Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Thoros of Beirut has withdrawn his proposal, see Binyamin Nasrallah's

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

WHEREAS His Majesty, King Godefroy, the King of Jerusalem, has proven himself preeminent among the kings of Europe,

WHEREAS the Emperor of Song has an affinity for Christians that could generate greater ecumenical dialogue

WHEREAS the Middle Kingdom possesses indisputable wealth, power, and learning, from which the Kingdom of Jerusalem would benefit,

I, Qualiam d'Quintavallis, hereby propose the following policy:

The Prester John Actualization Policy

1. The King of Jerusalem travel immediately to Bianjing to kowtow before the emperor in pursuit of friendly diplomatic ties;

2. While in Bianjing, the king will make every effort to secure rare artifacts for the Haute Cour and pursue trade opportunities.

This policy will give our king the opportunity to spread the word of the Christ while in the Middle Kingdom. With some effort, we can use the Son of Heaven’s interest in Christendom to make him accept the Son of God.

E: Renamed the act to better reflect its goals

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 5, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Hashim, how did Count Fucker's firstborn son die? Was he eaten by Prince Raimond? Who has Prince Raimond eaten?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

MaxieSatan posted:

* OOC - seems our inheritance law may prevent granting territory directly to women under normal circumstances. Hashim, if you're up to save-edit or console in a baroness, it would be appreciated; if not, just grant control of this castle directly to the Prince of Cairo.

This won't happen unless it's permissible in-game, which it currently isn't. That would have to be altered before I can freely give titles to women.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'd like to commend my good compatriot Flesnolk for his wise policymaking. While I am here, I'd also like to propose a new Directive: On the Legacy of Godefroy

To serve as a cautionary tale to all the good boys and girls on the scourge of brain gout, I propose we give Godefroy, the winner of two crusades, the nickname "Fatty Brains."

Let there be no further victims of this horrible epidemic!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Hashim, how did Count Fucker's firstborn son die? Was he eaten by Prince Raimond? Who has Prince Raimond eaten?

I will not *munch munch* suffer this slander! I have fought and bled for this kingdom since its *slurp* foundation! So what if a few criminals disappear?

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Hashim posted:

This won't happen unless it's permissible in-game, which it currently isn't. That would have to be altered before I can freely give titles to women.

drat. Well, I'll edit it to be given directly to the Prince, then, unless someone else wants it and makes a good case for giving it to them.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
He calls the kitchen his dungeon.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
edit: me super dumb and forgot about voting time

Pacho fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 4, 2019

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Pacho posted:

We must protect the Sacred Crown of Thorns! and get a bunch of Grace in the process so I'll support my faction's Missionary Loans Program policy

((It's not voting time for 24 hours, hold off on the voting for now))

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Esteemed members of the Haute Cour, on behalf of the Regent Tièrri van Loon of the Parti du Roi and Dimitri Blaiddyd of Pro Deo et Regno, I propose the

Kingdom Consolidation Act of 1110

Due to the succession constraints of the Egyptian crown, upon the death of our monarch the realm could split in half, as if we were King Solomon's child. This is unacceptable. Therefore in this act we propose:

The Kingdom of Egypt title is rendered fundamentally void as long as the Kingdom of Jerusalem exists and we hold no empire title. Therefore:

1. The Kingdom of Egypt title must be destroyed and never be a formal title in the Kingdom of Jerusalem as long as Kingdom remains the highest title in the realm.
  2. The Kingdom of Egypt title may be restored if the Kingdom of Jerusalem becomes a lower title inside of an empire.

I submit this bill for your consideration, and trust that God will guide us towards its enactment.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

I KNEW IT.

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

:eyepop: Oh dear.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

I shall, now that our Kingdom is established and not under threat, propose an updated version of my previous policy, which I am calling The Silk Must Flow 2: Post-Crusade Boogaloo

- Four trade posts along the silk road are to be constructed in our eligible provinces, beginning with Jerusalem and Jaffa
- These trade posts are each to be upgraded with one level of Silk Road Trading Post and Mercenary Garrison, with the post in Jerusalem to receive a further level of each
- The Steward of the kingdom shall be assigned to oversee construction in Jerusalem until these are completed

It is my hope that this brings prosperity to our realm.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Grizzwold posted:

The Silk Must Flow 2: Post-Crusade Boogaloo

This contains way too much. Policies are restricted to 3 actions, and this contains 16 or 18 or something.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Grizzwold posted:

I shall, now that our Kingdom is established and not under threat, propose an updated version of my previous policy, which I am calling The Silk Must Flow 2: Post-Crusade Boogaloo

The aims are admirable, but the wise gentleman has neglected the source of the silk: China. Should Mercator Dei not instead support the Shangqing School's estimate projects of improving Chinese relations at this critical opportunity when we have the interest of the East?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

QuoProQuid posted:

The Prester John Actualization Policy

1. The King of Jerusalem travel immediately to Bianjing to kowtow before the emperor in pursuit of friendly diplomatic ties;

2. While in Bianjing, the king will make every effort to secure rare artifacts for the Haute Cour and pursue trade opportunities.

Just to be sure, item 2 is a Request Artifact and Request Trade Contract from China? Might want to split them into separate points, just for clarity.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I believe Item 2 refers to the fact that, during the kowtow trip, you get events that can lead to you gaining Chinese artefacts.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Ah okay, that's perfectly fine then. I assumed they were specific Dipomatic Interactions with China.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Hashim posted:

Ah okay, that's perfectly fine then. I assumed they were specific Dipomatic Interactions with China.

Yeah, Flesnolk has got it right. I just wanted the king to bring back artifacts

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

* In return, the Kingdom is to use the resulting Grace* to request the services of a Chinese physician to aid the ailing King Godefroy.

(* OOC note - the crown is worth 7500 Grace. That's ridiculous, it'd be a huge advantage in this early stage of the game.)

(Quick bonus OOC note that the crown is currently giving the king aka Hashim/our ultimately playable character

+0.1 Monthly Prestige
+1 Monthly Piety
+5 Same Religion
-3% National Revolt Risk

for the entire game, which we'd be giving up for a temporary (though possibly extremely powerful if we're lucky enough to use it correctly) benefit. One that can go up in smoke real fast if China is invaded by Jurchens or the like.)

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Woudn't the crown and the image only stick with Godefroy and his dynasty? So as soon as he dies and another king is elected we'd lose that bonus anyway.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

It's the Crown of Thorns and we'd be sending it to pagans a thousand miles away, which also seems relevant.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MaxieSatan posted:

It's the Crown of Thorns and we'd be sending it to pagans a thousand miles away, which also seems relevant.

what better way to convert china than to send them one of the holiest artifacts in all of Christendom?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The Emperor likes Christians, presumably he's a tolerant, learned man who wouldn't treat it like a drink coaster or what-have-you.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

MaxieSatan posted:

How shameful it is to forget Constantine the Great and his mother Helena's practice of donating pieces of the True Cross to found new communities. Disgraceful.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

You can submit a Law that makes specific monarchal regalia (crowns, sceptres, holy artifacts etc.) always belong to the elected King of Jerusalem. Basically like the Reichskrone and Lombardy Crown with the HRE.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Obliterati posted:

How shameful it is to forget Constantine the Great and his mother Helena's practice of donating pieces of the True Cross to found new communities. Disgraceful.

If you want to donate a Thorn that's fine. Giving up the whole Crown is just bad business.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Right, lads. War's over, time to attend to business. Lotta lands to handle, and that means a lot of paperwork. Paperwork as can't wait five years every time somebody keels over or gets shuffled to a different castle. So here's my proposal."

The Councillor Pro Tempore Law

Whenever a position on the King's Council (that is, the five main councillors) is vacant, and the next meeting of the Haute Cour is more than one year away, the position shall be filled forthwith by a provisional Candidate, as per the following rules.
  • Any Candidate must be a Catholic vassal or member of the Court, sound of mind and body to the degree necessary for the office.
  • Among these, the office shall be granted to the Candidate who displays the greatest skill in the appropriate area (that is, the Chancellery shall be granted to the most skilled Diplomat, &c.).
  • The King (or his duly-appointed Regent) shall retain the Prerogative to break ties, or to Veto the most-skilled Candidate in favor of the second.
Such appointments are always subject to Review by the next Haute Cour; officials appointed by means of this Law should be noted as such when the Court assembles. Should no action be taken, the temporary holder will be considered acceptable to continue in his Office indefinitely.

megane fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 4, 2019

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

IN RECOGNITION that our unfortunate Marshal has been so lacking in subsistence that he has been forced to resort to drastic measures, I propose a Directive, On the Matter of Tripolitanian Relief to:

Grant the minor title Keeper of the Swans to Prince Raimond of Tripoli

So that he may not have to resort to such ghastly culinary measures if the King provides him with some of his own waterfowl.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Mirdini posted:

Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity (Han-flavored Tolerance)

Parti Du Roi

Also, can't believe I missed this, but can these be scaled down to 100x100 in the future (or 100x65 for sssc)

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 4, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

You can submit a Law that makes specific monarchal regalia (crowns, sceptres, holy artifacts etc.) always belong to the elected King of Jerusalem. Basically like the Reichskrone and Lombardy Crown with the HRE.

Very good. House Brienne introduces the following legislation for the consideration of the Haute Cour.

A Law Regarding the Ownership and Disposition of Certain Holy Relics

NOW SUPERSEDED BY LATEST REVISION

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 5, 2019

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Prince Raimond is obviously still invited to both my personal hunting trips and to the official royal hunting trips, but uhhh, perhaps someone should keep an eye on him to make sure that the only living things being hunted on our outings are birds and creatures that walk on the ground with four feet.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

i81icu812 posted:

A Law Regarding the Ownership and Disposition of Certain Holy Relics

Might want to specify which Relics. As it is, a cynical King might make use of your vague wording to sell a few artifacts that he considers not necessarily holy.

For the purposes of listing out the Relics, you're free to include 3 or more (since they're not technically clauses, just a listing).

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Hashim posted:

Might want to specify which Relics. As it is, a cynical King might make use of your vague wording to sell a few artifacts that he considers not necessarily holy.

For the purposes of listing out the Relics, you're free to include 3 or more (since they're not technically clauses, just a listing).

A second version for your consideration.

A Law Regarding the Ownership and Disposition of Certain Holy Relics and Other Particular Artifacts

All Holy Relics within the jurisdiction of the Haute Cour are the sole property of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and always belong to the duly elected King of Jerusalem that he may protect and safeguard on behalf of the Kingdom.

- This Law applies to any and all Holy Relics or other Artifacts excepting those that can be equipped in the ‘weapon’ slot or the ‘torso’ slot.

- Additionally this Law applies to any and all Holy Relics or other Artifacts that can be equipped in the ‘ceremonial weapon’ slot.

- Additionally this Law applies to the Lance of Longinus, the Staff of Moses, and King David’s Sling and the exception regarding Holy Relics that can be equipped to the ‘weapon’ slot does not apply to these three named Holy Relics.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 5, 2019

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Posting from the discord, courtesy of Ralepozozaxe.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Titular Title Directive of 1110

Grandmaster van Loon approaches the center of the Haute Cour

Fellows of the realm! Due to the joint law proposal between the Parti du Roi and Pro Deo et Regno, I believe that if the title of Egypt is consolidated into the single title of King of Jerusalem, that the titular title "Protector of Egypt" should be bestowed upon the ruling monarch.
The King would then be referred to as:

King X, King of Jerusalem and Protector of Egypt.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 5, 2019

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Policy Proposal to commission a Great Mural in Alexandria in honor of King Godefroy the Great and the warriors of Christ and the creation of additional tolls on the bridges and roads of Alexandria.

- In recognition of the great victory given to us by God over the Caliphate, the glory of the triumphant crusader king Godefroy the Great and the sacrifices of our brothers in arms, a great historic mural shall be commissioned for the sum of 300 gold coins to be painted on the interior walls of the Lighthouse of Alexandria. In it shall be depicted the events of the First and Second Crusades, along with the brilliant leadership of our faithful king, the martyrdom of Count Galdemar of Hebron and whatever other events which shall be deemed worthy of preservation.

-Alexandria, being a center of commerce and one of the final points along the trade network which extends to distant Cathay, shall have the infrastructure built to support additional road tolls in Alexandria for the sum of 250 gold coins (a feature built on the lighthouse). This shall make any future trade posts built in Alexandria extra profitable for the crown.

Brothers, we find ourselves blessed with wealth and glory. Each of you has reason to be proud, but let us not forget who we owe this victory to. Godefroy, great crusader king, scourge of the Muhammadans and warrior for Christ, is surely deserving of our praises and a monument to match. The walls of the Great Lighthouse of Alexandria are massive, ancient and bare. I propose we have a mural commissioned, to honor our king and remember those brothers and martyrs who we have lost.

Alexandria is not simply home to a lighthouse of great size, but also a place of great wealth. As the westmost post of the great trade networks which extend to far Cathay and Indou, it would surely be to the treasury's benefit if additional tolls were established on the road, bridges and barges of the county.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I'd like to make an independent character, Coptic Egyptian that came with all the new land.
Name: Binyamin
House: Nasrallah
Culture: Egyptian