Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I was playing some post party scrabble yesterday and got into a big fight with my friend cos my winning maneuver added bi to monthly creating bimonthly now we don't play super serious but this caused a board flip and a lot of harsh words. Anyone here have some expertise to decide this? does the scrabble world discriminate against bi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

also this game was heated when he started dropping two letter words at the start lots of respect never to be recovered has been lost between parties

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

this is a real thing that happened and i need assistance

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Or you could have just Googled if it was a valid scrabble word and not be a bunch of retards

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Sorry that was rude.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

google? this is scrabble mate not some computer game you loving nerd

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
If it was like

BiMONTHLY
Ad
S
K
I
N
G

its okay but otherwise no fl*pping way, op.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

sounds like its ok to use to me

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
http://www.wordfind.com/word/bimonthly/
Is bimonthly a scrabble word? Yes!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Huh after checking online apparently this is a legit move; I was taught as a kid that you could only extend by one letter either way, as a part of another word, but this is supposedly not true. hosed up.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
bimonthly is a word. it's okay to use

sorry that you play scrabble with morons

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

holy shiiiittttttt

yessssss

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
If you use dumb twoletter words you are a punk bitch.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

just text the link to him;

thankyou

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

jBrereton posted:

If it was like

BiMONTHLY
Ad
S
K
I
N
G

its okay but otherwise no fl*pping way, op.

Elfgames posted:

If you use dumb twoletter words you are a punk bitch.

jBererreton you stand accused of being wrong about scrabble; case in point you tried to falsify my legitimate maneuver AND claim its only worthwhile in combination with the punk bitch use of 2 letter words.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
You can use bifurcate, bizarre, or bimbo.

You cannot use bigley, bitcoin, or bisexual because those not real things

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
buttsex should be a scrabble word, the only other option I have with those letters is subtext!

...coincidence?? :tinfoil:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

The Management posted:

http://www.wordfind.com/word/bisexual/

welcome to the owned zone

quote:

Is bisexual a scrabble word? Yes!
n. - A person who is sexually attracted to both sexes
adj. - Sexually attracted to both sexes
adj. - Having an ambiguous sexual identity

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

a whole buncha crows posted:

jBererreton you stand accused of being wrong about scrabble; case in point you tried to falsify my legitimate maneuver AND claim its only worthwhile in combination with the punk bitch use of 2 letter words.
I plead guilty, albeit miseducated to the first bit.

2 letter words are legit though

The Management posted:

Bigly is the antonym to Lowkey and is going in the 2016 [in extremely dictionary voice] Dictionary of Twitter Phraseology as such.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
good move, but an even better move is "No thanks I'd rather staple my dick than play Scrabble"

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Zorodius posted:

good move, but an even better move is "No thanks I'd rather staple my dick than play Scrabble"

this was after party chill out my man

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 WARP
its a heated debate. the argument goes both ways

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bimonthly shouldn't be a word anyway. Not if you need to immediately follow it up with a clarification that you mean "twice a month" or "every two months'. You might as well just explain what you mean and not use the word at all!

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

this was after party chill out my man

was it like that episode of parks and rec where rob lowe asks the raccoon looking guy if he wants to Boggle at like 3AM?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
or was it more like the parks and rec where ron and tom play scrabble and then april causes office mischief?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

i'm not talking about adding a prefix that's ok but http://www.wordfind.com/two-letter-scrabble-words/ words are loving dumb

edit: http://www.wordfind.com/two-letter-scrabble-words/www.wordfind.com/word/za/ look at this poo poo it doesn't even have a drat definition!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Elfgames posted:

i'm not talking about adding a prefix that's ok but http://www.wordfind.com/two-letter-scrabble-words/ words are loving dumb

edit: http://www.wordfind.com/two-letter-scrabble-words/www.wordfind.com/word/za/ look at this poo poo it doesn't even have a drat definition!

i know EXACTLY what you meant

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Away all Goats posted:

Bimonthly shouldn't be a word anyway. Not if you need to immediately follow it up with a clarification that you mean "twice a month" or "every two months'. You might as well just explain what you mean and not use the word at all!

Agreed 100%. What a garbage word. This word was pulled out of a dumpster by raccoons.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Jonny 290 posted:

its a heated debate. the argument goes both ways

You can't take a hard stance on the rules one minute and then go for the squishy interpretation the next. Pick a side!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

glowstick party tonight posted:

was it like that episode of parks and rec where rob lowe asks the raccoon looking guy if he wants to Boggle at like 3AM?

i searched for my voice and soul in the light morning rain then we watched luke cage and some crazy movies and played scrabble and monopoly it was a tense deceitful affair

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Zorodius posted:

Agreed 100%. What a garbage word. This word was pulled out of a dumpster by raccoons.

the scrabbledome isnt a place for 'feelings'

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Have you considered adding the very good (and cheap!) card/deception game "Coup" to your friendship-endangering roster of games?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just lmfao if you dont use two letter words like an amateur scrub piece of garbage that will get owned in every single scrabble game they ever play

2-letter words are the essence of the game at the high levels.

and holy poo poo there was a goon that didnt know the rules to scrabble posting earlier :negative: one of the simplest games ever created and somebody misunderstood the rules. only goons.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

and holy poo poo there was a goon that didnt know the rules to scrabble posting earlier :negative: one of the simplest games ever created and somebody misunderstood the rules. only goons.
I was taught scrabble by my parents with those rules and only ever played it with them, other than like 2 times as a student :shrug:

I guess the tactics are totally different if you can actually add all manner of stuff to both ends of a word at the same time, lots more ways to get around blocking.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

jBrereton posted:

I guess the tactics are totally different if you can actually add all manner of stuff to both ends of a word at the same time, lots more ways to get around blocking.

scrabble is a complicated, tactical game. yeah

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

thathonkey posted:

just lmfao if you dont use two letter words like an amateur scrub piece of garbage that will get owned in every single scrabble game they ever play

2-letter words are the essence of the game at the high levels.

you are only trolling yourself!!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Here's the scrabble word that will get you the most points OP:

QQ

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

can you be bi and play scrabble tho

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

you are only trolling yourself!!

turn your monitor on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Anyone that plays any board games with any kind of house rules is a spergtard. I played risk with these dudes that had a rule that you during your turn you could move anytime any number of armies. I would end up that when attacking, if you lost you could just reinforce immediately and keep funneling armies to the battle. It was lol nope. Of course they didn't explain all their nonsense house rules until a few turns in when they were like oh you don't play this completely wrong way?

• Locked thread