Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Parviz returns to the podium.

The Childe Crusader, that little rat, should be approriately punished. By directive, I propose that Hamelin Childe be sent to the desert, under guard, and be forced to dig a hole for the rest of his days. Maybe he will find water, maybe he will find precious metals and gems, and maybe he will find nothing. Just watch out for those poisonous lizards.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Holger is still here, still causing a mess.

Hey, were is Martim? His booze is great, he should be here more. Ain't no party like an Abrao party! I propose that Doge Martim Abrao be made Advisor in place of Gautier.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and Beloved Empress of Daqin

People say to me that my official portrait is outdated. But it is not! I am a vision of youth, a representation of the culture that flows through Jerusalem itself! I have never felt better in all my life.

Oh, can't you hear the angels sing? I did not know they existed before I assumed my rightful place as empress, did not think they could co-exist with Tao, but, oh, how wondrous they are!

They speak to me now about how to bring Jerusalem to greatness. They tell me of how we might better serve my husband—the new Son of Heaven—and my children, who will lead the Middle Kingdom to a new age of prosperity.

Here is the forced policy which will advance us toward civilized thought:

The Dominion Administrative Reform Act

The Haute Cour hereby orders:

1. The Empire shall institute Imperial Examinations to promote the expertise of those in service of the Dominion. Nobles from across the Empire shall be eligible to take exams denoting proficiency in their preferred skillset to better serve the Dominion (those being diplomacy, martial, stewardship, intrigue, and learning) [taken from this submod of AtE].

2. Within the next 10 years, the Crown shall authorize an expansion of the House of Groves [upgrading the House of Groves to level 2].

3. Following the completion of the expansion of the House of Groves, the Crown shall authorize an addition to the House of Groves: The Joakim Estrid Memorial Library. The library shall be the official library of the Haute Cour, seeking to collect and preserve all documents related to it, its members, Cour proceedings, and the Dominion at large. The library shall cost 450 gold and have the following effects:
a.) +10.0% Technology Spread Rate
b.) +5 Scholar opinion
c.) Characters seeking to take an Imperial Exam get special one-time Study for Examinations decision that increases (or decreases) their chances of passing the exam

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 8, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and Beloved, Heavenly Empress of Daqin

Oh, I am not done. I have so much more to offer the Dominion as we enter a new, glorious age of reason. Please, listen for a moment, to hear of a most wondrous Directive: The Crown should commission the most learned member of the Cour to write a book on the Adventures of the Gilded Goose, to ensure that stories of their feats survive beyond us.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 8, 2020

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Prince Ogier is still absent from the Cour, presumably occupied with his ongoing war. Another House Blaiddyd scribe steps up to the dais in his stead.

The Architects of Paradise cosign the forced policy submitted by the Friendly Association Against Yurpean and Mongolian Aggression. [E: and also cosign the further edit to add a post of Inspector-General]

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 8, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and the Beloved, Heavenly Empress of Daqin and the Outlying Territories Called by Some "Germania"

In our continuing efforts to fuse the East and the West, I must insist we also take on a new venture. A glorious one at that! You will all be impressed!

Directive: The Dominion of Jerusalem shall host an athletic competition, reviving the Olympic games of old, and host it near the city of Athens.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and Beloved Empress of Daqin

People say to me that my official portrait is outdated. But it is not! I am a vision of youth, a representation of the culture that flows through Jerusalem itself! I have never felt better in all my life.

Oh, can't you hear the angels sing? I did not know they existed before I assumed my rightful place as empress, did not think they could co-exist with Tao, but, oh, how wondrous they are!

They speak to me now about how to bring Jerusalem to greatness. They tell me of how we might better serve my husband—the new Son of Heaven—and my children, who will lead the Middle Kingdom to a new age of prosperity.

Here is the forced policy which will advance us toward civilized thought:

1. The Empire shall institute Imperial Examinations to promote the expertise of those in service of the Dominion. Nobles from across the Empire shall be eligible to take exams denoting proficiency in their preferred skillset to better serve the Dominion (those being diplomacy, martial, stewardship, intrigue, and learning) [taken from this submod of AtE].

2. Within the next 10 years, the Crown shall authorize an expansion of the House of Groves [upgrading the House of Groves to level 2].

3. Following the completion of the expansion of the House of Groves, the Crown shall authorize an addition to the House of Groves: The Joakim Estrid Memorial Library. The library shall be the official library of the Haute Cour, seeking to collect and preserve all documents related to it, its members, Cour proceedings, and the Dominion at large. The library shall cost 450 gold and have the following effects:
a.) +10.0% Technology Spread Rate
b.) +5 Scholar opinion
c.) Characters seeking to take an Imperial Exam get special one-time Study for Examinations decision that increases (or decreases) their chances of passing the exam

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and the Beloved, Heavenly Empress of Daqin and the Outlying Territories Called by Some "Germania"

Noting that clause 3 will take more than 30 years to pass, AoP and my faction have revised the bill. We will try to construct this library again when feasible.

In the meanwhile, here is the forced policy:

2. Within the next 10 years, the Crown shall authorize an expansion of the House of Groves [upgrading the House of Groves to level 2] in preparation for construction of a library.

3. The Crown shall create an honorary title, the Zongjian (总监 or Inspector-General), whose responsibility it shall be to proctor and administer the imperial examinations. They shall also be charged with deterring cheating and investigating allegations of it.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 8, 2020

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

THE EMPEROR makes his pronouncements. I take my residence with peace and happiness. I seek the welfare of the people of Jerusalem, and I will permit the tyranny of evil men and the possessed by demons to reign no more.

My imperial prerogatives as follows:
Any plots to assassinate my vassals must end.

Any individuals that wishes to convert to Zoroastrianism, as stated in any posts in this session, may do so.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Directive: It is proposed that Hamelin Childe be sent to the desert, under guard, and be forced to dig a hole for the rest of his days. Furthermore, the County of Hebron will be revoked from Hamelin and returned to the head of the Carpanel family.

this is a combined directive of Rale's and mine that was okayed by Hashim to replace the two separate ones.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 8, 2020

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Have you seen the state of the city of Jerusalem recently? It's falling apart! Those children did not take care of the House of Groves, no they didn't. And the fact is, neither have we. Jerusalem should be the jewel of the world, but it pales in comparison to the cities of Yurp and Cathay. And half of them are in ruins! So let's ren- rinov- fix it up, okay?"

The princess quietly hands the bill off to a scribe to read. It's not that she'd stumble over the words, you see, she just has more important things to do.

quote:

The Jerusalem Renovation Bill
The Emperor will spend at least 2000 gold constructing and upgrading buildings in the duchy of Jerusalem over the next ten years, at the rate of roughly 200 gold per year, starting with the keep of Mirabel. The expenditure will pause if the Dominion is attacked by an enemy with at least 50% of our levies, or if the treasury falls below 500 gold.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Oh, and I hear our scholars have been thinking of some very smart plans for that construction, so let's increase our Cities and Temples technology."

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The princess stands at the podium silently for a few moments. Is she finished? Oh, no, she's just forgotten what to say next. "Oh yes! Right. We currently have no trade master, which is a shame, so let us appoint Aziz Andirsun to the position of Trade Master."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Currently, the nobility of Jerusalem is a hodge-podge of king-tier and Prince-tier titles. Ideally there would be no kings among us save the Jerusalem crown in the Emperor-Preferent's hands. However, the thrones of Armenia, Al-Jazira, Indus and the Horn of India are occupied, while those of Syria, Arabia, Greece, Yemen and Mesopotamia are fallow. We do not wish to limit participation in the Cour from the established princes of these realms that would be subject to a raised king, so let us instead introduce the dignity of Protector, a titular title for each of the regions without a King and a duty which our current kings may choose to accept.

Thus, I present the Protectorate Act:

Each region without a crowned monarch is to be assigned a Protector from among the Princely lords in the region, a titular title with equal dignity to a King beneath the Emperor-Preferent.

Each King may at their discretion exchange their crown for a Protector title, to restore the equality of the Princes beneath them.

Where applicable, this be used as appeasement for those currently leading factions.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and the Beloved, Heavenly EMPRESS of Daqin and the Outlying Territories Called by Some "Germania", DEFENDER of the Han People

My esteemed colleagues,

I am awash in glory. I feel the dawning of a new age.

Please support my policy below, for it is the only way to keep us secure against encroaching malign influence.

False China Subversion and Termination Policy

1. For the next 10 years, the Crown send spies to the court of the so-called Son of Heaven [Send concubines, eunuchs, and commanders] who will work to subvert the operations of the untrue China from within;

2. The Crown to undermine the False China's military capacity by depriving it of military leaders [request strategists and siege engineers]; and

3. The Crown to seek to establish relations with Jerusalem's faithful servant Salahaddin ibn Rasul to aid him in his righteous quest to destroy the false empire.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 8, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Bernart, The Jester, performs a very dirty interpretive dance. Even so, everyone understands what is was he was proposing.

Move Noble Obligations towards Levy Focused.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 8, 2020

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Khudayar Shabibid, Zoroastrian patrician of the Cyprus republic, makes his way to the podium.
My fellow Cour members. I must confess, my heart goes out to this young man, Hamelin Childé. I feel obligated to extend my hand in peace to this man, as Ahura Mazda extends his divine light to us. After all, aren't we all called to do good works and deeds in this life?

Directive to adopt Hamelin into the Shabibid family, to work in the carpet warehouse and hopefully see the fire of Ahura Mazda. Oh, And give back the county of Hebron to their ancestral owner I guess

[Read: make him my dynasty and put him in my court]

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
The assembly is no longer taking PROPOSALS, and is now open to VOTING.

If you're CHANGING your votes, please do so by making a NEW post.

Latest vote tally - Click HERE.

:siren:Proposed Policies:siren:

We Didn't Start the Fire, It Was Always Burning - The Flame Eternal -

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

1. Declare a holy war for the duchy of Fars within the next 10 years, unless we are already in a defensive war, or have a large dangerous faction (+75% power). We may use mercenaries as necessary. The Duchy of Fars shall be awarded to the Family of Ahriman.

2. After our victory, we shall throw a Light's of the World Festival, celebrating and informing us of all the various religions and cultures that make up our land and those that surround us.

3. If we have full levies, no dangerous factions (+75%), less than 50 threat, have no truce with the target, and the combined forces of our enemies equal less than our total troops, including mercs, we shall declare a holy war for the duchy of Jibal. First claim for the duchy will strictly follow the rules of the new APA.

We hope our associated see the wisdom in this bill, and the wisdom in finally freeing lost Persia from the chaos of the Mongols. We lost our once great heartland in Egypt, but Jerusalem endures, and we shall find ever greener pastures!

Support —

Opposition —

The Jerusalem Renovation Bill - A Gilded Tomorrow -

megane posted:

- The Emperor will spend at least 2000 gold constructing and upgrading buildings in the duchy of Jerusalem over the next ten years, at the rate of roughly 200 gold per year, starting with the keep of Mirabel.

-The expenditure will pause if the Dominion is attacked by an enemy with at least 50% of our levies, or if the treasury falls below 500 gold.

Support —

Opposition —

The Protectorate Act - Architects of Paradise -

AJ_Impy posted:

- Each region without a crowned monarch is to be assigned a Protector from among the Princely lords in the region, a titular title with equal dignity to a King beneath the Emperor-Preferent.

- Each King may at their discretion exchange their crown for a Protector title, to restore the equality of the Princes beneath them.

- Where applicable, this be used as appeasement for those currently leading factions.

Support —

Opposition —

False China Subversion and Termination Policy - FAAYMA -

QuoProQuid posted:

1. For the next 10 years, the Crown send spies to the court of the so-called Son of Heaven [Send concubines, eunuchs, and commanders] who will work to subvert the operations of the untrue China from within;

2. The Crown to undermine the False China's military capacity by depriving it of military leaders [request strategists and siege engineers]; and

3. The Crown to seek to establish relations with Jerusalem's faithful servant Salahaddin ibn Rasul to aid him in his righteous quest to destroy the false empire.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Laws:siren:

Shift Noble Obligations to Levy Focused - The Flame Eternal -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Move Noble Obligations towards Levy Focused.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Directives:siren:

Advance Melee Techniques technology -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Training is how it's done, and our own troops could use some training, that is why I propose We increase our Melee Techniques (tech).

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Despite not being in the correct court Bernart Thermidor would like to be made Court Jester, wether he getes the title or not, He would like to have a Grand Performance for the Emperor and some of the other Realm Lords we are closest in relations to. He assures this will be the performance of a lifetime. Even so, He will happily perform it again if requested in the future.

Aye —

Nay —

Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I propose that the positions of Doge Ahdid and Queen Denise be switched, so that queen Denise is the Steward and Doge Adhid is the Spymaster.

Aye —

Nay —

Sentence Hamelin Childe to Exile and Labour -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

The Childe Crusader, that little rat, should be approriately punished. By directive, I propose that Hamelin Childe be sent to the desert, under guard, and be forced to dig a hole for the rest of his days. Maybe he will find water, maybe he will find precious metals and gems, and maybe he will find nothing. Just watch out for those poisonous lizards.

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Hey, were is Martim? His booze is great, he should be here more. Ain't no party like an Abrao party! I propose that Doge Martim Abrao be made Advisor in place of Gautier.

Aye —

Nay —

Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose -

QuoProQuid posted:

Please, listen for a moment, to hear of a most wondrous Directive: The Crown should commission the most learned member of the Cour to write a book on the Adventures of the Gilded Goose, to ensure that stories of their feats survive beyond us.

Aye —

Nay —

Revive the Olympics in Athens -

QuoProQuid posted:

In our continuing efforts to fuse the East and the West, I must insist we also take on a new venture. A glorious one at that! You will all be impressed!

Directive: The Dominion of Jerusalem shall host an athletic competition, reviving the Olympic games of old, and host it near the city of Athens.

Aye —

Nay —

Trial of the Childe King -

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Directive: It is proposed that Hamelin Childe be sent to the desert, under guard, and be forced to dig a hole for the rest of his days. Furthermore, the County of Hebron will be revoked from Hamelin and returned to the head of the Carpanel family.

Aye —

Nay —

Advance Cities and Temples technology -

megane posted:

"Oh, and I hear our scholars have been thinking of some very smart plans for that construction, so let's increase our Cities and Temples technology."

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master -

megane posted:

The princess stands at the podium silently for a few moments. Is she finished? Oh, no, she's just forgotten what to say next. "Oh yes! Right. We currently have no trade master, which is a shame, so let us appoint Aziz Andirsun to the position of Trade Master."

Aye —

Nay —

Mercy on the Childe King -

Gigagar posted:

Directive to adopt Hamelin into the Shabibid family, to work in the carpet warehouse and hopefully see the fire of Ahura Mazda. Oh, And give back the county of Hebron to their ancestral owner I guess

[Read: make him my dynasty and put him in my court]

Aye —

Nay —

---

Additionally, the following policy has been forced into the Recess by Architects of Paradise, FAAYMA and the Flame Eternal, as they rule as a coalition:

The Dominion Administrative Reform Act - Architects of Paradise/FAAYMA Coalition -

QuoProQuid posted:

2. Within the next 10 years, the Crown shall authorize an expansion of the House of Groves [upgrading the House of Groves to level 2] in preparation for construction of a library.

3. The Crown shall create an honorary title, the Zongjian (总监 or Inspector-General), whose responsibility it shall be to proctor and administer the imperial examinations. They shall also be charged with deterring cheating and investigating allegations of it.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lords of the Realm

Feudal Votes:
  • Kangxi - 6
  • Frionnel - 7
  • HiHo ChiRho - 7
  • Rody One Half – 5
  • Zikan - 5
  • Erwin the German - 1
  • Jossar - 4
  • Pakled - 4
  • TheFlyingLlama - 4
  • Ralepozozaxe - 6
  • AJ_Impy - 4
  • Lord Cyrahzax - 4
  • Mirdini – 4
  • Captain Mediocre - 4
  • Angstrom Gothington – 3
  • Flavius Aetass - 2
  • Xelkelvos - 2
  • Freudian - 4
  • sheep-doger - 2
  • i81icu812 - 3
  • Obliterati - 2
  • Pacho - 2
  • Yavuz - 4
  • Vinny Possum - 6
  • Hattie Masters - 4
  • megane - 4
  • QuoProQuid - 4
  • Thordain - 4
  • Clayren - 4
  • TinTower - 4
  • Technowolf - 4
  • habeasdorkus - 3
  • Flesnolk - 3
  • Zedhe Khoja - 3
  • Luhood - 3
  • Soup du Jour - 2
  • Slaan - 3
  • Gigagar - 3
  • WilliamAnderson - 3
  • mcclay - 6
  • really queer Christmas - 1
  • Shogeton - 1
  • rudecyrus - 1
  • SirPhoebos - 1
  • JT Jag - 1
  • fish and chips and dip - 1
  • Grizzwold - 1

Factions:

Mirdini posted:

Faction Tally leading of the 1290 Session

Architects of Paradise (Infrastructure, Exploration & Culture)

Leader: Prince Ogier (Mirdini)
Members: Prince-Marshal Nuri (Vinny Possum), Princess-in-Exile Ellinor (Xelkelvos), Prince Geraud (AJ_Impy), Prince Gargamel (Technowolf), Queen-Spymaster Denise (HiHoChiRho), Princess Vartouhi (Freudian), Prince Benoît (Captain Mediocre), Queen-Chancellor Beatriz II (Frionnel)
# of members/votes: 9 members, 42 votes

The Eternal Flame

Leader: Prince Robčrt (Lord Cyrahzax)
Members: Prince-in-Exile Savary (Flavius Aetass), Princess-Advisor Konstantzia (Ralepozozaxe), Patrician Shahab (Pacho), Emperor-Preferent Khuman (Kangxi), Lord Mayor Isa (Gigagar),
# of members/votes: 6 members, 23 votes

A Gilded Tomorrow (Economy/Merchantry/Innovation)

Leader: Princess Elaine (megane)
Members: Lord Mayor Aziz (WilliamAnderson), Count Onfroy (Flesnolk), Countess Benoîte (Slaan), Banebshen-Liaison Ildégarde (Rody One Half), Prince Pijoul (Thordain),
# of members/votes: 6 members, 24 votes

Friendly Association Against Yurpean and Mongolian Aggression (Sinicized Anti-Mongol/Yurpism)

Leader: Princess Yao'er (QuoProQuid),
Members: Prince-in-Exile Ghiyasaddin II (Angstrom Gothington), Grizzwold (Grizzwold), Prince Mael (TinTower),
# of members/votes: 4 members, 12 votes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Prince-in-Exile Raymond (i81icu812), Prince-in-Exile Renaud (Obliterati), Princess Sirvart (Yavuz), Count-in-Exile Sigismond (Soup du Jour), Count Mukhtar (habeasdorkus), Prince Bernard II (Jossar), Princely Grandmaster Gautier (Luhood), Captain Ebbon (VACANT), Banebshen Duihon (Zikan), Prince Oluf (TheFlyingLlama), Doge Adid (mcclay), Prince-in-Exile Renaud (sheep-dodger), Pope-Independent Uziel (Erwin the German), Prince Yoel (Hattie Masters), Count Aubry (Zedhe Khoja), Prince Gennadios (Clayren), Prince Rutger (Pakled)
# of members/votes: 17 members, 50 votes

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The Thermidor Quadrumvirate, the most unique it has been in some time, makes it way to the voting platform.

We would like to put our 6 votes towards We Didn't Start the Fire, It Was Always Burning.

As for Directives:

Advance Melee Techniques technology: AYE! "Let's get these men ripped and shipped off to war!" -Holger
Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester: AYE! Only Bernart raises his hands in approval, all while performing a very rude gesture with his hands. Holger laughs, the others do not.
Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus: AYE! Konstantzia raises her glass in approval, then takes a swig.
Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor: AYE! Holger raises a keg in approval, then organguns it.
Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose: AYE! 'The story of Great Uncle Sir Rolf Rolfez son of Rolf must be heard!" -Holger
Revive the Olympics in Athens: AYE! Bernart performs an incredible feat of gymnastics, lands in the splits, and rips a loud fart. Holger flexs behind him.
Trial of the Childe King: AYE! Parviz carresses a shovel with a knowing glare. He and Queen Denise give each other a nod.
Advance Cities and Temples technology: NAY! "Not important at this moment!" says every Thermidor.
Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: NAY! Konstantzia speaks up. "In a similar vein to Bernart here, as a vassal of a vassal, they cannot actually be given an honorary title." Bernart makes an extremely rude gesture with his fist and armpit.
Mercy on the Childe King: AYE! Parviz carresses a shovel with a knowing glare. He and Lord Mayor Isa give each other a nod.

The Thermidors finally leave, what an ordeal they have become.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 9, 2020

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

4 votes for The Protectorate Act

Directives:
Advance Melee Techniques technology: Aye
Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester: Aye
Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus: Aye
Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor: Aye
Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose: Aye
Revive the Olympics in Athens: Nay
Trial of the Childe King: Aye
Advance Cities and Temples technology: Nay
Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: Nay
Mercy on the Childe King: Nay

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Four votes for We Didn't Start the Fire.

As for Directives:

Advance Melee Techniques technology: AYE
Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester: AYE
Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus: AYE
Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor: AYE
Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose: AYE
Revive the Olympics in Athens: AYE
Trial of the Childe King: AYE
Advance Cities and Temples technology: NAY
Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: NAY
Mercy on the Childe King: AYE

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Upon learning that interpretive dance will not be on the docket, the Thermidors are making a change to their choice on one directive.

Switching to NAY! on the Olympics directive

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

7 votes for The Protectorate Act

Directives:
Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester: Aye
Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus: Aye

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Five votes for Jerusalem Renovation Act.

As for Directives:

Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester: Nay
Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus: AYE
Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose: nay
Trial of the Childe King: Nay
Advance Cities and Temples technology: Aye

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

4 votes for The Protectorate Act

Directives:
Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor: Nay
Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose: Nay
Revive the Olympics in Athens: Aye

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Three votes for Jerusalem Renovation

As for Directives:

Trial of the Childe King: AYE

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

THE EMPEROR VOTES.

SIX votes FOR We Didn't Start the Fire.

Directives:

Revive the Olympics in Athens: NAY
Trial of the Childe King: NAY
Advance Cities and Temples technology: AYE
Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: AYE

Should the protectorate act pass, I will specify who will be the protectorate-kings; I will say this in a separate post later today.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Yao'er of House d'Cathay, PRINCEPS of Hellas and the Beloved, Heavenly EMPRESS of Daqin and the Outlying Territories Called by Some "Germania", DEFENDER of the Han People

Four votes for the False China Subversion and Termination Policy.

For Directives:

Advance Melee Techniques technology: AYE!
Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester: AYE!
Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus: NAY!
Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor: NAY!
Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose: AYE!
Revive the Olympics in Athens: AYE!
Trial of the Childe King: NAY! This seems needlessly cruel.
Advance Cities and Temples technology: NAY!
Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: NAY!
Mercy on the Childe King: AYE!

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Khudayar Shabibid, representing the Shabibid Family this session, casts three votes for We Didn't Start the Fire.

As for Directives:

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

4 vote for increase noble levy obligations

Revive the Olympics in Athens: Aye

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Elaine, Princess of Hadramut and Oman

"House Cynwrig will put its four votes towards the Jerusalem Renovation Bill, naturally."

Directives:
Advance Melee Techniques technology: Nay
Trial of the Childe King: Abstain
Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: Aye
Mercy on the Childe King: Abstain

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Hashim, could I please have a list of all the king-level titles that would receive protectorates? If this bill passes, I'd like to be prepared ahead of time. Thanks.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Marzoban Mukhtar al-Asqalan of Acre

With my cousin still under the Bogomil yoke, it has, alas, fallen to me as head of the cadet branch of Akka to represent my family's interests in the Haute Cour. May Asqalan be swiftly returned to us! In the meantime, I place three votes in favor of the False China Subversion and Termination Policy.

Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus: NAY
Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor: NAY

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

House Mersir puts four votes in support of the Jerusalem Renovation Bill

Directives:
Advance Melee Techniques technology: Nay
Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: Aye
Mercy on the Childe King: Aye

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

I don't like being here longer than I have to be. So I place my four votes for the False China Subversion Policy, and for the directives as thus.

• Advance Melee Techniques technology: Aye.
  • Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester: Aye.
  • Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus: Aye.
  • Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor: Aye.
  • Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose: Aye.
  • Revive the Olympics in Athens: Aye.
  • Trial of the Childe King: Nay.
  • Advance Cities and Temples technology: Aye.
  • Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: Aye.
  • Mercy on the Childe King: Aye.

See you in ten years, fuckers.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Queen Beatriz II of Armenia, Countess Aldara of Az-Zarqa, Doge Martim of the Řresund Republic

: Sending the boy to dig a hole in the desert for the rest of his days, under guard? What a waste of the guard! The boy must be brought for interrogation. It's the only way to prove that the whole crusade was (as I have long suspected) an inside job! More about this in my upcoming book.
: 4 Votes for the Jerusalem Renovation Bill, 3 Votes for The Protectorate Act. It's good to be in Jerusalem again. The Festival of Fortune was simply wonderful! And hello, Emperor Khuman. A private meeting later tonight, perhaps?
: I hear i lost my position as Trade Master? Bollocks. The news come late when you live a continent away. Oh well, thankfully i have my good friends and trade partners the Thermidors acting on my behalf! Oy Thermidors! let's have a few pints after the politics, alright? You know what? As Advisor, i advise the whole Cour to come with us! HAHA!

Directives:
Aye on Advance Melee Techniques technology
Abstain on Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester
Abstain on Switch Council Positions of Doge Adhid of Red Sea Republic and Queen Denise of the Indus
Aye on Appoint Doge Martim of Oresund Republic as Advisor
Aye on Commission the Adventures of the Gilded Goose
Aye on Revive the Olympics in Athens
Nay on Trial of the Childe King
Aye on Advance Cities and Temples technology
Abstain on Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master
Nay on Mercy on the Childe King

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

3 votes FOR We Didn't Start the Fire.

Directives:

Advance Cities and Temples technology: AYE
Appoint Lord Aziz Andirsun of Medina as Trade Master: AYE

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Bit late, but session is closed!:siren:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Kangxi posted:

Hashim, could I please have a list of all the king-level titles that would receive protectorates? If this bill passes, I'd like to be prepared ahead of time. Thanks.

Yep - it's Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Greece, and I suppose the 2 provinces we have in Italy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

Hashim posted:

Yep - it's Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Greece, and I suppose the 2 provinces we have in Italy

In that case, my decision is clear.

For Syria: Robčrt of House Toulouse, PRINCE of Tripoli (Lord Cyrahzax)

For Iraq: Konstantzia of House Egge-Thermidor, PRINCESS of Baghdad (Ralepozozaxe)

For Yemen: Elaine of House Cynwrig, PRINCESS of Hadhramaut and Oman (megane)

For Greece: Mael of House Radnor, PRINCE of Cephalonia (TinTower)

(OOC: The Discord says we have a tie for directives; I've made my decision to clear up that tie but I'll post in it after we have the official count posted in thread.)