Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

...a machine wants to know for reasons that are probably not at all nefarious:

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783003788307202053

It also wants to know about your butt:

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783184949599956992

I wish I knew why it said these things, but Karpathy once said:

quote:

a lot of these conclusions are slightly hand-wavy as the hidden state of the RNN is a huge, high-dimensional and largely distributed representation.

...so I guess I'll never understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
No pain, no gain.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
based on this thread, I wish I'd picked the wings

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm gonna hold out for more superpowers.

Flight isn't even that cool on its own. Even Aquaman is better than Hawkman.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I like to read about flies on the internet.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Masturbation is more important than flight OP.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Flying is the best superpower because nobody would be afraid of you being a danger to society if you woke up one day and could fly, unlike pretty much every other super power people can think up.

Nobody invites the girl who reads minds or the dude with invisibility to their BBQ but everyones cool with can fly but is otherwise normal guy.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

EvilJoven posted:

Flying is the best superpower because nobody would be afraid of you being a danger to society if you woke up one day and could fly, unlike pretty much every other super power people can think up.

Nobody invites the girl who reads minds or the dude with invisibility to their BBQ but everyones cool with can fly but is otherwise normal guy.

What about the power to exude overpowering harmless innocence no matter what you are doing?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

What about the power to exude overpowering harmless innocence no matter what you are doing?

That's pretty close to what the Purple Man/Kilgrave does; what happens when you're no longer nearby?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
so if i take the flying option, the internet would cease to exist? or would i just be blocked from ever using it (painlessly of course)?

if it's the first, then gently caress yeah i'd take flight.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Lol poo poo yeah I'd take flying. gently caress the internet, its only good for online banking and paying bills, both things id happily do manually again if I could fuckin fly

hmmm id have to wear some kind of protective suit though i suppose dont want to die to a bird or hail or something

god dammit

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Crusader posted:

That's pretty close to what the Purple Man/Kilgrave does; what happens when you're no longer nearby?

no it's more of a metalogical power rather than a psychic one, impossible to ascribe wrong doing to by any logical process

You're like a pope who was addressing the heads of state of the entire UN, live on television, while quadriplegic and the sole investor in an insurance company that will have to pay out everything any time something bad happens who is also an adorable puppy. The power just automatically puts you in that league of innocence, all the time.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

no it's more of a metalogical power rather than a psychic one, impossible to ascribe wrong doing to by any logical process

You're like a pope who was addressing the heads of state of the entire UN, live on television, while quadriplegic and the sole investor in an insurance company that will have to pay out everything any time something bad happens who is also an adorable puppy. The power just automatically puts you in that league of innocence, all the time.

Ah, got it!

I think the machine needs some morality lessons :(

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783728612285509632

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If someone could fly, the governments of the world would immediately outlaw flying and it would be worthless to have that power. So Internet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what is the point in being able to fly after someone already beat you to the wtc?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I'm on an airplane right now OP.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783592696048979968

Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

e: There sure are a lot of butt polls.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Mega64 posted:

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783592696048979968

Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

e: There sure are a lot of butt polls.

Yeah - they're the most popular ones, which I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by :(

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

EvilJoven posted:

The best superpower would be remote control-like functions for time. Pause, rewind, fast forward. You can buy a 2k superlight aircraft (basically a gokart with a helicopter lift system installed) if you wanna conquer gravity but there's no conquering the great destroyer, that evil force which turns todays into yesterdays.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
I'd rather get my neg rear end poz'd.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

gently caress da Mods posted:

I'd rather get my neg rear end poz'd.

Pm me :bigtran:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
haha cool

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
I'd rather get my butt plugged by genesplicers veiny old cock

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Sticky of the day.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Does the question mean "if I could choose to do either without having to use technology?" Like browse the internet with my inner mind's eye or some bullshit?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I would fly and claim to be Jesus and convince people to invent some sort of alternative that's just different enough from the internet to not be plagarism so i could use it to promote my wrestling gimmick. I'd make special appearances as Jesus at wrestling events worldwide and do some cool flying wrestling moves. Gotta make some dough because body armor costs an arm and a leg. On my off days (Sunday) I would fly around in UFO shaped shells and poop down chimneys.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I only need to go abroad a few times a year, tops.

But with no internet, my worklife will become incredibly boring.

The choice is obvious: quit my job and go flying around the world.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I would literally have to quit my job if I couldn't use the internet.

Voted fly, time to retire :angel:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I want to know more about how to use the internet without the pain!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783411475264200706

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I already a butt of all the jokes

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Crusader posted:

Ah, got it!

I think the machine needs some morality lessons :(

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783728612285509632

This one gave me a hearty guffaw as I wait for hurricane Matthew to bully and kill me

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783502085987897344

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/782822566448734209

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

wyntyr posted:

This one gave me a hearty guffaw as I wait for hurricane Matthew to bully and kill me

Hopefully the scenario holds and by bullying you, Matthew is the one that dies.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How fast could I fly? This is important

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

UltraRed posted:

How fast could I fly? This is important

Let's say airliner speed, but not Silver Age Superman speed where you can time travel under your own power:

baby picture
Aug 7, 2004

I wish I could press a button and a rope would instantly tie around my ankle and I would be hung out of the highest window of the highest skyscraper in the world
I read the blog post in the OP. 🤖

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Robots also fascinated by butts confirmed. (Robutt)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
wyr be a alien or a brony

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783819224582090752

id rather be dead, mate

• Locked thread