Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Mustafa Ali will win the cruiserweight title in Saudi Arabia. Because WWE is run by Vince McMahon.

That’s why he didn’t win tonight.

there"s like 7 title matches on the show. At least 1 has to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
ric shouldve zapped asuka with a cattle prod during the match

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Le Saboteur posted:

Roman's WrestleMania booking almost seems like a secret grudge Vince has against the Wild Samoans because they keep flying them in to watch Roman lose in more and more depressing circumstances.

Nia's a cousin of some kind right? So they at least got a win somewhere this time.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckTXWtzx-Nw

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Le Saboteur posted:

Roman's WrestleMania booking almost seems like a secret grudge Vince has against the Wild Samoans because they keep flying them in to watch Roman lose in more and more depressing circumstances.

"things should be different this time" *sees seth swing another belt over his head and roman loses again*

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

This was still better than Mania 32. That show was an absolute loving slog and there wasn't a moment of joy to be found in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Nia's a cousin of some kind right? So they at least got a win somewhere this time.

Nia is apparently really close to Rock's mother, who's her aunt. I don't know if she's her real aunt or just like that thing people do where an older cousin is called an aunt/uncle though. Internet doesn't seem to know the exact link between them.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
In 1 year bray went from the only wyatt with a belt to the only one without one.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Blaise330 posted:

In 1 year bray went from the only wyatt with a belt to the only one without one.

Bray Wyatt was a belt pillow so that Randy Orton could get repaid for getting murdered by Brock Lesnar by having the worst match at mania and then having the worst feud of the year before losing to loving Jinder.

I just realized what a mess the WWE championship has become.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can't stop thinking of Brock's hosed up bottom teeth. Like I ain't never seen the bottom front teeth as anything other than flat. It's like looking at a lotus pod, just makes my skin crawl.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Retromancer posted:

This was still better than Mania 32. That show was an absolute loving slog and there wasn't a moment of joy to be found in it.

There was for the Jericholic, the Zack Ryder sympathizer, etc. But I agree this is much much better, I liked it better than 33 as well.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Just put a championship on Finn and push that good gay man to the moon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Nicholas is sticking around, because i want skits. Braun takes Nicholas to Chipotle, gets them both his signature large burrito bowl with quad steak+triple chicken, is confused when nicholas can't eat it. Braun decides to start slow with nicholas, only have him squat 600. Things of this nature.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Somehow US title has gone through AJ, Randy, and ending up with Jinder just like the wwe title. I think it's time for a draft.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope Nicholas is sticking around, because i want skits. Braun takes Nicholas to Chipotle, gets them both his signature large burrito bowl with quad steak+triple chicken, is confused when nicholas can't eat it. Braun decides to start slow with nicholas, only have him squat 600. Things of this nature.

Braun "Piccolo" Strowman would be a great gimmick.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Heyman's going to come out tonight and announce that Brock has quit and surrender the belt. It's going to be amazing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Nicholas is like when Power Rangers Turbo added a 10 year old as a ranger.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I thought Mania was pretty consistently okay to good, with few high points and few low points. Rousey match was probably the best of the night, which is weird to say. Well, that's my take folks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I didn't watch WM this year but seeing the booking results made me regret it a little, because lol they certainly outcrazied the NXT show. I'm glad AJ got his win back and hope Nak going heel leads to beautiful things. Everything about the Taker squash, Brock winning, and Nicholas own because it's all completely loving insane

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Retromancer posted:

Heyman's going to come out tonight and announce that Brock has quit and surrender the belt. It's going to be amazing.

Do it. Bury everyone. Say there's no one worth fighting so he's leaving.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Okay to good stretched out over such a long period of time results in bad. It could be saved in the editing room though.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
We had to endure 2 months of bitching about undertaker and rousey just for things to turn out fine

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

We had to endure 2 months of bitching about undertaker and rousey just for things to turn out fine

Ronda was good, but there is still time for her to be sacrificed on the alter of Mcmahonism.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Did they do this just to give Roman the belt at the Oil Rumble instead

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Dacap posted:

Oil Rumble

This is great

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dacap posted:

the saudi crowd is gonna go wild when roman kicks out of that tenth f5

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Dacap posted:

Crowning Roman at an event most people will be at work during is not how you show he's your top guy. They are in all likelihood hitting some sort of reset button on him either a character alignment change or a move to Smackdown I'd imagine.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I liked that show, but I can forgive a lot just due to Taker giving Cena a two minute squash and a "Get off my lawn" glare

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

Nobody knows yet but some are speculating it's to do Brock/Lashley.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like how the whatculture guy said they gave jinder the title cause of the oil rumble. I don't think every brown guy is from the same country. It's like saying they'll give nakamura the title at a Malaysian event.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Blaise330 posted:

I like how the whatculture guy said they gave jinder the title cause of the oil rumble. I don't think every brown guy is from the same country. It's like saying they'll give nakamura the title at a Malaysian event.

You know drat well WWE would do that, too

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
If Shinsuke’s heel gimmick is “Chozen from Karate Kid 2”, I’m all in.

I really hated Chozen and wanted to see him lose. :mad:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

I mean, if we're talking about why Vince would do something, that makes complete and total sense

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Time holding a modern day top-tier WWE championship (consecutive days)
Brock Lesnar – 372 days
CM Punk – 435 days

Brock Lesnar will pass CM Punk’s modern-day record on Monday, 11 June 2018.

The Money in the Bank PPV will be held on Sunday, 17 June 2018 in Rosemont, IL, just outside of Chicago.

Five bucks says Brock holds until then JUST to break's Punk record, and then Lesnar drops it at SummerSlam, if not MitB.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Brock Lesnar – 372 days
CM Punk – 435 days

The Money in the Bank PPV will be held on Sunday, 17 June 2018 in Rosemont, IL, just outside of Chicago.

Five bucks says Brock holds until then JUST to break's Punk record, and then Lesnar drops it at SummerSlam, if not MitB.

This is probably it and it will backfire tremendously because the mention of it will just remind everyone of CM Punk.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Not to get all 'bloo bloo bloo :words:' about it, but I've been watching WWE's main roster poo poo for like 5 years now. Every raw, every smackdown, every ppv, even the lovely preshows. Had my Network sub since day one and kept it through all this poo poo.

Roman hadn't even finished his lame little walkout crap before I cancelled. I'm loving done. This awful booking has just killed any goddamn desire I have to stick around. I'm watching raw tonight, smackdown tomorrow, then binging the actually fun poo poo on the network, like the CWC and ride along, and then I'm done. gently caress this booking, I'll come back when vince is finally dead.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CobiWann posted:

Brock Lesnar – 372 days
CM Punk – 435 days

People kept calling into Tazz's radio show saying that and he keeps going "nah, no way, thats stupid, vince wouldnt care about something like that. Nah"

I'm guessing he doesn't remember AJ Lee and Demolition.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
Got bored and made a thing...

Behold! Super Cena Kart 64

https://streamable.com/h475c

Lazer fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 9, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I wonder, is a 10 year old winning the raw tag titles better or worse than one of the godfather's hos winning the hardcore title. I feel kinda bad for that woman, the record books just has her name as "Godfather's Ho".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I just put down £30 to get one as well. I hope it arrives before I go see Finn live in May :pray:

Shipping can be a pain to the U.K. I'm sure , but I think with three weeks and change you should be okay.

CobiWann posted:

Brock Lesnar – 372 days
CM Punk – 435 days

I'd absolutely take that bet, and I'd expect it to happen at MitB and involve a same-night cash-in after the match on Brock so that nobody gets that sweet "I'm a full-time wrestler and I beat Brock 1 on 1 clean for the title" rub. Plus Brock probably still wants to get back to UFC asap, so why wait until Summerslam to start that one year suspension for pissing hot?

Saint Freak posted:

Do it. Bury everyone. Say there's no one worth fighting so he's leaving.

This would be hilarious. Realistically the best of both worlds is that Heyman cuts that promo to open the show with Lesnar in the ring, Finn Balor insults him enough to get him to put the title on the line for one last time, and Finn beats him to be Universal Champion again.

I just can't picture Lesnar leaving without losing the title to someone in a match, although I would appreciate the symmetry of him entering the company to posts of vinceflex.jpg and burning money by losing to Cena on his first match back, and then creating very similar emotions when he leave by winning on his way out.

• Locked thread