Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A talking coyote posted:

Jeff Hardy owns and I’m looking forward to him and Matt killing each other in AEW.

I may be thinking of a different brother duo, but haven't all the Matt and Jeff singles matches been super lovely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd laugh if WWE assumed Jeff had fallen off the wagon because he told them the booking sucked.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'd laugh if WWE assumed Jeff had fallen off the wagon because he told them the booking sucked.

He told them he couldn’t stand being surrounded by boos

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Outstanding

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

That DICK! posted:

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

Gonzo McFee posted:

He pitched the spinning ring match. Even WWE has limits.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SG Bamboo posted:

I may be thinking of a different brother duo, but haven't all the Matt and Jeff singles matches been super lovely?

one of them was the original hardy compound match which is an eternal classic, so

(i cant remember any of their "normal" 1 on 1s so i couldnt really say, i also wasnt really watching then)

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

SG Bamboo posted:

.....did you not watch The Final Deletion? A game changing classic.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

stab posted:

.....did you not watch The Final Deletion? A game changing classic.

Of course not, nobody watches TNA.

After a bit of research, I was thinking of their Wrestlemania match that happened after Matt burned down Jeff's house and killed his dog. That match was bafflingly bad considering how familiar those guys are with each other

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Their TNA Hardy Compound stuff was delightful

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Many people watched the Hardy compound stuff.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I didn’t.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

iirc the mania match was bad, but they had a follow up stretcher match on smackdown in April that was really good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NienNunb posted:

Many people watched the Hardy compound stuff.

More and more people are saying this

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hirez posted:

you can't convince me that isn't AJ Styles

I'm pretty sure it's Daniel Bryan.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1469441097319522316

computer, zoom in closer on the center of the image and enhance

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oof

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

always the best timing

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SG Bamboo posted:

Of course not, nobody watches TNA.

After a bit of research, I was thinking of their Wrestlemania match that happened after Matt burned down Jeff's house and killed his dog. That match was bafflingly bad considering how familiar those guys are with each other

Broken Matt and Brother Nero actually caused a ton of new or lapsed eyes to watch TNA or it’s YouTube. People still do the “delete” chant in various feds. Hell I still remember Vanguard 1, HMS Skaarsgard and King Maxel just off the top of my head. I watched TNA for years though and it, like WWE, was often about finding the golden nugget in a wheelbarrow of poop. For every X Division, Broken Matt, Professor Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett wrestling toddlers or the occasional good womens matches you had even more moments like Tito Ortiz pose, Aron Rex, Dixie Carter pregnancy, Hogan, little people spanking it in trash cans, more Dixie Carter and “my vag!” Land of contrasts. Booking was “occasionally” better than current WWE, music was about the same as current wwe but at least there was not a million camera cuts and you didn’t support genocide watching it. ROH, Japan and CHIKARA were better but alternatives were slim back in the day. Funny enough the same Dexter stalker guy had the same gimmick in TNA as he did NXT. So glad AEW is around.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol at including jeff hardy but got a bigger lmao for charlottes picture

you couldnt get an uncropped photo???? lmaooo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I mean even if it didn't have Jeff right in the center that is one ugly as gently caress shirt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Love shirts designed in MS Paint. Always top quality!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Also it’s not even the Staples center anymore it’s The Crypt now. They took the letters down last week I think?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's actually a point in the shirt's favor, the only way it'll appeal to anyone is if it's drenched in as much irony as possible

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

DogsInSpace! posted:

Broken Matt and Brother Nero actually caused a ton of new or lapsed eyes to watch TNA or it’s YouTube. People still do the “delete” chant in various feds. Hell I still remember Vanguard 1, HMS Skaarsgard and King Maxel just off the top of my head. I watched TNA for years though and it, like WWE, was often about finding the golden nugget in a wheelbarrow of poop. For every X Division, Broken Matt, Professor Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett wrestling toddlers or the occasional good womens matches you had even more moments like Tito Ortiz pose, Aron Rex, Dixie Carter pregnancy, Hogan, little people spanking it in trash cans, more Dixie Carter and “my vag!” Land of contrasts. Booking was “occasionally” better than current WWE, music was about the same as current wwe but at least there was not a million camera cuts and you didn’t support genocide watching it. ROH, Japan and CHIKARA were better but alternatives were slim back in the day. Funny enough the same Dexter stalker guy had the same gimmick in TNA as he did NXT. So glad AEW is around.

My wife, who's not a wrestling fan so much as in the room on her phone while I watch, is a HUGE Vanguard 1 fan. Like a "tell me if the drone shows up" fan when Matt first appeared in AEW. It's a little weird, but at least she found a character that resonates with her?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was being slightly facetious because loltna, but saying that the only thing I remember about their TNA stuff was "Brother Nero, I knew you'd come" at the piano and Matt riding a mower through Jeff's lawn after Jeff cutt his symbol into it. I remember nothing about the matches themselves

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
That looks like one of those targeted t-shirts

Don’t Mess
With someone born in MAY
who loves Smackdown
And HANGS OUT at the Staples Center

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Who else watching Smackdown? Roman Reigns just admitted he doesn’t own a table and relinquished the WWE Championship, he then left the arena in a limo driven by both Usos, one operating the pedals and the other steering the car, they crashed almost instantly and Roman got out and said he changed his mind and he was crowned champion again the whole arena was booing

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Is this an NFT?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

We Got Us A Bread posted:

My wife, who's not a wrestling fan so much as in the room on her phone while I watch, is a HUGE Vanguard 1 fan. Like a "tell me if the drone shows up" fan when Matt first appeared in AEW. It's a little weird, but at least she found a character that resonates with her?

How did she feel when Jericho killed it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eat My Fuc posted:

Who else watching Smackdown? Roman Reigns just admitted he doesn’t own a table and relinquished the WWE Championship, he then left the arena in a limo driven by both Usos, one operating the pedals and the other steering the car, they crashed almost instantly and Roman got out and said he changed his mind and he was crowned champion again the whole arena was booing

I... I think you're making this up. I think.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I... I think you're making this up. I think.

yeah also xia li debuted and she has Glacier's gimmick also matt riddle is friends with johnny knoxville from jackass now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010
Something goes here.
Every time I say Charlotte's moonsault can't get any worse I end up being proven wrong.

https://twitter.com/DEVrockstarr/status/1469492873477435392?t=KKCwIXgNDzTuEzFY8IbZeQ&s=19

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Every time I say Charlotte's moonsault can't get any worse I end up being proven wrong.

https://twitter.com/DEVrockstarr/status/1469492873477435392?t=KKCwIXgNDzTuEzFY8IbZeQ&s=19

That's Andrade's move (among others, i'm sure) but he, you know, actually hits it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

acknowledge him

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh and brock owns a flip phone

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Vertical Lime posted:

oh and brock owns a flip phone

The most believable part of any post on this page.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010
Something goes here.
Oh yeah. Charlotte lost by DQ when she kicked too much rear end. And then hit a big boot on Toni and "kicked dirt" onto Toni afterwards. All while commentary was talking about how this was a major win for Toni.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I had to quickly scroll through twitter to check this, because it wasn't out of the realm of possibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh yeah. Charlotte lost by DQ when she kicked too much rear end. And then hit a big boot on Toni and "kicked dirt" onto Toni afterwards. All while commentary was talking about how this was a major win for Toni.

It’s good to see you again, genuinely my posting pal