Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
By the by, Ghost Rider's Judgement power got retagged as melee with an attendant boost in damage. Maxed out it was doing comparable damage to other slow single target beaters like Brickyard Headbutt, but with nice range and decent splash size on top of the healing effect. If you like a Chains/Khonshu build, then it will slot right in as a bosskiller. Shifting to all chains makes ACCC a much better option, and stacking the Khonshu and Chains Ablaze damage buffs means gigantic Judgement crits. Whirling Chains and Chain Snare are as good as ever, so trash clearing won't be an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I was trying a SG tactical strike commander build:

Acorn artillery
DFTT
Squirrelpocalypse
Squirrel Cunning
Squirrel Friends
Hulkbuster Squirrels

1pointers:
Sic Em
SSF point dump
Squirrel distraction

You're really just directing all the damage all over the place and it has a great skelemancer vibe to it. It's not optimal but very few builds allow you put ride of the valkyries on repeat and that makes up for it completely.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mover posted:

I wish they'd focus team-ups more on the really fun characters that would never be feasible as playable characters but you'd still want to adventure with-- Kosmo the space dog, Fat Cobra, or the Warriors Three (as a single team up character!), more than "support role" people like Clea.

That being said, definitely picking up Beta Ray Bill when he comes out.

That's likely what the plan is for the long run. Right now with the exception of Firestar/Falcon/Wasp, the advance pack consists of NPC's who have already been modeled, are in the game and approved by Marvel. It's a good plan in order to beef up the roster and give people some choices for the time being.

I fully expect characters like Kosmo the Space Dog, Howard the Duck, Pepper Potts and Kitty Pryde in the future.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'd hope Shadowcat makes it in as a playable character before she makes it in as a team-up. Also, Jubilee.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
You can't sign in to enter codes or manage your profile when you're banned :negative: well played Gaz

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Soothing Vapors posted:

You can't sign in to enter codes or manage your profile when you're banned :negative: well played Gaz

I can definitely do this. Try a different browser or something? You're not trying to sign in on the forums, right?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'd hope Shadowcat makes it in as a playable character before she makes it in as a team-up. Also, Jubilee.

If I don't get Lockheed as a team-up, I will cancel my subscription.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I can definitely do this. Try a different browser or something? You're not trying to sign in on the forums, right?

...yep, I must have been. :downs: Thanks Kelp!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons, pay attention to this. REALLY PAY ATTENTION:

quote:

Known Issues

When first logging into the game, some boosts may tick down in the initial hub. By region changing to any region a single time, they will cease ticking down. This will be fixed in next week's patch.

Don't lose your boosts because you did not know.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What boosts does this concern? Does it mean when I drink a potion? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hopper posted:

What boosts does this concern? Does it mean when I drink a potion? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

All. So XP, RIF and SIF related for your main ones.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo Kelp!

Since Beta Ray Bill + Beta Ray Bill = Beta Ray Bill + Thor, they are now making Spiderman + Spiderman = Spiderman + Scarlet Spider.

HOW ABOUT THAT?

Also, apparently this is now a brand requirement from Marvel so every teamup that has a playable equivalent will get an alternate costume.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Eiffel On You posted:

Newbie goons, use this code for a free retcon. It allows infinite respecs:

Redeem at marvelheroes.com:

InfiniteRetconWeek

It allows infinite respecs this week, anyway.

Also the code works for everyone, not just newbies, so you all may as well grab your freebie.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I wonder if you could trick it by summoning Bill and then putting on the costume.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I think I might stick a point in Dive Bomb just as a pseudo-movement power. I didn't play with it much on Test but this looks excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEI9R4UssHs

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Why is Death From The Trees commonly abbreviated DFFT on the last page?

Also: Are the SG review items live today? I've been holding off on playing her because they weren't out yet.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Soothing Vapors posted:

I think I might stick a point in Dive Bomb just as a pseudo-movement power. I didn't play with it much on Test but this looks excellent.

hahaha, she gets stuck on geometry just like other teleporters. OK I think I am gonna have to buy her now that she basically has a teleport.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Soothing Vapors posted:

Finally.

And her roll is super fast, this is great stuff.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Toshimo posted:

Yo Kelp!

Since Beta Ray Bill + Beta Ray Bill = Beta Ray Bill + Thor, they are now making Spiderman + Spiderman = Spiderman + Scarlet Spider.

HOW ABOUT THAT?

Also, apparently this is now a brand requirement from Marvel so every teamup that has a playable equivalent will get an alternate costume.

It's fine to have 5 Spider-Mans in a party but God Forbid solo Spider-Man team-up with himself, that would break continuity. IP-holders are weird.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

bonds0097 posted:

It's fine to have 5 Spider-Mans in a party but God Forbid solo Spider-Man team-up with himself, that would break continuity. IP-holders are weird.

God dammit I love teaming up spidey with spidey. I had better hit 60 so we can do a 10 spider man xdef before this poo poo comes to pass

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Eiffel On You posted:

This just means to use a waypoint when you log in, right? It's not some weird 'region' thing like NA/EU or something I'm not aware of?

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

WarLocke posted:

This just means to use a waypoint when you log in, right? It's not some weird 'region' thing like NA/EU or something I'm not aware of?

Yeah, just port from whichever hub you're in to a different hub.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Lechtansi posted:

God dammit I love teaming up spidey with spidey. I had better hit 60 so we can do a 10 spider man xdef before this poo poo comes to pass

This is especially hilarious when you consider that the next big Spidey event is literally a 'All the Spidermans EVAR!' team-up/event of some sort.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
I think I've got 4 of them, so if you hunt me down online I'll be glad to give you one. User name same as here. I haven't gotten around to asking into the SG yet but I will be on today whenever Steam decides to get the patch.

Soothing Vapors posted:

They roll like 300-550 energy damage now. I just vendored a shitload and I hate everything.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
So I was on the test server loving around with some poo poo, and I was testing Cage finishers. I have to confess to following build guides and have used Dempsey Roll exclusively so far on Live. Can anyone tell me if the 100% bonus damage from using four combo points always applied to the elbow drop part? The tooltip reads like this:

Physical damage: (x)-(y) per hit
Deals 25% extra damage per combo point spent
Elbow Drop Physical damage: (z)-(a)

which would lead me to believe the 100% bonus would only apply to the two punches, especially since you only get the elbow drop at 4 combo points anyway. On test, however, the elbow drop damage was doubled. Adding up the max possible damage from a level 40 Dempsey Roll assuming no crits or brutals gave me a possible total of 353934 damage, whereas a level 32 Cage Fighting would give me 353472 damage assuming both the punches had their damage multiplied but not the elbow drop, which would make the finishers very close in line with each other. However, with the elbow drop being multiplied as well, Cage Fighting does a hell of a lot more damage, to the tune of a 471296 unmodified total damage roll, and I'm dropping 800k elbow drops in there. Is that normal/expected? If so, then Cage Fighting seems to be the top DPS option by a mile now.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I'm getting a message when I try to log in that I need to download the latest patch to connect to the server, but steam doesn't seem to detect anything. Any way to force an update?

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Dempsey Roll has the bonus of having multiple hits getting the +942 damage rating from your Konshu relic and having by far the best Finisher Passive bonus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LordHippoman posted:

I'm getting a message when I try to log in that I need to download the latest patch to connect to the server, but steam doesn't seem to detect anything. Any way to force an update?

Are you on Steam?

Close Steam, then try to launch MH. It should detect it then. If not you'll have to verify local cache.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I have a Wolverine question I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered. He has a proc on a unique so that any time an ally dies he gets 5 seconds of unlimited fury. It's great if you have ngarai demons or someone manages to kill the sabretooth summon, but I was testing things out trying to get it more often so in my 40's I equipped a level 25 sinister medallion hoping the weak clones would die quick and gimmie that sweet sweet fury. But no go, they'd get killed but it doesn't count as a summon the way others do I guess, or is that a glitch?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm still going to use Cage Fighting even if it's inferior because of MACHO MADNESSS FLYING ELBOW FROM THE TOP TURNBUCKLE OOoooooohhh yeeeeeeea *neck veins*

davebo posted:

I have a Wolverine question I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered. He has a proc on a unique so that any time an ally dies he gets 5 seconds of unlimited fury. It's great if you have ngarai demons or someone manages to kill the sabretooth summon, but I was testing things out trying to get it more often so in my 40's I equipped a level 25 sinister medallion hoping the weak clones would die quick and gimmie that sweet sweet fury. But no go, they'd get killed but it doesn't count as a summon the way others do I guess, or is that a glitch?

I'm not sure which way they're leaning with that item, it also doesn't work with the passive Magik summons and tiny Groots from my experience so the fact that it works with the demons/Sabretooth is probably going to end up being the glitched part that gets fixed.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 25, 2014

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

So I was on the test server loving around with some poo poo, and I was testing Cage finishers. I have to confess to following build guides and have used Dempsey Roll exclusively so far on Live. Can anyone tell me if the 100% bonus damage from using four combo points always applied to the elbow drop part? The tooltip reads like this:

Physical damage: (x)-(y) per hit
Deals 25% extra damage per combo point spent
Elbow Drop Physical damage: (z)-(a)

which would lead me to believe the 100% bonus would only apply to the two punches, especially since you only get the elbow drop at 4 combo points anyway. On test, however, the elbow drop damage was doubled. Adding up the max possible damage from a level 40 Dempsey Roll assuming no crits or brutals gave me a possible total of 353934 damage, whereas a level 32 Cage Fighting would give me 353472 damage assuming both the punches had their damage multiplied but not the elbow drop, which would make the finishers very close in line with each other. However, with the elbow drop being multiplied as well, Cage Fighting does a hell of a lot more damage, to the tune of a 471296 unmodified total damage roll, and I'm dropping 800k elbow drops in there. Is that normal/expected? If so, then Cage Fighting seems to be the top DPS option by a mile now.

Yeah, this is something I was waiting on to post with the new build and why I didn't post Luke's newest and best stuff until this was released.

Dempsey Roll took a huge hit this patch and Cage Fighting is much stronger. I have them both at LVL 40 on Test and can prove that Cage Fighting has a TTK of roughly 14-17 seconds depending on how the hits go, while Dempsey Roll is averaging 20-24 seconds on the LVL 60 Boss.

Spec out of Dempsey Roll and into Cage Fighting goon friends.

Edit: Also, Luke Cage's pets ARE fixed. You can finally roll with a pet and get the aura. It only took like 6 months to fix, no big deal.

ICR fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 25, 2014

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Are you on Steam?

Close Steam, then try to launch MH. It should detect it then. If not you'll have to verify local cache.

Same issue, closing steam and launching desktop link of Marvel did not help...verifying now.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Hopper posted:

Same issue, closing steam and launching desktop link of Marvel did not help...verifying now.

Pretty sure you just have to wait it out, or download the regular game client.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It is also possible the patch is not on Steam yet. That has happened before with quick downtime.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Are boss-specific drops like HoD a one-chance-per-day thing? No idea where I got that idea if not, but I don't want to waste time farming stuff. And what are this week's theories on whether it's SIF or RIF that affects artifacts?

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Sounds like Hulk got some buffs from the power tuning section of the patch notes.

Hulk: 15 increased, 0 decreased - total average increase: +104% damage
Earthquake Leap +72%
Hulk Ground Smash +68%

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Ellaybee posted:

Are boss-specific drops like HoD a one-chance-per-day thing? No idea where I got that idea if not, but I don't want to waste time farming stuff. And what are this week's theories on whether it's SIF or RIF that affects artifacts?

They are rare. You might get one in your third run or you can run it 200 times and not see one.

All I know is that when I had like 1300% SIF after booning (and no RIF, it bugged out somehow) I got like 4 artifacts every wave of X-def.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

HUMAN FISH posted:

They are rare. You might get one in your third run or you can run it 1000 times and not see one.

ftfy

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a little confused about how BOGO works: people say it affects heroes you buy with cash, but from what store? Do you just mean I need to spend G's, not splinters, so if I have G's in my account from any source (steam wallet purchase) then I'll get the a hero token with any hero purchase? I suppose I then buy them in game from the Store (X)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

* Known Issues

* When first logging into the game, some boosts may tick down in the initial hub. By region changing to any region a single time, they will cease ticking down. This will be fixed in next week's patch.

See this? Yeah, that's wrong.

BOOSTS START TO TICK DOWN EVERY TIME YOU SWITCH CHARACTERS!

So, you have 2 options:

1) Don't switch characters until they fix this.
2) Every time you switch characters, zone to a new Hub.

:gaz:

• Locked thread