Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Basebf555 posted:

I think the best way to do it would be to have all the characters interacting with either other and kinda orbiting around Trump but with Trump himself never actually appearing in the film. Just an big ensemble cast of whacked out sycophants slowly consuming each other as they desperately fight to survive another week in the administration.

This would be amazing, like if Trump, like just transition to something else or time jump any time someone is about to interact with Trump. Like someone goes into a room and then just immediately exit the room in the same shot and everyone is talking/reacting to how this two hour meeting just went.

But I also want to see the z-grade no budget dogshit sympathetic Trump movie that gets created by and for the evangelical market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone remember that "historically accurate" King Arthur movie from about 15 years ago with Clive Owen as Arthur? Didn't that have a sequel, or was it just a dvd that used the same design as the poster to the first one to trick you into thinking it was one?

Also, the thing that's bugged me about that movie since I saw it is how Lancelot is the narrator, but then he dies in the final battle, and continues narrating what happened next.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It definitely did not have a sequel.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Also, the thing that's bugged me about that movie since I saw it is how Lancelot is the narrator, but then he dies in the final battle, and continues narrating what happened next.

:laffo: This and Kiera Knightly's nipple belt and the constant lip service of WE'RE LIKE ROMANS SEE IT'S HISTORICALLY ACCURATE are pretty much the only things anyone who remembers the movie remembers from the movie.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Does anyone remember that "historically accurate" King Arthur movie from about 15 years ago with Clive Owen as Arthur? Didn't that have a sequel, or was it just a dvd that used the same design as the poster to the first one to trick you into thinking it was one?

Worked in Tupac: Resurrection.

Basebf555 posted:

Legend of the Sword cost like $200 mil to make, it's insane that they thought that was necessary to make the movie good(the movie isn't good--

Pffffft

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Basebf555 posted:

Just an big ensemble cast of whacked out sycophants slowly consuming each other as they desperately fight to survive another week in the administration.
That's pretty much begging for Iannucci to take it up.

It would be pretty amazing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The best person to play Two Scoops would be Christopher Walken in a fat suit.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Wheat Loaf posted:

Are you talking about The Lost Legion? Wasn't Merlin part of some secret society trying to find The Chosen One in that movie?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Are you talking about The Lost Legion? Wasn't Merlin part of some secret society trying to find The Chosen One in that movie?

I was going to say, wasn't there another "historically accurate" Arthur movie coming out not much later, with Colin Firth as Arthur?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Grendels Dad posted:

I was going to say, wasn't there another "historically accurate" Arthur movie coming out not much later, with Colin Firth as Arthur?

Yeah, that was The Last Legion which I'm pretty sure is the one I'm thinking of.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Basebf555 posted:

I think the best way to do it would be to have all the characters interacting with either other and kinda orbiting around Trump but with Trump himself never actually appearing in the film. Just an big ensemble cast of whacked out sycophants slowly consuming each other as they desperately fight to survive another week in the administration.

Neo Rasa posted:

This would be amazing, like if Trump, like just transition to something else or time jump any time someone is about to interact with Trump. Like someone goes into a room and then just immediately exit the room in the same shot and everyone is talking/reacting to how this two hour meeting just went.

I'll definitely check this (hopefully upcoming) movie out

that is: get to work

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember it having a pretty kickass cast, but yeah the movie was super forgettable, and the Keira Knightley/Clive Owen romance kinda creepy.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

davidspackage posted:

I remember it having a pretty kickass cast, but yeah the movie was super forgettable, and the Keira Knightley/Clive Owen romance kinda creepy.

All I remember about that movie was the controversy over the size of Keira Knightley’s breasts on the poster. I actually did see it though, it didn’t really make much of an impression.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Stellan Skarsgard plays a Saxon warlord but if I recall correctly he does this weird semi-Texan accent because he was really angry with Dubya at the time.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

All I remember about that movie was the controversy over the size of Keira Knightley’s breasts on the poster. I actually did see it though, it didn’t really make much of an impression.

i assume that's why they were bigger on the poster then

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Holdover from 2017: The Last Jedi is expected to do badly in China (where Star Wars has never been the world-conquering franchise it is everywhere else), which combined with its slowdown in North America may yet vindicate my expectation that it won't be the number one movie for 2017.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I have to confess, I briefly thought this 2017 Guy Ritchie King Arthur movie was some weird long term sequel to the lovely one from 2004 that we're talking about. Like Elizabeth coming out in 1998 and Elizabeth: The Golden Age coming out in 2007.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember when I was five, I saw the trailer for Cutthroat Island on TV but then I never saw the movie itself, so when Pirates of the Caribbean came out about seven years later, I thought that it was the same thing and there'd just been a really, really long gap between the trailer and the movie.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I remember being excited for Cutthroat Island because hey pirates and stuff but then everyone told me it was the worst movie ever made and I just sort of forgot about it, I still haven't seen it and should probably correct that just to see for myself.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Holdover from 2017: The Last Jedi is expected to do badly in China (where Star Wars has never been the world-conquering franchise it is everywhere else), which combined with its slowdown in North America may yet vindicate my expectation that it won't be the number one movie for 2017.

Unfortunately for this holdover post from 2017, The Last Jedi Is already officially the number one movie of 2017, 2018 started five days ago so it's set in stone.

https://takealook.tv/2018/01/01/the-last-jedi-is-the-number-one-movie-of-2017-after-three-weeks/

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought The Last Jedi have already outgrossed all other movies in 2017.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neo Rasa posted:

Unfortunately for this holdover post from 2017, The Last Jedi Is already officially the number one movie of 2017, 2018 started five days ago so it's set in stone.

https://takealook.tv/2018/01/01/the-last-jedi-is-the-number-one-movie-of-2017-after-three-weeks/

The number one movie domestically; it's still only number three worldwide.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Why do you care so much? This is like your tenth post in here about it.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

He's anti-milk and movies with scenes involving milk

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm not surprised at Fate of the Furious' overseas success, but I'm kind of stunned seeing how little it did relatively in the US. It seemed like it was super hyped everywhere I went and folks were excited.

Also interesting to see IT just about evenly split between US and elsewhere, I guess everyone hates clowns even if they didn't have John Wayne Gacy in their country.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

He's anti-milk and movies with scenes involving milk

I'm genuinely happy a live action, real Star Wars movie featured a scene of Luke milking the dick-teet of one of 70s as hell alien that looks like those things in Wizards.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Enos Cabell posted:

Why do you care so much? This is like your tenth post in here about it.

I don't really care about how it does but I admit that I'm much too stubborn about wanting to be arbitrarily proved "right". :shrug:

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 6, 2018

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Really that thing is an alien, it isn't even a mammal, so it's a mistake to assume that that substance was milk.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm genuinely happy a live action, real Star Wars movie featured a scene of Luke milking the dick-teet of one of 70s as hell alien that looks like those things in Wizards.

The look he gives immediately after chugging it sells the scene.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

"Only", that'll show Disney!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

The look he gives immediately after chugging it sells the scene.

It's so good, as soon as he gave the look I like, I mean between that and the pole fishing I was ready to watch like 45 minutes straight of Luke's Weird Alien Diet.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Neo Rasa posted:

I remember being excited for Cutthroat Island because hey pirates and stuff but then everyone told me it was the worst movie ever made and I just sort of forgot about it, I still haven't seen it and should probably correct that just to see for myself.

Would you consider posting a review of it in the Film Dump once you've watched it?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Neo Rasa posted:

Cutthroat Island is a decent big budget pirate actioner. The first Pirates is better but so what, check out Cutthroat anyway.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Grendels Dad posted:

"Only", that'll show Disney!

In all seriousness, it seems (from my plebian vantage point) you actually see big shake-ups and a lot of sturm und drang at the management level over these movies not "failing" but not doing as well as projected. Like sure Carbots VIII: This Chug's For Choo made its budget back just from endorsement deals and the profit was four times the GDP of most countries but that's 10% below our projections! Someone's going to lose their head!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't really care about how it does but I admit that I'm much too stubborn about wanting to be arbitrarily proved "right". :shrug:

Well didn't you predict it would end up with $900 worldwide and it's at $1,100 and still going so I think that ship's sailed

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Neo Rasa posted:

Kiera Knightly's nipple belt

Yes I'd like to know more

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

In all seriousness, it seems (from my plebian vantage point) you actually see big shake-ups and a lot of sturm und drang at the management level over these movies not "failing" but not doing as well as projected. Like sure Carbots VIII: This Chug's For Choo made its budget back just from endorsement deals and the profit was four times the GDP of most countries but that's 10% below our projections! Someone's going to lose their head!

That last sentence almost makes it all sound exciting, when the sad reality is that nobody ever loses their head, a bunch of morons just write a lot of stupid emials and then the next movie is made.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

Yes I'd like to know more

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Leelu dallas

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Basebf555 posted:

I love that Sean Connery was still commanding huge money but he was just like "gently caress this, I'm sick of all these poo poo movies" and retired.

Well it was more that the script for Entrapment was changed after he was cast so that he didn't hook up with Zeta Jones anymore and he was gravely offended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jake!!!!!’