Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Tony_Deppen/status/1273428821971218433

Imagine seeing this moment on national TV. Thank you Tony Khan.

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 6/17 mostly via https://www.f4wonline.com

quote:

AEW World Tag Team Championship match: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page defeated Dustin Rhodes & QT Marshall (w/Brandi Rhodes) to retain the titles

There were some issues here. Good wrestling in this match but way too much nonsense went on around the wrestling.

First, by not having Allie out there from the beginning you telegraphed that there wouldn't be a finish until Allie showed up.

Second, the commentators were all over the place. Excalibur was busy trying to explain the Dustin/Brandi/Allie/QT story for those who don't watch AEW Dark. Tony Schavone was reading messages that Britt Baker was passing him. Britt is great and she and Tony are great together but somebody has to call the action.

Omega and Dustin began. They did a spot where Dustin took an accidental headbutt in the corner. That laid the foundation for the story of the match. Dustin sold like he was woozy and forced QT to work much of the match.

Omega hit a springboard double sledge to QT. Page hit a sliding lariat on QT for a near fall. Omega hit a kotaro krusher. The story was that QT was taking a beating but surviving.

QT made a hot tag to Dustin. The Natural Nightmares logo on Dustin's bodysuit began peeling off. That's a perfect metaphor for this team. Dustin was great here delivering his destroyer and flip dive off the apron plus a powerslam. QT hit a QT Special, which Excalibur accurately referred to as ugly.

Allie came to the stage to try to fire QT up. QT hit a diamond cutter. QT got cut off and Page hit him with a rolling elbow for a two count. Omega hit a v-trigger for a near fall.

The finish saw Omega and Page hit the Last Call. Omega covered QT for the pin.

Allie's appearance led to nothing.

The announcers previewed the rest of the card. They revealed that Cody would be defending against someone from outside of AEW tonight.

We got an Anna Jay promo package. She said she's signed to AEW and is still figuring out the entertainment side of wrestling.

Abadon defeated Anna Jay

Abadon has a horror movie gimmick. Abadon squashed Jay and pinned her with a hurricanrana.

After the match, Dark Order entered with Jay still down in the middle of the ring. Evil Uno presented Colt Cabana an envelope. Mr. Brodie Lee nodded at Cabana.

5 and 10 helped Jay out of the ring and to the back.

Jay has a world of potential, she just needs ring time and consistency. We'll see how her story with Dark Order plays out.

MJF (w/Wardlow) defeated Billy (w/Austin & Colten Gunn)

They had to pay this off with a match after they shot the angle last week but I'm still not sure why they shot the angle.

Billy hit a big boot and a thumb to the eye. MJF teased walking out but Billy followed him up the tunnel and carried him back to the ring.

Billy went for a fameasser but MJF avoided it, hit a chop block and took control of the match before an ad break. MJF and Wardlow posted Billy and worked over his legs during the break.

Billy made a comeback after the break. MJF jawed with the referee. MJF went for a fameasser but Gunn blocked and hit a fameasser. Wardlow jumped on the apron and took the ref. Wardlow passed MJF his diamond ring.

Wardlow went after Austin and Colten on the floor. Gunn went after Wardlow and sent him into the barricade. Gunn climbed back inside and MJF nailed him with the ring.

MJF immediately covered for the pin.

After the match, Wardlow, MJF, Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt had a pull-apart at ringside.

Alex Marvez interviewed Jericho and Guevara backstage. Jericho said Marvez has a fat head.

Jericho and Guevara promised to beat Best Friends to a pulp tonight. Jericho said he and Guevara are more than friends, they're blood brothers and blood is thicker than orange juice.

Tony interviewed Britt Baker. He started the interview by announcing Penelope Ford vs. Hikaru Shida for the AEW Women's World title at Fyter Fest.

Baker said that Ford is only getting the shot because she's hurt. Baker then got pissed at Tony and said they're on a friendship timeout and TNT will be pissed at Tony for losing an interview with her.

Baker called for Reba to roll her away but Big Swole was revealed to be driving Baker's cart. Swole drove off.

Cody entered for the open challenge.

He cut a promo. He said the air is thin and it's lonely at the top. He said when Jake Hager beat him down last week he noticed that there were no members of The Elite or Nightmare Family that came to his aid.

Cody wondered if he was still in The Elite or if The Nightmare Family was still a family. This was the most overt tease for a heel turn in the series of teases for a heel turn that Cody has been doing.

Arn Anderson cut a promo. He said that timing is everything and the timing for the match with Hager at Fyter Fest just isn't right.

Nonetheless, Arn said, he had an opponent for Cody tonight, someone who would be a good test.

A Ricky Starks video package then played. Starks put himself over as the hottest free agent in wrestling.

Starks then entered for the TNT title match.

AEW TNT Championship match: Cody defeated Ricky Starks to retain the title

Cody gave Starks a ton and they had a very good TV match. They worked it more as a back and forth athletic contest than your traditional heel vs. babyface battle.

The repeatedly cut to Hager backstage as he watched the match on TV.

They locked up and traded hammerlocks. Cody missed a charge into the ropes and sold his ribs. Starks set Cody up in the ropes but Arn pulled Cody out of the way before Starks could connect. That was a total heel move, nothing subtle about it. Starks hit a big DDT and a top rope superplex.

Cody hit a suicide dive. JR couldn't help but seize the opportunity to poo poo on suicide dives.

The finishing sequence saw Cody miss a disaster kick which led to a series of cradles for near falls. Cody then hit Cross Rhodes for the pin.

Cody and Starks shook hands after the match.

The Young Bucks defeated Superbad Squad (w/Penelope Ford)

Good action in this match but way too much going on, as is the theme of tonight's show.

Referee Rick Knox took a pair of pliers away from Havoc before the opening bell.

Havoc went right after Matt's heavily taped ribs. Nick tagged in and The Bucks hit some tandem offense and stereo planchas. Butcher and Blade jawed with the Bucks from the audience.

Butcher and Blade jumped on the apron and took the ref. Havoc hit Matt with a wet floor sign and the Squad worked Matt over through a commercial break.

FTR came to ringside to watch the match.

Matt made his own comeback then made a hot tag to Nick. Nick ran absolutely crazy on the hot tag. He hit a springboard attack to the stage on Havoc.

Nick used a sharpshooter on Sabian. Havoc grabbed a hammer and took the ref. Ford jumped in and hit Nick with the wet floor sign. Havoc hit an implant DDT for a near fall. Sabian tagged in and hit an assisted DDT for a near fall. Sabian missed a double stomp off the top.

Havoc and Matt tagged in and bedlam ensued.

Matt hit northern lights suplexes. Matt and Nick hit risky business. Sabian hit a top rope double stomp. Pin falls were broken up. Sabian was bleeding from the neck for some reason.

The match broke down. Matt and Nick made Sabian assist them in hitting an Indytaker on Havoc. The Bucks hit stereo superkicks.

The finish saw Matt and Nick hit stereo kamigoye knee strikes to Sabian for the pin.

Butcher and Blade jumped the Bucks immediately after the bell. FTR jumped in and hit Butcher and Blade with Goodnight Express.

The Bucks hit Blade with an Indytaker. FTR hit Havoc with a spike piledriver at the same time.

The segment ended with FTR and The Bucks facing off in the ring.

The announcers threw to a Taz and Brian Cage video.

Taz explained the scene last week where Moxley and Cage went at it. Taz said Moxley is stealing his gimmick that he came up with decades ago.

Cage interrupted Taz and said he can't wait for Fyter Fest to rip Mox's head off and take his title.

Cage said nobody better than Cage.

Moxley cut a pre-taped promo. He said he has bad demons that only beating people up in the ring can keep at bay.

Sammy Guevara vs. Matt Hardy, Mr. Brodie Lee & Colt Cabana vs. Joey Janela & Sonny Kiss, Wardlow vs. Luchasaurus in a lumberjack match, FTR vs. Natural Nightmares and Jon Moxley in action with Taz on commentary were announced for next week's Dynamite.

JR asked Tony for an update on Big Swole abducting Baker. Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Reba used an app to track Britt's phone and she found Baker in a dumpster. Baker chewed her out.

Baker promised to sue Big Swole and beat her if it's the last thing she does.

"Unkillable" Matt Hardy joined the commentary desk for the main event.

Guevara entered singing Jericho's entrance song.

The main event is next.

The Best Friends vs Le Sex Gods

The Best Friends attacked

Both teams did some moves

Floyd did a run in to give Le Sex Gods the advantage

The Best Friends did some moves

Floyd did another run in

The camera man tripped Sammy

The Best Friends won.

It was a good match.

Orange Cassidy attacked Chris Jericho.

It was a good show.

News
WILL JOHN ZANDIG FACE CODY FOR THE TNT TITLE?
Abadon has signed

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT WEEK:
Brodie Lee and Colt Cabana vs Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss
Sammy Guevara vs Matt Hardy
WARDLOW VS LUCHASAURUS
Some other stuff who cares
WARDLOW VS LUCHASAURUS
and FTR vs Natural Nightmares

7/1 and 7/8:
FYTER FEST
Jon Moxley vs Cage
The Best Friends challenge for the tag titles!
Cody vs Hager
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy vs Chris Jericho

Links
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your First TNT Champion who has never had his belt stolen period:

Your First New Champions in AEW History the Second AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1245549015804116992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AEW Dynamite whips rear end

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I love wrestling. I've always loved wrestling. AEW just reminded me of that.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
one of the best episodes yet and it had very little Jake Hager :thunk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What a great loving show that was, and OC going ham at the end was incredible.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

From the Dynamite thread but I went back and looked and OC was there from the beginning of the match. Makes sense but a cool detail.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here are this week's dynamite poster of the week and runners up. Great job on posting during AEW dynamite in the thread for aew Dynamite.

1. smarxist
2. SHVPS4DETH
3. ShallNoiseUpon
4. TV Zombie
5. Ganso Bomb

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Best Friends are going to be the Tag Team Champions next month.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1273435938027429888?s=19

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dynamite went by super fast and I loved it

I like aew

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I hope Cavauro's power lasted long enough this week for them to watch Dynamite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's cool how much of CZW's DNA is in AEW

i remember watching it on local TV after ECW kinda fell off and thinking there was something really special there but sad that it never really caught on

also I saw that Sick Nick Mondo is working production for AEW too, which is cool

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
fyter fest shaping up to be real good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cavauro posted:

here are this week's dynamite poster of the week and runners up. Great job on posting during AEW dynamite in the thread for aew Dynamite.

1. smarxist
2. SHVPS4DETH
3. ShallNoiseUpon
4. TV Zombie
5. Ganso Bomb

some good posters here

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1273437328414031874

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1273437806552113153

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DuhSal posted:

fyter fest shaping up to be real good

Fyter Fest, too Byg for One Nyght

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

1. smarxist
2. SHVPS4DETH
3. ShallNoiseUpon
4. TV Zombie
5. Ganso Bomb

That's right baby!!!!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Is Tommy Schiavone still in time-out?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

OctoberCountry posted:

Is Tommy Schiavone still in time-out?

He's free?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's gonna be in double secret time-out for not being there when Britt needed him the most

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1273438807833141248

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, the Anna/Abaddon thing was special. Can't remember the last time someone got a big debut package like that, then just got demolished and it immediately turns into an angle where two people get pushed, the weird jobber who got the win and the name who's like "What now"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don't know who could hate on this show.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1273436969066995714

Allie is so sweet

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Giving QT the confidence to stand up for himself, instead of being a beta like Chuck Taylor.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Oh this is a really good conflicted probably turning heel with justifications type promo

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Loved this episode love this show. OC for life.

I needed orange juice today. I remembered that in the Shot of Brandi episode that OC said he prefers Tropicana so I guess I'm letting wrestlers make decisions for me now.

Britt Baker does more in a wheelchair than anybody else in the ring and someday the world will understand.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how does allie get her eyelashes that big

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Colt calling Brodie Lee "Mr.Brodie" is just sending up things in my head that he's committed to being a Dark Order member.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Colt is a pretty good actor, and it'd be super interesting to see him go through a gimmick crisis with Dark Order

the fact that he mentioned talking to Sonny in specific was interesting, because of what match they have next week, I think Mr. Lee is gonna demand some extra violence from his new recruit

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1273441172560777217

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

HELL YEAH HELL THE gently caress YEAH

i didn't even know about him before tonight but i'm so stoked for him

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/annajay___/status/1273440351139831809?s=20
https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1273439128059871237?s=20

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

YAY.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Him and Abadon is a pretty good combo signing for the night.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TV Zombie posted:

Colt calling Brodie Lee "Mr.Brodie" is just sending up things in my head that he's committed to being a Dark Order member.

Yeah it’s like he’s bought in and just doesn’t realize it yet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

how does allie get her eyelashes that big

Huge false eyelashes or perhaps two sets of them.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Big Swole is so good just let her talk trash to everone on a live mic regardless of if she's in a match and she'll crush it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/tntdrama/status/1273417176125325312

Dammit Toney, you’ve let the network down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'm not gonna lie I could not care less about Ricky Stark. I am loving pumped that Abadon got signed.