Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Gaz-L posted:

Not really a spoiler so not tagging, Agatha seemed to think Wanda was actually trained, so it's possible she was doing some kind of 'true name' hiding in case that would've let Wanda do poo poo to her. Once she realised she was dealing with basically a learner driver with a hypercar, I guess that didn't matter so much. Or just was worried her reputation would precede her.

Yeah, just from basic spycraft, not announcing the equivalent of "Bond, James Bond" would be a good idea. Also, I imagine the community of real witches is super small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
EDIT: This isn't the Expanse thread!

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 28, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thundercracker posted:

Yeah, just from basic spycraft, not announcing the equivalent of "Bond, James Bond" would be a good idea. Also, I imagine the community of real witches is super small.

I mean, "Agnes" isn't much better, in that it's kind of like Iron Man going "I'm Tony Star- Antonio Starkly"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a reason Runaways isn't on it? I'd like to watch season 2, I didn't hate season 1.

There’s probably still some distribution rights issues keeping certain shows, even Hulu ones, off Disney+ still.

After all, Phase 2 is still the only one with all of its films on Disney+.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TinTower posted:

There’s probably still some distribution rights issues keeping certain shows, even Hulu ones, off Disney+ still.

Well, that's much more specific, in that the Universal and Sony deals are pretty publicly known.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TinTower posted:

That's annoying because Star basically exists for countries without Hulu.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

TinTower posted:

Comcast is still involved in Hulu until 2024 so maybe it has something to do with that? Honestly the whole Hulu divorce situation is a bit hard for me to understand.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Boxman posted:

No way. IoA is the only place in Florida you can meet Spider Man, Wolverine, and Captain America; there's no way Universal would give up that sort of edge.

It's good for the theme park, bit they're also doing advertising for one of a rival studio's biggest assets. There has to be a Comcast-owned product worth hyping up instead.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

TinTower posted:

twistedmentat posted:

That's annoying because Star basically exists for countries without Hulu.

Funny enough, my country's Disney+ does have Runaways. But not Cloak and Dagger. I guess the later is gonna be dumped in Star for whatever reasons (Edit: Drug usage. I had forgotten dagger is shown taking/selling drugs/pills/I dunno). Or some TV network is clinging to the rights of several Disney properties, who knows. Legal stuff like this is weird in my country.

Although it sucks that we are getting Star until June/July and it will be a separate service. :cry:
I heard Europeans have Star IN their Disney+.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
There's definitely a bunch of streaming rights making things not available on D+. Like you can't get all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies right now. And for awhile, not even the latest MCU movies to hit steaming like Ant-man and the Wasp.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Thundercracker posted:

There's definitely a bunch of streaming rights making things not available on D+. Like you can't get all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies right now. And for awhile, not even the latest MCU movies to hit steaming like Ant-man and the Wasp.

Oh my god. Over here we got all the Pirates of the Caribbean and MCU movies since day one! (but not Spidey and Hulk, those are still in Netflix).

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Desperado Bones posted:

Although it sucks that we are getting Star until June/July and it will be a separate service. :cry:
I heard Europeans have Star IN their Disney+.

I can confirm that. I'm in Ireland, and about a week ago Star came up as a discreet section of Disney+ when I opened it. I've barely looked at it, since WandaVision is the only thing I watch on D+ regularly, but I know the Planet of the Apes films are there at least, from some ads I saw in passing on TV letting people know the change was happening. I should explore it at some point, since I'm not familiar with the service. Or former service, I guess.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Thundercracker posted:

Man, Haywood's plan is super dumb no matter how you spin it. He's just smooshing together powerful forces he neither understands or can be sure to control and seeing what happens.

Maybe the first thing Cataract does after waking up is crush Haywood's head like a grape.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It'd be on-point for the MCU.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

DukeofCA posted:

Maybe the first thing Cataract does after waking up is crush Haywood's head like a grape.

https://youtu.be/qw9VQChlILI

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Thinking more like this
https://youtu.be/tlhWAEBEgX8?t=134

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

They still got to show the basement and the book, I guess Monica and Fietro will be doing that early on. Maybe they'll just leave the book there for a tie-in in the Strange movie.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

☆゚.*・。゚My theory!☆゚.*・。゚

White Vision is going to glitch out and Ultron is back, baby!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tars Tarkas posted:

☆゚.*・。゚My theory!☆゚.*・。゚

I'd love it, but probably not.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Tars Tarkas posted:

☆゚.*・。゚My theory!☆゚.*・。゚

I would love that to happen. :getin:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Barreft posted:

They still got to show the basement and the book, I guess Monica and Fietro will be doing that early on. Maybe they'll just leave the book there for a tie-in in the Strange movie.

This reminds me, I was wondering if the Basement was always there or Agatha somehow magicked it into existence when she arrived. It does seem unlikely that Vision would buy a plot of land right next to a magic dungeon, this is the one thing that makes me doubt that the deed actually was bought by Vision and not provided to Wanda by someone else

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Wouldn't it be simpler to assume Agatha remodeled using magic to speed the process up before creating wards?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What I got from the flashback was that the Mind Stone interacted with Wanda/entered her mind in some way at Hydra's labs, and her hex-version of Vision was later created from that when she had her big grief nuke moment. So she didn't necessarily make him herself, or at least not ALL herself; she was carrying a part of him with her already. It seems like in the overall MCU, they've got all the various parts of Vision, but he's scattered. There's his partial backup in Wakanda, his 'corpse', whatever the thing I spoiler-tagged turns out to be, and presumably Jarvis still exists in Stark's archives. The only missing piece is technically whatever portion of him was Ultron I guess, but Vision minus Ultron isn't a bad thing - unless there's still a James Spader cameo to come. WandaVision is like the Castlevania 2 of Marvel stories.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

They haven't elaborated yet on Monica's post-hex x-rays coming up blank, right? That's the biggest dangling thread for me and I've been kind of annoyed by the total lack of acknowledgement since the episode where it came up.

I've been so weirdly fixated on it that I did lol at Heyward's "you don't have the stomach for this job" line tho

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

tsob posted:

Wouldn't it be simpler to assume Agatha remodeled using magic to speed the process up before creating wards?

That's what I meant about her magicking it into existence. She took over the house, turned the basement into a level in the Elder Scrolls and then gave Wanda a pineapple.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

From the Salem scene if we take Agnes not lying then she does have a power in her she can't control or doesn't understand. I can see this being as much of a Wanda intervention from Agatha as Ags herself trying to figure out how to control her own power, which is probably from the book.

Not much time left, who knows. But I'm so glad I didn't bail after the first 2 episodes.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Tars Tarkas posted:

☆゚.*・。゚My theory!☆゚.*・。゚

Well, seeing as COVID hit The Blacklist too and we got that weird episode in May, I imagine James Spader did have a couple of hours free for recording, if your theory pans out. And I kind of hope it does.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'd love some Ultron not written by Joss Whedon

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tars Tarkas posted:

☆゚.*・。゚My theory!☆゚.*・。゚

Bring👏more👏Sassy👏Gay👏Robots👏to👏the👏MCU👏

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Oh man if james Spader comes back for ultron/white vision, im going to fan girl.

Also, since we haven't seen her since 7, is Darcy going to pop up and save Monica from Fietro?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Pretty good posted:

They haven't elaborated yet on Monica's post-hex x-rays coming up blank, right? That's the biggest dangling thread for me and I've been kind of annoyed by the total lack of acknowledgement since the episode where it came up.

I've been so weirdly fixated on it that I did lol at Heyward's "you don't have the stomach for this job" line tho

In episode 6 Darcy brings up Monica's bloodwork. She has been changed by going through the hex twice.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Spader has been listed as "Ultron (Voice)" on Google's Wandavision cast list for weeks, but it's not clear if that is an issue with Google's algorithm or not.

https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&...w=1824&bih=1038

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

kilus aof posted:

In episode 6 Darcy brings up Monica's bloodwork. She has been changed by going through the hex twice.
Yeah but where are her insides

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Pretty good posted:

I saw that less as her having no insides as much as the start of her new powers causing interference.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

The rumor mill is that, like Harry Potter, Nintendo will have a presence in all 3 Florida universal parks after the first one goes well.

Super Nintendo World in their new Epic Universe park will be first by 2024/5, a Legend of Zelda land in Islands of Adventure which would replace The Lost Continent area by 2027, and perhaps also by 2027 a Pokemon land to replace Woody Woodpeckers's Kid Zone at Universal Studios.

No idea what theyll do with the Marvel Superhero Island

Pokemon might be a more complex case since Nintendo doesn't exactly own the IP, as they had to tell shareholders after Pokemon Go blew up.

Animal Crossing Town might be more likely.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

The X-man cometh posted:

It's good for the theme park, bit they're also doing advertising for one of a rival studio's biggest assets. There has to be a Comcast-owned product worth hyping up instead.

At the same time Comcast gets to enjoy that sweet, sweet Marvel money which is more lucrative than any other in-house IP they have most likely. That's just business for you.

Plus, I don't want them to re-theme the Spider-Man ride, gently caress that.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I wonder if anything else from that episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show will be relevant to the plot.
Actually, the episode itself seems like an early-60s sitcom take on a Skrull Invasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU7Dzd16Tn4

Also, one thing I can confirm is that Mary Tyler Moore seductively riding wave of walnuts is something that I never realized was missing from my life until now.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Spader has been listed as "Ultron (Voice)" on Google's Wandavision cast list for weeks, but it's not clear if that is an issue with Google's algorithm or not.

https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&...w=1824&bih=1038

Pretty reasonable to assume this might be just a flashback/age of ultron soundclip.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Pretty good posted:

In last week's episode it showed her vision turning to seeing energy when she crossed the barrier. Even if you don't know her comic origin, that should show you how she now has a power of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Barreft posted:

Was anything ever said in interviews or w/e about why Dottie bled red in episode 2?

It’s the same thematic bit as the movie Pleasantville. Colour in the black and white world is loss of innocence.