Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Mate, government by the companies, for the companies. About the only time things happen is when enough vested interests come together to stomp a smaller vested interest on the road to the perfect ogliarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The free market will fix it.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just gotta make it profitable to not be a poo poo-stain

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Matthew Beet posted:

Geez murodese, I was gonna let you know that I'm probably going to be in Perth at the end of October for work, but after those mad burns Anidav got in on you I don't know if I want to be seen with you.

I've had enough of your hurtful hate-speech beet

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Cartoon posted:

This is a winner because it saves money! Actual Minister for Indigenous Affairs.

Nothing specific to say about the actual government though I see.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“Idiot” is the word that comes most often in Labor’s focus groups when voters are asked about the Prime Minister. And lest you’re thinking this is just what Labor would spin isn’t it, we had a confirmation this week from focus group polling conducted for Fairfax by one of Australia’s most respected focus group pollsters, Visibility’s Tony Mitchelmore, with the small caveat being that these voters didn’t describe Tony Abbott as an idiot but a fool.

Voters in Western Sydney – selected because they had switched their vote from Labor to Liberal at the 2011 NSW election – described the Prime Minister as “incompetent, an international embarrassment and a fool”.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

quote:

He acknowledged some might see it as "buying" jobs, but maintained it would be much cheaper than paying unemployment benefits to people who were not working.

$10,000 is about 40 weeks of Newstart so unless there is some mechanic in place (there won't be of course, because this is the LNP) that prevents the business from getting the $10,000 before the indigenous employee has worked 40 weeks, this will mean the above statement is false. Alternatively, the job may also not pay enough to kick someone off Newstart, which would also probably make the above statement false, depending on how much their payment would be reduced.

However, the truth of the statement could be remedied by some sort of fantastic system that prevents people from returning to the dole after a period of employment for say, six months of the year, or somesuch. The employee gets the job, the business receives the $10k, the business fires the employee immediately, the employee is now unemployed and unable to get the dole.

I'm personally not against the basic premise of offering incentives to remediate disadvantage, but anything like this put in place by the LNP will be inherently designed for open rorting and abuse by business

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Just gotta make it profitable to not be a poo poo-stain

Look, if we were just to replace the entirety of Hancock Prospecting's yearly income with a tax-paid allowance, I'm sure Gina would stop being such a colossal fuckwit.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

markgreyam posted:

Nothing specific to say about the actual government though I see.
Muppet Government?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Why can't we go back to paying them in rations?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

cpaf posted:

$10,000 is about 40 weeks of Newstart so unless there is some mechanic in place (there won't be of course, because this is the LNP) that prevents the business from getting the $10,000 before the indigenous employee has worked 40 weeks, this will mean the above statement is false. Alternatively, the job may also not pay enough to kick someone off Newstart, which would also probably make the above statement false, depending on how much their payment would be reduced.

However, the truth of the statement could be remedied by some sort of fantastic system that prevents people from returning to the dole after a period of employment for say, six months of the year, or somesuch. The employee gets the job, the business receives the $10k, the business fires the employee immediately, the employee is now unemployed and unable to get the dole.

I'm personally not against the basic premise of offering incentives to remediate disadvantage, but anything like this put in place by the LNP will be inherently designed for open rorting and abuse by business

What if they were to offer Khouri people $10,000 to get a job? That would be a sweet incentive to job hunt harder.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Birb Katter posted:

What if they were to offer Khouri people $10,000 to get a job? That would be a sweet incentive to job hunt harder.

$2500 for every ten jobs applied for in a month, capping out at $10,000 for 40 job applications a month, the magic number for success in the jobseeker cycle

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Birb Katter posted:

What's to stop them from just getting all the jobs at once, pocketing the money, then quitting?

You want to make an entire generation of job-fair queens?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I think the best way to incentivise indigenous people getting jobs is to give all of that money to Andrew Bolt so that he can whinge about the problem in his newspaper column and on The Bolt Report.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Robodog posted:

Guess which former PM just died?
Ariel Sharon.

The grief will always be fresh for me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
After all those harpoons and bullets, Harold Holt has finally collapsed after emerging from the sea and trying to reach News Corp Headquarters.

ABC reports.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anidav posted:

harpoons

I hope that isn't a fat joke mister.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No it is an ocean joke.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Anidav posted:

No it is me, I am the joke.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I tell you what, Malcolm Fraser was pretty low down on the list of people i'd like to see having a state funeral soon.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Les Affaires posted:

I tell you what, Malcolm Fraser was pretty low down on the list of people i'd like to see having a state funeral soon.

I'd like to see you having a state funeral soon, m8

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'd like to see you having a state funeral soon, m8

See you on the campaign trail then i guess.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

No it is an ocean joke.

Not even the Sea Shepherd and the Bob Barker can save your posting.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
If you come to perth Hambutt you can hang out with cool perthgoons. We're not fancy, but we're tall.

Except froglet.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

If he's here in October then I might be comfortable enough with meeting Internet People to make it this time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A fake unregistered charity based in Brisbane has been found guilty of giving all its donated money directly to the LNP under multiple names. The charity was apparently for the cause of promoting households to having an emergency plan in case of storm or fire but people who donated simply found that the "charity" gave it all to the LNP in the past and during the election campaign.

quote:

Mr Andrews said the charity had not "accepted donations" for 12-18 months but admitted to continuing to operate the barbecues with the proceeds going to "getting the message out into the community that everyone really needs to have an emergency plan".

"That's not seeking donations," he said.

"That's selling a sausage and giving out information on being disaster relief prepared."

quote:

Fairfax Media could find no record of bank statements being made publicly available, however donation records lodged with the Electoral Commission of Queensland showed The First 24 Hrs Foundation did make a $7400 donation to the LNP in August 2013.

A further $6300 was donated to the LNP in 2013 under the name The International Public Safety Group, which is listed under the same Collingwood Park address as The First 24 Hrs Foundation.

quote:

In the only annual information statement The First 24 Hrs Foundation lodged with the regulator in 2013, the charity said it had helped Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, migrants, children, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex persons, elderly people, people with disabilities and ethnic people.

It specifically mentions sponsorship and donation to the Cherbourg Aboriginal Community annual football tournament.

Warren Collins, president of the Cherbourg Hornets Rugby League Club, told Fairfax Media he knew of no donation or sponsorship to his team.

http://first24hrs.org

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

A fake unregistered charity based in Brisbane has been found guilty of giving all its donated money directly to the LNP under multiple names. The charity was apparently for the cause of promoting households to having an emergency plan in case of storm or fire but people who donated simply found that the "charity" gave it all to the LNP in the past and during the election campaign.

:stare:

Endman
May 18, 2010

It's very important to have an emergency plan when your LNP government has defunded all the fire departments.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

RIP Malcolm Fraser. The last liberal Liberal. Say what you want about the old boy, but I still think he's the last decent primeminister. And by decent I mean "Not a complete grub" like every PM since.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Yup.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Holy loving god.

There are literally no depths that won't be stooped to.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

What's the source on this? Not that I don't believe you of course, but :stonk: that's dodgy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'd like to remind the thread that this is BEFORE the current ALP Government reverses the publicized donation laws back to where it was. When they do, every Newman Government donation will be made public.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the source on this? Not that I don't believe you of course, but :stonk: that's dodgy.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/brisbane-charity-never-registered-continues-to-solicit-funds-20150319-1m32jp.html

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I would be remiss in my duty as a shitposteer if I did not give you your dose of First Dog:

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 20, 2015

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
If I wanted to read an essay I'd be at uni right now

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

In theory, I'd be unsummoned if any of my planeteers stopped using their powers.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anidav posted:

In theory, I'd be unsummoned if any of my planeteers stopped using their powers.

That's not helping the case for First Dog

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Anidav posted:

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Pickled Tink posted:

your dose of First Dog

:neckbeard:

• Locked thread