Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
The 41st Millenium: Theocratic fascism is the order of the last 10,000 years, the twilight of the human species is at hand, hope is a candle in a hurricane. But it's not all bad! Take your life in your hands on a voyage with a Rogue Trader and if you survive flying through Hell to fight the alien inhabitants of the places you visit, keep your soul in the face of their mindbogglingly heretical philosophy, and manage not to blow yourself up with their stolen esoteric technology you could become incredibly rich! The priests say you can't take wealth with you when you go, and everyone stands before the God-Emperor alone - but hey, there's a first time for everything. So strap on your bolt pistol, raise the void shields, have a three-eyed mutant plot a course through the warp, and pray that when death finds you it's mercifully swift!

This is a standard PBP game of FFG's aging and endearingly crap Rogue Trader system! Veterans and complete newbies alike are welcome to apply - probably going to limit to 6 active players, but we'll see what happens. If you don't have the books/aren't comfortable with things like 'rules' ask here or on #acolyte for help. Character creation will be as follows:

• NO ALIENS this means you!
  • Point buy
  • Rank 1 starting characters
  • Max Wounds and Fate
  • I would prefer a minimum of heresy at the start - there will be plenty of opportunity to go off the rails later.
  • Seriously no aliens.
  • Standard starting requisition + whatever common craftsmanship/common availability/negligible scale stuff
  • One 'free choice' on the lifepath thingy
  • if you want to make more than one application, feel free! unused characters will join the crew as NPCS unless I don't like them

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

spare post for putting stuff

Dynasty posted:

Profit Factor:

Rogue Trader Volodymyr Surikov XIII played by MaliciousOnion
Arch-Militant Katherine Carpenter played by Ronwayne
Astropath Ngeshtin-ana played by Schizotek
Explorator Magos Vimmik played by Vicissitude
Missionary Erika Coronado played by Dachshundofdoom
Navigator Falkine Vissitta Oges played by Skellybones
Seneschal Mikhael Lyte played by professor_curly
Void-master Leopold Sumpter played by Werix

Ship posted:

house rules posted:

Primitive weapons are included in the appropriate Universal weapon training because why the hell should a sword be any harder to use than a chainsword.
Heavy Weapons Training is available at rank 1 if you want it for some reason?

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 7, 2017

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

pre:
Name: Ngeshtin-ana
Homeworld: Feral
Birthright: Unnatural Origins (Contaminated Environs)
Lure of the Void: Hunter (Xenos)
Trials and Travails: Dark Voyage
Motivation: Devotion (Duty)

Characteristics
WS:  25+3+20    = 48
BS:  25         = 25
S:   25+5       = 30
T:   25+5       = 30
Ag:  25+20      = 45
Int: 25+20      = 45
Per: 25+20      = 45
W:   25-5+3+3+20= 46
Fe:  25-5-3     = 17

Wounds: 
Fate Points: 2
Corruption: 0
Insanity: 1d5
XP: 5000

Skills
Navigation (Surface) (Int)
Scholastic Lore (Beasts) (Int)
Speak Language (Tribal Dialect) (Int)
Survival (Int)
Tracking (Int)

Talents
Peer (Mutants)
Resistance (Fear, Poisons)
Sprint
Unshakable Faith

Powers
Mind Probe
Beast Master

Traits 
Fear (1)
Iron Stomach : +10 to Carouse Tests to resist  the ill effects of ingested toxins, poisons and tainted foods
Primitive : -10 Tech Use (Int) and -10 to Fellowship based tests made in civilised or formal surroundings
Rite of Passage : Feral Worlders may spend a Full Action to make an Intelligence test to staunch Blood Loss.

Equipment

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 7, 2017

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Alesaunder Rodrigo de la Saunt Rivas Martino Colon von Trier Helias-Pelegrin-Durant
Prudence is a virtue, or so philosophy teaches. Yet one needn't look far to see houses of old glory now wallowing in obscurity, brought down by small degrees from the heights of power to their present and detestable situation. Little treacheries and little cowardices, moments when one shirked from the dangerous road for what was familiar and safe. Even the mightiest fortress might be brought low by such forces. This Alesaunder has seen, and has resolved to forever fight against. No, not for him the small compromises and small dealings of lesser men. His is an appetite that would devour star systems, pride and ambition and an unflappable taste and decorum all coming together into this scion of the mighty house Helias-Pelegrin-Durant, a dynasty well-respected for the actions of the last greatest head of the house, Xab. Alesaunder would go beyond even his most illustrious forebears.
pre:
Career: Rogue Trader
Homeworld: Noble born
Birthright: Vaunted
Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny (Fated for Greatness)
Trials and Travails - High Vendetta
Motivation - Pride [Ancestral Seal]

Characteristics
WS:  25 +15    = 40
BS:  25 +10    = 35
S:   25 +15    = 40
T:   25 +15    = 40
Ag:  25 +12 +3 = 40
Int: 25 +10    = 35
Per: 25 + 8    = 33
W:   25 + 5 -5 = 25
Fe:  25 +10 +5 = 40

Wounds: 5+8 = 13
Fate Points: 4+1 = 5
Corruption: 2
Insanity: 10
XP: 5000

Skills
        Awareness (Per)
        Command (Fel)
	Commerce (Fel)
	Charm (Fel)
	Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
        Dodge (Ag)
	Evaluate (Int)
        Inquiry (Fe)
	Literacy (Int) +10
	Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) (Int)
        Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader) (Int)
	Speak Language (High + Low Gothic) (Int) +10

Talents
        Air of Authority - Affect 1d10+Fe bonus targets w/ successful Command check
        Ambidextrous - Does not suffer -20 offhand penalty
        Decadence - +10 bonus to resist addiction, don't pass out until 2xTB failed checks
        Melee Training (Universal)
        Paranoia - Alert at all times
        Peer (Nobility, Government) - +10 Fe when dealing with group
        Pistol Training (Universal)

Traits
        Brook No Insult - WP test to withstand provocations to Honor
        Etiquette - +10 Fe in formal situations and w high authority
        Exceptional Leader - 1/turn, may give ally +10 to one skill
        Vendetta - Powerful enemies

Equipment
        Ancestral Seal - +10 interaction bonus when displaying to Imperial citizens/organizations
        Fine Clothing
        Micro-bead
        Xeno-pelt cloak - Tiger of Transarma, ruby-red with black spots

Enforcer Light Carapace armor [Best] - 6 All
        Plasma Pistol - 30m, S/2/-, 1d10+6 E, 6 Pen, Clip 10, Rld 3 Full
        Power Sword (Mordian) - 1d10+5 E, 5 Pen, Power Field, Balanced. +15 Parry
        Conversion Field (Locke Pattern) - 50 pts, overload 1-10
Advances
Rank 0: 4500-4999
        Dodge - 100
        Secret Tongue (RT) - 100
        Ambidextrous - 200
        Awareness - 100
Rank 1: 5000-6999
Starting Acquisition: Conversion Field

Friar John fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 7, 2017

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Falkine Vissitta Oges

"So I was assigned to the courts of our beloved Lord Hax, you know, meet and greet, give everyone a firm handshake or kiss on the cheek. Everyone loves it when a nice Navigator comes in, it's all the novelty of seeing a mutant crawl up from the underhive with none of the executions. But, when my powers grew in, it wasn't that great. Didn't turn into a walking blob or snake-faced thing, but not great. You can feel it now, can't you? The taste of blood in your mouth, a faint ringing in your ears, something's wrong somewhere but you don't know what? Yeah, so that's not great when you're supposed to be wowing the powerful and selective, they don't like that sort of thing. So I got kicked onto the first ship available, not supposed to say what happened but a lot of people died. Family is upset, the Imperial Navy is upset, you get the picture. So basically I need a new ship pretty soon, I'm supposed to get out of here before someone thinks I'm trying to eat their soul or whatever. You going into the Koronus or what?"

pre:
Career: Navigator
Homeworld: Noble Born
Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny - Xenophile
Trials and Travails: Darkness - Warp Incursion
Motivation: Exhilaration - No Joy Unexplored
Lineage: A Proud Tradition - Shameful Offspring 

Characteristics:
WS:   25  +0
BS:   25  +0
S:    25  +0
T:    38  +10 +3(No Joy Unexplored)
Ag:   35  +10
Int:  45  +20
Per:  42  +20 -3(Vaunted)
WP:   40  +20 -5(Noble Born)
Fel:  53  +20 +5(Noble Born) +3(Vaunted)

Wounds: 11
Fate Points: 4
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 8

Skills:
Carouse
Common Lore (Navis Nobilite)
Forbidden Lore (Navigators)(Warp)
Gamble
Literacy
Navigation (Stellar)(Warp)
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)
Speak Language (High Gothic)(Low Gothic)

Talents:
Decadence
Light Sleeper
Navigator
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Talented (Navigate (Warp))(Psyniscience)

Navigator Powers:
The Lidless Stare (Novice)
Gaze Into the Abyss (Novice)

Mutations/Malignancies:
Unnatural Presence: All your tests that involve positive social interaction are at –10, whilst all those that involve intimidation or inducing fear are at +10.

Traits:
A Gaze to Pierce the Soul: Bonus Gaze into the Abyss power, can raise to +30
Etiquette: +10 bonus on Interaction Skill Tests when dealing with high authority and in formal situations
Destitute: -1 starting Profit Factor
Legacy of Wealth: +1 starting Profit Factor
Mercantile Opportunists: +10 to Barter, Charm, Carouse tests
Supremely Connected: Gain Peer (Nobility)(Underworld) 
Vendetta: An enemy is out there
Xenophile: +10 to Fellowship Tests with alien races or cultures. –5 to Willpower Tests with alien artefacts and psychic powers

Gear:
BC hellpistol
BC metal staff
BC xeno-mesh armour
Emperor's tarot deck
Silk Headscarf 
Nobilite robes
Charm
Micro-Bead

Acquisitions:

Advances:
Total 12950/13000
Rank 0 4500-4999
100		Darkness - Warp Incursion Origin (Resistance (Psychic Powers), Light Sleeper, +1d5 Corruption)
200		Exhilaration - No Joy Unexplored (Decadence Talented (Psyniscience), Carouse, +3 Toughness, +1d5 Corruption)
150		A Proud Tradition - Shameful Offspring (Decadence Talented (Navigate (Warp)), Gamble, +1d5 Corruption)

Rank 1 5000-6999 (Navis Scion)

Starting Navigator Mutation: 1d100 98 Unnatural Presence
Starting Corruption: 3#1d5 3 2 3

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Darius Andronicus Werth-Geredenko

Oh, Holy Emperor on the Throne! I swear it was all a misunderstanding! I didn't know she was Cardinal Heinrich's favourite niece. Oh.. you're not here about that umm sorry when I saw the armed guards and everything I just assumed...

Never mind. Darius Andronicus Werth-Geredenko at your service. Yes one of those Geredenko's you probably know my father he's quite prominent in the governors court. Fabulously wealthy old noble family with all the required in-breeding, generations old feuds and more real estate than even we can keep track of to which come with that. Not that any of this matters to me you understand. I'm just the 8th son I leave all the politics to my father and brothers they enjoy that stuff. I would have been quite happy to sit at home and drink and snort my way through my portion of the family inheritance but it seems my father had other plans. "No it's the Ecclesiarchy for you lad." I remember him saying despite my protestations that I wasn't particularly religious or scholarly or in any way shape or form cut out for clerical life. But have you tried saying no to my father? Even Governor Hax doesn't do it without a good reason. So off I went one more voice raised to exalt the god-emperor.

You'd at least think I would have got a nice quiet position in a cathedral out of it right? But no instead I got assigned to work with the Imperial guard as an attached chaplain. Ok I guess but while I've always been fairly handy with a sword I can't hit the broadside of a palace with a lasgun. Also no one told me that the regiment I was assigned to was the 190th Vostroyan Firstborn those guys are all hardcore killers who must have popped out of their mothers womb saluting and with a blade in their hand as they did so. Still it should have been simple, stand in the back with the commanders, shout out the occasional uplifting sermon for the common grunt and generally kick back and watch these guys win the war. Unfortunately someone neglected to tell the Orks what I had planned.

See they managed to overrun the command post I was at and I... uhh panicked. I'm not proud of it but have you seen an Ork? they're bloody frightening and this one was bigger than most. I tried deflecting the great big axe he was carrying but those Ork bastards are strong and my parry did nothing. Luckily he only caught me with a glancing blow leaving me with a little scar and in need of a change of pants. But then the panic set in. I was outmatched and outnumbered. Luckily in all my panic I'd held onto my flame-thrower and I managed to point the drat thing in the direction of the nearest Ork and pull the trigger. Orks are not exactly sweet smelling to start with but burning Ork has a terrible odour all of it's own one that I still fancy I can smell on occasion. Because the God-Emperor cares for fools, drunks and children I managed to do this exactly as our reserves slammed in a counter attack making me the hero of the day and earning me a ticket off the emperor-forsaken rock we were fighting over.

Once I was back at court the scar and my "heroics" made me quite the hit with the ladies at court. Which kind of leads me to my current little predicament. So exactly how fast is this Rogue Trader of yours and when can I come on board?

pre:
Characteristics

Backgrounds
Noble Born -> Vaunted ->Fated for Greatness-> Hand of War-> Fortune

WS:  25 +15+5  = 45
BS:  25        = 25
S:   25 +15    = 40
T:   25 +10    = 35
Ag:  25 +10 +3 = 38
Int: 25 +10    = 35
Per: 25 + 5 -3 = 27
W:   25 +15 -5 = 35
Fe:  25 +20 +5 = 50

Wounds: 11/11
Fate Points: 6/6
Corruption: Vaunted Corruption: 1d5 2
Insanity: Fated for Great Insanity: 1d10+1 7
XP: 4500/5000

Skills
Literacy
Speak Language (High Gothic)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Common Lore (Imperial Creed)
Common Lore (Imperium) 
Forbidden Lore (Heresy) 
Medicae  
Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed) 
Dodge
Charm
Awareness
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy)

Talents
Peer (Nobility)
Peer (Imperial Guard)
Decadence
Flame Weapon Training
Hatred (Orks)     
Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Pure Faith
Unshakeable Faith

Traits 
Etiquette
Legacy of Wealth
Vendetta
Face of the Enemy (Orks)

Equipment
Good-Craftsmanship chainsword
Good-Craftsmanship flamer 
Best-Craftsmanship guard flak armour
Ecclesiarchal robes, 
aquila pendant
sepulchre 
censer and incense
micro-bead.

Rank 1-5000/5000
Dodge-100
Charm-100
+5 WS-100
Awareness-100
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy)-100

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 3, 2017

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Baruk the Technoshaman
A new Captain and a new Shaman. It is fitting.

I have the honor of being the chief shaman for the ship. I am a master of the hidden ways, learned at the feet of the wise elders. I know the tales of every spirit aboard this mighty vessel.
In this I follow in the footsteps of my ancestors - my people have lived in these ships for generations, since the earliest of days. Here we shall remain until the end of days - lead us well, Captain.

pre:
Baruk the Technoshaman
Rank I (5000)
Homeworld: Void Born
Scavenger
Lure of the Void: Tainted - Deviant Philosophy
Trials and Travails: Warp Incursion (100xp)
Motivation: Devotion - Loyalty (100xp)
Lineage: Witch Born - Proven to be Pure (200xp)
Explorator

WS____ (3) 30 25+05
BS____ (3) 30 25+05
ST____ (3) 30 25+10-5
To____ (4) 40 25+15
Ag____ (4) 40 25+15
In*___ (4) 45 25+20+5
Pe____ (3) 30 25+05
WP____ (6) 61 25+20+5+3+3+5
Fe____ (3) 30 25+05

Wounds 13/13
Fate 4/4
Insanity +1d5
Corruption +1d5
Experience 5000/5000

Skills
Logic (In)
Tech-Use (In)
Common Lore (Machine Cult, Tech) (In)
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech, Adeptus Mechanicus) (In)
Speak Language (Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Ship Dialect, Techna-Lingua) (In)
Literacy (In)
Trade (Technomat, Voidfarer) (In)

Talents/Traits
Light Sleeper
Logis Implant
Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)
Resistance (Fear, Psychic Powers, Psychic Techniques)

Charmed
 Whenever a void born character spends a Fate Point (though not if he burns one), roll a 1d10. On the roll of a natural 9, the Fate Point is not lost.
Ill-omened
 Void born characters suffer a –5 penalty on all Fellowship Tests made to interact with non-void born humans.
Shipwise
 Navigation (Stellar) (Int) and Pilot (Spacecraft) (Ag) are untrained Basic Skills (instead of Advanced Skills) for void born characters.
Void Accustomed
 Void born are immune to space travel sickness. Zero- or low-gravity environments are not considered Difficult Terrain for void born characters.
Loyalty
 +5 bonus to all Willpower and Fellowship tests made while aboard the ship the character lives on.

Gear
Best Lasgun
Best Shock staff
Enforcer Light Carapace

Multikey
Void suit
Injector
Sacred unguents
Micro-bead
Combi-tool
Dataslate

Servo-skull familiar

5000/5000 xp
Level 0 (4500-5000)
0100 Trials and Travails: Warp Incursion (100xp)
0100 Motivation: Devotion - Loyalty (100xp)
0200 Lineage: Witch Born - Proven to be Pure (200xp)
0100 Simple Intelligence
Level 1

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 6, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Might do an arch-militant.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
There will likely be a Rogue Trader or Seneschal showing up here soon.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Can I play an alien?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

MaliciousOnion posted:

Can I play an alien?

Yes!

no

although if you go to other planets technically you will be the alien!

:2bong:

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Probably either a Seneschal or Missionary.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Erika Coronado

If the God-Emperor can redeem a hive ganger, He can redeem anyone. I am living, walking proof of the mercy and love He offers for all mankind. I was the lowest of the low: lowhive trash, a ruthless killer. First time I gutted someone I was six. Lost count of how many Enforcers I did in. We used to take bets on how long we could keep 'em alive when we caught 'em, heh heh. They got the message: 13th Street were the real bosses down there. Good times.

But you can't live outside the Emperor's light forever. Where Enforcers fail, Arbites don't. They understand there's no such thing as too much zeal. When the crackdown came, the whole hive level burned. The riots were fun, yeah, but the end was in sight. Imperial Law's a sacred institution, which made the Arbites insturments of the God-Emperor, and the Emperor never loses. So 13th Street died. Each and every last one. Except for me. When I saw there was no way out, I swore to the Emperor that if he'd just spare me I'd serve him for the rest of my life. Then I set off the explosives, because gently caress the Arbites, nobody beats 13th Street without a bloody nose.

Took about a day to dig myself out of the rubble. Had to cut my own arm off with my boot knife. Wasn't fun. Arbites had already rolled out, figured we were all dead. Suckers. Anyway, I knew this fallen Coghead who hid out in the drains doing, y'know, Coghead things. So I bound up my stump, snagged what was left of the obscura stash and went visiting. Ended up smoking what I didn't give him as painkillers, he didn't exactly have a proper surgical setup. Arm's ugly, skeletal, and the fingers are a little sharp. Took a while to stop poking myself. But it works, and once I could flex the fingers, I did the right thing. I carved that drat heretic open and tossed him into the sewer, took back my obscura, cracked open his antibiotics supply, and vacated the premises. A promise is a promise. The Emperor spared me and I wasn't going to suffer a heretic.

I went straight to the nearest seminary and asked to join the Ecclesiarchy. Insisted, actually, had to crack a few skulls to get the point across. Eventually I found a preacher in there who admired my zeal. He handed me the keys to the reliquary, told me I was welcome to whatever holy instruments I desired, and even gave me some documentation that'd fast-track me onto the crew of a Rogue Trader who'd sent a message asking for a missionary. Said he thought I was a perfect candidate to be sent as far away from the Imperium as possible. So I nicked this flashy shield and a box with Saint Drusus's name on it, grabbed some nice gear, and headed for the spaceport to find my destiny.

It's a humbling thing, to be an instrument of the God-Emperor. That's why I still carry my gang marks. Not just in memoriam to my family, but as a message to everyone I meet: when the Emperor comes for you, you kneel, and if he sees fit to spare you, you drat well better give thanks. We're going to bring his light to the darkest corners of the galaxy. We're going to bring His word to lost souls. This is a holy mission. We have the Emperor's Blessing so long as we work in His name, and I don't aim to lose that Blessing. So I swear on the Golden Throne: if you won't live for the Emperor, you'll die for him. I will slit you ear to ear with a smile. The Emperor loves us, blesses us, and has a plan for us all, so not doing your damnedest for him is high heresy. Got it? Cheers then, go about your business. Emperor bless you. I'll see you all at the next Mass.

I'd better see you.

pre:
Career: Missionary
Homeworld: Hive World
Birthright: Stubjack
Lure of the Void: Zealot (Blessed Scars)*
Trials and Travails: High Vendetta
Motivation: Pride

Heirloom Table: 90

Characteristics:
WS:   50 (25 +20 +5 Origin +5 Advance)
BS:   25 (25)
S:    40 (25 +15)
T:    40 (25 +20 -5 Homeworld)
Ag:   40 (25 +15)
Int:  25 (25)
Per:  25 (25)
WP:   40 (25 +15)
Fel:  40 (25 +15 +5 Homeworld -5 Origin)

Wounds: 14
Fate Points: 4
Insanity: 2
Corruption: 0

Skills:

Charm
Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Inquiry
Intimidate
Medicae
Speak Language (High Gothic, Hive Dialect (U), Low Gothic)
Tech-Use (U)

Talents:

Quick Draw
Paranoia
Pure Faith
Unshakeable Faith

Traits:

Accustomed to Crowds
Hivebound
Wary
Blessed Scars
Brook No Insult

Gear:

GC Chainsword
Storm Shield
GC Flamer
Autopistol
BC Guard Flak Armor
Bionic Arm (Left)
Eccelesiarchical Robes
Aquila Pendant, Sepulchre, Censer, Incense
Micro-Bead
Reliquary of Saint Drusus
Clip/Drop Harness
Filtration Plugs
Void Suit
Medikit
Glowglobe
Lho-Sticks

Acquisitions:

Storm Shield (-30 Extremely Rare +30 Negligible)
Autopistol (Common)
Clip/Drop Harness (Common)
Filtration Plugs (Common)
Void Suit (Common)
Medikit (Common)
Glowglobe (Abundant)
Lho-Sticks (Common)

Advances: EXP spent 5000/5000

Rank 1-5000/5000
Blessed Scars Quality Upgrade-200
Dodge-100
Charm-100
WS +5-100

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 8, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Leopold Sumpter, Former Imperial Navy Warrant Officer

Leopold is one of the types of men that makes the Imperial Navy proud, the definition of loyalty and reliability. Leopold was born and raised battlefleet from a long line of family born and raised battlefleet. While not hailing from the Gothic sector, Leopold's birthship had responded before the system was cut off. The ship spent the next few years chasing down Chaos vessels, though it was an Eldar corsair that put the ship out of commission. When Leopold later found out that Battlefleet command allied with the Eldar, it filled the loyalist with rage; he stubbornly believed that the Imperium could fight the Xenos and Chaos.

Still, Leopold had demonstrated himself well, attaining the rank of a Sergeant-at-arms at the age of 20. he went on from there to a number of commands, working his way up to Ship's Master under a Captain of the Battlefleet of the Calaxis sector. Time and again Leopold was cited for his bravery in combat alongside his strict yet fair demeanor and handling of the ratings. During this time as a Ship's Master Leopold developed a skill at piloting voidcraft, which led to some victories.

Someone else took notice of Leopold's achievements. The revolving door between public service and private service is well known, and Leopold was no exception. he had been approached by an old officer from a ship he had served on who was working recruiting for a rogue trader dynasty. Leopold initially refused and the typical draws of money and fame didn't budge the old space dog. It was only when he was told that the rogue trader wanted to bring death and ruin to the enemies of man did it finally sway the Ship's Master.

Leopold had put enough years in to retire with a Navy pension, which was no peanuts compared to his wage as a rogue trader's void master, but he still felt obligated to collect the Pension.

pre:
Career: Void master
Homeworld: battlefleet
Birthright: unnatural origin- tainted by warp
Lure of the Void: Crusade-call to war
Trials and Travails: Hand of War
Motivation: Fortune

Characteristics:
WS:   45=25+20
BS:   45=25+15+5(call to war)
S:    30=25+5 
T:    30=25+5 
Ag:  45= 25+20
Int:  35=25
Per:  20=25-5(BF) 
WP:   43=25+15+5(BF) +3(warp tainted)
Fel:  45=25+20+3(BF) -3(warp tainted)

Wounds: 11
Fate Points: 5=1+4
Insanity: 10
Corruption: 10

Skills:
Common Lore (Imperial Navy +10, War)
dodge
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Navigation (Stellar)
Pilot (Space Craft +10, Flyers)
Speak Language (Low Gothic, Battlefleet war cant)

Talents:
Pistol weapon training (universal)
melee Weapon training (universal)
Nerves of steel
Basic weapon training (universal)
Peer (military)
Hatred (eldar, Chaos)
Dark Soul
Jaded

Traits and spcl powers:
Face the Enemy: issues working with Eldar
Officer on Deck: +5 to command while on ship
Void accustomed: no space sickness, low and z-g
not difficult terrain. 
Ship bound fighter: -2 ini and double range penalties
when not in a confined space. 
Mastery of space: re-roll failed tests for ship manoeuvre actions

Gear:
common-Craftsmanship power sword
Best-Craftsmanship hand cannon
Guard flak armour 
Micro-bead
void suit
blessed ship token
re-breather
Imperial Navy uniform
2 bottles of amasec
pict-recorder
vox-caster.

Acquisitions:
Clovis Plasma Gun (ITS page 113)

Advances:
Total 4950/5000
Rank 0 4500-4999
Crusade-call to war 150
unnatural origin tainted by the warp 200
Dodge 100

Warp taint origin corruption: 1d10 10
call to war instanity: 1d10 10

Werix fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 6, 2017

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Mikhael Lyte
Heir to a Fallen Family

My family used to be one of you, the rogue traders who ply the stars. No longer. Our fortunes have been squandered, our possessions seized and our warrant stripped from our line. I never knew the granduer that such a blessing bestowed, but I can see the heights that we have fallen from. In fact that's why I'm here. I won't lie to you, I want a warrant of my own. I want to reclaim what was stolen from my family, and return it to its rightful position of glory. However, that is not a practical goal in the short term.

We have... resources in my family still. Hidden places, secret stashes of gold and more. Nothing too extravagent, but well worth pilfering, and now up for grabs. Luckily, we'd lost track of a few before our misfortunes came down so strongly upon us. After all, if we couldn't find them then the sharks tasting blood in the water couldn't find them either.

But I've found some of these lost places again. And I'm offering to share them, and my services, with you.

Why? On my own, I can't defend what remains of my family's legacy. Soon, word will inevitably spread of what I have discovered. My family's rivals will descend upon me and peck away the last scraps from the bones of our fortune, one way or another.

Unless of course, you get them first. A warrant is a powerful thing. Of course, my intent is for this to be a... relatively temporary arrangement. But who knows, maybe our two lines will merge. In the meantime, I will also give you my full abilities in the management of your wealth and the pursuit of lucrative business opportunities. I believe you'll find everything in order with my records, to show that I have results to back up my words. If you're interested, I am staying in one of the luxury apartments by the spaceport. I will have everything ready for your answer.

pre:
Name        Mikhael Lyte
Career      Seneschal
Homeworld   Child of Dynasty
Birthright  Savant
Lure        Duty to the Family
Trial       Lost Dynasty
Motivation  Prestige
Lineage     Heir Apparent

Cur. Wound 11
Wounds     11
Cur. Fate  5
Fate       5
Fatigue    0/6
Insanity   
Corruption

Armour 
Head   3
Larm   3
Rarm   3
Body   3
Lleg    3
Rleg    3

WS  30 = 25 + 5
BS  45 = 25 + 20
S   30 = 25 + 5
T   30 = 25 - 6 + 11
Ag  30 = 25 + 5 
Int 51 = 25 + 6 + 20
Per 34 = 25 + 9
WP  30 = 25 + 5
Fel 50 = 25 + 5 + 20

XP spent   5000
XP unspent 0
XP total   5000

Skills:
Barter
Commerce +10
Common Lore (Underworld)
Deceive 
Evaluate 
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech)
Inquiry +10
Literacy 
Logic
Speak (High Gothic)
Speak (Low Gothic)
Speak (Trader's Cant)

Talents:
Enemy (UNKNOWN)
Rival (Rogue Trader Family)
Talented (Commerce)
Talented (Inquiry)

Traits:
+3 Starting Ship Points
+2 Starting Profit Factor

A Child of Dynasty gains a +5 bonus to all Fellowship Tests
to interact with high-ranking officials of the Imperium and
members of the Imperial nobility in a formal setting.

Unseen Enemy: This character has an enemy who covets
their position, their wealth, or their ship. The Child of
Dynasty has no idea who this person is, or the fact that
they’re coming for them. The GM determines this
foe and is free to reveal this enemy at any given
time. The character gains the Enemy Talent; the
group is this unseen foe.

Characteristic increases:

Mutations:

Gear:
Inferno Pistol
Best-Craftsmanship Hellgun
Xeno-mesh Armor
Navis Prima (Good Quality) 
Autoquill
Dataslate
Micro-bead
Multikey
Synskin
Chrono
Chamoleoline Cloak

XP:
Lost Dynasty  (400xp)
Heir Apparent (100xp)

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Fringe space is as full of wonders as it is nightmares. Vimmik was lucky to see the first, and even luckier to survive the second. He was assigned to a relatively small colony world where it seem like the only work he would do would be to keep the harvesters and transports working. But there was a secret purpose to the deployment. He was happy to think that his superiors saw his talent and thought he would be the right choice to investigate xenos tech in a ruin elsewhere on the planet, but a part of him wasn't quite convinced. He had been reprimanded several times for an unhealthy interest in tech that was borderline forbidden by the Mechanicus.

The pastoral life was ruined by an Eldar raid. It was hard and fast and in the end, nobody was truly certain who had been the culprits, the craftworld Eldar or their dark kin. But too many were dead to make the colony last, let alone prosper. It would be years before more Imperial citizens could be shipped in to replace those who died. It was the passing of a rogue trader that saved them. Nobody starved and the equipment was replaced. The price, however, was a 'peek' at the ruins that were apparently the focus of the Eldar's attention. Vimmik was on hand because his expertise was second to none. He was, after all, the presiding authority on the planet. The attack left him with a cynical attitude and some hasty yet effective weapons training and he had wanted to go to make sure everything was on the up and up.

What they'd discovered was nothing short of remarkable. Pretty soon all thoughts of staying with the colony went up in smoke the way the habs had. Vimmik decided that he had to follow the crew and be allowed to study the xenos tech. Being a part of the Rogue Trader's staff meant a wide variety of sources and avenues for exploration were opened to him. It was a decision that was pondered only briefly, but in the end he left for the stars.

pre:
Name: Magos Vimmik
Career: Explorator
Homeworld: Forge World
Birthright: Fringe Survivor (Heretek)
Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny (Xenophile)
Trials and Travails: Hand of War
Lineage: N/A

WS:   30 = 25 + 10 [-5 Homeworld]
BS:   43 = 25 + 15 [+3 Fit for Purpose]
S:    40 = 25 + 15
T:    40 = 25 + 15
Ag:   30 = 25 +  5
Int:  56 = 25 + 20 [+5 Homeworld] [+3 Birthright] [+3 Lure]
Per:  35 = 25 + 10
WP:   35 = 25 + 10
Fel:  25 = 25 +  0

Wounds: 10/10
FP     : 4/4
Insanity:    0
Corruption:  3

Skills:

Common Lore (Tech)
Common Lore (Machine Cult)
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech)
Literacy
Logic
Speak Language (Explorator Binary)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Speak Language (Techna-lingua)
Tech-Use
Trade (Technomat)

Talents:

Hatred (Eldar)
Heavy Weapon Training (SP)
Logis Implant
Talented (Common Lore: Machine Cult)
Talented (Forbidden Lore: Archeotech)
Talented (Tech-Use)
Technical Knock

Traits:

Mechanicus Implants
Stranger to the Cult
Unnatural Int x2

Gear:

Best Saint-Blessed Carapace Armor (Heirloom Item)
Good Hellgun
Good Power Axe
Multikey
Void suit
Injector
Sacred Unguents
Micro-bead
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Servo-skull familiar
Good Cortex Implants
Good MIU
Good Autocannon

XP:                          5,000/5,000

Rank 0                            0-4999
----------------------------------------
Birthright                           100
Upgrade Implant > Good               200
Upgrade Implant > Good               200

Rank 1                         5000-6999

Rank 2                         7000-9999

Rank 3                       10000-12999

Rank 4                       13000-16999

Rank 5                       17000-20999

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 6, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, let me know if I missed anything, I haven't played much RT.

Alistair Borovich, Astropath-Transcendent

Alistair was born among the stars, to a family of unregistered psykers. They ran a small salvage ship, pulling what little of value they could from the debris of bygone battles. Of course, this sometimes included field-stripping a frozen corpse left floating in the black, an activity that still gives Alistair nightmares on occasion. However, his parents' continual experiments with their powers and the Warp inevitably drew attention from the Imperium, and it wasn't long before one of the black ships had caught up to them. Exposure to Warp energy had given Alistair, still a small child at the time, particularly powerful psychic abilities for his age, but his soul was judged to have been left untainted, and he was deemed worthy of being trained as an Astropath-Transcendent. While the training was at times grueling, and the binding ritual the closest he has ever been to death, Alistair still considers his transformation one of the best things to have ever happened to him. It freed him from a life of scurrying around the forgotten edges of the Imperium, collecting junk that was barely worth enough to buy food. With his newfound power, Alistair eagerly embarked on assignments for the God-Emperor.

However, it wouldn't take long for Alistair to become disillusioned with his new position as interstellar communicator. His power allowed him to maintain a greater range unaided, but his inexperience left him expendable. This combination saw Alistair assigned primarily to scouting and expeditionary vessels, which would invariably lead to close encounters with the Imperium's many enemies. During one such encounter, some follower of Chaos tore open a hole into the Warp itself. While the ship Alistair was aboard managed to escape, most of the crew had already been driven insane. They only barely made it back, and the entire crew, save Alistair, had to be purged. Alistair, once again declared pure of spirit, realized his mental defenses were a cut above the rest, in keeping with his innate abilities. However, he hasn't had a good night's sleep since. It wasn't long after that incident that Alistair called in what few favors he had amassed, in order to get himself assigned to a Rogue Trader. Rogue Traders were the only other vessels likely to need his extended range, so he hoped his reassignment would be approved as a reasonable use of resources. Alistair had no intention of dying on some suicide mission with a bunch of no-name grunts. With a Rogue Trader, he could gain glory, fame, and favors. But it in't petty riches Alistair wants, but power. With the spoils he gains from his work in the Expanse, Alistair intends to raise his station, perhaps land a nice, cushy planetside assignment with a big house and some servants. His ascension from lowly scavenger to direct servant of the God-Emperor was just the beginning...

pre:
Name        Alistair Borovich
Career      Astropath-Transcendent
Homeworld   Void-Born
Birthright  Scavenger
Lure        Tainted (Mutant)
Trial       Warp Incursion
Motivation  Prestige
Lineage     Proven to be Pure

Wounds     13
Fate       4
Fatigue    4
Insanity   5
Corruption 4

Armour 
Head   4
Larm   4
Rarm   4
Body   4
Lleg    4
Rleg    4

WS  25
BS  25
S   20
T   40
Ag  40 
Int 45
Per 40
WP  53
Fel 40

Skills:
Awareness
Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica)
Forbidden Lore (Psykers)
Invocation
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Cryptology)
Speak (High Gothic)
Speak (Low Gothic)
Speak (Ship Dialect)

Talents:
Heightened Senses (Sound)
Talented (Psyniscience)
Light Sleeper
Unremarkable
Resistance (Psychic Techniques)
Psy Rating 3

Traits:

Roll 1d10 when spending a Fate Point, keep the Fate Point on a natural 9

-5 to Fellowship tests with non-Void Born humans

Navigation (Stellar) and Pilot (Spacecraft) are untrained Basic Skills

Immune to space sickness

Zero- and low-grav environments are not Difficult Terrain

Immune to sight-based effects, but can't see Untouchables

+20 to willpower tests vs. daemons

Roll an extra d10 when rolling Perils of the Warp, take the more favorable result

Mutations:

Wyrdling (Psy Rating +1, pick two powers from one discipline)

Gear:
Best-Craftsmanship Stub Automatic
Common-Craftsmanship Shock Staff
Guard Flak Armor
Charm (a saint's finger bone, a congratulatory gift from a tutor before Alistair's binding ritual)
Void Suit
Micro-bead
Psy-Focus
Recaf (not so much in his inventory as in his hand every single morning)
Chrono (set to current local time)
Chrono (set to local time on Terra, or as close as possible)
Chrono (set to local time of current destination)

Powers:
Astral Telepathy
Mind Link
Mind's Eye
Mind Probe (Wyrdling)
Short-Range Telepathy (Proven to be Pure)
Psychic Scream (Wyrdling)

XP: 50 XP available

Choosing Tainted mutation rather than rolling  (200xp)
Warp Incursion (100xp)
Proven to be Pure (50 xp, discounted due to duplicate talent)
Short-Range Telepathy (100 xp)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Volodymyr Surikov XIII, a.k.a. Lody the Lucky

"Ah, thank you for coming, I'm so glad you could make it! Please, would you like refreshments? I have the finest pickled bull-grox eggs you will ever taste, they're simply divine. No? Your loss.

"Mm, delicious! Now, I know you're here to discuss the terms of your debt restructuring and I've been- excuse me.

"Carl, this had better be important, I am in the middle of a business discussion. Ah, yes, I did call for you. I have a security issue that needs attending right away. Yes, there is a plot afoot. A man was watching me in one of the corridors. How would I know who he is? He had a moustache. The corridor outside the observation deck. I don't know, the right observation deck. Yes, starboard, that's what I said. Look, I don't know, just round up all the men with moustaches in that area and have them executed. Yes, and put out a notice that moustaches are outlawed. Oh, and tell Alphonse we'll need to do some recruiting.

"I am terribly sorry about that, I do apologise. Now, about your debts. Are you sure you don't want something? What about some salted kroot spleen?"

pre:
Name: Volodymyr Surikov XIII
Career: Rogue Trader
Home World: Child of Dynasty
Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny (Fated for Greatness)
Trials and Travails: High Vendetta
Motivation: Prestige
Lineage: Far-Reaching Contacts  300 xp

Characteristics:
WS   30  (25 + 5)
BS   45  (25 + 20)
S    30  (25 + 5)
T    40  (25 + 18 - 3 (Home World))
Int  40  (25 + 12 + 3 (Home World))
Ag   30  (25 + 5)
Per  30  (25 + 8 - 3 (Birthright))
WP   27  (25 + 7 - 5 (Home World))
Fel  58  (25 + 20 + 5 (Home World) + 3 (Birthright) + 5 (Advances))

Wounds: 13
Fate: 5
Insanity: 11
Corruption: 4

Skills:
Command
Commerce
Charm
Common Lore (Imperium)
Dodge
Evaluate
Inquiry
Literacy +10
Speak (High Gothic +10, Low Gothic)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Decadent
Paranoia
Peer (Administratum, Ecclesiarchy, Government, Nobility)

Traits:
Brook No Insult - Allow no offence to you or those under you to pass unchallenged. Make a Willpower Test to avert this if you wish, modified by the GM.
Dynastic Warrant - Add +3 Ship Points when building the group’s ship. May not exchange Ship Points for Profit Factor—any unspent Ship Points are lost.
Honour Amongst One’s Peers - +5 bonus to all Fellowship Tests to interact with high-ranking officials of the Imperium and members of the Imperial nobility 
                             in a formal setting.
Unseen Enemy - This character has an enemy who covets their position, their wealth, or their ship, but has no idea who this person is, or the fact that 
               they’re coming for them. Gains the Enemy Talent; the group is this unseen foe.

Gear:
Best-Craftsmanship laspistol
Best-Craftsmanship mono-sword
Micro-bead
Void suit
Set of fine clothing
Xeno-pelt cloak
Best-Craftsmanship enforcer light carapace

Good-Craftsmanship Grapplehawk

Experience: 500 / 500

Advances:
Lineage        300
Fellowship +5  100
Dodge          100

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 7, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Salma White Aurox

Looking at her, you might think Salma is from one of those hellhole worlds with too many W's in the name. She's not, and Breadbasket is actually very nice during the decades when the giant, intelligent electricity-eating monsters aren't coming down out of the mountains to consume the populace and annihilate the subsector's major food source. That sort of thing breeds a class of very hardy folk, and while her family is technically the local nobility, what it really means is that she spent her formative years killing or training to kill terrifying apex predators with her great-to-the-fifth grandmother's sword. This entailed a lot of very serious duels with anyone else who could lift a blade, but the good news is that the fiefdom survived Howling Season.

Starved of purpose for the foreseeable future, Salma used her family connections and personal reputation to obtain an officer's commission in the guard, where she learned to hate the Great Enemy of mankind even more than she hated the things back home -- at least the megafauna had an excuse for being monsters. She earned a deserved reputation for being a solid, if unimaginative commander who liked to lead from the front, with the combat skill and natural charisma to convince her men to back her up.

With the end of the crusade, she's looking for a bigger endeavor with bigger profits to build up the family holdings back home. A recent message (on sufficiently expensive stationery, no less) may be just what she's looking for.

pre:
Name: Salma White Aurox
Career: Arch Militant
Origin Path:
 Death World
 Fringe Survivor (Pit Fighter) 200xp
 Fated for Greatness
 The Hand of War (vs Chaos)
 Fortune
 Of Extensive Means (A Powerful Legacy) 300xp

Characteristics:       
 WS : 48 = 25 + 20 +   + 3 +  + 
 BS : 25 = 25 +    +   +   +  + 
 S  : 40 = 25 + 10 + 5 +   +  + 
 T  : 43 = 25 + 10 + 5 + 3 +  + 
 AG : 45 = 25 + 20 +   +   +  + 
 INT: 25 = 25 +    +   +   +  + 
 PER: 35 = 25 + 10 +   +   +  + 
 WP : 30 = 25 + 10 - 5 +   +  + 
 FEL: 40 = 25 + 20 - 5 +   -  + 

arch militant insanity: 1d10+1 4

Insanity  : 4
 Corruption: 1
 Wounds    : 16
 Fate      : 5/5
 Initiative: 1d10+4

AP

Skills:
 Common Lore (War) (Int) 
 Dodge (Ag) 
 Intimidate (S) 
 Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis) (Int)
 Secret Tongue (Military) (Int)
 Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
 Survival

Talents:
 Melee Weapon Training (Universal, Primitive)
 Thrown Weapon Training (Universal)
 Sound Constitution
 Jaded
 Talented (Dodge, Intimidate, Command)
 Rival (Underworld)
 Meditation
 Leap Up
 Hatred (Chaos)
 Air of Authority

Abilities/Traits:
 Weapon Master (Melee): +10 to hit, +2 dmg, +2 init
 Paranoid: -10 interaction tests in social situations
 Survivor: +10 vs Pinning and Shock
 Face of the Enemy: -10 interaction w/ and WP to resist attacking Chaos

Disorders/Malignancies:

Gear:
 Good-Craftsmanship hellgun 
 Good-Craftsmanship Soul Blade (mono upgrade)
 Micro-bead
 void suit 
 enforcer light carapace armour
 medikit
 manacles 
 3 doses of stimm
 Charm (A ring carved from a Storm Eater tusk)
 antique mechanical chrono
 filtration plugs
 photocontacts
 pocket rebreather
 Incredibly Ornate Arms coffer, big enough for 1(one) ancestral sword
 chemical glow sticks, freeze to re-use
 A well-thumbed copy of the Catchetism of Saint Drusus

Acquisition:
 CC Conversion Field

Powers:

XP Xpenditure (500/500):
 Origin                 500

40k has Sardaukar from Galestral, right?

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 7, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

going to leave applications open for another 48 hours.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Katherine Carpenter

Born on the infamous death world of Catachan, Katherine followed in the traditional path of joining the Guard. Due to the horrible nature of her homeworld, this actually led to an increase in life expectancy. Bogged down on a heavily forested planet, her regiment was assigned anti-insurgent duties made exponentially more dangerous through the presence of bird-like xeno mercenaries. Through sheer attrition of the chain of command, she found herself in charge of the shrinking number of survivors, serving as chaplain, sergeant, medic, and carrying the heavy support weapons. Increasingly at odds with the overall Spire-born Guard commanders who considered them utterly disposable, the senior officers made no secret of their disdain for death world "savages" or their belief that her and her people were some sort of ogryn/abhuman variation that could somehow form complete sentences.

After a refusal to assault a heavily fortified xenos encampment in a cave system, Katherine caught the commissar's attention, as well as a bolt to the head. However, the glancing shot failed to detonate and mostly served to piss her off. The after-action report lists said political officer subsequently dying a heroic and incredibly messy death to a spontaneous "xeno ambush". What was done was done, and after a brief, violent visit to the nobleborn scum who led her unit to destruction, Katherine found herself in need of new employment. Fortunately there's quite the market for security contractors who can weild a squad support weapon like an autogun. Just don't let her near the idle gentry.

pre:
Career: Arch-Militant
Homeworld: Death World
Birthright: Scavenger
Lure of the Void: Tainted > Mutant (200xp for Brute, Catachans are huge)
Trials and Travails: The Hand of War
Motivation: Devotion>Creed (200exp, A near heretical belief that its the duty of men to follow, 
but the responsibility of their commanders to actually lead)

ws:  30=25+5
bs:  45=25+20
str: 55=25+5dw+10bru+15
tou: 45=25+5dw+10bru+5
agi: 43=25+3scav+15
int: 30=25+5
per: 30=25+5
wil: 30=25-5dw +10
fel: 40=25-5dw +20

Wounds: 16 
Fate: 3 
Insanity:[2]

Skills:

Charm (Fel)
Common Lore (War, Imperial Creed) (Int)
Dodge (Ag)
Intimidate (S)
Literacy (Int)
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis) (Int)
Secret Tongue (Military) (Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Survival (per)

Talents:

Basic, Pistol, Melee, Primitive, Thrown Weapon Training (Universal)
Heavy Weapon Training (SP)
Sound Constitution
Hatred: Incompetent officer nobility
Jaded
Resistance (Fear)

Traits:
Face of the Enemy: -10 Fellowship with Hatred enemy
Paranoid: -10 to interaction tests made in formal surroundings
Survivor: +10 vs pinning and shock
AM: +2 Damage, +10 BS, +2 Init when wielding Heavy weapons.

Equipment:
Micro-bead
void suit
enforcer light carapace armor
bolt shell keepsake
medikit
manacles
3x doses of stimm
2x boltpistols
Mono'd Grox-whip
Autocannon with Motion Predictor and Vox-operated

Exp:
Brute 200xp
Devotion 200xp

Literacy 100xp

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 5, 2017

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Hans Dreisetz

It wasn't supposed to be like this. Oh, a career in the church was fine. House von Dreisetz was a family known for its piety, and a career in the church was hardly unusual. In fact, it was a popular place for the family to put younger sons or those with pretentions toward scholarship.there were even a few von Dreisetzes who had become Cardinals, and one who, a long time ago would have become Eclesiarch (or so family lore says), if he had not died of a convenient bout of food poisoning just before the voting in the Holy Synod.

Still, there were certain paths in the Church a member of the family was expected to trod. Service on a Cardinal's staff? That certainly was a path to influence and higher office. The Deaconate? The House trained its members well in finance and administration. Those were worthy talents to bring to the Church. Stationed at one of the more pleasant and exclusive Shrine Worlds? Acceptable to those of a more meditative disposition, perhaps. Private chaplain to an Imperial Governor or Noble House? Not a position for someone seeking to cover himself in fame or glory, but a pleasant enough position, and one where your family connections guaranteed that you were respectable enough. These were all approved options.

So what, then, was wrong with young Hans? A missionary career was clearly unacceptable. That was no path to success there. And out there in the wilderness, you ran into all sorts of horrible people...not our type.

pre:
Name: Hans Dreisetz
Career: Missionary
Homeworld: Noble born
Birthright: Savant
Lure of the Void: Zealot (Favored by the Faithful)
Trials and Travails: Dark Voyage
Lineage: N/A

WS:  40= 25+15
BS:   35= 25 +10
S:     40= 25 +15
T:     33= 25 +15 -3 (Savant) -5 (Zealot)
Ag:   35=  25 +10
Int:   35=  25 +10
Per:  35=  25 +10
WP:  30=  25 +10          -5 (Noble Born)
Fel:  43=  25 +5  +5 (Noble Born) +3 (Savant) +5 (Zealot)

Wounds: 11/11
FP     : 4/4
Insanity:    1
Corruption:  0

Skills:

Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy, Daemonology)
Medicae
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)

Talents:

Basic Weapons Training (Universal)
Melee Weapons Training (Universal)
Flame Weapons Training (Universal)
Pure Faith
Unshakeable Faith
Peer (Academic, Ecclesiarchy, Noblility)

Traits:

Gain Literacy as an untrained basic skill

Etiquette: +10 on interaction skill checks with authority
Legacy of Wealth: +1 to the Ship's Profit Factor
Vendetta:  Start with a powerful enemy

Gear:

Good Craftsmanship Chainsword
Good Craftsmanship Flamer
Best Craftsmanship Guard Flak Armour
Ecclesiastical Robes
Aquilla Pendant
Sepulchre
Censer and incense
Microbead
Ancestral Seal (Heirloom)

XP:                          5,000/5,000

Rank 0                            0-4999

Flame Weapons Training (Universal)

Rank 1                         5000-6999

Rank 2                         7000-9999

Rank 3                       10000-12999

Rank 4                       13000-16999

Rank 5                       17000-20999

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 7, 2017

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
What's our starting PF?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

as yet undetermined.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Nana Zell

Well, papa knew he was going to need more fighter pilots, so he had me! Everyone says I take after my mother, but they say she died during my birth. Its awful to think about it sometimes but I figure she was at least real pretty like I am, haha. I'll be honest, I hated it up in the bridge of a big ol' ship, and I wanted more than to just be a pin up for the recruitment posters; by the way that went great, once they saw my friends and me on those posters recruitment went up real fast. Anyway, yeah, I learned to fly real great and loved the feeling of flying an interceptor. Shooting down pirates gives me a rush like no other. So why am I here? Well, papa needs more recruits from all over so I may as well get real famous on the crew with a real rogue trader and all.

pre:
Nana Zell
Noble-Born Voidmaster +5 FL -5 WP +1 PF 
False-Man +3 Fl +3 Ag -3 WS -1 Fate -300xp 
Duty to Humanity +3 Perception -1 PF
Rivals +3 FL Rival (Pirates) -100xp
Renown Air of Authority
Master of Small Craft

WS 22
BS 45
ST 25
AG 48
TN 30
IN 35
PE 33
WP 40
FL 56

Wounds 11/11
Fate 3/3

Skills:
Common Lore (Navy, War)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Pilot (Flyers, Space Craft)
Drive (Ground)
Speak Language (Low Gothic, High Gothic)
Literacy

Talents
Pistols (Universal)
Melee (Universal)
Nerves of Steel
Ambidextrous
Autosanguine
Chem-Geld
Peer (Military)
Rival (Pirates)
Air of Authority

Advances: 5000/5000
Drive (Vehicle Ground) -100

Starting Gear:
Power Sword
Bolt Pistol
Guard Flak
Navy Uniform
Amasec
Rebreather

Acquisition:
GC MIU

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 7, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

No new applications after this post please, I'm overwhelmed with the quantity and quality of the existing ones. I'll leave off picking for a few hours to allow time for people to finish or make last minute adjustments.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

the lucky winners of an all-expenses paid by you, this isn't a charity trip in to the Koronus Expanse are as follows:

• Rogue Trader Volodymyr Surikov XIII played by MaliciousOnion
  • Arch-Militant Katherine Carpenter played by Ronwayne
  • Astropath Ngeshtin-ana played by Schizotek
  • Explorator Magos Vimmik played by Vicissitude
  • Missionary Erika Coronado played by Dachshundofdoom
  • Navigator Falkine Vissitta Oges played by Skellybones
  • Seneschal Mikhael Lyte played by professor_curly
  • Void-master Leopold Sumpter played by Werix

obviously these were difficult choices, and I'd like to keep the rest of you as reserves and encourage a certain amount of audience participation. not quite sure how that's going to work yet.

Dynasty and ship choices: My preference is to start you with a big ship and a small profit factor, but I'm open to suggestions. My offer is a 70/20 split, and taking into account your characters bonuses that lets me build you a pretty nice vessel:

quote:

To Be Determined, Repulsive-class Grand Cruiser

Speed: 6 Manoeuvrability: +11
Detection: +20 Hull Integrity: 85
Armour: 20 Turret Rating: 3
Space: 90 SP: 69
Weapon Capacity: Port 2, Starboard 2, Prow 1, Dorsal 1
Grand Cruiser: May use Cruiser components
Cursed: -10 Navigation (Warp)
Ancient Grand Cruiser May not add armor components

Blasphemous Tendencies: +15 Navigation (Warp), -5 WP Tests.
Wrested From a Space Hulk: +1 Armor, +1 Speed, +3 Maneuverability

Saturnine Plasma Engine (Common) +95 power -18 Space
Miloslav Warp Drive (Common) -10 Power -12 Space
Warpsbane Hull (Common) -1 Power 0 Space +2 Ship Points
Triple Void Shield (Common) -9 Power -3 Space
Ship Master’s Bridge (Common) -4 Power -3 Space
Clemency Life Sustainer (Common) -5 Power -5 Space
Clan-Kin Quarters (Common) -2 Power -5 Space +1 Ship Point
Deep Void Auger (Common) -7 Power -0 Space +1 Ship Point

Dorsal and Prow Sunhammer Lance Battery (Common) -13 Power -6 Space +2 SP x2
Port and Starboard Sunsear Las-Broadside (Common) -9 Power -6 Space +1 SP x2
Port and Starboard Escort Launch Bay (Common) -1 Power -4 Space +1 SP x2

Ship Points 81 (70 Warrant 5 Crew 6 Player)
Space 12/90
Power 11/95

Traits:

Grand Cruiser: May use Cruiser components
Cursed: -10 Navigation (Warp)
Ancient Grand Cruiser May not add armor components
Blasphemous Tendencies: +15 Navigation (Warp), -5 WP Tests.
Wrested From a Space Hulk: +1 Armor, +1 Speed, +3 Maneuverability
For Hearth and Home!: +5 to defend against Board/Hit&Run, -1 Morale Loss
Haste of the Damned: Half time at warp, encounter every 3 days
Improved Fire Direction: +10 to all ship BS tests
Lifeline: Increase Morale by 1, reduce crew loss to depressurisation by 4
Master Plotting Table: +5 Piloting and Navigation from the bridge
Shield of Faith: +10 Navigation: Warp, roll twice on encounter table.

but seeing as your characters have to live in it please make suggestions.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

also decide who is getting which of the Ship Roles from Into the Storm - Volodymyr Surikov XIII is the obvious Lord Captain, but the others are up for grabs!

(reserves can nominate for positions as well)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Lord-Captain Volodymyr Surikov XIII

First Officer
Enginseer Prime Magos Vimmik
High Factotum Mikhael Lyte

Master-at-Arms Katherine Carpenter
Master Helmsman Leopold Sumpter
Master of Ordnance
Master of Etherics
Chief Chirurgeon
Master of Whispers
Choir-master Telepathica Ngeshtin-ana
Warp Guide Falkine Vissitta Oges

Ship's Confessor Erika Coronado
Drivesmaster
Omnissianic Congregator
Chief Bosun
Infernus Master
Twistcatcher
Master of the Vox
Purser
Carto-artifex
Ship's Steward

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Oh for the love of god do we really need a ship hull that gives -10 to navigation the warp rolls? Because that poo poo can get really old, really quick. I'd want to know if you plan on using the navis primer, and if you're going to do the whole navigation thing every time we jump into the warp.

Because if so, lets just go with the overlord battlecruiser.

Also Monion, you could potentially put me down as your first officer. Starting Rank 2 I can start taking command advances, even if Fellowship has the highest exp advance curve for me. Otherwise yeah, I do make a great helmsman.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Might as well add my Good Quality Navis Prima to the main ship entry, for another +10 to Navigate (Warp) and Navigate (Stellar) checks.

Also it looks like there are two ship points left over. Might I suggest either an Empyrean Mantle if we're going to be crime people, or a Broadband Hymn Caster + Barracks if we're going to be crusaders.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Goddamnit, this is why I need to check the Game Room more often.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Werix posted:

Also Monion, you could potentially put me down as your first officer. Starting Rank 2 I can start taking command advances, even if Fellowship has the highest exp advance curve for me. Otherwise yeah, I do make a great helmsman.

Fine with me, comes down to which bonus you want I guess.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Werix posted:

Oh for the love of god do we really need a ship hull that gives -10 to navigation the warp rolls? Because that poo poo can get really old, really quick. I'd want to know if you plan on using the navis primer, and if you're going to do the whole navigation thing every time we jump into the warp.

We're at a cumulative +25 to Nav (Warp) rolls with all the ship's parts and the Navis Prima taken into account, and the Warpsbane Hull gives you your choice of two encounter rolls which makes Haste of the Damned almost entirely beneficial. It's about as safe as you get. So long as we hold off the Navis Primer in-depth jumps for routes that are specifically supposed to be miserable and dangerous, we're fine.

Anyway that ship looks good and I'm 100% down with being Confessor.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

Fine with me, comes down to which bonus you want I guess.

Yeah, it'll actually work good. Battlefleet homeworld already gives me +10 to command on board ship, and this gives another 5. Plus it lets me treat command as a trained skill when dealing with crew, so I can command folks at a TN of 60 right now, instead of waiting to rank 2 to get command trained.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

We're at a cumulative +25 to Nav (Warp) rolls with all the ship's parts and the Navis Prima taken into account, and the Warpsbane Hull gives you your choice of two encounter rolls which makes Haste of the Damned almost entirely beneficial. It's about as safe as you get. So long as we hold off the Navis Primer in-depth jumps for routes that are specifically supposed to be miserable and dangerous, we're fine.

Anyway that ship looks good and I'm 100% down with being Confessor.

Mostly me being a whiny idiot. Old rear end war ship makes my former Navy man happy.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm taking suggestions on the most useless expensive vanity acquisition to take.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Let's call it the Ark Royal :3:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

no it's called the To Be Determined

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

professor_curly posted:

Might as well add my Good Quality Navis Prima to the main ship entry, for another +10 to Navigate (Warp) and Navigate (Stellar) checks.

Also it looks like there are two ship points left over. Might I suggest either an Empyrean Mantle if we're going to be crime people, or a Broadband Hymn Caster + Barracks if we're going to be crusaders.

there are no more ship points, unless i've drastically miscounted. The hull is worth 69 :pervert: + 12 points of components.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Surely the Ise would be more appropriate :v:

Skellybones - Well, a useful thing could be that you "borrowed" copies of your house Starchart Collection.

Or you could have a Carnelian Sievestone and demand all your drinks be processed through it.

You could have acquired a Djesset Talisman, which is a psy focus. But a really rare psy focus.

You could go for the old Ostentatious Displays of Wealth, which are variable things that say "I'm richer than you."

• Locked thread