Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The story in City felt really unfinished and poorly thought out and the whole Catwoman integration was terrible. They're both good game but I have fonder memories of Asylum and I actually went back and played that one multiple times. City I just kinda finished and put away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
City felt over ambitious, like they just stuck so much in there for content's sake without integrating it. I still really liked it, though. It played like Arkham Asylum, just bigger and you could basically fly around and beat up thugs on a whim. If they took the City/Origins open world and actually gave that world a reason to be there besides an "open world" bullet point on the back of the box, that would be ideal.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
What they really need to do is swipe Shadow of Mordor's nemesis system.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Accordion Man posted:

What they every game ever really needs to do is swipe Shadow of Mordor's nemesis system.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

It even fits with the theme about his refusal to kill means his enemies will always come back and stronger.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
here is a game i apparently already own:

Scourge Outbreak
57%Z%-ZL8BL-VH9IK

% = D

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How dare you post such a filthy emoticon here

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Hotline Miami 2 blocked here in NZ even though it's not banned here, because apparently Australia and New Zealand are the same place that share the same laws.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hotline Miami 2 blocked here in NZ even though it's not banned here, because apparently Australia and New Zealand are the same place that share the same laws.

Owned.

Is NZD a currency on Steam or do you buy in AUD too?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The devs said they're cool with you just pirating it if you can't buy it legit in Australia and NZ.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

VodeAndreas posted:

Owned.

Is NZD a currency on Steam or do you buy in AUD too?

We use USD but some publishers don't know that so they list the price here at the NZD price in USD.

It's loving stupid.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Ooh! Ooh! Tell them about the outrageous markup we pay!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

We use USD but some publishers don't know that so they list the price here at the NZD price in USD.

It's loving stupid.

Yeah I'm brain-dead at work at the moment, here in Australia the store still lists it in USD... Part of my brain though that changed last year or something... Either way, still funny that you lose out too.

Maybe I'll gift around a couple of copies of the original to make up for pirating the sequel.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

The community hub for this is sure going to be fun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Social Justice Paladins duel foes with 140 characters or less while shrugging off attacks with a press of the Block button, at least until their foes create new accounts.
Social Justice Clerics serve in the name of their patron sub deity, taking solace in its comforting presence to heal and summoning its divine power to smite their enemies.
Social Justice Mages conjure powerful constructs of fact and opinion to alter minds and reality while occasionally summoning an activist organization or hurling a scathing fireball of a blog post.
Social Justice Rogues fight fire with fire. Throw flurries of vitriolic character attacks, confuse enemies with smokescreens of alternate accounts, then delete your accounts and withdraw into the shadows of the net.

:allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wonder how many people are going to poo poo on it for the title or premise alone and not even read the About The Game blurb on the store page. Specifically the beginning:

quote:

Social Justice Warriors expresses frustration with how people use divisive labels – like “SJW” and “troll” – to discredit and silence each other. No matter what social values you have, attacking and ridiculing other people not only fails to achieve progress but has an additional effect of escalating the conflict while exhausting your patience and eroding your reputation.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Accordion Man posted:

Only if those thugs become super villains with randomly generated themes, powers, and costumes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The idea of an open world batman is cool until you actually have to slog around it, also I liked how Origins made you have to do work just to make fast travel accessible, area by area, over and over, that was not a chore at all

With the nemesis system you could at least have like some emergent encounters or something, but I still much prefer Asylum with its hub world and themed locations, to loving travelling around that lovely city

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to buy Shroud of the Avatar, is this a bad idea?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

CJacobs posted:

I wonder how many people are going to poo poo on it for the title or premise alone and not even read the About The Game blurb on the store page. Specifically the beginning:

Them being cowards and covering their asses with a South Park-esque "both sides are wrong if you really think about it maaaaan" just makes it even more pathetic.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Sleeveless posted:

Them being cowards and covering their asses with a South Park-esque "both sides are wrong if you really think about it maaaaan" just makes it even more pathetic.

Honestly, the most pathetic thing is that it's been on the store since last May and nobody loving noticed it at all, for controversy's sake or anything. It's the blandest possible disappointment and barely worth thinking about.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The SJWs are finally killing game'ing. It's hosed up... but true.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

I want to buy Shroud of the Avatar, is this a bad idea?

Oof, $45? I'd hold off till it's on sale, that's a steep-rear end price for a preorder. Doubly so for a hotbar MMO, considering how "great" those are doing these days. The visuals and animations are allright, but I'd say the art direction is pretty dull. It reminds me of Vanguard for some reason, and not in a good way.
Tho to be honest I did have some fun in Vanguard, but I'm a sick fucker who has a sad MMO addiction.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 26, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well here's one for free then if you dont want to pay for a game about that stuff. http://plastic-idolatry.com/erik/pq/index.html

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sleeveless posted:

I think we're taking different things from it; I'm reading it as them poking fun at both stereotypes with the game equally, but that's also a way you could look at it I guess. I don't really care about the game itself that much and I'm not going to play it so I'm not analyzing its content or anything, but I choose to take the description at face value which is "don't be assholes for no reason whether you are right or wrong, also we made a videogame".

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 26, 2015

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mutation posted:

The community hub for this is sure going to be fun.
It already is:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Dreadwroth posted:

Oof, $45? I'd hold off till it's on sale, that's a steep-rear end price for a preorder. Doubly so for a hotbar MMO, considering how "great" those are doing these days. The visuals and animations are allright, but I'd say the art direction is pretty dull. It reminds me of Vanguard for some reason, and not in a good way.
Tho to be honest I did have some fun in Vanguard, but I'm a sick fucker who has a sad MMO addiction.

I actually thought Vanguard had a cool crafting system when it came out :smith:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
The SJW complainers are infinitely more insufferable than the other party. They produce a literal nothing, if you don't count the fabulous YT comments under every video.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

lordfrikk posted:

The SJW complainers are infinitely more insufferable than the other party. They produce a literal nothing, if you don't count the fabulous YT comments under every video.

I, personally, don't

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

CJacobs posted:

If people were capable of examining things without going apeshit then the concept of SJW wouldn't exist.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Luckily the SJW Game will eventually be balanced out with the release of Hatred which will be badass.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Someone please make a containment thread for this terrible topic of discussion.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Kanfy posted:

Then blast said containment thread into the Sun.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

It even fits with the theme about his refusal to kill means his enemies will always come back and stronger.
Add in a Rep system. If you run from a Villain/Captain battle you lose Rep so all the goons taunt you more and more as it drops but at least the Villains don't get stronger right? Low enough and the citizens of the city start to join too calling you a wimp, yelling out at you.
No other effects, just the in-game NPCs calling you a loser, a weakling, a wuss, oh no not their e-honour!

See how quickly gamers abandon Batman's No Killing thing then.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sleeveless posted:

Do you even know what the term "Social Justice Warrior" means? Or meant, at least before idiots started using it to describe anyone they disagreed with?

It was a deragatory term used towards those who acted like posting on the internet (angrily or not) was MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. Kony 2012 is a pretty good example of it. The game appears to be true to this definition.

But you know you could continue to rage against the southpark TRUTH IS IN THE MIDDLE of it all if you want.

Freak Futanari posted:

The skeletons are finally killing game'ing. It's hosed up... but true.

Palpek posted:

It already is:

I'm nutral

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
gently caress off back to the hellthread.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

kirbysuperstar posted:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Kanfy posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Mutation posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

I invite any and all discussion of this game in question into the Hellthread, by all means, please come and visit.

Note however that it is an upcoming steam game just like any other and people were discussing it in this thread first - neither I nor anyone who has posted in Hellthread brought it up first.

WMain00 posted:

Then blast said containment thread into the Sun.
Only Lowtax can do that. If for some reason you would like him to do that, maybe you should email him?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
What happened to Cardboard Box B????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
First they came for the gamers, and i spoke up, for i was a gamer.

• Locked thread