Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
DGK2000 is scum ##vote DGK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i believe it
##vote dgk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

i believe it
##vote dgk

...why?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##vote b-

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Actually, has Fisk even posted today?

##vote JFisk

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

My suspicion in quid is rising

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t think Fisk is scum just a gut feeling though

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
NGO dgk scumteam

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What is the case on dgk?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey could we get this in the op?

going back and reading now

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

A n0 cop is mostly preposterous, esp. As this is probably a mostly traditional mafia setup.

Quid and Bee man pushing this angle is weird to me.

this implies greater setup knowledge than what is presently available to the thread, i.e. scum. we have two flips, how can you infer that this is a traditional setup?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bc you put a fake vote on your buddy b- to immediately remove it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i believe binus to be scum, possibly with flerp.

b-minus1 posted:

If someone has to die I’ll fall on the sword but everyone should take a close look at Fisk, somber and flerp tomorrow

at this juncture binus has not even mentioned Fisk and only had a brief, friendly exchange with me. binus has however, voted flerp with no context or thought.

b-minus1 posted:

im gonna out my scum partners bc we dont have a good team

b-minus1 posted:

##vote flerp

b-minus1 posted:

because your e scum

the bit about accepting your death but asking people to investigate xyz tomorrow is a classic scum play. town who are close to death actually fight it, scum use this is an opportunity to try and set up their teammates for the long haul. at this point there is zero external motivation for any suspicion of flerp, Fisk, or myself.

b-minus1 posted:

I guess I could break the tie by voting dead cow. My flerp vote is useless

Hmmm decisions

binus makes a big show of moving his flerp vote. why? because he's nervous about appearing inconsistent.

with the above dgk vote out of nowhere, i feel confident in my vote here. [b]##vote b-minus[/b[

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
rereading flerp there's not much there v0v

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i believe binus to be scum, possibly with flerp.

at this juncture binus has not even mentioned Fisk and only had a brief, friendly exchange with me. binus has however, voted flerp with no context or thought.

the bit about accepting your death but asking people to investigate xyz tomorrow is a classic scum play. town who are close to death actually fight it, scum use this is an opportunity to try and set up their teammates for the long haul. at this point there is zero external motivation for any suspicion of flerp, Fisk, or myself.

binus makes a big show of moving his flerp vote. why? because he's nervous about appearing inconsistent.

with the above dgk vote out of nowhere, i feel confident in my vote here. [b]##vote b-minus[/b[

Quoting because I’m down

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol I haven’t been nervous for a second in this game why would I be

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
NGO dgk sombrer is the scumteam

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Guessing if there's a n0 or not is dumb. Don't think info like that should be hidden since it basically would confirm or not confirm night actions but whatever.

Somberbrero posted:

rereading flerp there's not much there v0v

I feel like that's 5 or 6 posters here which is why I think scum are hiding in one or two of them, but it would be like throwing a dart.

Still don't really understand the AA/Quid slapfight, I got to witness both of their scum/3P plays recently and they're playing pretty differently.

If you take away my ratings and any meta, the I raise still stand on there own.

Quid was faking content.
Quid wasn't making any cases of his own.
Has spent more time so far this game critiquing my evaluation system than actually playing.

I'm ready to vote for quid.

My issue with this is while some people have been creating good content and good opinions formed by reading other players, I think the overall "casing" has been weak. If it's been better I think I would feel myself leaning more towards a vote on somebody than I currently do, but I don't.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm convinced that b- is scum and is playing lazy because he got assigned scum AGAIN and is just lolling his way through the game because he's depressed about being scum again. I can't shake this feeling.

He sorta addressed this earlier and his response felt genuine to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

NGO dgk sombrer is the scumteam

I made a case against you therefore I am scum, sure, but you never explained your dgk vote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Bc you put a fake vote on your buddy b- to immediately remove it

So now I'm scum with him? You went from "my suspicion of quid is rising" to responding to my question asking why with "because you and B- are scum?" What changed your opinion from "I'm suspicious" to that response?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

My issue with this is while some people have been creating good content and good opinions formed by reading other players, I think the overall "casing" has been weak. If it's been better I think I would feel myself leaning more towards a vote on somebody than I currently do, but I don't.

I agree with this, and it's partially why I went so hard against what AA was doing. Scum hide behind weak casework. If you present a standard of casing that isn't really transparent, scum can just go "This is a great idea!" and manipulate it to look like they're presenting content when they aren't.

That's why I like lists, if they have thoughts backing them up. A list, by itself, isn't great. A list with an explanation of why you feel the way you do with quotes you can point to supporting those feelings is great.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Currently my top scumpicks remain NGO, flerp, Jfisk, and a soft B-.

NGO is content lurking.

flerp & fisk are straight up lurking.

B- I want to give the benefit of the doubt because I ALWAYS see him as scummy but he's also defaulting at this point to content lurking, moving his opinion around a lot to see what sticks, not really engaging other than to defend himself and to agree with people...it's super content light, and while I didn't want to take him down D1 for it since he ALWAYS gets dunked D1, it's looking more and more like a strategy than his playstyle.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I guess that's actually a pretty hard B- lolol.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

this implies greater setup knowledge than what is presently available to the thread, i.e. scum. we have two flips, how can you infer that this is a traditional setup?

At least a handful of us are coming out of Westwood which was a significantly role heavy game with roles unconventional to traditional mafia.

Even with power roles included, they are not likely to be anything like the Westworld roles.

Plus the size of the game, the flips we've seen and my own role.

I feel like you intentionally are misinterpreting behavior or trying to paint play as unfavorable without actually doing any real work.

You and quid are at the top of my scumspect lists with reactionary lurker Fisk in tow.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I like that you have the strongest case on B- but you're soft on him and list him last

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

At least a handful of us are coming out of Westwood which was a significantly role heavy game with roles unconventional to traditional mafia.

Even with power roles included, they are not likely to be anything like the Westworld roles.

Plus the size of the game, the flips we've seen and my own role.

I feel like you intentionally are misinterpreting behavior or trying to paint play as unfavorable without actually doing any real work.

You and quid are at the top of my scumspect lists with reactionary lurker Fisk in tow.

I just re-read the first Goodsmead merk ran and some of the roles were pretty wacky. But I think there were like 4-5 games after that he ran in the Goodsmead name and I haven't checked those, and the roles seem pretty normal so far, so you're prob right.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I agree with this, and it's partially why I went so hard against what AA was doing. Scum hide behind weak casework. If you present a standard of casing that isn't really transparent, scum can just go "This is a great idea!" and manipulate it to look like they're presenting content when they aren't.

That's why I like lists, if they have thoughts backing them up. A list, by itself, isn't great. A list with an explanation of why you feel the way you do with quotes you can point to supporting those feelings is great.

How is the case work weak specifically?

I evaluates day 1 content with the caveat that I might die in the night, there were real opinions there and I called out scummy behavior.

Dismissing it as weak without really addressing is not only scummy, but personally frustrating.

Instead of considering anything I've put forward. You single out two cases. Yours and NGOs decide they are weak and continue on without reading.

Anyone who has spent more time discussing my methods instead of discussing play in this game is probably scum.

Scum only gain favor my muddying the discussion and dismantling cases without real justification.

Town apathy allows that control.

Dancer is my strongest town read right now.
Quid and somber are my strongest scum reads.
Bee Man is my dumb read, love you bee man.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How is the case work weak specifically?

I evaluates day 1 content with the caveat that I might die in the night, there were real opinions there and I called out scummy behavior.

Dismissing it as weak without really addressing is not only scummy, but personally frustrating.

Instead of considering anything I've put forward. You single out two cases. Yours and NGOs decide they are weak and continue on without reading.

Anyone who has spent more time discussing my methods instead of discussing play in this game is probably scum.

Scum only gain favor my muddying the discussion and dismantling cases without real justification.

Town apathy allows that control.

Dancer is my strongest town read right now.
Quid and somber are my strongest scum reads.
Bee Man is my dumb read, love you bee man.

Because I decided your methods were not solid for scumhunting. I've asked you at this point to scum hunt in other ways, and I see your point on Somber but I disagree with it.

How do you feel I am muddying the discussion if I am asking you to scumhunt in other ways? You're acting like the way I approached your lists as being bad makes me scum, automatically. Everything else stems from that. I haven't seen you comment on any of my casework I've done other than return to the "quid made up content, that makes him scum." Have you read my posts from today where I am putting down opinions on people? Do you disagree with my opinions? Why? Show me! Show your work!

What, specifically, makes me scum? Case me with quotes. I'll wait! I'm the second highest poster in this thread under you, so if you think I'm faking content, prove it, case me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Furthermore, can you continue to comment on NGO for me? Here is your last statement on them:

NGO has very little, but the S.R. earned is completely in context with this thread

...which tells us to look at your list on them to reinforce that that is, in fact, your opinion...

PLAYER: NevergirlsOFFICIAL
TOWN RATING: 0.5
SCUM RATING: 1.0

No deep investigation required. I have meta reasons to believe you are more of a lurking/self-admitted lazy mafia player.

That lends to your 0.5 T.R.

I can only fault you on relying on the B- meta case, and not putting anything else forward or making any effort.

You're more null-leaning suspicious at this point, but low on the radar because this is familiar play from you.

See Pera's/Podima's Anime School Girl 3 Part Mafia for reference.

I was scum pushing you as scum for being a lazy lurker, but I don't want to rely on that meta as a pass for you.

So while I expect it, I'll be looking more for what you do put forward in terms of "content".

You have them listed as more scum than town. You just completely dropped them from your suspicion list. What changed? Why has your opinion seemingly changed here? Or did it? I have no read on how you feel about NGO now, truly.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And I also have no idea why Dancer is now your strongest town read, either. I can infer, but I'm making a lot of leaps of assuming what you did in your reading analysis to make that work. A common scum tactic is to make statements that can't be backed up by your play. Again, I don't BELIEVE you're scum at the moment, but you're certainly going down my checklist enough at the moment that it's concerning the hell out of me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can other people also come in and read some stuff and make some comments, because this thread is once again starting to turn into me and AA arguing with each other and the best way to fix this problem since I truly believe we're townies butting heads is to OFFER SOME OTHER PERSPECTIVESSSSS

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Note: I am under the influence of alcohol (having just come from board game night) but I will try to do what you ask quid (with the note that I have already presented my, I believe, strong case against B-, and also a bit against NGO).

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

AA how an argument is presented is just as important as the argument itself. You can't pretend that assigning numbers has any actual meaning when you just arbitrarily shift them based on personal preference. Like you're assigning objective value to the subjective to begin with, but then you're not even sticking with that.

I take issue with the idea that AA was "assigning objective value to the subjective". See my prev post:

Dancer posted:

Unrelated to all that, seriously, can we stop debating the value of "scum rating/town rating". AA seems to find it useful, and if it makes it easier for him to share his opinions then good on him. If you personally don't find it useful, or take issue with the fact that it goes to 4 instead of going to 5.5 or whatever, then feel free to view them as subjective (which they are). I don't see his system as having inherently more or less value than LumpenLists (which, I understand, are also not seen as universally good, but they have value to some people).

Somberbrero posted:

You call me out for my binus callout and then also he's your top scum contender? can you see how that feels contradictory? I appreciate that you're getting your thoughts out there and generating content, but your thoughts should be organized towards 'hey this is person is scum, here's why, now let's kill them.'
It is not at all contradictory to call out X for accusing Y and then also find Y very suspect. As a great person said before, "how an argument is presented is just as important as the argument itself", and whether or not you agree with the fact that Y is suspect, if it is just presented with no justification, the person presenting it are themselves acting in a suspicious fashion (note: I haven't gone back and re-read the entire context of this, my point is just that as an experienced mafia player you should know this, and it feels like you're saying things you don't actually believe i.e. what scum is wont to do).

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

And to be clear, I think that this IS probably AA's town game, because he historically goes hard on people in odd ways and gets dunked D1 because of it. But I am worrying that since he is leading the charge here and so very clearly wrong about me that you combine that with an incredibly apathetic D1 and we're gonna be down a shitton of town going into D3 simply because scum will be content to sit back and let him lead a group of town who are content to shrug and go "sounds good I guess."

This here is the quintessential example of the following complex situation:

It, at times, does read to me very much like two good faith people (i.e. town) being silly, and juuuust straddling the border of presenting opinions that almost look faked simply because of how forced they are. About a dozen times so far it feels like AA/Quid have been nitpicking about each other over tiny inconsequential details in each others' posts that wouldn't actually be suspect in a vacuum, but They. Keep. Coming. Over. And. Over. Again.

I take *particularly* strong issue with AA declaring Quid "strongest scum read". Like, I don't feel entirely comfortable defending Quid, because a lot of their arguments are pedantic crap, but it's hard to see Quid as *that* suspect in a game where so many decent cases have been made on so many other people. B- is my strongest suspect (as explained earlier), somber is suspect, NGO is suspect... But AA declares Quid "strongest scum read".

AA, do me a favor. Quid is the one person who's most directly in conflict with you. I think there is a chance that that might bias you towards perceiving them as an enemy. Can you play devil's advocate here, assume that you're seeing Quid as a bigger threat than they actually are, and re-read all the stuff the two of you have typed at each other over the past few days. Can you still justify Quid as "strongest scum read"? Note that I am very much not saying that I'm sure they're not scum, just that it looks to me like, if you're legitimately trying to scum-hunt, it's clouding your judgment.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

i believe it
##vote dgk
why are you doing this?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Dancer posted:

a lot of their arguments are pedantic crap

How did you figure me out so fast

Dancer
May 23, 2011
This is still a gray area for me. I know nothing about NGO so far, who so many people see as suspect. I think I disagree with the "lurkers are suspect" meta, though I guess I see why it exists. It jumps slightly at me that they have made statements about exactly 2 people, Quid and B-. Also briefly addressed AA. There are 8 other people in the game NGO has not deigned worth their time to comment on.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
My brain hurts. I need to do a list, but I'm on too little sleep and too much alcohol for that.

Before I leave, JFisk, please post, like, something, like, ever? As mentioned in the previous post, I think I'm cool with the existence of lurkers, but then you just show up and fling a vote at AA without any reason and that just seems scummy. That's not very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I explained exactly why AA is scum.

Kashuno is probably scum too, but I'd rather vote AA.

Quid seems sincere.

• Locked thread