Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Amongst the hubbub, a pigeon flies into the Haute and delivers a letter perfectly to the Clerk of the Cour

Friends, my apologies I cannot be there in person, but needs must when sickness roams your lands. Prince-Protector Mael places three votes for The Brightest Beacon and one for shifting noble obligations to levy-focused.

I shall also vote on the Directives as thus:

• Goose as the national animal: Aye, a noble animal.
  • The Thermidor Diet: Nay, but I suggest the Emperor do so on his own volition in any case.
  • Bernart as Court Jester: Abstain.
  • Independence Promotion Act: Nay; horse-trade like the rest of us.
  • Codify the Lingua Franca: Aye, I have no problem with this.
  • Rename the Old Catholic church: to Romanist, of course!
  • Ask Cathay for Porcelain: Aye, why not?
  • Invite Mohammedans to the court: Abstain; I'm stuck between my head and my heart on this. I'll abstain with a heavy heart.
  • Pigeon post: Aye! The Egge-Thermidors have shown me this new technology and I am impressed! Hopefully, the pigeon delivering this has also impressed you!
  • Sub-Romanist: Nay, let's not kick them when they're down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Five votes to Empire Cohesion Policy. This is a reasonable expansion, and hopefully the crusade pops for Latium. If not, we can revisit next session, hopefully with the support of the rest of the Haute Cour.

On to these directives...

Name the Goose as the National Animal of Jerusalem - Aye. Personal family opinion is that the Parrot is of similar importance to our empire's history, and I can't personally put up any other bird over it.
THERMIDOR DIET: PART TWO - Aye.
Bernart for Jester - Aye.
Independence Promotion Act - Nay.
Linguistics Department in the House of Wisdom - Aye.
Refer to the Church in Rome as Romanist - Nay.
Refer to the Church in Rome as Sub Romanist - Nay. It is mine, but let them decide their own name - especially when it's another religious group trying to do the renaming.
Find the Secret of Porcelain - Aye. Wouldn't hurt!
Emperor-Preferent to be host Mohammedan Christian artists & scholars - Aye
Establish the Knights of the Pigeon Postal Service - Aye. Sounds neat!

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.
Three votes towards the Brightest Beacon.

Directives:

Name the Goose as the National Animal of Jerusalem - Aye
Put the Emperor on the Thermidor Diet - Aye
Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester - Nay
Independence Promotion Act - Nay
Codify the Lingua Franca - Nay
Rename the Old Catholics to the Romanist - Nay
Contact the Realm of Salahaddin in Cathay - Aye - I volunteer one if my own to head the voyage
Invite the Mohammedan Christians to Court - Aye
Establish the Knights of the Pigeon Postal Service - Aye
Rename the Old Catholics to the Sub-Romans - Nay

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

King Álvaro of Armenia

: My young cousin Bermudo couldn't make the trip from Denmark, but i hear things are going well for the business. But being the only Abrão here is lonely. Anyway, can we redo my examination? I feel we weren't given enough time to study. Can you help me on this, Emperor? I'm going to cram so hard for the next one! Thanks for the chancellorship!

Oh, and 5 votes for the Empire Cohesion Policy.

Directives:

Aye on Name the Goose as the National Animal of Jerusalem
Aye on Put the Emperor on the Thermidor Diet
Abstain on Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester
Abstain on Independence Promotion Act
Aye on Codify the Lingua Franca
Nay on Rename the Old Catholics to the Romanist
Nay on Contact the Realm of Salahaddin in Cathay
Abstain on Invite the Mohammedan Christians to Court
Aye on Establish the Knights of the Pigeon Postal Service
Nay on Rename the Old Catholics to the Sub-Romans

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
House Erez Sender put 2 votes Against the Brightest Beacon. We had one in Alexandria before the rebellion and I see no reason to not try and seize it from the Consul of Kemet.

Directives:

Name the Goose as the National Animal of Jerusalem - Nay. My ancestor may have been crazy, but the way the Tengri Mongols describe their great god, it certainly sounds like a goose and last I heard, we did not have any relations with them. For Jerusalem to pick a goose of all things as a national animal would be like a Khan choosing a lamb or lion.
Put the Emperor on the Thermidor Diet - Abstain
Appoint Bernart Thermidor as Court Jester - Aye
Independence Promotion Act - Nay
Codify the Lingua Franca - Aye
Rename the Old Catholics to the Romanist - Nay
Rename the Old Catholics to the Sub-Romans - Nay
Contact the Realm of Salahaddin in Cathay - Aye
Invite the Mohammedan Christians to Court - Aye
Establish the Knights of the Pigeon Postal Service - Aye

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Session closes in 25 minutes.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Upon further reading, switching to 4 votes for Cour Cohesion Update.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 21, 2020

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
Changing my 2 votes to Cour Cohesion Update

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

King Álvaro of Armenia

: So, I have been warned that the Empire Cohesion Policy doesn't give land according to APA. It gives land to the already landed. Damnit Álvaro! *the King slaps his own face* Read more carefully. That's why you failed the exam!

Anyway, the Abrãos have always been commited to the APA, and as such i must change my 5 votes to the Cour Cohesion Commitment.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 21, 2020

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Switching to 3 votes for levy obligations and 1 to Cour cohesion commitment.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Patrician Taimur d'Cathay of the Red Sea Republic

I would like to congratulate the Flame Party on sinking a bill that would have expanded the empire by switching last minute to a law that expands the power of the emperor-preferent in the party that opposes them. Good job.

Truly masterful parliamentary maneuvering.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Final vote count for the session of 1300

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Well, with all that outta the way, I'd also like to announce the grant of the followin' minor titles:

Dong Fengji as Commander
Prince Khodadad of Fars as Keeper of the Swans
Prince Ting of Hellas as Master of the Hunt
Prince Yoel of Aden as Seneschal
Prince Oluf of Aleppo as Inspector-General
King Philippe of the Indus as Cupbearer
Prince Nuri of Sana'a as Patron of the Crusaders
Princess-Protector of the South Elaine as Keeper of the Tomes
Prince Antoine of the Aegean as Master of the Horse

and the following lords to be named Hands of the Haute Cour:

Prince Gennadios of Thessalonika, once he reaches his majority
Prince Gijsbrecht of Antioch
Prince-Protector Mael of the West
Doge Sigfred of the Oresund
Prince Philippe of Oultrejordain

------------------------------

Mirdini aside: This is Dong Fengji

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 21, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

WilliamAnderson posted:

Someone ambitious closer to the main line probably. Can we make the last name Anderson if they go Germanic?

Sure, and here are the guys who are in the main branch but not in line to inherit the Andirsuns of RSR:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Recess of 1300

* Grant the duchy of Galilee to Mathieu Blaiddyd, invite the Pope to crown the new Emperor, host a Festival of Fortune

* Construct a Colossus in Jufar, and declare a holy war for Kerman if certain conditions are met

* Shift Noble Obligations to Levy Focused

* Amendment to the Cour Cohesion Commitment, as follows

* Establish the Knights of the Pigeon Postal Service

* Contact the Realm of Salahaddin in Cathay

* Name the Goose as the National Animal of Jerusalem

* Codify the Lingua Franca

* Invite the Mohammedan Christians to Court

Chapter 40 – The Roman Expedition – 1300 to 1310

The Mongol is broken.

Their decline had been as sudden and violent as their rise, and with their vast realm fragmented into hundreds of petty warlords, our march into Persia had well and truly broken the Mongols. Already, the border princes were launching raids and invasions of their own, carving apart the once-mighty empire that reigned from Zyburnia to Cathay.

Whilst some rejoiced, others mourned the recent death of their messiah, the man that had led them back to their homeland, the late emperor Ahriman. To honour his memory, a group of Zoroastrian lords poured their money into the raising of a grand monument – the Brightest Beacon, an immense colossus forever watching his flock, from the shores of the Persian Gulf.

And in that very moment, thousands of miles away, the kings and princes and counts of the Empire were choosing his successor...

The Giant of Damascus, the peasants called me. The Ogre of Blaiddyd, my rivals in the Haute Cour. But now, to all, I was Emperor-Preferent of Jerusalem, and her vast Dominion stretching across the face of the earth.

Now this was a day to remember. Some fools might be mourning and dejected by his death, but Khuman Ahriman had been a usurper, and so was Nicolas Saintson before him, and Josselin Thunderbolt before him. It was, what, seventy-five years since we last had a bloodless succession?

Oh yes, down with tyrants and death to usurpers, this was certainly cause for celebration. To cement my, I needed a holy authority to formally bestow me with emperorship, and there was no holier authority than the Pope…

Who, as it happened, wasn’t doing too great. We had carved him a mighty realm in Abyssinia during the Sixth Crusade, but his new realm was vast and distant and isolated, and the heathen masses of Africa held little love for the Popes of Christendom.

So when I reached out to young Pope Uziel with my request… well, His Holiness saw only opportunity. The opportunity to reassert his authority, the opportunity to seize lands actually worth a drat, the opportunity to score a magnificent victory for Christendom, all in one.

So Uziel agreed to crown me Emperor in Jerusalem, but only once he ruled as Pope in Rome.

An expedition to reclaim Rome, that was what he wanted.

And we would give it to him.

It would be a few months before we were ready to sail, however, so whilst my vassals prepared for war, I hosted a Festival of Fortune in the capital. The commoners needed to celebrate something, after all.

All my vassals were invited of course, and to make sure there were no rebellions while I was abroad, I began carousing with the powerful Princes, inviting the troublesome Mohammedans to the capital, and even made the Outremer tongue (a strange hybrid of French, German, Welsh, Arabic and even Turkish) the official language of court.

Whilst I feasted and jousted and caroused, my Protector of the West raised the levies of Greece, the Protector of the North did the same in Syria and Armenia, the Protector of the East in Mesopotamia and Persia, and the Protector of the South in Arabia. By the summer of 1302, a mighty host of 25,000 was gathered at Tyrus.

And just days later, we were sailing for Yurp, and Rome.

The winds were favourable and morale was high, so when we landed at Urbino a few weeks later, everyone was expecting a short campaign. Rome was only a few days’ march away, after all…

As it turns out, however, we had foolishly ventured into a burning country, with wars raging between heretics, infidels and heathens as great swarms of knights and horselords and even elephants rampaged across the peninsula.

And we would not take Rome within a few days. Not even a few months, the march on Rome stretched across years, with our 25,000-strong force challenged on each day and bleeding for every step.

Whilst we were fighting battles in Ancona, Orvieto, Siena and Oleto and Rome, the pagan horselords of Yurp counterattacked by invading our lands, by invading the Holy Land, with the khans of Italia almost capturing Jerusalem in their surprise attack.

Fortunately, with the help of several loans and an emergency conscription law, a ramshackle army of peasants and mercenaries was enough to break the siege.

But our enemies would only grow in strength, even in the east, where the Indian rajas began raiding imperial lands with impunity, burning and pillaging and sacking.

This war needed to be ended, and soon.

And just as the spring of 1306 swept into Italia, we reached the walls of Rome.

After almost five years of campaigning, my army was dwindling, weakened, and ridden with disease… but even then, with scarcely 10,000 levies behind me, there was only one road to take.

We marched on Rome, and there beneath the walls of that once-holiest of cities, the war was won.

But the price we paid was high, far too high. Along with most of the army, the casualties included a number of high lords – the Prince beyond the Jordan, the Prince on the Black Sea, the Protector of the West, the King-between-the-Rivers, and even… even my brother, Mathieu, and my own son, Morydd. They all came west with me, and they were all dead.

But the most crushing casualty, was in the man that had started this whole mess – Pope Uziel, who was savaged by pagans in battle near River Nera.

So there was no celebration, no drinking or feasting or debauching. Instead, we installed his boy as Pope Seraphiel, and after a mock coronation in the crumbling halls of the Apostolic Palace, we began our journey home.

If only we knew what was waiting for us.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 1, 2020

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

:sickos:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hashim posted:

Sure, and here are the guys who are in the main branch but not in line to inherit the Andirsuns of RSR:

Send my brother Umaya to the danish lands post haste!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

All character sheets are updated. If I missed anyone, just say so. Session opens tomorrow.

Casualties:

- Ildegarde, Queen on the Horn of India, succeeded by King Hariraja.
- Duihon, Queen between the Rivers, succeeded by King Patern.
- Uziel, Pope of All Christians, succeeded by Pope Seraphiel.
- Mathieu, Prince of Galilee, succeeded by Princess Adelaide.
- Bernart, Prince of Baghdad and Protector of the East, succeeded by Prince-Protector Lope.
- Philippe, Prince of Oultrejourdaine, succeeded by Princess Marguerite.
- Bernard, Prince on the Black Sea, succeeded by Princess Garcenda.
- Abderahman, Count of Acre, succeeded by Count Androus.
- Ji, Count of Xin Xi'an, succeeded by Count Ye, succeeded by Count Richard.
- Vahid, Doge of the Republic of Cyprus, succeeded by Doge Roshandeva.
- Parviz, Patrician of the Republic of Cyprus, succeeded by Patrician Pelaio.
- Abdul-Gafur, Patrician of the Republic of Cyprus, succeeded by Patrician Sirhan.
- Khalid, Doge of the Red Sea Republic, succeeded by Lord Nasraddin.
- Taimur, Patrician of the Red Sea Republic, succeeded by Patrician Xiangdao.

Please declare your status as an independent or faction member, otherwise your new characters will be considered independent in the Haute Cour.

Politics:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Pelaio Thermidor of Cyprus heads to the podium flanked by two pigeons, both carrying a message on their legs. Pelaio looks very confused, possible about more than just the pigeons.

They told me to come here, and they send those who send those, is it good? We should see it.

He opens the notes.

"The Thermidors shall communicate via Pigeon Knight for the forseeable future until this plague buisness is done with."

"The Egge-Thermidors will communicate using our house Knighted Pigeon so as to avoid disease in the realm and abroad, as we have to travel quite far anyways and don't wat to spread or catch it."

He looks up flabbergasted.

Why didn't they tell me? We know why they and they and they did not tell me, but why didn't THEY tell me! I MUST AWAY!

Peliao runs and jumps out a window, headed for the coast. The two pigeons take their seats in the Thermidor's regular seating area.

The Thermidors will stay with The Eternal Flame.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Faction Tally leading to the 1310 Session

Architects of Paradise (Infrastructure, Exploration, Culture)

Leader: Emperor-Preferant Ogier (Mirdini)
Members: Marshall-Prince Nuri (Vinny Possum), Prince Geraud (AJ_Impy), Princess Almodis (Technowolf), Advisor-King Philippe (HiHoChiRho), Princess Vartouhi (Freudian), Trade Liaison-King Álvaro (Frionnel), Erez-Senders in Exile (Xelkevos)
# of members/votes: 8 members, 39 votes

The Eternal Flame (Zoroastrianism, Persian Conquest, Fire)

Leader: Prince-Protector Audoin (Lord Cyrahzax)
Members: Prince-Protector Lope (Ralepozozaxe), Patrician Shahab (Pacho), Steward-Prince Khodadad (Kangxi), Lord Mayor Isa (Gigagar), Prince-Protector Mael (TinTower), Princess-Protector Elaine (megane), King Hariraja (RodyOneHalf), Advisor-Doge Taimur (WilliamAnderson), Patrician Xiangdao (QuoProQuid)
# of members/votes: 10 members, 42 votes

A Gilded Tomorrow (Economy, Merchantry, Innovation)

Leader: ????
Members: Count Onfroy (Flesnolk),
# of members/votes: 1 member, 3 votes
(Disolved next session unless 3 members)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Count Valeran (Slaan), Count Androus (Angstrom Gothington), Prince Antoine (Thordain), Chancellor-King Patern (Zikan), Princess Garcenda (Jossar), Prince Gijsbrecht (Pakled), Prince Oluf (TheFlyingLlama), Count Raymond (i81icu812), Spymaster-Prince Yoel (Hattie Matters), Prince Gennadios (Clayren), Count Mukhtar (habeasdorkus), Count Aubry (Zedhe Khoja), Count Roubaud (Luhood), Count Trdat (Yavuz), Count Sigismond (Soup du Jour), Lord Mayor Nasraddin (mcclay), Princess Marguerite (Captain Mediocre), Pope Seraphiel
# of members/votes: 18 members, 64 votes

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 26, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The regency of King Hariraja declares for Flame Eternal.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Erez-Senders in exile declare for the Architects of Paradise

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

A proclamation of the Doge of the Red Sea Republic

The Andirsun Family declares for The Eternal Flame in addition to sending my brother Umaya to undertake new ventures in the Oresund.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The d’Cathays of the Red Sea Republic join their esteemed Doge in joining the The Eternal Flame

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dominant faction: The Eternal Flame

Session of the Haute Cour, 1310

: It's been some time.

: Too long, my lords. I've been gone too long in that cursed land they call Yurp, and I've seen such terrible things there.

: I have seen thousands of innocents put to the sword by heathens, infidels, even those that call themselves Christian. I have seen thousands more perish to pestilence, disease, godsent ailments that we have never seen. I have seen my brother cut down by savages in a savage land, and my own son claimed in the flower of his youth. We are owed some peace, some quiet, some time to revive and rebuild.

: We will not get it.

State of Affairs

Emperor-Preferent: Ogier Blaiddyd
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: Architects of Paradise, Eternal Flame
Treasury: 708 gold, +104.15/month
Piety: 1390, +0.95/month
Grace: 0
Threat: 99%
Army: 60074 levies
Non-Aggression Pacts: none.
Alliances: none.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
  • none.
Active Laws - 10/10:

World Map:

Jerusalem, House of Groves

Weak Claims:

Succession:
Next in line is a baron in Jerusalem, ruling over the castle raised by Ahriman.

Council and Court:

Laws:
Next law can be passed in about two years.

Technology:
Economy and culture advancements are available.

Military:
Levies are looking very strong.

Factions:
A couple factions that might pose a problem later on.

Known Plots:

Decisions:

Religion:
Moral authority is looking strong again, despite being led by another boy-pope.

Culture:

Relations:

Trade Zones:
Somehow still more republics - Aquitaine, Cilicia, some duchy in Norway and maybe something in India.

Defensive Pacts:
Yes.

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging the cheapest coronation ceremony.
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Purchasing favours.
- Converting his own religion.
- Requesting that courtiers and vassals convert to his religion.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received. The King may strongarm a policy of his own devising in its place.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, 24 hours for drafting legislation and 24 hours for voting. After this period, the 4 most popular proposals are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- A member of a Faction may support or oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may vote Aye/Nay on each Directive.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote, Aye or Nay.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the policy will take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The two Thermidor Pigeon Knights flutter to the podium,carrying missives from their lieges.

"This plague, the one that has been said to be coming straight for us, it must have been encountered before! We have all this knowledge at our hands, we need to put it to use. We propose, as a directive: Search the House of Wisdom for any information on the plague, and any possible cures."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

"We also have been told of a certain type of mask, designed by the combined efforts of the Shabibids and the De Safaga's, that could be used to protect yourself from disease. Produce and make use of the Plague Masks designed by these two great families.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

As my husband remains in hiding, it falls to me once again to present the Flame Eternal's legislation to the Haute Cour. And what legislation it is!

The Jerusalem Made Whole Again Act

1. We will, if possible, change the Reformed Catholic crusade target to the Kingdom of Sistan
2. If choosing to join the crusade, The monarch will choose the option to take the titles for themself in the crusade screen. The monarch will use all sources, such as mercenaries and holy orders, to win the crusade as swiftly as possible. Any lands and titles gained from the crusade will be handed out strictly via the APA.
3. We may not start or join and other offensive wars besides the crusade for the next 10 years.

If Seraphiel insists on keeping his Crusade on schedule, then we the lords and ladies of Jerusalem must make the conflict as swift as possible- the rumblings of plague from the east mean we have little room for error.This is the Eternal Flame's Forced Bill.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 27, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Pelaio jumps back in through the window he jumps from the other day.

We have what, we have what? I thought we were gone, left, no longer. The cursed lands of Yurp yet grip us, hold us, by us holding them. To many, must remove the cysts, but a cost, a fee. We will find a pearl yet. Let go, and make it ours, let us begin from where we began. Erections, plentiful erections to the heart, to the brain. Life from wealth, as taught by the mighty three. Never again we shant.

Straight outta Yurp.

1. Any players who control lands in Yurp within this red line will be given a choice of what to do with them. Each player will get to choose what happens to their land.

2. They can sell the land off to a local lord, or they can create a new realm out of the lands. If they sell the land off they can choose who is receiving it, and will recieve a payment for the land from said recipient. Lords who create a new realm may put a member of their family in control of the land, and may also choose the name, map color, and flag of the new realm if they so wish.

3. If neither of the two above options are to their liking, they may keep the land just as they were.

Pelaio once again jumps out the window.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 27, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Directive: Rename the Kingdom of Egypt to the Kingdom of Sistan until we regain control of it.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDmB76y7jFs

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Laws once they're available again:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The d'Cathay benches sit empty as no member of the illustrious family has decided to travel to Jerusalem this session. Better, they say, to tend to the homestead, to prepare their lands for the calamities to come. In their stead, a servant arises.

Lords and Ladies, I hope you are well. The d'Cathays have asked me to urge a policy on the construction of hospitals, based on reports of some new disease in the Far East. Thus, they propose:

Invisible Hospitals, Visible Diseases Act

The Haute Cour hereby orders:

1. All county improvements authorized under the Visible Cities Act shall be limited to hospital construction and improvement. The emperor-preferent shall strive, to the extent possible, to ensure that all Cour members possess a basic hospital constructed in their capital. If all Cour members have a basic hospital, the emperor-preferent shall build hospital improvements.

2. Upon completion of improvements to the House of Groves, the emperor-preferent to build the Gilded Goose Memorial Herb Garden outside the Haute Cour chambers to keep away foul pestilence. The herb garden shall give the following effects:
(a) +0.10 Health
(b) Periodically gives landed characters in the Empire herbs or increases the health stat by 1

3. Should any landed vassal's family line be extinguished within the next 10 years, causing the title to return to the emperor-preferent, the emperor-preferent shall seek to redistribute that title back to some member of the affected dynasty. If there are no surviving members of an affected dynasty in Jerusalem, the emperor-preferent shall seek to distribute the titles back to some distant relative unaffected by disease. (OOC: The emperor gives back titles that fall into his hands to dynasts. If anyone's player character dies out, we ask Hashim to reroll a new character that is a "distant relative" to receive the titles).

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 27, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The lords and ladies of House d'Cathay would also like me to...

The servant squints at the scroll he is carrying.

...propose an unusual Directive: The emperor-preferent shall host a Masque of Black Death, where he and all the landed nobles of the Cour will celebrate in seclusion to lift everyone's spirits before the coming of the plague.

The merchant houses will, of course, be providing the catering.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 27, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

They further ask for support on a directive seeking spiritual support in this time of crisis.

Directive: The empire should request the New Catholic Pope to deliver an Urbi et Orbi on the coming of the plague (and request similar prayers and intercessions from the leaders of the other faiths in the empire).

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

King Álvaro of Armenia, Chancellor, Advisor, Trade Liaison?

: Ok, look, i know i flunked school in my teens, kind of a bad time for me personally. But hey, second chances are important, right? Can i get a do over on my examination, and take that big red X off my resume?

Directive: Let Álvaro retake the examination.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

A runner comes through the Cour chamber carrying a scroll. She passes it to the d'Cathay servant who reads it.

Lords and Ladies, I have one final bill to propose today pertaining to the organization of our empire. To ensure better administration (especially as it relates to the imperial exam system and future disaster response), the d'Cathays propose:

All for One, One for All Law

The Haute Cour hereby authorizes:

1. The emperor-preferent to shift realm centralization from minimal to low.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Plague is Revolting, why should we be.

1. If there are any Dangerous factions (+65% strength), members of the faction will be given an honorary title if they do not have one, and will be given a monetary gift if doing so would not put us into Low money reserves (less than 1500 ducats).

2. Monetary gifts will be prioritized to faction members with the most troops, as well as those with the most troops. If giving them the monetary gift would not be likely to remove them from the faction, they will not receive a gift.

3. The monarch will have councilors do jobs that are the least likely to cause them to gain the plague, namely those that do not place them somewhere physically on the map.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The assembly is no longer taking PROPOSALS, and is now open to VOTING.

If you're CHANGING your votes, please do so by making a NEW post.

Latest vote tally - Click HERE.

:siren:Proposed Policies:siren:

Straight outta Yurp - The Flame Eternal -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

1. Any players who control lands in Yurp within this red line will be given a choice of what to do with them. Each player will get to choose what happens to their land.
Clicky for map.

2. They can sell the land off to a local lord, or they can create a new realm out of the lands. If they sell the land off they can choose who is receiving it, and will recieve a payment for the land from said recipient. Lords who create a new realm may put a member of their family in control of the land, and may also choose the name, map color, and flag of the new realm if they so wish.

3. If neither of the two above options are to their liking, they may keep the land just as they were.

Support —

Opposition —

Invisible Hospitals, Visible Diseases Act - The Flame Eternal -

QuoProQuid posted:

1. All county improvements authorized under the Visible Cities Act shall be limited to hospital construction and improvement. The emperor-preferent shall strive, to the extent possible, to ensure that all Cour members possess a basic hospital constructed in their capital. If all Cour members have a basic hospital, the emperor-preferent shall build hospital improvements.

2. Upon completion of improvements to the House of Groves, the emperor-preferent to build the Gilded Goose Memorial Herb Garden outside the Haute Cour chambers to keep away foul pestilence. The herb garden shall give the following effects:
(a) +0.10 Health
(b) Periodically gives landed characters in the Empire herbs or increases the health stat by 1

3. Should any landed vassal's family line be extinguished within the next 10 years, causing the title to return to the emperor-preferent, the emperor-preferent shall seek to redistribute that title back to some member of the affected dynasty. If there are no surviving members of an affected dynasty in Jerusalem, the emperor-preferent shall seek to distribute the titles back to some distant relative unaffected by disease. (OOC: The emperor gives back titles that fall into his hands to dynasts. If anyone's player character dies out, we ask Hashim to reroll a new character that is a "distant relative" to receive the titles).

Support —

Opposition —

Plague Is Revolting, Why Should We Be - The Flame Eternal -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

1. If there are any Dangerous factions (+65% strength), members of the faction will be given an honorary title if they do not have one, and will be given a monetary gift if doing so would not put us into Low money reserves (less than 1500 ducats).

2. Monetary gifts will be prioritized to faction members with the most troops, as well as those with the most troops. If giving them the monetary gift would not be likely to remove them from the faction, they will not receive a gift.

3. The monarch will have councilors do jobs that are the least likely to cause them to gain the plague, namely those that do not place them somewhere physically on the map.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Laws:siren:

All for One, One for All Law - The Flame Eternal -

QuoProQuid posted:

The Haute Cour hereby authorizes:

1. The emperor-preferent to shift realm centralization from minimal to low.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Directives:siren:

Search the House of Wisdom for Plague Information -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

"This plague, the one that has been said to be coming straight for us, it must have been encountered before! We have all this knowledge at our hands, we need to put it to use. We propose, as a directive: Search the House of Wisdom for any information on the plague, and any possible cures."

Aye —

Nay —

Produce Plague Masks -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

"We also have been told of a certain type of mask, designed by the combined efforts of the Shabibids and the De Safaga's, that could be used to protect yourself from disease. Produce and make use of the Plague Masks designed by these two great families.

The plague masks.

Aye —

Nay —

Rename the Kingdom of Egypt to Sistan -

AJ_Impy posted:

Directive: Rename the Kingdom of Egypt to the Kingdom of Sistan until we regain control of it.

Aye —

Nay —

Host a Masque of Black Death -

QuoProQuid posted:

...propose an unusual Directive: The emperor-preferent shall host a Masque of Black Death, where he and all the landed nobles of the Cour will celebrate in seclusion to lift everyone's spirits before the coming of the plague.

The merchant houses will, of course, be providing the catering.

Aye —

Nay —

Deliver the Papal Bull - Urbi et Orbi -

QuoProQuid posted:

Directive: The empire should request the New Catholic Pope to deliver an Urbi et Orbi on the coming of the plague (and request similar prayers and intercessions from the leaders of the other faiths in the empire).

Aye —

Nay —

Have King Álvaro of Armenia resit the Imperial Examination -

Frionnel posted:

Directive: Let Álvaro retake the examination.

Aye —

Nay —

---

Additionally, the following policy has been forced into the Recess by Flame Eternal, as they rule as the dominant faction:

The Jerusalem Made Whole Again Act - Flame Eternal -

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

1. We will, if possible, change the Reformed Catholic crusade target to the Kingdom of Sistan
2. If choosing to join the crusade, The monarch will choose the option to take the titles for themself in the crusade screen. The monarch will use all sources, such as mercenaries and holy orders, to win the crusade as swiftly as possible. Any lands and titles gained from the crusade will be handed out strictly via the APA.
3. We may not start or join and other offensive wars besides the crusade for the next 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lords of the Realm

Feudal Votes:
  • Mirdini – 6
  • Frionnel - 7
  • HiHo ChiRho - 7
  • Rody One Half – 5
  • Zikan - 7
  • Erwin the German - 1
  • Jossar - 4
  • Pakled - 4
  • TheFlyingLlama - 4
  • Ralepozozaxe - 4
  • AJ_Impy - 4
  • Lord Cyrahzax - 4
  • Captain Mediocre - 4
  • Kangxi - 6
  • Angstrom Gothington – 3
  • Flavius Aetass - 1
  • Xelkelvos - 1
  • Freudian - 4
  • sheep-doger - 1
  • i81icu812 - 1
  • Obliterati - 1
  • Pacho - 2
  • Yavuz - 4
  • Vinny Possum - 6
  • Hattie Masters - 6
  • megane - 4
  • QuoProQuid - 4
  • Thordain - 4
  • Clayren - 4
  • TinTower - 4
  • Technowolf - 4
  • habeasdorkus - 3
  • Flesnolk - 3
  • Zedhe Khoja - 3
  • Luhood - 3
  • Soup du Jour - 2
  • Slaan - 3
  • Gigagar - 3
  • WilliamAnderson - 6
  • mcclay - 4
  • really queer Christmas - 1
  • Shogeton - 1
  • rudecyrus - 1
  • SirPhoebos - 1
  • JT Jag - 1
  • fish and chips and dip - 1
  • Grizzwold - 1

Factions:

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Faction Tally of the 1310 Session

Architects of Paradise (Infrastructure, Exploration, Culture)

Leader: Emperor-Preferant Ogier (Mirdini)
Members: Marshall-Prince Nuri (Vinny Possum), Prince Geraud (AJ_Impy), Princess Almodis (Technowolf), Advisor-King Philippe (HiHoChiRho), Princess Vartouhi (Freudian), Trade Liaison-King Álvaro (Frionnel), Erez-Senders in Exile (Xelkevos)
# of members/votes: 8 members, 39 votes

The Eternal Flame (Zoroastrianism, Persian Conquest, Fire)

Leader: Prince-Protector Audoin (Lord Cyrahzax)
Members: Prince-Protector Lope (Ralepozozaxe), Patrician Shahab (Pacho), Steward-Prince Khodadad (Kangxi), Lord Mayor Isa (Gigagar), Prince-Protector Mael (TinTower), Princess-Protector Elaine (megane), King Hariraja (RodyOneHalf), Advisor-Doge Taimur (WilliamAnderson), Patrician Xiangdao (QuoProQuid)
# of members/votes: 10 members, 42 votes

A Gilded Tomorrow (Economy, Merchantry, Innovation)

Leader: ????
Members: Count Onfroy (Flesnolk),
# of members/votes: 1 member, 3 votes
(Disolved next session unless 3 members)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Count Valeran (Slaan), Count Androus (Angstrom Gothington), Prince Antoine (Thordain), Chancellor-King Patern (Zikan), Princess Garcenda (Jossar), Prince Gijsbrecht (Pakled), Prince Oluf (TheFlyingLlama), Count Raymond (i81icu812), Spymaster-Prince Yoel (Hattie Matters), Prince Gennadios (Clayren), Count Mukhtar (habeasdorkus), Count Aubry (Zedhe Khoja), Count Roubaud (Luhood), Count Trdat (Yavuz), Count Sigismond (Soup du Jour), Lord Mayor Nasraddin (mcclay), Princess Marguerite (Captain Mediocre), Pope Seraphiel
# of members/votes: 18 members, 64 votes

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 27, 2020