Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

Link’s Awakening is really good, Age of Calamity is fine

I might try Link's Awakening. I don't have enough interest in a third musou after Hyrule and FE Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i've never played a musou but for some reason today i was gripped by a desire to play age of calamity. i suppose i could do a lot worse if i really really liked botw

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

The switch sucks pretty bad to hold after about half an hour with the default joycons

it's violence on my hands

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Weedle posted:

i've never played a musou but for some reason today i was gripped by a desire to play age of calamity. i suppose i could do a lot worse if i really really liked botw

Musou games are fun but they don't hold my interest for long. After playing a couple for a few hours I've gotten everything out of it I'm going to.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Weedle posted:

it probably comes off a lot better if you arent a big musou guy tbh. it goes really far out of the way to be representative to botw mechanics in a way musous usually arent for the serieses theyre based on, but conversely it does the musou stuff a lot worse than say HW1 so as a musou head I find it came up a little short.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I generally get tired of musou quickly too but I played all of "Persona 5: The Strikers" (please support the Sophia Shop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef9SesWXmRY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
P5S was far more an ARPG Persona than a musou which it only barely resembled, and yeah it surprised me how good it was

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

it probably comes off a lot better if you arent a big musou guy tbh. it goes really far out of the way to be representative to botw mechanics in a way musous usually arent for the serieses theyre based on, but conversely it does the musou stuff a lot worse than say HW1 so as a musou head I find it came up a little short.

Agreed here, I liked AoC pretty alright but if I get musou brain i'm gonna boot up HW1 instead

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I still need to play “Persona 5 The Strikers” before the end of the year. Maybe my list can have two Persona 5s on it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it like Mario Strikers?

If so

I'm interested

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

No soccer but here's some baseball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31godd4Y6Cs

I'm probably going to tack on an NG+ playthrough next July as a continuation of my real-time P5 playthrough

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Infinitum posted:

Is it like Mario Strikers?

If so

I'm interested

i was very disappointed to find this was not the case

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Every Direct I secretly hope we see a Strikers sequel.

And every Direct I leave disappointed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How about a Strikers game about a workplace going on strike

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Disco Elysium Strikers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1442141931140648964?s=20

Today/Tomorrow is the official 25th anniversary of the Sakura Wars series. Here's to a fruitful announcement at some point. :hai:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

cheetah7071 posted:

Even if I don't ever get a ps5, I'll probably get a dual shock 5 eventually because Sony makes good feeling controllers and it'll be nice to never think about micro USB ever again

The haptics are pretty cool, especially when a game like Death Stranding tunes it to 11 it feels fantastic.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_bo1kSr0do

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I did the first mission of New Sakura Wars before falling off, maybe I should jump back in

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gotta say I was skeptical of the premise that these characters were expected to put on theatrical performances without an artistic director or even a tech crew

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

A lot of Cadence of Hyrule erasure happening in the last page or so, and frankly I won’t stand for it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yeah that happened the game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

people who want smtv to be ported, you should probably want IV and Apoc to be ported first and if they do port them it'll take like 5 years

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Cadence of Hyrule was really fun, groovy mixes, and pleasant but also kind of forgettable. I think it might've been too easy but that's a hard line to draw. Regular Necrodancer I can barely make it through the first few bosses or biomes/floors whatever, certainly never got close to "beating" a run. Cadence I basically beat on first try, after a night or two of playing a bit. I know I have the other characters to beat it with but eh, not a fan of doin' the same stuff with a different character.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

A lot of Cadence of Hyrule erasure happening in the last page or so, and frankly I won’t stand for it.

that ruled, it was my #10 game of 2019 i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db5ojcAdNZY

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Playable zelda puts it ahead of most zelda games tbh, certainly above BOTW

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Khanstant posted:

Cadence of Hyrule was really fun, groovy mixes, and pleasant but also kind of forgettable. I think it might've been too easy but that's a hard line to draw. Regular Necrodancer I can barely make it through the first few bosses or biomes/floors whatever, certainly never got close to "beating" a run. Cadence I basically beat on first try, after a night or two of playing a bit. I know I have the other characters to beat it with but eh, not a fan of doin' the same stuff with a different character.

Dunno about Cadence, but in the Necrodancer the game is pretty different between the characters. They aren't just harder, they also pretty solidly change the gameplay fundamentals.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Games don't have to be magically good for years later.

Cadence was dope. I'll probably replay it at some point.

Roach Warehouse posted:

:hai:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dang didn't know y'all had me on ignore, oh well

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I remember playing Mario Strikers and discovering the secret OP technique of jumping over the goalies head instead of kicking the ball. Good game imo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If you haven't yet and you have PS+ give Predator Hunting Ground a try. It's worth it just for the nuke scramble at the end

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So what do you guys think? Should gamers rise up?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

rise up out of their chairs & take a shower

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'd rather just stay in bed with the curtains drawn

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I'd prefer if they didn't

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

You have my replica katana.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

You have my replica katana.

And my axe body spray!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So it's 5:30am because I started playing Wildermyth for the first time 7 hours ago and couldn't stop

It is very very good and my heroes are better than your heroes and I love them more than you love yours

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Only thing I'm interesting in wising up from is my gwave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

*fwom