Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Rhyno posted:

That's a lot of G2 Superion.

When there's no Big Metamorphing Dudicus to be found...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Captain Invictus posted:

Put a bunch of dudes in Detolfs. I thought I'd use the one large area for KOOS DOTM Megatron, and had him sit indian-style in there, and he fit perfectly. :v: The Combiner Wars gestalts fit fairly well when not standing on the top step of the tiered shelves, or can be stepping down to the next one and fit perfectly.

Sorry for the crappy photo. Also, I just noticed that loving Chinese Children's Day, or whatever it is, white plastic robot fell over and so did Rattrap, goddammit. Those guys are super unstable. I'll probably just get rid of them, or at least prop Rattrap up with something.

Not sure what to put in the bottom one, might just fill it with uncombined Combiner Wars dudes.

I have those same risers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I have those same risers.

Same. They work great in detolfs. Wish I could find something the same size but clear.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Same. They work great in detolfs. Wish I could find something the same size but clear.

They're not stair-risers, but when I got my detolfs, I also got these clear bathroom box thingies from ikea and used them for displays. I forget what they're called because it's some weird Swedish word like every ikea product.

I'm a little too lazy to dig up pictures of my displays and they aren't up right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a bunch of clear risers but they're badly made and not very level so I went with the spice stairs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Double posting for GOD and SCIENCE

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That Mechagodzilla is pretty sick

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

:stwoon::stwoon::stwoon:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if those feet stabilizers are superfluous homages or if they brought back the walking gimmick

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Yanno what, I don't like it. I was hoping they would improve it from the original somehow, and if it's got the same gimmicks as the original which would greatly reduce its poseability, then no thanks

I'm hoping it's just poorly posed and photographed.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Tighclops posted:

I wonder if those feet stabilizers are superfluous homages or if they brought back the walking gimmick

No electronics

Once you see it next to the original you'll be in shock

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They didn't include Fort Max's G1 gimmicks so why would they bother putting them on trypticon?

Looks nice but don't know if I need him yet.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Yanno what, I don't like it. I was hoping they would improve it from the original somehow, and if it's got the same gimmicks as the original which would greatly reduce its poseability, then no thanks

Yeah for me if he's a brick it seriously defeats the purpose of making a new version of a G1 character, however

Deceptive Thinker posted:

No electronics

This has me intrigued, maybe they've somehow made it manual, or a wind up mechanism like those robo-strux things I vaguely remember from the 90s?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Plot twist: he's 4 feet tall

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Plot twist: he's 4 feet tall

The leg reveal from a few months back is probably enough for people to figure out the size

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Judging by the screwholes, he looks like he'll be significantly shorter than Metroplex/FortMax.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oh shiiiiiiittttt. I'm gonna need to work a TON of overtime for him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Higher res:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Diet Poison posted:

Ha, remember which robot it was? Sounds like 3rd party to me.

GCreations' IDW Optimus, which is indeed a giant panel nightmare.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

No electronics

I'm thinking the original comes up to about his knee.

The_Doctor posted:

Judging by the screwholes, he looks like he'll be significantly shorter than Metroplex/FortMax.

Nah, he's about 2 1/2 Leaders tall, judging by the previous leg shot. The height difference will be negligible.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I can't tell if I'm in love or indifferent. Will have to see some more shots of it I guess.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

As a gigantic Trypticon mark, he's an instant buy, of course, but the greebling is kind of extreme and there's something a tad..."off" about the proportions. Might just be the photo.

I'm interested to see what Takara's take on it will be. And what the thing DT teased months ago about what the head does is.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Sockser posted:

I can't tell if I'm in love or indifferent. Will have to see some more shots of it I guess.

I hope once people see the new gimmick (which I hinted at back during the vote) they'll be in love

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Nah, he's about 2 1/2 Leaders tall, judging by the previous leg shot. The height difference will be negligible.

Oh ha, I'm way off base!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It all depends on his articulation for me. He doesn't look like his arms or legs have great articulation but maybe the hips pop out a bit to give him better leg atticulation.

The one thing I notice more than anything is that he's missing the wheels on his tail, which means that's probably due to the alluded new gimmick.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

The one thing I notice more than anything is that he's missing the wheels on his tail, which means that's probably due to the alluded new gimmick.

Before you guys go off on a wild tangent, the gimmick has nothing to do with walking.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

It all depends on his articulation for me. He doesn't look like his arms or legs have great articulation but maybe the hips pop out a bit to give him better leg atticulation.

Well, the prototype leg there looks like it even has ankle tilts.

I'm betting the greebling (that means the surface detail doesn't it? Is that a lego term?) looks a bit off because it's a 3d render of a really big figure. Besides,

Captain Invictus posted:

c'mon it's Hasbro.

I'm really lovin it so far. If I can, I'm getting it for sure.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Literally just went AAAAAAAAAAAA and scared my dog. I don't care. He's amazing. Trypticon as a kid was my loving JAM and I'm thrilled as hell he's being brought back.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
his new gimmick theorycrafting time

I predict...he TRANSFORMS INTO SCORPONOK

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

c'mon it's Hasbro.
If there was a toyfair display photographed with human feces stuck under the glass that was also on fire, would any of us truly be surprised?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

his new gimmick theorycrafting time

I predict...he TRANSFORMS INTO SCORPONOK

I bet Scorponok will be a heavy retool of him somehow, so I'd say you're not wrong.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I highly doubt I will buy him but I am happy he exists.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what poses does a giant robot godzilla need to MAKE exactly?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Iron Man pose, Superman descends like jesus pose, Duckman pose

The latter especially would be a huge addition

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This robot man looks perfectly fine standing ramrod straight with his arms straight down, why would he need to be able to pose dynamically?

Edit: duckman, now that's a fuckin' pull

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm saying Trypticon was never a character for standing dynamically so much as looming ominously and stomping around.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Adhere only to the old designs and never change or improve.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm saying Trypticon was never a character for standing dynamically so much as looming ominously and stomping around.
And I'm saying if he had motorized pelvic thrusts ominously in Metroplex direction he would be far more threatening

This is two "not muh..." arguments for you in one day buddy! You need to open your mind

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm just trying to wrap my head around it more than anything.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

TFRazorsaw posted:

I would at least hope that it can turn it's head, have basic hip/shoulder tilts and swivels so it can at least make some type of pose that can make it look menacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

Iron Man pose, Superman descends like jesus pose, Duckman pose

The latter especially would be a huge addition

I watched plenty of duckman but can't remember what that's supposed to look like.