Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

NewMars posted:

Well, yes. Frankly it's very embarrassing considering they've got cultures everywhere else that draw real world inspiration and use it in a new and unique way.

Like the kingdom of ignorance, which is right next door and about the only place they interact with ever. It is a badass place, full of humans ruled by trolls who perform blood sacrifice to the black sun, Yelm's shadow.

Or Teshnos, which worships Yelm as a theme of Divine Inspiration and worships Jagerkriand in his form as Tolat with the Red Sword. Instead we get "draconic mystics" and the occasional cool things like skeleton powered boats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh wow 10 posts I sure hope it's lots of votes.. :v:
I don't really mind the KoDP discussion in the thread, but there is a general games thread that is probably better suited for it.

ShootaBoy posted:

Sacrifice to Urox. We should ask the destroyer of Chaos to frighten any remains away.

This seems to be the order or the day.

We sacrificed to Urox and learnt the Berserker mystery! We can now build a shrine for a permanent blessing if we want!

quote:

:eng101: Urox, the Storm Bull, is unruly and lawless, but is crucial in the fight against chaos. He is one of the Orlanth's brothers.

*sniff sniff* I smell Chaos
What's that Scooby?

Your explorers return to report an encounter with very strange foreigners. The foreigners wore odd clothes and spoke in a perculiar way. They were warriors, and showed no fear when they met our explorers. They identified themselves as the Black Horse Troop, and said they server a hero named Sir Ethilrist. The strangest thing about them, though was their horses. Examined up close, these weren't horses at all, but grotesque and monstrous beasts - possibly things of Chaos!

Although we could stand to imrpove our relations with our neighbours, they may be skeptical of our warnings (2)

We owe these foreigners nothing. (2)

Foreigners will know new jokes; I am tired of the old ones. Especially the one about Eurmal and the sheep. (1)
That's because Eurmal literally fucks sheep, you sheepfucker

This is a tough one.
He's back!

Save our strength for fighting zombies (2)

If they are powerful foreigners, they may have treasures the likes of which we have never seen! (4)
Oh yeah I'm sure the guy with a skull on his loving head is a real wheeler and dealer. Why don't we ask his chitinous armour wearing mate while we're at it?

He who chases the wolf before it howls feels its bite. (2)

cheetah7071 posted:

Also, if he didn't return instantly from exploring the tula, I think that means he's dead, though the game doesn't officially tell you to give up hope for I think two years.
Someone gave up on Vandal Savage a little early, didn't they? :v:

I've also started to includes the options the Clan Ring recommends. What do we do?

- Invite them to your tula.
- Leave them well enough alone.
- Make war on them.
- See if they wish to trade treasures.
- Warn other clans about them.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Aug 2, 2015

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
WELCOME!

Nothing bad will happen to us because of this, I'm sure. :v:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Sorry!

Also go with 4 other clans will want to know if strangers are in this new land!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Let's warn the other clans. We need strong relations with other groups in order to defeat the ducks when they attack.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

Sorry!

Also go with 4 other clans will want to know if strangers are in this new land!

4 is trading. Do you mean 5? Warn other clans about them.

gently caress it. I'm having a vote this time as well.

Invite them to your tula.

quote:

Foreigners will know new jokes; I am tired of the old ones. Especially the one about Eurmal and the sheep.
Odd as it sound... This arsehole and his arsehole god hasn't led us astray.

Yet.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
1: Party
You can never have enough celebrations.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Let's bring these strange wierdos back home!

I'm sure the people will be overjoyed.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Invite them to your tula they will be lots of fun.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Warn other clans about them

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Come on over! We're all friends here :)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
This dude sounds like he has treasures from all kinds of exotic locales. Let's trade with him.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Chaos just claimed two of our own, we must warn the clans about these vile strangers.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Warn other clans I feel like y'all aren't getting into the swing of being a magic barbarian, the first rule of which is gently caress foreigners. Not literally because they're weird and bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ya'll ain't never heard of the Red Wedding? But with ducks? :v:

EDIT: Votings over. Big post inc.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 2, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Invite them to the tula!

Seriously, isn't hospitality one of our traditions?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah we'd better warn the other clans. I mean, yeah, some of the other clans are assholes but at least they're proper Orlanthi, these guys are foreigners.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

CommissarMega posted:

Invite them to the tula!

Seriously, isn't hospitality one of our traditions?

They are foreigners and thus aren't real people.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Beating out warning the other tribes by a single vote, we have decided to

NewMars posted:

Let's bring these strange wierdos back home!

I'm sure the people will be overjoyed.

Beastie Boys fought, and probably died, for our right to party. So we invited them back to throw some shrimp on tha barbie!

Everything went better than expected :shobon:

Ohhh warnings.

It would be unwise not to listen to our inner council... so let's recruit some farmers. Anything worth mentioning lads?

If we offer neither cattle nor sheep, we probably won't get carls or cottars.
You're not just a pretty face Koreng

Now to sit back and wait for nothing bad to go wrong with this decision! :toot:

It is now :siren: Sacred Time of Year 1330 :siren:
Hurray! We made it one year without dying hilariously. Everything is going better than expected :dance:

quote:

Wutang Clan, Last Year
- 30 babies were born. We initiated 20 children as adults.
- The clan has 5 more people, 46 fewer head of cattle, and no more horses than we did last Sacred Time.
- We produced 823 and ate 839 Bushels of food. 57 were lost due to spoilage.
- Our crafters produced 33 cows worth of goods. Our market made a profit of 17 cows worth of goods.
- Maintaining our shrines and temples took 6 gows and goods worth 12 cows.

quote:

Forecast
Our god-talkers predict a more or less normal harvest.
There were many swirling gusts of wind, but nobody was sure what this meant.

Good, bad. gently caress knows! I'm sure you'll tell me either way!

Keep at least one point of magic in reserve in case we need it for something unexpected. We could have more health magic if we had a god-talker of Chalana Arrory on the ring. But nobody's qualified right now.
Why do you keep making sense.. :stare:

Very well, here is our magic distribution for the coming year. I'm aching to get some vengeance against Hendart :argh:

Nothing bad went wrong with that decision! :toot:

We are now in Sea Season.
Oh hey! Someone's looking different! Anything to say mate?

We have the finest-looking young women of any clan.
:stare: God loving DAMMIT Harran. You are grossing my poo poo right the gently caress out

Here's the overview of our clan for the new year.

And with the new year means new plans!
What are our goals for the year, and what's Wutang Clan's first step?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Sacrifice for blessings of Ernalda and Orlanth. We need them.
Establish a permanent trade route if possible.
Explore the Tula during fire season. (Like, don't move your cursor. Explore the pixel you start on.)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Woohoo! A whole year where we didn't die horribly! :toot:

As far as what to do this year, I propose that we take it somewhat easy this year so that the clan mood improves. Feasts are super great at this, so our best be is just being competent for a while. I'll leave the specifics up to the rest of the clan.

Also yeah, we should totally go gently caress up the Hendarts. On that note, sacrificing in battle will almost always result in you getting charged. Fortunately, it works both ways :black101:

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
We need more cows and goods.

Can you direct your people to be crafters instead of farmers in this version? If so, go to the crafters screen and max the ledger.

After that it would be wise to do a few rounds of favor calling asking for cows and try cattle raids (not normal raids) to steal cattle from the clan we are feuding with close by.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So, first of all, don't spend magic on quests in early years when you have no intention of Heroquesting.

Second, early on, our top priority has got to be unlocking the various key blessings (Truesword, Barntars thing, Ernalda crop stuff, Chalana Arroy healing) and establishing permanent shrines to keep those blessings rolling, which is a task that calls for maxing out magic in mysteries.

Our plan for the year should involve sacrificing to Barntar and Ernalda and then doing safe exploration on our Tula.

(Also, fwiw, that Elmal worshipper you kicked off the ring with not terrible combat and leadership? He's an ideal explorer. Send him away regularly. Not least because he's a prime candidate to start challenging your ting if he's not kept busy.)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Our cow herds are smaller this year than last. You incompetent boob! Elmal should head the ring! :argh:

Ahem, Explore our Tula (hit 'explore' directly on top of our village name), and Sacrifice for mysteries.

Cattle Raids for now. See if you can build up a defense or two as well.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to leave this open all night to get some proper ideas and advice for the new year.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
If we've got more horses than weaponthanes, I'd recommend trading some for more cattle.

Sacrifice to Ernalda. Not only are her blessings good, her HeroQuest can be one of the easiest, and is very helpful in the early years (as well as later on).

Sacrifice to Humakt as well, and then in Fire Season, Raid the Hendarti.

Kanthulhu posted:

Can you direct your people to be crafters instead of farmers in this version?

No, the game assigns them automatically, likewise there's no split between plain and fancy goods.

Of course, having too many crafters pisses off the farmers, so this is a good thing in the long run, especially since too many crafters results in diminishing returns anyway.

This means that if we want more goods, increasing hunters is probably the way to go. It'll only be a small amount more, but at least hunters join the fyrd, provide some food, help spot enemy raids, and aid exploration.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

my dad posted:

Explore the Tula during fire season. (Like, don't move your cursor. Explore the pixel you start on.)
To be even clearer, "tula" is gamespeak for "clan lands". That includes the part people actually live on and a bunch of wilderness that has goodies in it.

Anyway, explore the tula and sacrifice for a bunch of mysteries. Also send gifts to nearby clans we're not feuding with. 15 goods/cows is a good gift size. You'll want to butter up most of your neighbors eventually, so it doesn't matter who you start with.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Since this came up, I'd like to point out that we do have a Glorantha general thread, so if anyone wants to talk about stuff from the setting that does not directly relate to the ongoing game, you can just do it there.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Gloranthia chat in LPs is a well-established tradition. We cannot just change. Our ancestor gamers would be ashamed!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Good King Goonort always posted on-topic and in the proper forums and so his threads were orderly and civil. Bad King Urgoon posted off-topic and made the same thread in many forums at once, and so his threads were filled with shitposting and he lost :10bux: many a time until he had no wealth left to pay for his Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Anticheese posted:

Gloranthia chat in LPs is a well-established tradition. We cannot just change. Our ancestor gamers would be ashamed!

I am all for Glorantha chat in the thread, but let's keep it related to the events at hand, you know what I mean?

On that note: more exploring of the tula, get more weaponthanes until you have 20 or so , and then do a sacrifice to Orlanth for some mysteries. If the omen we get is related to winds I think we should go to the Wind Man himself and see what's happening.

Edit: Oh, and high priority! Raid those bastards and get our captives back!

Jenx fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 2, 2015

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Someone gave up on Vandal Savage a little early, didn't they? :v:

He wasn't actually exploring the tula like you said.

Anyways, notice which gods have mysteries related to herds or crops in some way, then sacrifice to them.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Jenx posted:

I am all for Glorantha chat in the thread, but let's keep it related to the events at hand, you know what I mean?

On that note: more exploring of the tula, get more weaponthanes until you have 20 or so , and then do a sacrifice to Orlanth for some mysteries. If the omen we get is related to winds I think we should go to the Wind Man himself and see what's happening.

Edit: Oh, and high priority! Raid those bastards and get our captives back!

Yeah, fair enough. I just couldn't resist doing that. :)

Cattle raid this Fire season!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Jenx posted:

Since this came up, I'd like to point out that we do have a Glorantha general thread, so if anyone wants to talk about stuff from the setting that does not directly relate to the ongoing game, you can just do it there.

Woah. They are more then just ducks? We better be ready for the invasion of the Bird people.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Woah. They are more then just ducks? We better be ready for the invasion of the Bird people.

So much more.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Gridlocked posted:

Well, the local ducks are just ducks, but they're on good terms with all manner of beastmen on a... rather less than day to day basis.

As far as the daily grind goes, they're basically Orlanthi with a fondness for Humakt and webbed feet.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Well, the local ducks are just ducks, but they're on good terms with all manner of beastmen on a... rather less than day to day basis.

As far as the daily grind goes, they're basically Orlanthi with a fondness for Humakt and webbed feet.

Ducks are Hardcore

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
You are really bad at this game, and it's very entertaining. Haifisch may have been a chaos cultist, but she knew the basics to keep us limping along not dying.

Just going to send off my only vaguely competent general to unknown lands guys!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Hey, the loving up is part of the draw for this one. Every other run of this game has been by people that know what the hell they're doing, so this is a great change of pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
It'll definitely end up with some interesting scenarios!

Is there a lot of stuff added to this version? If so, the audience might be in for a few surprises too.

I think we should try to refrain from giving too much advice on how to play outside of events, lest we ruin this LP's unique selling point.

• Locked thread