Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
thread for posting about your greatest gamer sins, which must remain forever unspoken in polite society.

first confession i would like to make is that FF8 is my favorite final fantasy. second is that i am legit excited about the new star wars squadrons game even though it is a star wars game and made by EA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I stopped playing Etrian Odyssey Nexus when it asked you to customize the appearance and pick a name for all your party members. Just auto generate them ala fft and i'll pick the ones I like please.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i traded final fantasy 3, chrono trigger, streets of rage 2 and 3, and chameleon twist for majora's mask and an expansion pak when it was new.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I wrote an email to EGM stating that Ocarina of Time was terrible and their perfect score was a sham. The email got published along with my email address and my inbox was flooded with Playstation haters even though I didn’t mention the Playstation at all. In reality, I never played Ocarina of Time. Still haven’t played it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

herculon posted:

I wrote an email to EGM stating that Ocarina of Time was terrible and their perfect score was a sham. The email got published along with my email address and my inbox was flooded with Playstation haters even though I didn’t mention the Playstation at all. In reality, I never played Ocarina of Time. Still haven’t played it.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

herculon posted:

awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

herculon posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

herculon posted:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I submitted a lame-rear end basic picture of Mew for some Pokemon Snap photo contest, just because it was worth a poo poo ton of points

like I was the only kid who found Mew or something! pretty embarrassing looking back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I printed out a Blue Eyes White Dragon and glue sticked it to a generic card. It didn't fool anybody at school.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

That’s not mine but mine might be in that same issue if that’s the one the month after the review. I don’t remember mentioning any other game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is the only other one that doesnt mention mgs

egm response

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 27, 2020

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

JOHN CENA posted:

this is the only other one that doesnt mention mgs

That’s it!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

herculon posted:

That’s it!

lol that's extremely funny if you've never played it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

egm was very Gotten To

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860675&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post492809458

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

m8 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860675&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post492809458

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

That’s it!

Lol awesome

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've only ever pirated a game once in my entire life and it was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

All of my confessions can be found in the previous, goldmined thread about the same subject, OP.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I didn't like/care about the story but otherwise loved Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

I didn't like/care about the story but otherwise loved Xenoblade Chronicles X.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

blame the phone app for the link it gavew me

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

herculon posted:

lol at this and the link to it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao at that letter

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

All of my confessions can be found in the previous, goldmined thread about the same subject, OP.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860367&userid=155029#post485150761

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860367&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post485152284

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mods please somehow make that post double goldmined

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Altoid1

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

altoid1@hotmail.com

Don’t bother emailing that address to say MGS sucks poo poo, I haven’t used it in probably 15 years.

herculon fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 27, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I made a custom GameShark code for GoldenEye that made whatever character you picked in multiplayer look like Bill Clinton and submitted it to N64CC using my email address at the time, Bond_Boy@hotmail.com

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

When I was in the eight grade my first ever email address was nessgoku@hotmail.com. I had it for about a year until the first time I had to give my email address to someone in person and felt so embarrassed that I told them I didn't have one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was really into mafia and pokemon back in the late 90s and my username was charizardscumhunter@aol.com it wasnt until i signed on that i immediately realized how it could be misread and i started getting flamed in the america online chatrooms i begged my mom to let me change my name but she told me that sometimes we have to live with our poor life choices

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

i was really into mafia and pokemon back in the late 90s and my username was charizardscumhunter@aol.com it wasnt until i signed on that i immediately realized how it could be misread and i started getting flamed in the america online chatrooms i begged my mom to let me change my name but she told me that sometimes we have to live with our poor life choices

lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

JOHN CENA posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

Lmfao brutal