Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

You vs. the man she told you not to worry about

New Japan returns to Osaka-Jo Hall for its second-biggest show of the year, once again featuring a stacked card that includes the legendary dream match of JON MOXLEY VS. SHOTA UMINO.

AEW Superstar Chris Jericho comes back to New Japan as THE PAINMAKER, who looks to bring down Okada with THE JUDAS EFFECT and celebrate with the IWGP belt in front of 20,000 screaming Jerichoholics. Honestly I kinda hope he wins just for the Twitter meltdowns.

Ibushi and Naito will try to break each other's necks again and it will be rad as heck.

Ospreay is fresh off his second BOSJ win after ending Shingo's streak in an instant classic at the final. Will he unseat Dragon Lee and take the junior belt to the G1? That would be pretty cool. After suffering his first singles loss in the company, Shingo will take out his frustrations on the leader of the Bread Club.

Big Match Taichi will carry Ishii to another four stars, write it down.

GoD vs. EVIL/SANADA is happening again, for ... reasons.

Liger and Suzuki are destined to do this forever.

None of these matches are JON MOXLEY VS. SHOTA UMINO which may or may not end with a ten-bell salute for the young boy. RIP in peace Shota you had a good run.

How to watch: NJPW World, Fite TV. AXS will be airing a limited replay the following week.

The card

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. Chris Jericho
IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Kota Ibushi(c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Dragon Lee(c) vs. Will Ospreay
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Guerrillas of Destiny(c) vs. EVIL & SANADA
NEVER Openweight Championship: Taichi(c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinsion, & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jay White, Chase Owens, and Taiji Ishimori
Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.
Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi
JON MOXLEY VS. SHOTA UMINO

Let's post and have fun together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

gonna nap and catch this live and getting hyped for Shingo to beat up Bread Club

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Got to catch a few winks, and then watch Shota MOTHERFUCKING Umino getting the win over the Death Pervert, Jon Moxley.

And I guess Okada will be there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dominion is almost always right up there with the best cards of the year for any promotion, arguably the BEST in any year and I don't think this show is going to be an exception. I'm loving pumped.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Every year I say, “nah, I’ll watch it in the morning Sunday right away and it’ll be cool and chill af” and every year I’m taking a four nap and GETTING HYPE in the thread

Help me goons I am getting too old for this poo poo

Edit:

Actually last year I didn’t do that because Omega/Okada 2/3 falls no way I’m catching that anything but live

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 9, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taichi's path to the G1 starts here :getin:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
If you told 10 year old me that in 19 years my then-favorite wrestler in the world would be main eventing the second biggest show of the year in the promotion that revitalized my love of wrestling after WWE loving murdered it against the future best wrestler on the planet then I'd ask how you got in my house and call the cops probably. It is absolutely the wrong call for Chris Jericho to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at 48 years old less than a month before the G1 Climax. But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't loving lose my goddamn mind in childlike glee if he did.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1137524748886450176

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm insanely hyped for the entire card but honestly perhaps for nothing as much as Shota vs Moxley. I'd hoped Mox would stick around to do something at Dominion but I had no idea him vs Lil Red Shoes was even a possibility.

Second multiman is gonna be where I go take a poop. Gotta happen at some point, probably (although I didn't have to go to the WC at WK at all).

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 9, 2019

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I’m going to try and get some sleep now, and with luck I’ll actually be able to roll out of bed and get some coffee ready just in time for the show to start. First time I’ve been able to catch NJPW live since I started my job in October (MSG doesn’t count), so here’s to me not passing out at my computer desk.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Getting my shitposting in before start time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnkXXuCgG3I

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

FullMetalJackoff posted:

:perfect:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Watching UFC now, Dominion in a few hours, and then sleeping until I go to the Beyond show tomorrow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FullMetalJackoff posted:

This is absolutely loving incredible :lol:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Have we reached a point where people accept G O A C E over High Energy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRpbXvR3Zxs

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Perfect

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here's the cool thing about both those entrance themes: They loving own.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've had a night of drunken Abba tribute band and will likely watch when I wake up.

GO MOXLEY'S TRUNKS.

GO DRAGON LEE

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/SuitWilliams/status/1137571936035323906

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Lid posted:

I mean it's entirely possible that it's because I heard Love & Energy first, having only started watching a year ago, but I've always preferred it. Getting rid of GO! ACE! would be a straight downgrade imo.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Lid posted:

High Energy is peak puro but Love & Energy has the important call to arms of GO ACE. I think they're both great, even Strange was a good fit for Tana at the time.

Speaking of fitting themes, if you want to talk "punching above their weight" in terms of theme quality vs wrestler status, Saturo Asako is the perennial champ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0mTnt5uMo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Holy poo poo you guys in less 2.5 hours it will be Dominion aaaaaaaaaaaa :supaburn:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
No way I'll be able to stay awake for the whole show but I'm gonna watch as much live as I can

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I know Dominion will be incredible either way. I'm just personally hoping for a tight 4 hour show, because Australia vs Italy starts at 7

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Can’t sleep. Hype’s gonna get me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm making predictions because it is fun.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. Chris Jericho
Jericho

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Kota Ibushi(c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
Naito

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Dragon Lee(c) vs. Will Ospreay
Dragoon Lee

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Guerrillas of Destiny(c) vs. EVIL & SANADA
Uh, GOD? Who cares, Gedo doesn't.

NEVER Openweight Championship: Taichi(c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Taichi

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinsion, & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jay White, Chase Owens, and Taiji Ishimori
Juice pins Chase

Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.
Sabre pins Tacos

Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi
Shingo

JON MOXLEY VS. SHOTA UMINO
Moxley

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I cannot see Jericho beating Okada, like we can think well for AEW reasons he has to win but then he also has to win Hangman Page unless they say well Jericho wins here but he will lose to Hangman which is even more bonkers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jericho taking the belt to AEW would be pretty funny, but unless they're super-duper working us with these "there's no relationship" statements, there aren't many compelling reasons for a title change right now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I wouldn't take those too seriously. They're my heart speaking, not my head.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kazuchika Okada
Tetsuya Naito
Dragon Lee
EVIL & SANADA
Taichi
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinsion, & Ryusuke Taguchi
Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI
Shingo Takagi
JON MOXLEY

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I want Jericho to win because I want to hear his promos when he is number one champion of the most wrestleman promotions in the world.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Okada
Ibushi (I have a strong feeling that the loser here is winning the G1)
Ospreay (Dragon's had a good run, but I'm not convinced the Hiromu rematch, whenever it happens, needs the belt involved)
Taichi (we all love Ishii but let's be honest, he's a rich man's Goto when it comes to losing big matches)
GoD (somehow I forgot they were still the champs)
Tana/Juice/Taguchi (Juice pins Chase in a "get your heat back after losing your belt" spot)
Liger/Tacos (Suzuki and Liger immediately brawl into the streets of Osaka, Tacos rolls up Sabre in his annual "we'll pretend you're not a total geek for a month" pre-G1 warmup)
Shingo
DEATH RIDER

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
A little over an hour till Mox gets to murder a youngboy. I'm giddy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People haven't been this excited for the murder of a young boy since the Purple Wedding

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Gonna try to make it through the night to watch an international murder. Hope Red Shoes made all the funeral arraignments.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Live stream is up, get in early to avoid login issues

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Forums Poster Raeg and I are at the Hall now. My 6000-yean seat isn’t amazing as it’s behind the stage, but I can see the ring perfectly and it’s nowhere near as far away as the 2F seats at the Dome. Raeg’s is on the floor somewhere.

They just showed an amazing noodle ad with Tanahashi in it :stare:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Benne posted:

Live stream is up, get in early to avoid login issues

Yeah, people should load it up now and just leave it going. I do this for every big show and I never have an issue.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

extradite THIS! posted:

Forums Poster Raeg and I are at the Hall now. My 6000-yean seat isn’t amazing as it’s behind the stage, but I can see the ring perfectly and it’s nowhere near as far away as the 2F seats at the Dome. Raeg’s is on the floor somewhere.

They just showed an amazing noodle ad with Tanahashi in it :stare:

Some sexy noodle eating right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I am ready to watch some Good Wrestling