Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

Is Yorick one of them? Because I laned against a yorick my first time and got my rear end handed to me. It was not my proudest of moments.

Just happened to me a few games ago as Nasus. Holy moly can that champion do damage and duel. His E makes knowing when you can actually kill him incredibly hard to gauge, plus you need to be able to account for escaping his ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that other part of his incredibly overpowered kit which is the insta-hit on turrets. He can drop over 1000 damage at level 14 or so on a turret in about 1.2 seconds. That's just crazy. If he ever pushes you out of lane, then you're going to lose a solid chunk of your turret every time. He'll have two more charged up by the time that he gets back into lane anyways.

RoA seems to be his most core item. He needs mana and tankyness to get out of being hard CC'd. His escape range is huge, though. I think he can dash to soldiers 1000 units away or so.

He's a day 1 buy for me.

fatal oopsie-daisy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 30, 2014

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Arrrthritis posted:

Is Yorick one of them? Because I laned against a yorick my first time and got my rear end handed to me. It was not my proudest of moments.

I laned against my first Yorick as Fiora a few weeks ago and went like 9/0 in lane.

Probably didn't help him that he rushed Liandries, though.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...-and-discussion

Soraka rework. Too radical for me to judge, honestly.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mysticblade posted:

That sounds like the most annoying champ to lane against ever.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Mysticblade posted:

An AOE silence sounds baller as gently caress. I can dig it.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Mysticblade posted:

It can't really be worse than old Soraka imo. Her new kit sounds pretty interesting.

e: The AoE silence could be really annoying if it affects the area instantly.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I got to her old E and immediately blurted "holy poo poo!" Soraka, the infamous "zero-hard-CC support," is getting an AoE root. :psyduck:

e: Also, got another Cait penta in ranked. That makes back-to-back ranked games in which I've gotten pentas. Feels good man.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 30, 2014

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
That sounds like a terrible rework. I'm kind of annoyed that they removed the mana donation thing, actually.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Arrrthritis posted:

I've played against Yorick a couple times as Pantheon and had trouble, but I felt like if I understood the matchup better it could've gone either way - both times I went dblade and did tons of damage to him with my Q, but he was able to land just as much harass on me with his skills and had a better all-in. I dunno, hopefully Servaetes can shed more light on this lane because I have no idea, I've come to much prefer Panth in the jungle, though I still play him top when I can.

In any case, Yorick is thankfully rare.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Changing an almost-all-targeted champion to one with an AoE silence/root, a skillshot damage, and a heal with a really meaningful tradeoff. I'm down.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yeah, I liked Soraka before, but this just sounds more fun to play as and against. They wanted her heals to be clutch heals, now she does that meaningfully.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Mysticblade posted:

You give her free AP based on bonus resists, but you don't want her to be a tank? What are they trying to accomplish?

And her E is one of the most "this screams tank" abilities in the game.

Like, with this sort of kit you'd want to build like Maokai or Swain, right?

I seriously don't get this rework at all.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

TheModernAmerican posted:

You give her free AP based on bonus resists, but you don't want her to be a tank? What are they trying to accomplish?

And her E is one of the most "this screams tank" abilities in the game.

Like, with this sort of kit you'd want to build like Maokai or Swain, right?

I seriously don't get this rework at all.
They want her to be tanky, they don't want her to be unkillable.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Oh, look, another two-part passive, that also gives offense based on tank stats.

Fire everyone at Riot, start from the ground up.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Looks great I just hope she's not viable in solo lanes so she can actually be a powerful support. Because if she works as a solo laner they will just bury her with nerfs again.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

misguided rage posted:

They want her to be tanky, they don't want her to be unkillable.

But they go out in the beginning and say "Her Q is a tank patterned ability, we don't want her to be a tank" then give her free offense from defense, which is a thing that champions like Braum, Rammus, and Malphite get. As far I'm aware those three are pretty much just tanks. And then a massive AOE crowd control that has no offensive scaling, which as far as I can tell is a massive tank patterned ability.

Don't get me wrong I like the ideas behind the rework, but their whole logic behind it is seriously flawed. It's based on a contradiction.

fnox
May 19, 2013

It doesn't seem that you can lane her with that kit since she can't self heal except for ult. I doubt Q will be spammable enough to be used as poke, and her E doesn't do damage, so yeah, she'll be way too vulnerable for top where basically every champion is melee and can close in and gently caress her up since they barely give a gently caress about either the silence or the root, or mid where she isn't able to out trade anybody.

The core of her oppressive laning earlier in the season was her free harass/silence and her ridiculous Q shred, plus her being able to self heal and get a brief armor steroid, all of which are gone.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Soraka can't technically suicide by casting W 10 times but she can probably walk into a golem after doing that to meet her end.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I suspect new Soraka is going to be outrageously underpowered at release.

fnox
May 19, 2013

my pog boyfriend posted:

Soraka can't technically suicide by casting W 10 times but she can probably walk into a golem after doing that to meet her end.

I don't think you can cast W on full health champs which probably means you won't be able to W 10 times in a row. Although if you can W minions you can probably just heal them as the enemy team is about to kill them then throw yourself into them or into the enemy team to feed.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

fnox posted:

Although if you can W minions you can probably just heal them as the enemy team is about to kill them then throw yourself into them or into the enemy team to feed.

10% of health to temporarily deny a CS. ~~~worth~~~

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Libertine posted:

Looks great I just hope she's not viable in solo lanes so she can actually be a powerful support. Because if she works as a solo laner they will just bury her with nerfs again.

gently caress supporting. Drop stars on motherfuckers 24/7, the way Soraka was always meant to be played.

No need to heal teammates when the enemy team is all dead :black101:.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 30, 2014

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Darth Windu posted:

I've played against Yorick a couple times as Pantheon and had trouble, but I felt like if I understood the matchup better it could've gone either way - both times I went dblade and did tons of damage to him with my Q, but he was able to land just as much harass on me with his skills and had a better all-in. I dunno, hopefully Servaetes can shed more light on this lane because I have no idea, I've come to much prefer Panth in the jungle, though I still play him top when I can.

Admittedly zero experience with it myself but I'd imagine it's one of his very bad lanes. Yorick is the king of safe lane bullying with lots and lots of sustain. I think his sustain, especially after a tear will be absolutely superior to Panth's damage output. The big plus though is he pushes the poo poo out of his lane with ghouls taking hits instead of creeps/hitting creeps so he's generally very gankable and Pantheon + most junglers = dead shovelman.

Another Very Bad Lane for Panth from personal experience though is Malphite. Dude's shitwheel is the same range or slightly further than Panth's Q, and the slow/speedup combo lets him get out of range pretty safely.

fnox
May 19, 2013

I really hope you can't heal minions though, not because it's super easy to grief with the way that W is (It would like, only be useful to heal super minions or something) but that it's loving annoying to have the game target a minion over a champion.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

fnox posted:

I really hope you can't heal minions though, not because it's super easy to grief with the way that W is (It would like, only be useful to heal super minions or something) but that it's loving annoying to have the game target a minion over a champion.

There's a pretty useful but very underused key binding you can hold down to target champions only. It's bound to tilde by default.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Darth Windu posted:

ive never talked to a person who liked pantheon vs yorick. its pretty much a complete nightmare

fnox
May 19, 2013

Previous Jesus posted:

There's a pretty useful but very underused key binding you can hold down to target champions only. It's bound to tilde by default.

It's hard to find what to bind it to though so I can comfortably press it, like, I know it exists but I can't find where to comfortably place it since Shift, Control, and alt are all taken and I don't wanna bind anything I need to hold to one of the letter keys or to Caps Lock.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

fnox posted:

It's hard to find what to bind it to though so I can comfortably press it, like, I know it exists but I can't find where to comfortably place it since Shift, Control, and alt are all taken and I don't wanna bind anything I need to hold to one of the letter keys or to Caps Lock.

I have it bound to one of the thumb buttons on my mouse. They're convenient for "buttons I need to hold down while pressing other buttons" so I also have my level ups bound to holding one of them and pressing the skill button.

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 30, 2014

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Yorick is like my favorite matchup as Nasus. He gives you free stacks.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I decided to buy a mid instead of a jungler, and got Ahri. She is so loving amazing. I went 6-0-8 against Annie in my first game with her. Granted, I'm only level 5 but still! Also I can not wait to get Ignite and Flash instead of using Heal and Clarity.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1514183960/220536428

EDIT: Can I not buy runes with RP? I'm trying to and I just don't see an option.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 30, 2014

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Nope. Runes are literally the only thing you can't buy with RP.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Well that sucks. Which runes should I prioritize getting then? I'm following this guide.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 30, 2014

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Angry Walrus posted:

Nope. Runes are literally the only thing you can't buy with RP.

Kinda, you can just by everything else with RP and save your IP for runes.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
You can also buy IP boosts with RP and that sorta kinda is a roundabout way to buy runes with RP, but you still need to invest time into the game to get them.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
IF you haven't linked your e-mail with League (or something, I think it's your e-mail account) that'll give you a 4-win IP boost. Small but something

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Mysticblade posted:

insanely good

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

3-1 with Ahri tonight. I think I made a wise purchase!

The best game was my last against a Gnar mid. I first blooded him, then killed him 2 more times before 10 minutes. It was pretty awesome.

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008
Nononono, I was just getting into playing Veigar and abusing his dumb as gently caress 2.5 second AoE stun, now his kickass skin has come out and he's getting hit with Pulsefire Ezreal syndrome :gonk:

EDIT: Didn't want to make a new post for this quick question. Scenario: A Zed ults you, but you Exhaust him and then kill him before the mark goes off. When the mark does go off, does the damage reduction from Exhaust still apply?

Smettbo fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mysticblade posted:

SivHD's gimmick Soraka Jungle guide looks so much more legit

Soraka's E is adding to the list of abilities like Windwall and the new champion that makes a gimmick zoning team sound horrifying.

• Locked thread