Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there a thread for King's Raid?

For some reason they never moved it in here and its lost in games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Irritated Goat posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853535

Thread’s been dead for several months though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Date A Live kinda just feels like a 2D Honkai Impact clone with a visual novel tacked on, I just felt like I'd rather play Honkai Impact.

I'm kind of enjoying the combat, it's easier for me to follow than Honkai, but the visual novel bit keeps throwing in characters I haven't met in the story yet. I was having issues last night where some of the text would fly by too fast so I kept having to go to the log to see what the gently caress just happened.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

New Leaf posted:

I'm kind of enjoying the combat, it's easier for me to follow than Honkai, but the visual novel bit keeps throwing in characters I haven't met in the story yet. I was having issues last night where some of the text would fly by too fast so I kept having to go to the log to see what the gently caress just happened.

If I could play it on PC, I’d be all over it but phone is unwieldy.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

There are a couple of us still playing, but the goon guild is dead. Game still fun, just people tend to burn out after their first project is done after about 6 months.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Has anyone else been playing Guardian Tales? It just released globally but apparently was pretty easy to play earlier. I'm having a blast, the gameplay is more Zelda like than anything else and most of your time spent will be trying to solve puzzles.

There's a shard system to raise your characters that I can see eventually being annoying but for now it's super cute and fun.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

ldragon posted:

There are a couple of us still playing, but the goon guild is dead. Game still fun, just people tend to burn out after their first project is done after about 6 months.

That honestly says a lot. I'll pass. I just cannot seem to stick with a gacha for long except for GBF and Dragalia. Both are massive in terms of what to do for someone who hasn't played in a long time so I get overwhelmed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Does ubisoft's tom Clancy gacha drop this week? I am getting youtube ads for it.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Tae posted:

Started King of Fighters, picked King as my freebie and Nakaruru as my reroll. I'm sure I'm going to regret this like 20 hours later but I'm just rolling with my former CvS2 team (RIP no Hibiki).

The purple-bordered FES characters are almost universally better than other characters, and you want to start by maxing out one character to stomp everything so Nakoruru will last you a long time. The only thing that'll stop her will be high-level red element enemies (since she's green), so the next time you get to pick a FES character grab a blue one to cover her elemental weakness. Eventually you'll want full teams of every color so don't stress about it too much, just focus on building up one character for now.

I've been playing since launch so if you have any questions, lemme know.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Has anyone else been playing Guardian Tales? It just released globally but apparently was pretty easy to play earlier. I'm having a blast, the gameplay is more Zelda like than anything else and most of your time spent will be trying to solve puzzles.

There's a shard system to raise your characters that I can see eventually being annoying but for now it's super cute and fun.

Started on this too, definitely super charming and active gameplay! I’m liking the little story beats and animations and as long as the gacha doesn’t get too obnoxious I might stick with it for a while.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Whoreson Welles posted:

Started on this too, definitely super charming and active gameplay! I’m liking the little story beats and animations and as long as the gacha doesn’t get too obnoxious I might stick with it for a while.

It's not the gacha that's obnoxious, it's the awakening and evolution system that take 6-8 weeks to get a character to a useable state for PVP. Sadly PVP is the main source of gems at endgame. I still love the gameplay though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Too Shy Guy posted:

I've been playing since launch so if you have any questions, lemme know.

Well I have a billion SSRs, let alone all these silvers. Do the silvers have any point, and what million versions of Mary do I focus on?

Like are all purple the best? The giant bird from Gintama is a purple.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Yeah even the worst purple-bordered characters are as good as the very best gold characters, so you really can't go wrong focusing on them (even the Gintama bird). The only use silver characters have is for certain Team Relay and Epic Quest challenges where they restrict the cost of your teams, though none of those are really essential to do. As for Mary, I believe her best version is Halloween if you've got that one.

You can pretty much level up anyone you want, as gold, xp potions, and cores are all easily renewable resources and you get passive bonuses for everyone from getting characters to levels 30, 60, and 90. You'll have an easier time progressing by focusing on your purple-bordered characters but there are plenty of good gold characters that'll last you a long time. Mai 95, Kyo 95, Mature 96, and King 97 are all solid picks from the original roster. The only resource I'd be hesitant on spending are plus capsules, they tend to come in very slowly from events and log-in bonuses. I've got a lot of plus capsules on middling characters I wish I could get back, so save those for people you know you're going to use forever. Rainbow cores can also be hard to come by early on because of how expensive they are to make and use, so I would hold off on the last three tiers of cores for all but your best characters.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Been playing Guardian Tales, its pretty drat good. It's like a gacha version of Link to the past, with virtually no auto. The rates are poo poo, but nothing from the gacha is needed for the single player part. All the PvP stuff is pure P2W garbage cancer, but the rest of the game is so good that it isn't a factor.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Are there any Goon Guilds in Guardian Tales? If not, I can start one.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

The man called M posted:

Are there any Goon Guilds in Guardian Tales? If not, I can start one.

Dont think so?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I believe there is Goonsquid but it's only about 10 or so people and mostly dead. If you are in it for guild perks and raids then better to find one elsewhere.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Whoreson Welles posted:

I believe there is Goonsquid but it's only about 10 or so people and mostly dead. If you are in it for guild perks and raids then better to find one elsewhere.

Is there a DIscord or something, how did you guys organize?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I just remembered seeing someone post about it in this thread a couple pages ago.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
For anyone who’s considered playing Guardian Tales make sure to install it before the 25th. Apparently they’re giving everyone 50 free Hero pulls and 50 free Weapon pulls on that day, and at least one Elite guaranteed in each bunch.

Edit: Turns our it’s 50 pulls total, given out as 10 per day starting on the 25th

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 23, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FreshFeesh posted:

For anyone who’s considered playing Guardian Tales make sure to install it before the 25th. Apparently they’re giving everyone 50 free Hero pulls and 50 free Weapon pulls on that day, and at least one Elite guaranteed in each bunch.

Edit: Turns our it’s 50 pulls total, given out as 10 per day starting on the 25th

Unfortunatly for me, it doesn't use an existing IP, and I've found I can't get into gachas without that.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
What a weird preference. You're cheating yourself by not giving it a shot because even without a ton of backstory the little in-game scenes are super charming and neat to play through.

To each their own, though.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

FreshFeesh posted:

Isn't that today? I dont see any free pulls?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Ghostnuke posted:

Isn't that today? I dont see any free pulls?

It was delayed one day to today.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Whoreson Welles posted:

What a weird preference. You're cheating yourself by not giving it a shot because even without a ton of backstory the little in-game scenes are super charming and neat to play through.

To each their own, though.

No I totally get him. I like getting characters from media I know and appreciate so I can immediately assign some sort of value to them or have some idea of what they do for the group. If helps keep me invested more than getting "generic swordsman #7" and "big titty sorceress #14".

On that note, is anyone playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing? I binged Naruto with my wife over quarantine and picked it up around the 4th anniversary when they had a lot of freebies.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

New Leaf posted:

No I totally get him. I like getting characters from media I know and appreciate so I can immediately assign some sort of value to them or have some idea of what they do for the group. If helps keep me invested more than getting "generic swordsman #7" and "big titty sorceress #14".

On that note, is anyone playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing? I binged Naruto with my wife over quarantine and picked it up around the 4th anniversary when they had a lot of freebies.

I briefly installed it on a whim a few weeks ago for the poo poo of doing the anniversary pulls but after that the rate that you get currency felt pretty slow and overall the gameplay not very rewarding so dropped it pretty fast.
I can't really speak to this side of it with any expertise or anything obviously but it kind of just felt like it had fallen pray to the same pitfalls as a lot of the older gachas too, with only the newest units remaining meta for very short periods. That's the sense I got from it at least when looking at the pvp stuff and everything.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I dunno I guess I never played any Final Fantasy games or whatched any animes so literally every gacha in existence is new material for me.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I played Blazing for a few months a while ago, it was a fuckin power creep nightmare, and pvp is too important to not care about that.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

FreshFeesh posted:

I installed this because it why not, and while some of the monetization seems questionable, the gameplay is excellent. Also I don't know if I'm just lucky or if it's how these banners work but I pulled Vishuvac out of last night's free ten and Eugene from todays, so off to a seemingly good start.
Good recommendation.

e: How valuable is pulling dupes? Should I keep using the free 10 daily ten pulls to get more Vishuvac/Eugene or should I use them on the weapon banners?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Nation of Thizzlam posted:

I installed this because it why not, and while some of the monetization seems questionable, the gameplay is excellent. Also I don't know if I'm just lucky or if it's how these banners work but I pulled Vishuvac out of last night's free ten and Eugene from todays, so off to a seemingly good start.
Good recommendation.

e: How valuable is pulling dupes? Should I keep using the free 10 daily ten pulls to get more Vishuvac/Eugene or should I use them on the weapon banners?

Don't get hero dupes to start. Try for Vish weapon. Eugene does not require her ex to function well.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Good recommendation.

Character dupes give shards but you can farm them (extremely extremely slowly) in the daily dungeons so don't use gems for that especially if you don't have the character's unique weapon which are usually THE thing that makes the gacha characters so much better.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
My copy of Guardian Tales crashed at the login screen so, of course, I get to go through the tutorial for the 3rd time. :sigh: Never install beta versions of phone OS. It ends in tears or frustration every time.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

oh dear god help me

Nation of Thizzlam fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 31, 2020

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

oh dear god help me
e: apparently i suck at using bb code because it keeps just showing as a blank space
https://imgur.com/a/MLzPg2U

You were trying to link to an album rather than a single image.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Largepotato posted:

You were trying to link to an album rather than a single image.

Oh for gently caress's sake you're right, i'm an idiot. Thanks.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

New Leaf posted:

Speak for yourself. Big Titty Sorceress #14 is one of the best characters going.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

ldragon posted:

I just got into Kings Raid, is there a discord or wiki or anything with relevant information to help me get my feet on the ground and make some sound decisions on how to spend the premium currency / what characters to focus on ?

edit: dead games dead discord is not totally dead. Still would be happy to receive any newbie advice you may have though

Hi fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 1, 2020

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I'm playing Guardian Tales on my own so far, any goons want to guild up?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hi posted:

I just got into Kings Raid, is there a discord or wiki or anything with relevant information to help me get my feet on the ground and make some sound decisions on how to spend the premium currency / what characters to focus on ?

edit: dead games dead discord is not totally dead. Still would be happy to receive any newbie advice you may have though

Just go through the story and pick the characters you like most when they show up at the inn and max out their relationship so they join your party. You should focus on having a dedicated phys damage team and a magic team, then you can focus on more granular teams tailored for each of the content.

You can find youtube videos with character ratings and which of their unique equipments to use for the type of contents. I haven't played for a long time so I dont know anything about the soul stuff. The characters get updated so they can always get buffed and barely never nerfed, most of them are useful in at least one portion of the content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Ghostnuke posted:

I'm playing Guardian Tales on my own so far, any goons want to guild up?

Some of us are in “goon squid” and while there isn’t much chat we’re clearing down bosses quickly enough