Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I just received an email from Sony inviting me to buy a PS5 on Wednesday, special link and everything. I already have one. Would a goon be interested in one? No markup. Just the cost + tax+ shipping, etc. PM me if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I knew this game wasn't going to be great but holy poo poo this is on a whole other level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIEOF-Aa1Rk

This is an absolutely incredible review.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I love Skill Up, they're the only review channel I actually pay attention to but I only ever watch them for games that I'm not sure on. They managed to sell me on Immortals last year and I loved that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i disagree with skill up a lot. i respect his opinion tho but i like a lot of games he hates and vice versa. this is not one of those situations tho the game looks as bad as he says.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I love Skill Up and agree with 99% of what he says but he wasn't impressed by Control so he's definitely wrong sometimes.

But he genuinely approaches reviewing video games better than basically everyone else in the biz.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like his two dumbass brothers' channel

or i guess his one normal brother and his dumbass brother's channel

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bust Rodd posted:

I love Skill Up and agree with 99% of what he says but he wasn't impressed by Control so he's definitely wrong sometimes.

But he genuinely approaches reviewing video games better than basically everyone else in the biz.

I've been watching his stuff from the beginning. He started out covering Division when the first game launched so his stuff was a good resource early on.

He does approach reviewing games differently so even if you disagree you can usually at least understand where he's coming from and his thought process. He's been blacklisted by several publishers so he must be doing something right.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1407113508785958913?s=20

Jason got an interview with this mysterious game director but he was still extremely cagey about a lot of details

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Friday is the big launch of his ps5 trailer app

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That poo poo is gonna break the PSN Store

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The Clank sections aren't completely awful, but they're a total momentum killer. I know you can skip them, but I don't like missing chunks of a game.

grassy gnoll posted:

Apart from turning off the triggers in general, there's a specific accessibility option that lets you just boost at max speed without the pumping thingy.

Cool, thanks.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bust Rodd posted:

I always recommend skill up to people. His reviews are structured well and he is generous to the games he's reviewing. I like that we looks for the positives in games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1407113508785958913?s=20

Jason got an interview with this mysterious game director but he was still extremely cagey about a lot of details

Why doesn't Kahraman have a webcam :question:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Did they announce if the Cyberpunk ps4 to ps5 upgrade will be free?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Did they announce if the Cyberpunk ps4 to ps5 upgrade will be free?

pretty sure that was the deal from the get go

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

my instincts were right

https://twitter.com/BBGameStudios/status/1407136151991947269?s=20

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lmao this is getting good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

what the gently caress is going on

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Gonna laugh if this is all in service of a cover-based 3rd person shooter.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Gonna laugh if it comes out the studio deliberately encouraged internet obsessives for the PR bump

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

haveblue posted:

Gonna laugh if it comes out the studio deliberately encouraged internet obsessives for the PR bump

I hope they did. It'll be a bigger marketing masterclass than biomutant.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
I agree with a lot of SkillUp's reviews but man his TloU2 review was abysmal. Not sure what happened there.

He seems to be banned from Resetera, does anyone know what that's about?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah if its fake its still really funny. not for hassan tho. he'll probably get a lot of gamer death threats.
but for me its very funny that one loser could have the entire industry waiting for his asset flip trailer to launch in its own special never before made ps5 live rendering app

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I always wondered how small streams assembled a mod team

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Violence is one of the original forms of thematic/mechanical interface in games, and the average person really wants their violence to be 'fun', to be responsive, poppy, and free from consequence. A release or catharsis, if you will. I think 2LOU vibrates against that in a way that reminds people of things in culture or human psychology that they'd rather not think about. I don't really begrudge people for having a difficult time looking at difficult things, in fact it's probably a psychological defense mechanism to have that part of you say "no, too much, too close, I'm good."

2LOU and its designers want you to see, and they want you to have a hard time of it. They very much walk a fine line, but I think ultimately succeed. Because while 2LOU's story may be told within the simplified genre context of a revenge flick, it's ultimate goal and effect within the medium is quite a bit more complex, and I imagine it's going to take people years to come to terms with what that game's design is doing underneath the hood.

And yet everyone is eagerly anticipating the multiplayer mode that will be so cool and fun to stomp on each other's heads in a never-ending cycle

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah if its fake its still really funny. not for hassan tho. he'll probably get a lot of gamer death threats.
but for me its very funny that one loser could have the entire industry waiting for his asset flip trailer to launch in its own special never before made ps5 live rendering app

Seriously my dream is there is nothing going on because the meltdown will be infinitely more entertaining than any possible Silent Hill game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

lmao i just watched that dark alliance video and holy cow i can't believe they made a worse, more uninteresting, and infinitely more disappointing version of Godfall.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Policenaut posted:

lmao i just watched that dark alliance video and holy cow i can't believe they made a worse, more uninteresting, and infinitely more disappointing version of Godfall.

I'm extremely disappointed by it. I was hoping they'd shoot for capturing the co-op fun of the original but it really looks like slop.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

And yet everyone is eagerly anticipating the multiplayer mode that will be so cool and fun to stomp on each other's heads in a never-ending cycle

I think it's fair to say that Factions will be evaluated within its own context, separate from the story of 2LOU, which is and has been concerned with a different set of provocations.

Curious if you've played 2LOU yet, Charlie, and if not, why?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's funny, this week is actually the one-year anniversary of me ending up with a copy of it which has sat uninstalled this whole time.

I'll get around to it eventually I guess, not really a priority for me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's funny, this week is actually the one-year anniversary of me ending up with a copy of it which has sat uninstalled this whole time.

I'll get around to it eventually I guess, not really a priority for me

Aight. Just curious what your take would be. :)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Dispatch from my 2LOU replay: laughed when I found myself crawling past the front half of Bear's corpse

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Barudak posted:

Seriously my dream is there is nothing going on because the meltdown will be infinitely more entertaining than any possible Silent Hill game

that guy's in for a bad time if this was all a misunderstanding

there was a segment of phantom pain fans who deluded themselves for months that the missing content would be patched in a masterstroke of meta-significance. imagine those types of brains training themselves on a single hapless man

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Barudak posted:

https://twitter.com/Campster/status/1407182722385297409

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I still don't understand what this "trailer app" people are talking about is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSdXtDjM4lI

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

as i said earlier

Rinkles posted:

I'm refraining from speculating exactly because this could end up pretty lovely for the dev if it is just some no name indie.

fandom "meltdowns" aren't funny to me anymore, cause i know they have real victims.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still don't understand what this "trailer app" people are talking about is

Bluebox games is launching a ps5 program that you will download from the store on friday which will reportedly render the trailer for hassan's game in real time on ps5 to show the power of the console directly to you, the customer of his exclusive horror game S********L (fmrly known as abandoned)

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

HampHamp posted:

He seems to be banned from Resetera, does anyone know what that's about?

That's not very difficult. It's a cesspit.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Rinkles posted:

fandom "meltdowns" aren't funny to me anymore, cause i know they have real victims.

The ruse continues.

Lingua franca!