Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ethanol posted:

what the gently caress is more evil than a nazi origin story staring hitler at the battle of verdun

also people are already getting pissy about it.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/728734349479141376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This game's gonna suck rear end until well after it's handed over to DICE LA a couple of years from now.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah, BF4 wasn't stable nor fun for like a good year after release which is funny because it was just a tweaked version of BF3.

Darkpriest667 posted:

Thanks for the compliment.. gooniest.. and cat.. I'm going with it.

What the gently caress is this?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lol, who cares about McIntosh I'm pretty sure that guy thinks Mario Bros is an exoneration of the Goomba genocide.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Vimy or bust! :canada:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been calling this game Retard 1

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I hope they give Squad Leaders a whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPtVNDvwGMo&t=112s

:allears:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

wait, who's that guy? is this…the original skin?

what about bf4?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/battlefield/images/9/9a/Second_Assault.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131009075113

no blacks

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Which is interesting, because there are black character models in the actual games. At least in BF3.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

no one gives a poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku posted:

I've been calling this game Retard 1

Retard 4+1

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Also the Hardline box had a negro on it. And every BF game except 1942 and 2142 let you play as a black dude.

So if you're trying to claim that Battlefield is racist somehow then you're going to have trouble proving that. Maybe BF2 was racist since the idea of Middle Eastern governments coming together to form an anti-US coalition is so absurd and out of touch with reality, but that's more just being straight up stupid than racist.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DoctorStrangelove posted:

no one gives a poo poo

sorry, i was responding to someone else who did seem to give a poo poo

and yet, just looking at pictures on the topic made you feel like you too had to respond

edit: its easy to follow old conversations.

see i quoted this other guy, and you could click on his name to find my original post which just said that i was glad the cover features a black man. that's all.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Trump forever

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm black and proud

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Lazyfire posted:

Trump forever

Make battlefield great again.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

More WWI tank helmets to the people!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lazyfire posted:

Make battlefield great again.

I would vote for trump if it meant Bad Company 3, and it was great again.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

More WWI tank helmets to the people!

that's an awesome helmet

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

RaySmuckles posted:

that's an awesome helmet

Used by British Tank-crews.

Because why wouldn't you?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

Used by British Tank-crews.

Because why wouldn't you?

like, that's standard issue?

not just some homebrew?

lol

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
get this, they named battlefield 5, battlefield 1!!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fargin Icehole posted:

get this, they named battlefield 5, battlefield 1!!!!

lmao! it's the WRONG kind of name, ahhaha get it like the wrong kind of ram, teh funny xbox one by microsoft entertainment console, also like the wrong kind of mountain

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

RaySmuckles posted:

like, that's standard issue?

not just some homebrew?

lol

From wikipedia:

"To counter the danger of bullet splash or fragments knocked off the inside of the hull, crews were issued with leather-and-chainmail masks.[10] A leather helmet[11] was also issued, to protect the head against projections inside the tank. Gas masks were standard issue as well, as they were to all soldiers at this point in the war (see Chemical warfare). "

It was a whole new type of warfare, and I'm pretty sure that the crews originally didn't have that kind of gear. Pretty sure there wasn't really a standard set either, and that there were some level of improvising at hand.

Another similar design.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 7, 2016

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

From wikipedia:

"To counter the danger of bullet splash or fragments knocked off the inside of the hull, crews were issued with leather-and-chainmail masks.[10] A leather helmet[11] was also issued, to protect the head against projections inside the tank. Gas masks were standard issue as well, as they were to all soldiers at this point in the war (see Chemical warfare). "

It was a whole new type of warfare, and I'm pretty sure that the crews originally didn't have that kind of gear. Pretty sure there wasn't really a standard set either, and that there were some level of improvising at hand.

i wonder if the quality of metal was just considerably inferior and spalling was a bigger issue

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Did anyone get mad that you can launch a nuke in cod... A thing that killed hundreds of thousands if people

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Xaris posted:

I would vote for trump if it meant Bad Company 3, and it was great again.

Bad Company 2 would need to be good first.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Don Lapre posted:

Did anyone get mad that you can launch a nuke in cod... A thing that killed hundreds of thousands if people

People are weirdly more averse to chemical warfare then nuclear warfare.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Other helmets that were in the trailer if only for a few brief seconds:

Metal mask for german snipers, with a section cut out so you could rest a stock against your cheek to shoot.

Gaede helmet, also german, was the product of one colonel wanting better head protection for his troops in the days before full steel helmets were standard issue. Steel only covers the front though. Only a couple thousand were made and then the Stahlhelm rolled out the next year, making it obsolete. Makes you look like you are wearing a bird mask.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

RaySmuckles posted:

struck a nerve huh?

no thats just stupid bullshit and you know it

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

I feel like I'm in some horrible nightmare or woken up in some apocalyptic future. Trump is our republican candidate and we still haven't got a sequel to 2142... THEY NEVER EXPECTED THE ICE.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There was also this prototype german gas mask that I don't know anything about, was used by the flamethrower man in the trailer.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i asked this question in another thread but can a gamer strap dynamite to a horse and run that horse up a tanks rear end

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

i wonder if the quality of metal was just considerably inferior and spalling was a bigger issue

Partially, although spalling was never completely eliminated as a threat due to increased gun bores, propellant loads and explosive shell designs as armored warfare advanced. Eventually they learned to deal with it by lining the interiors of the tank with anti-spalling curtains or padding to catch the fragments, and later layered/spaced armor to spread the impact of explosives before striking the final internal layer.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i asked this question in another thread but can a gamer strap dynamite to a horse and run that horse up a tanks rear end

I don't think we as a species has deserved such a treat just yet.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Lazyfire posted:

Bad Company 2 would need to be good first.

It was the only game with good rush maps, which I miss very much. My only problem with BC2 was the lovely hitboxes.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Republicans posted:

It was the only game with good rush maps, which I miss very much. My only problem with BC2 was the lovely hitboxes.

bc1 had good rush maps as well but dice were still figuring out how to work squads in multi so yeah

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Republicans posted:

Straight line conquest maps start now.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Ah yes, how dare they make a game set in WWI. Unconscionable. :dice: should definitely stick to making games set in the modern day where you kill modern people with modern weapons. That's dramatically less offensive.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Frankly massacring hundreds of people in an airport was less offensive than this I demand satisfaction

• Locked thread