Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Spoilers for what I think the big vote is:

It's probably also picking baby's gender.

Does that matter much? Surely this game doesn't follow that absolutely retarded idea that a womans life ends with marriage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Does that matter much? Surely this game doesn't follow that absolutely retarded idea that a womans life ends with marriage?

No. You don't grow up when playing as their kid so you never get "married", but there are optional "marriage" events where you kind of have a pretend-marriage with another kid, and your options there are determined by gender

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The Cheshire Cat posted:

No. You don't grow up when playing as their kid so you never get "married", but there are optional "marriage" events where you kind of have a pretend-marriage with another kid, and your options there are determined by gender

You can also do these with multiple people. ...well, you're supposed to be eight or something. That's not important, but it's still a choice we make. In a way we're selecting our future protagonist. Which is why it's a big vote.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Update 20: The Greatest Adventure

It’s Fall in Rune Factory 2, which means it’s time for another town festival!

The Adventure Contest is a holdover from RF1. Although, I think it was called the Treasure Hunt in that one. The rewards were also far better.

: That sounds exciting. I wanna compete too!

: Ha-ha! Cammy, you really like that sort of thing, don't you?

I’m glad we have the support of this child in case Bandan gets mauled by wolves or whatever.

I’m kinda surprised they still have this festival if 90% of the town thinks it’s a deathtrap. Who’s even competing?

Oh. Figures.

Also not surprising, but much more welcome.

: For the Adventure Contest...We will be measuring the time it takes for you to find a specific.item in a wild area. You will be competing to find the item in the shortest possible time. It's a chance to show off your skills as an amazing adventurer! And if you win, that special someone's opinion of you will no doubt go up! What's more, the winner will receive a faaaabulous prize! So how about it?!

I mean, to be honest, Bandan’s girlfriend only likes it when he pays her for fortunes, I’ve got crops to water, and the only things I ever win from these things I sell, so...

it’s fuckin’ on

: What's up, human? Surely you can't be.considering joining in the competition...I don't know how many wild areas you've tried exploring, but there's no way a human could ever set.any record worth beating. Needless to say, I'll be winning this competition with time to spare.

: Wow! You’ve got abs of steel, Jake!

: Ahh! What are you doing? Stop that!

: What? It’s not like you’re all flabby. He should be proud, right, Bandan?

: Umm...sure. So, are you thinking of competing as well, Tanya?

: Yup.

: What?! You're competing?! Do you even understand the point of the Adventure Contest? Or are you just here to wave a sword.around?

She’s the loving queen of adventure, you fool. Also here’s the angry Tanya portrait.

: .And watch how you talk to your boss! If you don't mind your manners, I'll send you right back to that forge! Besides, what would Cecilia think if she saw you being so rude?

In case you forgot Tanya was The Best Character, here she is clowning on Jake for several text boxes.

No reason not to.

: And now for the rules. When I say "Start," the timer immediately starts running.

This advice is a little misleading, but we’ll get to that in a bit here.

: I hid it so you wouldn't be able to see it, so if you don't check everywhere, you won't be able to find it. You'll be timed from the moment the clock starts to the instant you find the AMETHYST. Do you need to hear the ruuuuules again?

: Okay, so let's get this started. Is everyone prepared? Okay. On your marks....Get set…

Immediately take off, because this is another timed event! Also, just to be safe, I did this one at the top of the hour (Thanks again, Wayne).

You should be pretty familiar with Blessia Island at this point, so navigating there is no trouble.

And the Amethyst can be found in this little rock outcropping underneath the two RP flowers. You just have to walk around hitting A until you find it, unless you cheat like me and know where it is ahead of time.

You might notice that this isn’t exactly the “furthest northeast” room. The wrecked ship is north of this. So that’s a little annoying, but again, once you find it once, this festival is more or less solved, and you can just reset if you want.

Herman said the timer stopped once you grabbed the item, but I’m running back ASAP anyway, because now I don’t trust his instructions.

:toot:

: To think that I'd live to see such unprecedented speed! Congratulations!

Oh man, even more titles!

If three hours is the time limit for this one, it’s pretty drat generous. I had it in 20 minutes.

And, as always, the real victory is beating Jake. :smuggo:

Wait, I thought it was Adventurer King? Herman, please.

:smuggo: :smuggo:

Okay, now this is interesting. I’ll go over it later, but Greenifier has a nice use...much later. We’re hoarding this for now. Although, with a 4000 G selling price, I couldn’t fault you for just cashing it in to Doug or something.

Also Alicia’s getting into Tarot, I guess.

The next day, the Corn that Bandan planted seems to have encountered some...difficulty. This is what happens if you plant something out of season.

The description is...oddly philosophical?

Yue also decided to indirectly taunt me about my seasonal goof on the way to water the Strawberries. Thanks, Yue.

Now that he’s the Grand Adventurer King, I think it’s time to complete the Super-Bandan Program.

On the way, Cecilia lets us know that the First Forest from the last game got retranslated.

In case you didn’t play the first one, or just don’t remember, the First Forest/Forest of Beginnings is the place monsters go when you defeat them and they kinda dissolve into blue gas. Or, at least that was the case with Donnel. It might be worth keeping that in mind.

: Today is the last phase of the “Super-Bandan Training Plan”! So today’s training is going to test you on everything you’ve learned. For today, I want you to…

What does that have to do with anything you’ve taught him? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ENDLESS RPS?

: This is the last test to see whether or not you’ve really become Super-Bandan! You can do it, right Bandan?

: Yeah, I think so.

: Okay, so make sure to give this one all you’ve got!

Well, Super-Bandan is going to need some new gear befitting his stature. So we’re going shopping before heading out to the Wolf spawners.

Huh. No.

I don’t think this ever comes to anything? Usually when there’s a ghost story in a game, it means an easter egg, or

Dammit jake

: Don't you dare say a word, human. If you tell her, I won't let you off easily. Natalie herself won't be able to fix you up when I'm done with you.

Jake has like, three different threats here, but this is the best/worst one. gently caress you, Jake.

Unfortunately we’re going to need to ignore Tanya’s advice here, since I’ve already shown off the Spear.

This time, we’ll demonstrate the two remaining weapon types. The Battle Hammer is one.

The other is the Two Handed Sword.

Now, at Padova Mts., accompanied by his loyal ally, Jack, Bandan will destroy a thousand wolves.

The Hammer swings very slowly, and has the weird animation tendency to just...not show the shaft part? It does a lot of damage, though.

Speaking of damage, Jack’s has risen a lot since he started eating and getting brushed. FP is useful.

The charged hit for the Hammer is super slow, but it does insane damage. 82 is nothing to scoff at.

And, last but not least, the Hammer will sometimes stun regular enemies.

The Two Handed Swords have a basic two-hit combo, where Bandan swings it in a wide arc in front of him, twice.

There’s also a charge attack, which is just...one of the normal swings, but stronger. It’s simple, but effective.

Anyway, this didn’t take very long at all.

: Well, that completes my “build a gentleman” plan. Mission complete, Bandan! You did a great job!

Chock another title up for him, he’s on a roll!

Things Perfect Gentlemen Do:
Shadowbox
Throw Rock Ten Times In A Row
Remember Fruits.
Don’t Fold Napkins Into Hats. (debateable)
Kill Wolves.

: This is my final prize for you! Please accept it!

And so, we’ve completed the evolution into Super Bandan. Only one thing left to do now.

Alicia’s final Bulletin Board request.

: I require it to finish one of my greatest divinations. As a reward, I’ll give you a whole 1000G. What do you think?
: Sounds good to me!

Wow. That was easier than I thought.

Bandan.

BANDAN!

bandan you absolute gently caress

: Fine then. I’ll still be happy if you get me a CRYSTAL BALL!

Well. Regardless. The Ice Field is a bit of a trek, since it’s the furthest room in Padova, but this quest is still really easy. The item is really easy to see, for one thing.

A little anti-climactic, but eh.

: Yes. I found it.

: Bandan, according to my fortune, a CRYSTAL BALL is something that will be given to me as a marriage proposal.

: A...proposal?

Honestly, there was only one person for our bumbling hero.

: That’s right. The man who brings me a CRYSTAL BALL is the man I’m destined to marry.

The ineffectual fortune teller who keeps tossing water on people, digging holes in front of their houses, and spite-eating her mom’s food.

: You’re not joking?

It’s a perfect match.

:frogsiren: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :frogsiren:

Next time, you are cordially invited to the wedding of Bandan and Alicia. The only item on the registry is more Wood.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 27, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Nice job playing dumb hard to get, Bandan.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

For the horror story talk to Mana at night.

Her dialogue chanages slightly so yeah.

I think other people also talk about the horror story.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, as far as practical gifts go, is there really anything Bandan needs but tons of wood?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

For the horror story talk to Mana at night.

Her dialogue chanages slightly so yeah.

I think other people also talk about the horror story.

I know at least Douglas does, but it was pretty much the same text as Mana's so I didn't put it in. I'll see if I can dig up the night time dialogue, though, thanks.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Update 21: Bridal Showers

Here’s one I think a lot of us have been waiting for. Especially me.

It’s finally our boy’s wedding day!

And look at his hat! Where did he get that? Why can’t I wear it in normal gameplay? I have so many questions about that thing.

On the flipside, Alicia’s removed hers. Now she looks so much shorter.

: Then I now pronounce you man and wife!.You may kiss the bride!

Well, they look less awkward kissing than they do dancing. Also, fun fact, this scene made me look up why the bride stands on the left and the groom on the right during a ceremony. It is, in fact, sword related.

Gordon is Very Good.

Depending on your choice of partner, this opening scene differs. I rather like this one.

: Well, for this one time, let me predict your future.

: You’re just going to say something bad, aren’t you?

: I’m sure that a long and happy life lies ahead for the two of you.

: Mother…

: You do your best...with your fortune-telling , too.

: Thank you.

:unsmith:

: Yes…

: Be happy together!

: Of course!

And I believe all the responses from here on in are the generic ones for these characters. We’ll still be seeing them all, of course.

: Alicia, congratulations on your marriage! You must be soooo excited!

: Congratulations, Bandan and Alicia! I’m sure you two will be super-happy together!

: Congratulations...I wish the both of you a wonderful future together…

: Congratulations! I know you two will have a happy life together!

: Congratulations. I am sure that only wonderful experiences await you two.

: Congratulations! You look beautiful, Alicia. Here’s to your future!

: Hmph. I hope you’re happy together, humans.

Breaking the Congratulations string, gently caress you again Jake.

: Bandan, Alicia, congratulations to you both! I hope you two will be happy, and have many wonderful adventures together!

: Congratulations on getting married, Bandan and Alicia!

: My sincerest congratulations to the both of you. You two really look great together, and I’m sure you’ll be truly happy.

: Congratulations. Hope things work out.

: Ah, Alicia! Congratulations!

: My congratulations to you both. I wish you eternal happiness.

: I wish you my sincerest congratulations!

: Congratulations to the both of you! I know you guys will be happy together forever!

And that’s everyone. The cast is a bit smaller than I thought it was.

:toot: :toot: :toot:

Similar to the last game, getting married does jump time forward. In this case, it goes to the next morning.

I’m not sure what’s so funny about that, Bandan.

And...well…

Life goes on at Jasper Farm. Bandan’s still got crops to care for, and nothing has really changed. At least, not yet.

In this brief downtime, I wanted to show off this little nice touch, Bandan has different comments for his monsters as their FP levels raise!

And why not take a quest from our new mother-in-law? She’s about the closest thing to family Bandan has, thanks to the amnesia. Aside from Alicia, I mean.

Also, once you get married, all the other bachelorette requests are wiped from the board. If you were smart and good at this game, you might want to clear up to the free wood with all the bachelorettes before you get married. I am neither of those things.

Oh, come on, Bandan married your daughter, he can’t get a house key?

Apparently, by the way, there was supposed to be another Earthquake this morning. Getting married broke the cutscene. :v:

Bandan, the walls are made of wood and there are weapons all over, I think she’s got this.

I think this is one of the rare times you see Tanya’s crying sprite.

Now then, off to Natalie.

: When I went to Herman’s for a house call, I guess I left my STETHOSCOPE behind. I’m so busy, I just don’t have time to go get it. Could you go look around for it? It would really help me out. Do you mind?

: Not at all. That doesn’t sound too tough.

:Thanks! Go take a look in Herman’s house, okay?

: No problem.

Now, if you talk to Natalie again, she’ll give you some sage advice:

: It’s probably hidden under the furniture or somewhere like that, so you might not be able to see it. Press the A Button on any space that looks suspicious.

This is pretty important. (Naturally I missed it at first, so this took longer than it should.)

Over at Herman’s place, we’ve got a Stethoscope to dig up and an RF1 reference to get.

It occurs to me that we’ve never really explored Herman’s mansion. For example, see these things?

Turns out they’re doors!

So is the one on the base level! This reminds me of another place.

Huh. That’s probably a coincidence, but I do have to wonder how Herman and Jasper are related.

...I’m not sure what Yue’s doing in here.

That it is.

However, the Stethoscope’s not there, it’s in the far left room on the top floor. Check the side table.

Hit A on it, and you’ve got it.

: I really didn’t know what I’d do! Thank you! Here, a token of my appreciation.

Ah, early game prizes again.

: Oh, I almost forgot. Here’s one more thing as thanks.

Bandan does not know what a bottle is.

: It’s a bottle for holding medicine. It will come in handy when you’re fighting monsters.

: Thank you very much. Oh...where can I buy some medicine?

: Right here, of course.

: Oh yeah! Guess I should have known! Ha-ha-ha!

Well, while we’re here…

: Okay then. Just a minute. Okay. It’s ready.

Wait what :magical:

Uh.

Natalie...what’s going on in this Clinic?

So, as I abruptly learned, there’s evidently a bug sometimes with Natalie where when you ask her to make you a Recovery Potion, the You Got: message is...a little buggy, and can pull out quite a few things. It always just gives you the potion, though, the glitch is purely cosmetic.

Oh, by the way, you can also sleep in this bed, I never really noticed, but it doesn’t seem too in character for Bandan to just abandon Alicia to her own room immediately.

She’s showing some worrying signs of Post-Marriage Personality Loss, however. It’s common amongst these kinds of games. Hopefully she recovers.

Also, one great thing about marrying Alicia? You get to change the weather in your own house, every morning. And?

It is free.

And it’s not interrupted by rainy days.

So...if I want…I never, ever have to water my crops again.

Bandan has wed a deity.

Uh, except for today, because I forgot to do it. And I guess it’s not fair to bring eternal rain to the citizens of Alvarna, at least not yet.

And so, for a week or so after his marriage, Bandan’s life continued normally.

Getting made fun of by his in-laws.

Getting made fun of by his wife.

Finding out that the diagnosis of PMPL might be off, unlike the last game.

And, this?

: Yes...I think. I’m fine. According to my fortune…

: You don’t need fortunes, just get some rest, okay?

And, a few days later...

He’s less excited about this than you’d expect. Moreso than Donnel was, though.

: I know. I’m excited!

: So...we’re having a baby. I wonder if it’s going to be a boy or a girl.

: Hmm. Which would you rather have?

:frogsiren: IMPORTANT POLL ALERT :frogsiren:

Of course, Bandan can’t choose the sex of his child. We can, though, thanks to the powers of Video Games.

So, will Bandan’s child be a Boy or a Girl?

Straightforward, no gimmicks poll here. And, because I don’t think this counts as a spoiler to any of you anymore after this,

What is his/her name?

I can’t stress enough how important this will be for the rest of the LP. I’m aggressively wink-nudging at the people who know this game, and I think they’ll back me up on that. This isn’t going to be a poll, since there are usually so many options, I’m just going to pick my favorite suggestion.

Bold your votes. Six character limit. Have fun.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LordHippoman posted:

:frogsiren: IMPORTANT POLL ALERT :frogsiren:

Of course, Bandan can’t choose the sex of his child. We can, though, thanks to the powers of Video Games.

So, will Bandan’s child be a Boy or a Girl?

Straightforward, no gimmicks poll here. And, because I don’t think this counts as a spoiler to any of you anymore after this,

What is his/her name?

I can’t stress enough how important this will be for the rest of the LP. I’m aggressively wink-nudging at the people who know this game, and I think they’ll back me up on that. This isn’t going to be a poll, since there are usually so many options, I’m just going to pick my favorite suggestion.

Bold your votes. Six character limit. Have fun.

We must complete the joke. Bandan's child will be a girl, and her name shall be Anna.

Because it couldn't fit in his name. :downs:

(I've been waiting weeks to make exactly this vote.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

KataraniSword posted:

We must complete the joke. Bandan's child will be a girl, and her name shall be Anna.

I had an idea, but this is a better one.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

KataraniSword posted:

I also cannot argue with this logic.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

My coin flip gave me boy.
The name of Bandan and The Hat's child is Berett.

Just a bit too late to be the first to make a dumb hat pun.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I flipped a coin.

A boy. Named Boy.

Amnesia makes naming things hard.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

My coin flip says girl, and I say these hat jokes are too obvious. Pedestrian. Passé. We must give our scion a fitting name, one that truly commemorates the momentous occasion of her birth, and the turn of fortune that made it all possible!

We're going to name her Farm.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

KataraniSword posted:

Going with this, because it's just too perfect.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

KataraniSword posted:

You'd think votes would last longer than this.

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016

KataraniSword posted:

Sure

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

KataraniSword posted:

Nothing worse than an eternally incomplete joke. Do it

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, this

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

KataraniSword posted:

Sure, why not. Do this.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
:bandwagon:

InspectorSands
Feb 19, 2011

I am here to inspect your kitchen sink!
I thought Bandan's the kind of a guy to name his boy as Fedora.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

A girl called Anna.

Why not. Good stuff.

Also, congratulations!!

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Nov 27, 2017

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

How is this vote not over yet? This please.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

This is perfect.

LordHippoman posted:

Update 21: Bridal Showers
you might want to clear up to the free wood with all the bachelorettes before you get married.

:quagmire:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Let's Play Rune Factory 2: The Quest For More Wood

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

20thing Anna.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Leraika posted:

Let's Play Rune Factory 2: The Quest For More Wood

Mods? Pretty please? :pray:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

:eyepop:

Yeah, I don't think there's much need to keep the poll going. I didn't expect I'd just be handed the right answer on a silver platter, thanks KataraniSword.

You can still submit names/votes if you'd like, but this one is hard to beat.

A lot of very strong suggestions besides, though, y'all are on top of the headgear puns.

Next update may take a while, though. I'm having some image editing troubles.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 2, 2017

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Bandan can't be good at naming things though, so I vote for a girl named Banana. Because that seems to fit the "so close and yet so very, very far" aspect that we've come to expect from Bandan.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Well that's just perfect. This one

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

GeminiSun posted:

My coin flip says girl, and I say these hat jokes are too obvious. Pedestrian. Passé. We must give our scion a fitting name, one that truly commemorates the momentous occasion of her birth, and the turn of fortune that made it all possible!

We're going to name her Farm.
Seconding this.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Update 22: Childbirth Speedrun

Well, the votes are in. And they were in...very, very quickly.

KataraniSword tossed out a top quality pun on the first reply, and despite some other formidable entries, the people have vastly chosen Anna to be Bandan’s heir.

I honestly don’t know what happens if you pick “Either is fine”. I might have to test it on another playthrough.

: So, it looks like our family is going to get a little bigger.

: Let’s keep working hard together, dear.

: Of course!

Today, by the by, is the 13th of Fall, the Harvest Festival! Which is a bit less exciting than getting news about our incoming daughter.

Oh, field’s nice and cluttered again. Time for wood. Anyway.

So, in RF1, the Harvest Festival allowed you to give your crops to villagers and raise their FP. In this one it’s...even less involved. Nothing really happens. You can just talk to people to raise their FP, but...that’s it.

Bandan even picked all these nice Strawberries for the occasion, and nobody wants them. :smith:

It’s alright, though. Not every contest can be a winner, and RF3 really steps things up in the Festival department.

Oh, and if you’ve been wondering where Natalie, Douglas, and Gordon are every Festival day, it turns out they hang out in the Clinic. What a happening party spot.

Cammy’s enthusiasm is probably a good example for Bandan.

He’s way more serious about it than that last protagonist.

There is sadly never a Sword Festival.

At least somebody likes this one, though.

And here’s confirmation that I guess Yue just eats all the food I sell her.

And...uh...that was the Harvest Festival. Sorry I don’t have more to say about it. But look! It’s Monday, and a letter’s arrived for Bandan!

I’m pretty sure this is spam.

There’s not much left worth buying in the stores at this point, aside from seeds. But don’t stop chasing that paper yet, money still has a very valid, very important function.

Thankfully, even pregnant, Alicia’s weather magics are fully functional.

But Bandan should probably keep trying to get on his mother-in-law’s good side. Let’s down another of her requests.

: I’d like you to take this medicine to Byron. Could you do that for me?

: Okay, but is Byron sick or something?

: Oh, he’s okay, you’re just delivering a HEALTH IT. It’s just a vitamin drink. It’s got a good kick to it, though.

: Okay. I’ll do it.

: Thank you. You’re really a big help.

This is a pretty bog standard delivery quest.

We’ll eventually be able to make these ourselves! Maybe. Depends on how deep into crafting the LP goes.

(I skipped right to this because you all know how these go by now.)
: Thank Natalie for me, will you? I’m sure I’ll need her services again in the future, too.

We were meant to do this a LOT earlier on.

yesssssss

:toot:

I promise we’ll actually use it soon.

And yet another week passed for Bandan. He pet his monster friends.

He manipulated the weather with forbidden chants.

He gathered even more wood.

And he made out pretty drat well on Blessia Island.

And then, on the 19th of Fall…

He left the house for five minutes and then came back in.

Well. Uh. That was fast.

Bandan can’t even bust out an excited portrait for his own daughter’s birth.

: Ha ha, you think?

: We’d better give the little one a name. Can you think of a good one?

Y’all never discussed this?

Alright. Well, the default name for the female child is Aria. The male one is Aaron.

I spoiled this earlier but :toot: Anna, daughter of Bandan, has arrived!

I’m not sure if what happens next is a name tagging goof or Bandan’s just trying to push the hard work on his wife, who gave birth literal minutes ago.

But I prefer to read it as Alicia just turning it around on him and going “Nah, you do it”.

So, the School is a very, very big deal. It is the next plot gate, and why marriage is so important. Thankfully, it’s not nearly as painful a grind as its closest relative, the RF1 House Upgrade.

Still, before we ask Byron to build us a school, let’s check out our resources.

Well, if Byron wants to take payment in Feed, we can probably handle that…

Wood Count is looking solid.

And Bandan is the richest man in town. Maybe second-richest after Herman.

Unfortunately, Byron is not on the first floor of our house. He never will be. What Alicia means is the first floor of HIS house, and since it’s a holiday, he won’t be there.

One power nap later and we’re good to go, however.

: I see...Well, in a town of this size, children are normally taught at home…

: But, Mayor, even if there are only a few children in this town, I still think it’s important for them to all learn together.

: Hmmm...that might be true, but have you considered the cost? Building a school would be very expensive!

: I will pay for the cost of everything.

Bandan’s really matured in his One Day of fatherhood.

: Thank you very much, Mayor Byron!

Hello Gold Sink and Wood Sink. It’s a good thing I actually farmed this time!

Bandan’s just showing off now, they’re in his pockets.

: Thank you!

: I’ll call in some favors and get the best men I know on this project! The school should be finished in ten days!

: T-ten days! You can build the whole thing in ten days?!

: It’ll be no problem!

: I’m looking forward to the completion of the school, too!

Well, unfortunately, we can’t see Byron’s Best Men, but we can see the school starting to take shape. They really are the best!

So, I think our goals are pretty clear now. Ten days until the school, and the real meat of the game, arrive.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I'm pretty sure if you say either is fine the game just picks at random.

Also since the best men in the village are Gordon and Douglas, I imagine they're building the school just in a montage of flexing and sass.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ahhh great! We're moving along.

I really like the school for reasons, it's my favourite part of the game. Not building it but for other reasons.

It's still best to keep on gathering money and wood - it still is useful and will be for quite a while.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

They really are the best if they can put up the entire frame of the school in less than an afternoon.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... wait, how long was Alice pregnant? Is Bandan's child some demonbaby? Is Bandan just the stepfather of the antichrist?

Also, you need 1000 wood, for a stone building. Are you just providing the wood for the scaffolding and the funds to buy the stone?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Earthmates have very short gestation periods. Also they're obviously using wooden bricks for the school.

(also also, I finished binge-reading this LP yesterday, glad I'm not late to school!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Randalor posted:

... wait, how long was Alice pregnant? Is Bandan's child some demonbaby? Is Bandan just the stepfather of the antichrist?

Also, you need 1000 wood, for a stone building. Are you just providing the wood for the scaffolding and the funds to buy the stone?

It's I think a month or something.

Or 14 days.

I forget.

• Locked thread