredations, the desperation, the death lurking around every corner- it spurred me, made my music flow. The minor key, the quiet vibrato of fear, that is what made it work. Made my soul, and instrument, sing.

So I was sitting in the garret playing idly, repeating my scales, and the frustration just boiled over and I began to play a song that mourned.... mourning. It mourned opportunities lost to bland "beauty." It mourned the passing of an era that I fit in and the growth of one where I was being left behind to rot in a decaying attic room while my rivals counted their blessings and wrote another arpeggio into their lastest dull, trite, devotional DRECK!

And I played, and I played, and I played.

Beyond the window, something else appeared. A different world- one at war with itself. Strange, misshapen creatures dueled plants for control of an island. This I knew, somehow, was a way to somewhere else.

Somewhere not here.

I admit, my decision may have been somewhat made by my landlady stumbling up the stairs, blood pouring from her eye sockets as I realized, to my horror, that I could feel the lives of those who could hear my song swirling into nothingness- sacrificed to fuel the strange power I saw both outside my window and within. I had not tasted magic before, but now it suddenly felt as much a part of the music as the careful B flat I hit as I fell through the window and away. To hell with worrying about them. They never appreciated me anyway.

I've not returned yet. These other planes are inspiration itself- each one I visit gives me new ideas, new prompting. Sometimes I have to play away impediments, but they should be honored.

After all, they'll be immortalized in song.

Aspects:
High Concept: Deathseeker of Song
String-Player: Inspired by Chaos
Performer: But A Humble Songstress
Planeswalker: A Whole New World(s)
Omega Shenron: Temper Tempter

Stress:
Phys: OOO
Ment: OOOO

Skills:
String-Player (Good): Athletics, Black Note, Contacts, Notice, Provoke, Will: 8
Performer (Fair): Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Notice, Rapport, Will: 9
Planeswalker (Average): Black Note, Chaos Control, Inspiration: 5

+5: Black Note, Provoke
+4: Black Note, Contacts, Notice, Will
+3: Athletics, Inspiration
+2: Deceive, Empathy, Rapport, Chaos Control
+1:

8 points -> 2x Specialize Black Note, Provoke (4), Specialize Inspiration (3), Focus Chaos Control (1)

Black Note (2):
Mentally attack with killer riffs
Physically attack with cutting vibes
Destroy sorcerous obstacles with opening notes
Destroy physical obstacles with rumbling percussion

Chaos Control (2)
Create physical advantages via chaotic play
Create mental advantages by disorienting chaos
Block physical attacks through convenient coincidence
Destroy physical obstacles with accelerated entropy

Inspiration (1)
Create mental advantages through sudden insight
Block mental attacks with immediate reaction
Overcome mental blocks

Stunts:
Virtuoso (MEGA): Cadaveria is absolutely better than any regular musician... as long as she's playing alone.

The Music of the Night: Cadaveria may use Provoke to place aspect Terror March on a scene. If successful, minions may not attack Cadaveria until the aspect is overcome.

Death Note: Cadaveria may give herself mental stress to deal physical stress(1:1) to opponents she has placed a music-based aspect on.

Dance, Magic, Dance!: Cadaveria may use Inspiration to analyze magical objects as long as she is able to create music while doing so.

The Sound of Silence: Cadaveria's music drowns out other sounds! Once per scene, she may replace an aspect placed involving sound with one of her own, with one free invoke.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 1, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Mercy Ascensus-Slayer of the Gods (R/W)

Some adventurers desire a retirement that involves neither running a tavern or an anonymous grave. Mercy combined ruthless ambition with a fundamental hatred for the inhuman serpent people that ruled her land. A years long campaign of uniting the quarreling human tribes, binding and allying with strange eldritch entities, and harrying and destroying the enemy wherever she could acclimated in an assault on the palace built into the skull of an ancient god.

She smashed their temples, defiled their alters, stole their idols, and slew their priests. Peeling the crown from the severed, scorched head of their despot, Mercy took the throne. You'd have thought the peasantry would've been more understanding of the brutally high taxes needed to keep an army making sure residual snake men and outside raiders only burned down half their farms. Nevertheless, as the Aquillonian Spring swept the globe and the peons got uppity, she and other rulers found themselves swept aside in a tidal wave of populist feeling. Apparently they felt their needs would be better represented by something large, carnivorous and cephalopodic. Arcane wards and terrible thamaturgical traps bought her enough time to steal the last boat out and complete the desperate spell to open a portal to another world and leave a parting gift that may or may not have detonated most of the red mana on her plane.

Mercy found she could step between the boundaries of the planes themselves, which was fortunate since she needs to wait awhile for her home plane to stop smouldering. Communication with locals was originally difficult, but shouting loudly and gesturing wildly is the most common variant of the Tongues power.

Aspects:

High Concept: Unemployed God Empress
Slayer and Reaver
Dread Sorceress
Trans-planar Murder Hobo
I Killed a World and I Liked It.

Stress:

Phys: OOOO
Ment: OOO

Skills:
+5 Rapport, Physique
+4 Contact, Deceive, Sorcery, Will, Athletics
+3 Empathy
+2 Notice, Lore

Stunts: (+2 FP to GM)

Majestic Terror (2 benefits)
-Absolutely more charismatic (rapport) than a normal human at a cost
-The intimidation half of provoke may be used with rapport

Shut up and 'mance with me
-Gain +3 for each tag instead of +2 if it was a magically related aspect/maneuver created by an ally.
-+2 to use Sorcery to create advantages

Thews
-Physique can be used for combat with sufficiently large weapons or hand to hand(claw) ripping and tearing

This Machine Kills Phrexians
Function: 2 meters of sharpened darksteel. Killing, maiming, creating artistic gore splatter and launching po-mo art movements.
Flaw: Just a tad unwieldy.

-Greatsword that delivers +2 damage and +1 when attacking the highest ranking/most dangerous enemy in the area
-When using physique and gaining a SwS, instead of a boost, you may change/replace a scene's aspect with one free tag on it.

Modes:

Enlightened Despot (Cost:10)
Contacts, Rapport, Physique, Athletics, Deceive, Empathy

Occult (Cost 5)
Notice, Will, Lore, Sorcery

Transplanar 'fugee (Cost:5)
Contacts, Physique, Deceive, Rapport

Weird Skills:

Sorcery [2]
Use magic to make a direct physical attack.
Counter attacks made with magic.
Counter an attempt to create advantages with magic.
Overcome obstacles created with magic.

LORE[0]
Use your education and theoretical knowledge to create or discover aspects, either with study or by remembering details.
Know things and solve problems based on your education and theoretical knowledge.

Reinforced Skills:
+1 to Contacts, Rapport, Physique, Deceive

Remaining Skill points

Focused>Specialized @ 2pts ea x 2 skills= 4pts
-Physique
-Rapport

Trained>Specialized @ 3pts ea x2skills= 6pts
-Sorcery
-Will

Trained>Focused @ 1pt ea x1 skills = 1pts
-Athletics

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 3, 2015

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Sorry for taking so long. This guy seems a bit Black/Blue/touch of Green, maybe? Also if he comes off as too "marty stu-y" tell me so.

Thale Lapis, the Zombie from the Lawn

When one thinks of a planeswalker, “powerful wizards,” and “mana-blooded creatures” come to mind; beings with centuries of magical training or magic in every cell. “Castle gardener” probably would not rank very high on the list.

Sure, Thale had some inkling of self-defense--when snapdragons can literally snap a dragon, you learn to be fast with the shears!--but he wasn’t a magician or a soldier. He was some forgotten peasant’s son handed off because the harvest sucked and being bondaged as a servant to a lord was probably a better life than s***farming all day. Snappy snapdragons and roses colored in colors roses weren’t supposed to have (why did his lord have to wear azure and purpure, anyway?! Argent and gules would be easy colors, but nooo…) were much prettier, anyway. As well as other more dangerous flora that his lord like playing with. Something to do with venus flytraps and cordyceps... ? He wasn’t sure. He just kept the grounds.

That’s what got him in trouble. His lord drew some angry attention from more powerful people-- supposedly because his experiments with face-eating plants were unsanctioned and dangerous, probably because he’d just pissed the wrong people off. He got caught between the people outside and the lord’s guards, and unfortunately all his experience dodging spore pods and cutting down wild rose bushes didn’t help him much. He got stabbed, rolled over to the bushes, and died.

And then he woke up with another man with white hair smirking over him. In a room that was much too bright to be in Innistrad. The other man said some words that he barely understood--the words he got were something like "That old hack was onto something after all" and "I'd say 'you're lucky to be alive,' but technically you aren't, so...". And also "Try figuring out you can Planeswalk before you get stabbed next time."

Wait, what?

"Oh, what do they teach the peasantry nowadays? Did you think Innistrad was the entirety of all existence?"

Wait, what?!

"Hah, you're thicker than a Gothic wall, aren't you. Ah, well, not all of us can be geniuses. Hold still, I want to see what this one does..."

The first clear memory he had of that very bright land was something poking his arm. The rest of it was strange and exotic, even more so than his charges at home--something to do with plants in his flesh, and some sort of parallelism among seeds, and how now he could hijack other people's motor systems and make them do what he wanted ("...but I think sangromancy is much more fun, don't you?" "What's...sangromancy...?" "...nevermind.") and technically didn't need his heart anymore and would probably get along well with "Llanowar elves" because he was some kind of treant now. (His attempts to ask about Llanowar elves and what made them different from regular elves got met with a lot of "a-ta-ta! We'll discuss them later; we'll discuss you now.") And then with a jokingly coquettish "farewell", he sent him right back to Innistrad. Right back in the middle of the fight. As if he'd never left.

The two fighting parties quickly noticed that the guy they'd stabbed and shoved off to die somewhere out of the way was missing a few wounds and had a weird look in his eye. So with a few cries of "FREAK OF NATURE" and "BASTARD, THOSE PLANTS WERE FOR OUR LORD" and "BURN, WITCH!" they tried to repeat the process. Only this time Thale focused a bit and watched in a bit of horror as strikes aimed at him suddenly jerkily redirected themselves into the ground, or into other people, or even into the striker. The last one dropped his sword and ran for it, screaming about witchcraft and sorcery and heresy all the while, leaving Thale alone with plants that would feed very well on blood and flesh this year.

So. He'd seen what happened to his lord when he tried playing with magic flora. And his lord was just growing them. Thale himself was part of one, if the white haired man was right. And he probably was; he seemed to know a lot more about things. And also technically undead. Innistrad was losing what little homeyness it had by the second.

So he did what the white-haired man told him to do. Before the runner could come back with inquisitors and a burning stake and blessed knifes of witch hunting and stab him with them.

He took a deep and wholly unnecessary breath and walked out into the Blind Eternities...

High Concept--Triffid Body Snatcher of the Living Dead*
Sample Invoke: A third of me alone is a horror story, so run already!
Sample Compel: No, wait, you people over there aren’t supposed to run, come back!

+3 Bloodworking--Sorin Markov's Test Subject
(Bloodworking, Magical Lore, Deceive, Notice, Provoke, Will--8 pts)
(Bloodworking Skill--Everything to do with control of others’ bodies, in theory and practice.
: Make your foes attack each other or throw themselves on their swords (Defend with Physique or Will)
: Plant the seeds for later control and takeovers
: Force an attacker to resist their own muscles to strike
: Will you give me your item? You will?! Thank you!
Sample Invoke: Dance, puppets, dance!; I know big names
Sample Compel: Am I back in my body? Is this even my body anymore?; Sorin's enemies might be mine too...

+2 Hell Gardener--Innistrad “Survivor”
(Athletics, Combat, Empathy, Notice, Physique, Stealth, Will--12 pts)
Sample Invoke: Gardening shears as weapons; relate to people in bad situations; being undead rocks!
Sample Compel: What does “theory of magic” mean?; being undead sucks...

+1 Planeswalker--Walk like a Wizard, Gawk like a Tourist
(Empathy, Notice, Planar Lore, Rapport, Will--7 pts)
Sample Invoke: I am a planeswalker, fear what I've learned from other planes!
Sample Compel: I am a planeswalker, fear my--gods, you don't see nice things like that in Innistrad...

Omega--Walk Me Where Blue Roses Bloom
Sample Invoke: Can’t we make it better? It doesn’t have to be like this?
Sample Compel: A blue rose is a freak of nature (like me)

Focused: Bloodworking (1 pt), Empathy (Free), Provoke (1 pt), Stealth (1 pt)
Specialized: Notice (Free), Will (Free)

Skill Tree:
+5: Notice, Will
+4: Bloodworking, Provoke
+3: Deceive, Empathy, Magical Lore, Stealth
+2: Athletics, Combat, Physique
+1: Planar Lore, Rapport

Stunts:
Stop Hitting Yourselves: When using Bloodworking against sentient beings in combat, Thale can use any one stunt or weapon rating they have that adds to damage as if he had it himself.

Chancy Gardener: Spend an FP to use Deceive in place of any skills at +0.

How Do You Kill Someone That’s Already Dead?!: Thale can never be taken out by mundane means--the killing blow must always come a magical weapon, spell, or similar

Rose of Innistrad: Aspects and/or consequences created with social skills (Deceive, Empathy, Provoke, Rapport) have 2 free invokes.

Signature Aspect: Triffid Body Snatcher of the Living Dead

Stress:

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 31, 2015

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Khu Yin, the Survivor of Time

Khu Yin has been, and always will be, a craftsman, an artist. His craft is the creation, the forging of blade. His art is the use of his own creations. Hailing from Tarkir, a member of the Abzan Houses, Khu Yin practiced magic much in the way the rest of his world did: through martial arts, through mantra and inner strength manifested. He poured his soul into his weapons, giving them power, sometimes more unusual than others. He was a calm, thoughtful and introverted man, rather content of living his life with his beloved, his growing family, providing teaching for his fellow and means of arms for them, pushing his art the further he could.

The realization of his potential as a Planeswalker arrived with the drawing of blood with the attack on his home during an attack. They came fast, hard, brutal, in large numbers. His household, his neighbors has held a valorous defense. In fact, despite the amount of assailant, the attack was very light. Too light. Khu Yin learned afterwards of their true objective: his own workshop. /His/ blades, gone, stolen.

The rest is something of a blur to him still. He took chase, thirst of blood drumming in his ears, chasing down the men by himself on the spot, burning with rage of being fooled. This proved to be a very bad idea. Despite his skills, he was overwhelmed, taunted and heavily wounded against a tall, gigantic orc. Then something exploded within with his last energies born out of desperation, a burst of energy from the humiliations, the righteous fury. Drawing on new forces he didn't dare to touch before, he reached for his blade and swung. There was a light.

And before he knew it, he was somewhere else. Another world.

It took him some time to adjust, toy with this new flame within him. New sights taught him new things, helped temper out the burning blood within him. More troubling, were his dreams, his memories. Over time, contradicting information scrambled in his dreams, falsehoods mixed with, what he was sure of, were truths. It took him two years, he believes, to find his way back home.

Things had changed. Dragons ruled the Clans. His beloved wife did not know him, beyond a fair acquitance. His wife, his wife in this world, was someone he knew, yet did not know both at once. Friends were sometimes foes, foes were sometimes strangers, strangers were now bitter enemies. A new world erased the one he knew, and only he remembers it, now, in fragments.

So he left. The Planes ought to have answers about this... and if he can help it, he will do something about this. He will forge a blade so grand, so magnificent, one that will pierce the void itself to sever the false and the wrong.

He will create a blade that will sever time itself and challenge the God-like Dragons. On this, he swears.

(Bit wordy, but this is a temporary hold in until Mors helps me with my sheet, been something of a brainstorm for the character.)

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Ramah, the Bellowing Sun

Colors: Red/White

Life can be treacherous among the mountains, even for the monks of the Jeskai Way. Not all mountains are dormant, and not all heights are beyond the reach of the sadistic.

Sultai assassins chased the visionary monk Tuya from the monastery of the Sage Eye Stronghold, attempting to silence the strange prophetic koans of times yet to be. They sought to blind Clan Jeskai with the atrocity, chipping them away piece by piece as they have done before. Thus, Tuya fled for her life with her child in her arms and bodyguards by her side. The nights seemed endless, the assassins tirelessly chasing them onward and further into the increasingly ash spitting mountains. Though the innocent little child Ramah had drifted to sleep, Tuya lay awake, staring into the blinding light she saw in her future. After days, the assassins chased the increasingly dwindling refugees to the Fire Rim, the home of the tempestuous efreet. Unfortunately, as Tuya had foreseen, the peaks began to be crowned with lightning and erupt with lakes of lava. Tuya found herself trapped, alone on the side of the volcano, swept up in the tornado of ash that sought to choke her and her son. Blinded by lightning and with death in front of her, she found herself huddled over the child as a shell, steeling her resolve in the hopes that it might stem the tide of earth's blood just one second long enough for her son to live. Tuya closed her eyes...

The guards at the gates of the Sage Eye Stronghold were shocked to see a group of efreet soldiers at their gates, with a human woman in monk's robes and a child in her arms among them. To the masters' shock, the efreet delivered Tuya and Ramah willingly, speaking of them with awe and reverence. They spoke of how they found them, mother huddled over child, seemingly untouched by the volcanic lightning storm they were caught in. Even more unbelievably, they ascribed their protection to a shell of rock, cool to the touch, wrapped around them as though to comfort them. They claimed that this shield of rock were, in fact, the coils of a dragon.

Ramah grew to be a seven foot tall storm of strapping muscle, thrashing hair, and laughing teeth. He was a booming giant with the fire of an efreet and a restless passion for life that exasperated most of the more reserved masters. The teachings of the various martial and monastic arts seemed to find him with little use for nuance, though that is not to say that he was ignorant. Rather, he just took a bombastic approach to the lot of it. He was not necessarily a scholar, but neither was he strictly in the realm of the furies of the ghostfire adept. He found his style to be that of a gigantic spear, and his martial art to come from some strange force within. He drew strength from the beat in his chest, the electricity within and without his body, the bellowing, shining force he referred to as the "Inner Thunder." The words "blinding," "booming," and "collateral damage" soon followed the discovery of this art.

He did not inherit the full power of the visions that his mother possessed, but he still could take a peek behind the veil. He saw that there was more to life than the monastery and meditation, and it served to stoke the flames within him even more. Tuya saw this restlessness in him, and so she imparted her last words of wisdom and bid him to go and live. Much to the relief of the most exasperated masters, Ramah heeded this directed impulse and headed for the Salt Road. It was only a matter of time before the taste of freedom came with the taste of beer and far away spices, and the open doors of his new life hit him like ambrosia. He was the life of the party, but never at the expense of others. He did much to alleviate the wounds of those in need, and to bring joy to those around him. His roaring voice, warm personality, and flashy martial arts earned him the moniker of the Bellowing Sun. Such was his life on the battlefield, on the Salt Road, and in the tavern.

Then one passage on the trail, Ramah began to see beyond the veil. He saw the visions of his mother, the strange twisting coils of dragons and crystals and spiraling forces of nature, trees and animals and peoples alien to his world, great gnarled canyons and horizonless skies. It all culminated one night into one overpowering vision, as his heart was so filled to bursting that he feared it would leap out of his chest. Among the campfire and the increasingly looming pillars of rune-carved rock surrounding him, he saw as clear as though it were day his true love. A true love so deep that it moves the heavens and the earth, a beauty that thrilled his soul and rocked his mind. And with but a wisp of a touch from her fingertips down his face, the spark within him ignited. The manifold, infinite path of the multiverse opened before him, and he was dumbstruck with the knowledge. Rather than breaking as most would, he laughed the laugh that shook the earth under his feet. Another door had opened, and once more he felt the taste of freedom on his tongue. He felt himself wonderfully and grossly incandescent, and he knew that he would find this love that visited him in the night out in the wild blue infinite. With what felt like a lightning bolt he leaped into the multiverse, and so his tale truly began.

quote:

High Concept: Dragon Ordained Warrior
Invoke: Show monastic discipline; command inexplicable "divine" energy.
Compel: Have timeline shenanigans mess with his head; have strange machinations surrounding his life ensnare him.

Monk: My Fist Is A Tool Of Justice!
Invoke: Stand up for the innocent; solve injustice with proper application of violence.
Compel: Sometimes you can't/shouldn't punch a problem in the face.

Illuminated: A Candle In The Dark
Invoke: Be an inspiration to others; peer through the veil to see details beyond normal sight.
Compel: Be a flashing neon sign to anyone looking for him.

Planeswalker: Beauty Beyond Imagine
Invoke: Speak of and appreciate the wonders of the multiverse; have love inspire him.
Compel: Be driven to find the source of his love; be driven to try new and exciting things.

Omega: LARGER THAN LIFE AND TWICE AS LOUD!!!*
Invoke: Have an enormous amount of self-confidence; do the impossible, row row fight the power; NO INSIDE VOICE!
Compel: Bite off way, way more than he can chew; do completely dumb stunts because; NO INSIDE VOICE!

Stress Tracks:
Physical: [][][][]
Mental: [][][]

Skills:
+5: Athletics, Combat
+4: Notice, Physique, Provoke, Rapport, Thundercast
+3: Empathy, Lore, Will
+2: -
+1: Contacts

quote:

Modes:
+3| Monk: Athletics, Combat, Empathy, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Rapport, Thundercast = 13
+2| Illuminated: Athletics, Combat, Lore, Provoke, Rapport, Thundercast, Will = 9
+1| Planeswalker: Contacts, Lore, Notice, Physique, Will = 4
=26
Specialize to focused (Athletics, Combat) 26 + 2x2 = 30

quote:

Weird Skills:

Thundercast (2):
Cast an enchantment on a person or object by affecting internal energies.
Defend against magic advantages by channeling, deconstructing, or redirecting the spell.
Throw lightning, thunder, and other explosive things during physical conflict.
Solve problems with charged infusions of mana (i.e. electrically...for now).

Lore (0) [courtesy of Gorbash]:
Use your education and theoretical knowledge to create or discover aspects, either with study or by remembering details.
Know things and solve problems based on your education and theoretical knowledge.

Stunts:

So Utterly Titanic [2 Benefits]: Signature Aspect (LARGER THAN LIFE AND TWICE AS LOUD!!!). Additionally, opponents cannot get free invokes on any consequences Ramah may have.

Sky Cracking Spear Style: Ramah gains Weapon:2 when fighting with a spear or spear-like object.

Kung-Fu Hustle [2 Benefits]: When using Athletics to defend in melee and Ramah succeeds with style, the boost has two free invokes. Additionally, Ramah is absolutely better at Athletics than a normal being except when he is in some way bound or tied up.

Burn As The Sun Burns: Once per scene, Ramah may gain Weapon:4 when using Thundercast, but must do so by putting an aspect "Blindingly Bright" on the scene.

SMOLDERING BODY [2 Benefits]: Absolutely better at Physique, but at a cost. Additionally, Ramah may take physical or mental stress to gain a bonus to his next skill roll, with one point of stress equal to +1 bonus.

Stunts = 8 - 5 = 3

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 8, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Gwenyvyn the Meta-Historian

Colors: G, some U/W

I've always said I've written about nearly everything. But there's a glaring omission. My own tale.

Longer ago than I care to admit, I was born on a tiny backwater plane. Shadowmoor was a place of darkness, full of vicious boggarts, paranoid kith, scheming merrow, ruthless cinders, and worse things. Save for my people - the elves. We fought against all of the ugliness in defense of what little beauty remained. For where there was beauty, there was hope.

Though never very much of it. I had been trained as a lore-warden, charged with remembering what was lost. And with ensuring that list grew no longer. Eventually I had to give up my beloved books and scrolls for the sword, joining one of the elite scout units of Safehold Taldwen. We fought tenaciously, but for every victory there seemed to be an equal defeat. An unending stalemate.

Everything changed the day the Aurora came. One far greater than we had ever seen. Before my patrol could even begin to make sense of this portent, we found ourselves knee deep in boggarts. The entire warren was emptying, completely berserk. The only choice we had was to run, to try and draw them deeper into the forest, away from the Safehold.

It was the stuff of nightmares. We lured them away from Taldwen and then tried to escape, but the boggarts had their own ideas. They trapped us at the top of a cliff. A last stand. Before long, I found myself the last still alive, the ground carpeted with the corpses of my friends and foes. The tide begin to ebb, and I wondered if I might still live through this. Then the raidmother herself came. The fight was short and brutal. We went over the cliff together. I still can't say whether I took her with me or the other way around. It was a long fall, and when the darkness came I didn't expect to wake up.

But I did. Somehow. Somewhere. I thought it was just a part of the forest I hadn't seen before. Soon I realized it was something stranger. The shape of the land was wrong, and that was not all. As dark as my home was, it never had that sense of malevolence, that stink of ever-present fear. I wandered for a time. I came on a strange village. An over-sized clachan, its inhabitants equally overgrown kith. They fled at the sight of me. While I was trying to make sense of that, I the winged woman appeared. She had no interest in talk, denouncing me as a demon, attacking immediately.

I'd started to think of myself as a skilled warrior, after so many battles, but I was nowhere near the equal of that woman. It was all I could do to keep her off me. And I didn't manage that for long. I tried to parry a feint, and with an almost dismissive flick of her blade, she took my arm off at the shoulder. The pain was - well, it was so overwhelming I thought it had driven me mad.

Because I was elsewhere. Again. A place even stranger than the one I'd just left. Immense, impossible buildings in every direction, filled with strange people. I just accepted it. Clearly this was all some kind of dying hallucination. I stumbled down the street, and collapsed across a table set up alongside it. It upended, dumping me onto the stone. Before I passed out from blood loss, I saw a ring of faces looking down at me.

When I awoke that time, I was in the care of the Simic Combine. They were bemused when I tried to explain to them who I was. They told me I was clearly some experiment of another guild. They would do what they could to fix my body and my memories. Unlike the winged woman, they were happy to tell me about themselves. Almost too eager. But my curiosity is just about insatiable, so it was a good match. I learned to put names to the things I had seen. Human. Angel. City. Ravnica. It was a lot to take in, but it took a long time to heal. I learned a great deal. Enough that as soon as my strength came back, I slipped away from my increasingly disquieting hosts.

This time I stepped across the boundaries between worlds on purpose. And with a purpose. Home. I crossed many strange and wondrous planes. Theros, a world touched by the gods. Tarkir, the harsh but alluring domain of the great Khans. Zendikar, with its extreme and ever-changing geography. Fiora, with its peerless architecture. I began a journal, eventually a chronicle, of my travels, wondering if anyone would believe me, but longing to share the amazing beauty I had found. So they could know that there was hope, even beyond our own world.

After many attempts, I finally stepped back into my own plane. And once again questioned my sanity. It couldn't be anywhere but Shadowmoor, but it was like seeing through a warped mirror. The darkness was gone. My home had become a place of light and subtle loveliness. Not the great and terrible beauty I had seen elsewhere, but still enthralling. A tranqulity and peace I had never seen before. I wandered and wondered. Eventually I came to where my Safehold should have stood. And then my tranquility was well and truly shattered.

My people hadn't changed, or at least not much. They still fought for beauty. But in a world that was already filled with it, that had become a monstrous thing. While I had grown up in a realm where any hint of color or verdant growth was to be treasured, here it was so abundant that even the smallest flaw was unbearable. And I was well and truly flawed. My people saw my disfigurement. They cursed me as an eyeblight. A thing, worthy only of destruction. I'll never forget hearing that word shrieked at me. I am not ashamed to say I fled.

My home was gone. Only my memories of it remained. I have never returned there. To Lorwyn, as it is now known. Instead, I wandered aimlessly through the multiverse. Finally I came across another of my kind. A planeswalker. He was willing to talk, to teach. I put a name to Innistrad, where I had lost my arm, and to the Blind Eternities. How to truly control my abilities, how to harness mana. I learned enough from him that I could almost forgive him for stealing my last vial of dawnglow. Almost.

I journeyed to Dominaria, since it had such sway over the rest of the multiverse. What better place to learn? On that ill-fated, war-torn plane, I served several masters, as mercenary and as scholar, as I struggled to record the vast changes that came so often there. For my service as an artificer's researcher, I was gifted a new arm, a cunning prosthesis. I traveled far and wide. On one continent I chronicled how empires fell to their own follies. On another I witnessed the coming of the ice, and eventually the great thaw. On yet another I saw a war where time, space, and illusion had become weapons.

Then the Phyrexian invasion. I did my part, but as things went in those days, I was very weak for a planeswalker. I was at most a footnote of the great struggle and sacrifice. When it was over, I stayed on Dominaria long enough to author a few histories of the war, and its aftermath. After that I was well and truly done with that world's never ending armageddons.

I resumed my nomadic ways first by visiting Mirrodin, and saw the first dawns of three suns. My prosthetic was repaired, improved. I wandered the Cliffside Market of Mercadia, and the mage-rings of Vryn. I saw the endless dawn of Serra's Realm and finally got to have a conversation with an angel. I missed the next rounds of chaos on Dominaria, but naturally I didn't manage to avoid their affects. My spark was changed like the rest. For me, it didn't matter much. If anything it was a relief. I didn't owe my long life to the spark after all, and I wouldn't have to spend as much time hiding from the likes of Leshrac and Ravi.

It certainly didn't change my plans. I saw the Immersturm of Valla, the Celestine Reef of Luvion. I spent a very boring summer on Ulgrotha. In the teeming jungles of Muraganda I met a young planeswalker and took my turn as teacher, telling her the way of the multiverse. In return she taught me the basics of summoning. With her as a guide, I crossed the deserts of a thousand-and-one reflections of Rabiah. We parted ways on good terms.

Finally I came to Kamigawa. And there I stayed for quite some time. I'd never shaken my sense of homesickness, not in all that time. On that plane I found a place that felt as close to it as I'd ever found. Or at least, to how I'd always wanted home to be. Its delicate beauty felt right. The people there valued honor and duty, and elegance. They understood the idea that a warrior and a scholar could be one and the same. I served a daimyo and truly mastered the art of the sword. I studied with the soratami and conquered the pen. In many ways, Kamigawa became my home.

But my thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. Fortunately, the multiverse is impossibly vast. The Blind Eternities called me back. There are more stories to learn and wonders to see. For where there is beauty, there is hope.

Character Sheet posted:

ASPECTS:
Concept: Champion of Forgotten Yore
Lore-Warden (+3): The Meta-Historian
Planeswalker (+2): Refugee From a World That Never Was
Warrior-Poet (+1): History is Written by the Victors
Omega: Seeker of Beauty

SKILLS:
Superb (+5): Lore, Physique
Great (+4): Athletics, Combat, Contacts, Empathy, Notice, Provoke, Rapport
Good (+3): Evocation, Sorcery, Will
Free Improvements: Focused - Athletics, Combat, Contacts, Lore, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Will. Specialized - Lore.
Paid Improvements: Focused - Empathy, Evocation, Rapport, Sorcery.
Remaining Points: 0/30

STUNTS:
ARASHIKIRI-NO-TSURUGI [Artifact Megastunt, 2-benefits]

quote:

A soratami katana forged from meteoric iron, heated with lightning, quenched in the rains of a typhoon, it's tameshigiri performed on a wind spirit. Given to Gwenyvyn as a gift after she wrote a three-volume encyclopedia of Kamigawan swords.

Function: Cuts That Which Cannot Be Cut
Flaw: Hated By Air Elementals and Spirits

STUNTS:
BEAUTIFUL BLADE
+1 to attack with Combat. Weapon:2.

IMPOSSIBLY SHARP
Attacks you make with this weapon can damage Indestructible targets.

HISTORICAL REVISIONISM
Once per scene, when another character creates an advantage, you can take control of the aspect and any invokes it has.

YOTIAN PROSTHESIS
Absolutely stronger than any human (Physique), but at a cost.

WITNESS OF THE AGES
Signature aspect: The Meta-Historian.

WROTE THE BOOK ON IT [Megastunt, 2-benefits]
Once per scene, you may compel a known aspect of another character or a location without having to spend a fate point. Additionally, when you use Lore to create an advantage, on a success or success with style you can choose to exchange a free invocation for an additional aspect.

(Total benefits: 7 - 5 = 2 fate points to the GM’s reserve.)

STRESS:

WEIRD STUFF:

Weird Skill posted:

EVOCATION [1]
Summon a creature to make a physical attack.
Summon a creature to defend you against physical attack.
Summon a creature to overcome a physical obstacle.

Weird Skill posted:

LORE [0]

Weird Skill posted:

SORCERY [2]
Use magic to make a direct physical attack.
Counter attacks made with magic.
Counter an attempt to create advantages with magic.
Overcome obstacles created with magic.

Weird Mode posted:

LORE-WARDEN [12]
Athletics, Combat, Contacts, Empathy, Lore, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Rapport

Weird Mode posted:

PLANESWALKER [6]
Contacts, Evocation, Lore, Physique, Sorcery, Will

Weird Mode posted:

WARRIOR-POET [8]
Athletics, Combat, Lore, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Will

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 1, 2015

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Dusan, the Collector {U/G)

Dusan never talked about his time before joining the SImic Combine, preferring instead to discuss biomechanics or exotic chemistry. However, the only thing more prolific than Oozes in any Simic lab are rumours, which multiply and spread with an efficacy unmatched by even the most potent of viruses. WHispers of a childhood on the streets, left to fend against anything stronger. Of a display of biomancy so impressive, Momir Vig himself invited the young boy into the Guild. Whatever the truth, Dusan made for an excellent biomancer, specializing in his mentor's creation, the cytoplasts. Working closely with Momir, Dusan was improving the broadcast radius of the globules each and every day, and becoming a rising star. However, on the eve of the Guildpact Decimillenial, when DUsan was about to unveil his most refined model, an explosion rocked his personal laboratory. When the wreckage was cleared, no sign of the young biomancer was found, and inquiries made to the Syndicate and Swarm turned up nothing. A memorial plaque was erected in the Guildhall, and life moved on for the Combine.

However, DUsan did not die on that fateful day. His latent planeswalker spark manifested, and unceremoniously dumped him on Zendikar, with a supply of his new and improved cytoplasts, with the ability to temporarily draw on the aspects of the host, going to far as to transform the recipient. Fangs, wings, gills; nothing was out of reach. His gutter-urchin instinct to survive kicked in in response to the chaotic wilds of the plane. He roamed far and wide, applying cytoplasts to any promising creatures, and keeping a record of their strengths and abilities on a deck of easily accessible cards, to help keep things organized. After one particularly hazardous experience, Dusan walked away from Zendikar, thinking he had found all the useful creatures to draw from. Now he travels the planes, expanding his collection with a creature for every eventuality, keeping himself safe.

"Character Sheet" posted:

Dusan, the Collector

High Concept--Simic Biomancer Seeking Perfection
Sample Invoke:
Sample Compel:

+3 Biomancer--Cytoplast Specialist
(Athletics,Combat,Notice,Will,Biomancy,Lore,Beast Command, Plant Command--8 pts)
Sample Invoke:
Sample Compel:

+2 Planeswalker--Naturalist of the Multiverse
(Athletics, Contacts, Will, Biomancy, Lore, Illusion, Scheme--6 pts)
Sample Invoke:
Sample Compel:

+1 Street Urchin Survival--Burdened by My Past
(Athletics, Burglary, Deceive, Empathy, Physique, Provoke, Rapport, Stealth, Will, Biomancy, Beast Command, Scheme--16 pts)
Sample Invoke:
Sample Compel:

Omega--Not in the Face!
Sample Invoke:
Sample Compel:

Skill Tree:
+5: Athletics, Will, Biomancy
+4: Lore, Beast Command
+3: Combat, Notice, Scheme, Plant Command
+2: Contacts, Illusion
+1: Burglary, Deceive, Empathy, Physique, Provoke, Rapport, Stealth

Stunts:

Signature Aspect: Cytoplast Specialist

Stress:

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 1, 2015

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Tatyana, Vampire Hunter (W/B)

Tatiana once lived on Innistrad, as an immortal vampire, preying on humanity like the others of her kind. She had existed without questioning her predations for centuries, before a chance encounter with a member of the Church of Avacyn, injured in battle with one of her vampiric brethren. For a reason she couldn't name, instead of killing the man, she kept him alive - at first, perhaps, to torment him, but as the nights passed, she began to question him on the tenets of his faith and soon found herself feeling that his path was the right one.

She soon took up arms against other vampires in Avacyn's name, and before long found she was good at it. She became a talented vampire killer, and protected the humans she once preyed upon with impunity. Then, during a dangerous battle against a powerful vampire lord, her Planeswalker spark manifested as she tried desperately to escape from his overwhelming power - and found herself on another plane entirely. Since then, she's been travelling the planes, trying to gain more power, slaying evil where she finds it, hoping to one day return to Innistrad and slaughter the vampire lord who nearly defeated her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Shiori, the Lying Mirror (U/B)

Shiori, before... Well, before any of this.

Even as a boy, I knew that my destiny lied outside of Numai. I knew that I could not allow myself to become mired in this city, the way my father and my father's father were mired before me. Now, I knew I couldn't just leave. That simply is not how things work in Kamigawa. I had to keep an eye out for the proper opportunity to move beyond my place in this swamp. Until that opportunity presented itself I was stuck there, just another bandit that deserved better. But travelers carry many things, things that an enterprising young man could turn into an opportunity. An invitation to the most prestigious Minamo Academy, for instance. Oh, there was the small matter of the person the invitation was made out to, but lies are a simple thing to a child of Numai. When I finally reached the School at Water's Edge, there was no one that could tell that I was not Noburu Minami.

Times were good at the Minamo Academy, at first. None of the academics were equipped to handle a man such as I, and I drank deeply of their knowledge. There was nothing that could be kept secret from me. Alas, I learnt too late that I was not the only liar in the academy, and there was a far more ambitious magician than I in these halls. When they found me rooting through their notes, well, they decided that I would make a most excellent test subject for their latest project. And if anyone noticed my disappearance, well, there was a war going on. People disappear every day.

They seeked a more practical use for the enchantments they have learned to weave over mirrors. They could replicate whoever was reflected in them, but it required the person to look in the mirror before they could be copied. Just imagine how useful it would be if a person could do this themselves, without the assistance of the person you wished to copy? If your agents could simply copy whoever needed copying? It would be oh so very useful to the war effort. And my meddling volunteered me for these arcane experiments. And if I died in the process? I was just another piece of scum from the swamplands. Nobody would miss me.

The experiments were long. The experiments were painful. But none of that mattered, because the experiments worked. My face was no longer my own, but it was whoever I wished it to be. But that was not the end of the testing, because they knew that I was far too ambitious to be a mere spy, that I would stab them in the back the moment I had the opportunity. And so the tests continued, in the hopes of replicating what was done. But something broke within me. Something changed, on a deeper level than my former teacher could ever hope to change. And so I went to sleep in a cell in Kamigawa, and I woke up some place entirely different.

I am not entirely sure what to do now. After all, I am not the ambitious son of Numai that I once was, by any definition of the term. But even though I do not know myself, I am certain of one thing. Whether you are in the ruins of Numai or a distant corner of the multiverse, one simply needs to watch for the proper opportunity and have the will to take it.

• Locked thread