Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm sure everyone knows already but I'm finally getting around to playing Transformers and it isn't bad, but it really feels like a crappier Metal Gear Rising.

It feels more like a crappier Bayonetta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

In Training posted:

The new Miku game is f*cking amazing.

I only played the two first PSP games and the demo was *tough*

Pretty fun though so I'm thinking of buying in...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In Training posted:

The new Miku game is f*cking amazing.

My man :hfive:

Renoistic posted:

I only played the two first PSP games and the demo was *tough*

It is tougher than more recent games in the series, but some even prefer it that way and you can always lower the difficulty if it gets too hard, no one's judging.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

No one but Miku...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

Well, the important thing is that it's crappier. :v:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Edit: Wrong thread

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Andrast posted:

"Crappier Bayonetta" still sounds better than most games. Should I give it a shot?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lets hang out posted:

No one but Miku...

she knows i am trying my best and is my friend either way!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its fun but the scope is very limited (theres like 3 environments and a handful of enemy types) and the patented "platinum will now change the game mechanics to spice things up for just one scene and they will be pretty rough" sections are really really rough.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It's kinda nuts that MS cancelled Scalebound. There's probably no chance in hell it could be picked up by another publisher is there?

I'd gladly play that poo poo on my PS4.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

its fun but the scope is very limited (theres like 3 environments and a handful of enemy types) and the patented "platinum will now change the game mechanics to spice things up for just one scene and they will be pretty rough" sections are really really rough.

The dodge and parry feel really bad too, and you don't really control what direction you parry into, so you may just get hit by something (like an electric wall) anyway. The weapon crafting is wholly unnecessary as well.

It's crappier but not bad, I've enjoyed it so far.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's kinda nuts that MS cancelled Scalebound. There's probably no chance in hell it could be picked up by another publisher is there?

I'd gladly play that poo poo on my PS4.

microsoft owns it so nope

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Enough of this sing-song miku bullshit, where da deals at?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Enough of this sing-song miku bullshit, where da deals at?

Over 220 tracks for just $52.99 is the deal of the year so far.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
My grocery list is leeks and vegetable juice.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

elf help book posted:

My grocery list is leeks and vegetable juice.

Rather healthy choices, my friend. Always go green.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Transformers Devastation is pretty loving dope though. The sound design alone is so satisfying, but combat overall just feels great, and you really get the sense of scale with big robot dudes smashing into each other.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
miku future tone led to my discovery of oha-yo-del, perhaps one of the best songs I have ever heard, so its worth more than anything in the drat psn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

steam world heist is on stealth sale currently for 9.99

i just noticed randomly and grabbed it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Wow Future tone is a bit more difficult than the other miku games I've played. Barely scraped by on hard difficulty with a 61%.

the 4 buttons presses line thing really is throwing me off. I have to press em all the same time?
Just need to get used to it I think.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

(Regular thread x-post)

You know when people complain about the free games that come with PS+ ?
Nintendo just announced that the Switch will have paid online but as a bonus you'll get a...free Nes/Snes game...that expires after a month. Lmfao

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
You don't get to keep the game if you keep a nintendo subscription like sony does with psplus?
Wow that's bad. What if I want to play that snes game a few months later.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

(Regular thread x-post)

You know when people complain about the free games that come with PS+ ?
Nintendo just announced that the Switch will have paid online but as a bonus you'll get a...free Nes/Snes game...that expires after a month. Lmfao

Did they confirm that? I know it was up in the air yesterday but I haven't been obsessively F5-ing news sites like I should.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Sefal posted:

You don't get to keep the game if you keep a nintendo subscription like sony does with psplus?
Wow that's bad. What if I want to play that snes game a few months later.

Apparently these games are going to have "online features," which, I dunno, mulitplayer? Leaderboards? Trying to think of a SNES or NES game that'd benefit from any of that.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy score attacks, and something like Super Bomberman with online multiplayer would be cool, but there's been so many other, robust solutions to those two things for so many years. Maybe some Nintendo-sanctioned ROM hacks? Or official translated games that never got released in the US? That'd be cool. There's precedent for translated games, after all - Sin and Punishment got an English release on the online Wii store.

Sarchasm posted:

Did they confirm that? I know it was up in the air yesterday but I haven't been obsessively F5-ing news sites like I should.

Says here in plain English that the games are only free for a month

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yes but one month of being able to play clowns and balloons is an incomparable experience in gaming

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

I AM THE TOILET posted:

That English is not particularly plain. The sentence in question can mean either "the games are free to download for a month" or "the games can only be played for a month."

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if the games were only free to download for a month but play forever i think that saying that they were only free to download and play for a month would be a very pointlessly confusing way to articulate that, but i guess its technically possible

edit: its also not set in stone so if its very badly received i would hope they'd change their minds

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

knack for nintendo+ day 1

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

That English is not particularly plain. The sentence in question can mean either "the games are free to download for a month" or "the games can only be played for a month."

quote:

発売当時にはなかったオンラインプレイにも対応させた、ファミコンやスーパーファミコンなどのソフトを、月替わりで1ヵ月制限なく遊ぶことができます

The japanese isn't ambiguous: Monthly changing games, can be played for a month without limits.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tamba posted:

The japanese isn't ambiguous: Monthly changing games, can be played for a month without limits.

Better be like a dozen games imo

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Tamba posted:

Thanks for that!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sefal posted:

Wow Future tone is a bit more difficult than the other miku games I've played. Barely scraped by on hard difficulty with a 61%.

the 4 buttons presses line thing really is throwing me off. I have to press em all the same time?
Just need to get used to it I think.

Yes. You probably have to do like left and up on the d-pad, circle and x on the controller or something similar to get them, unless you hold the controller really weird or have huge thumbs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Apparently these games are going to have "online features," which, I dunno, mulitplayer? Leaderboards? Trying to think of a SNES or NES game that'd benefit from any of that.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy score attacks, and something like Super Bomberman with online multiplayer would be cool, but there's been so many other, robust solutions to those two things for so many years. Maybe some Nintendo-sanctioned ROM hacks? Or official translated games that never got released in the US? That'd be cool. There's precedent for translated games, after all - Sin and Punishment got an English release on the online Wii store.

I don't think they did anything to that sin and punishment game, it was just a Japanese rom. Like Rondo of blood

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Man, my gen 1 vita ate poo poo and died and now I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to try and replace the thing that I only really play when I'm travelling and is otherwise an alarm clock.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Ideal scenario for me is Panel De Pon (since I think Tetris Attack is off the table), Metal Warriors, and Lemmings with online play.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Transformers Devastation is pretty loving dope though. The sound design alone is so satisfying, but combat overall just feels great, and you really get the sense of scale with big robot dudes smashing into each other.

The combat system like other Platinum games is actually far deeper than people give it credit for, a chap I used to know called Saur wrote the official guides for Bayonetta because he's so adept at extracting ridiculous string combos and figuring out fight systems. He loves the game. A video of him pissing about;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAmmYQJbo8I

It's a genuinely great game but those who barely scratch the surface don't see it sadly.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

DeathSandwich posted:

Man, my gen 1 vita ate poo poo and died and now I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to try and replace the thing that I only really play when I'm travelling and is otherwise an alarm clock.

At the risk of dredging up screen debate, I ended up getting a used Vita 2000 with a near flawless screen and it looks just as good as my Vita 1000. I end up taking the 2000 with me for downtime while traveling more often.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

In Training posted:

I don't think they did anything to that sin and punishment game, it was just a Japanese rom. Like Rondo of blood

They actually went and translated the menu textures and the tutorial/ending, but the subtitles are still in Japanese. It was a weird amount of effort that was only ever seen again when Sega translated Monster World 4.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The combat system like other Platinum games is actually far deeper than people give it credit for, a chap I used to know called Saur wrote the official guides for Bayonetta because he's so adept at extracting ridiculous string combos and figuring out fight systems. He loves the game. A video of him pissing about;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAmmYQJbo8I

It's a genuinely great game but those who barely scratch the surface don't see it sadly.

Nothing is better than hearing that weird wub-wub transform sound effect slightly distorted due to how fast I'm going as I transform into a flying drop kick into Starscream's stupid face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

They actually went and translated the menu textures and the tutorial/ending, but the subtitles are still in Japanese. It was a weird amount of effort that was only ever seen again when Sega translated Monster World 4.

Oh that's neat, I figured the English was already in there. I played that game a lot on Wii when they released it