Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Let's get Hot for Teacher! :quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I, too, would like a revote! Look at Haruhi, and how adorable she is! How could we, in good consciousness, steal her man?

Also, Wakaouji has a route that I think is very suited to a English LP in a hilarious way, so I've been hoping we'd go for it, like I was hoping we'd go for Serika's in 3.*

*Please note that to my knowledge, no other route will ever be close to as amazing as Serika's.

Charlett posted:

I went for Teru, and honestly I found him pretty fun. I like their dynamic much more than super hard boy from GS1 because basically it is just two people constantly trolling each other until they realize that they secretly love trolls. And then there are more mermaid analogies. It was pretty cool and I really enjoyed it.

Sometimes when playing his route, I get the impression that part of Teru's consciousness has transcended the bindings of the game to intentionally troll the player and their expectations of how a Tokimemo game plays.
"You gave the arty response here? gently caress you for being boring."
"I have a specific interest in this thing here so why DIDN'T you give the arty response? God."
"Holy poo poo, you are being a giant nerd with that response, lighten up."
"Hey, we're talking about cars here, how could you NOT give me the giant nerd response?"
I would argue that it actually makes sense in a study-the-character-to-see-what-he-likes gameplay on a target character that is actually a giant mess in how his conflicting personality traits mess with his perception. Which, refreshingly, the PC herself will notice and joke about in her lines and inner monologues. Which of course leads to lots of wonderful back and forth trolling.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Catalina posted:

*Please note that to my knowledge, no other route will ever be close to as amazing as Serika's.

I can dream, dammit.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Count me among the people regretting their Harry votes. I still think he's neat, but cockblocking Haruhi would be terrible! :ohdear:

Can't exactly demand my vote be switched since my second vote was already for Wakaouji, though.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
Since those votes were just for hanging out with guys, couldn't we just go on a few field trip dates with Wakaoji in addition to hanging out with Harry and Motoharu? I think Harry's the only one of the three who can actually bomb us anyway... And we still need to hang out with him to make sure he's worthy of Haruhi.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
All this Teru talk makes me want to see his route so bad :allears:

And yes, getting between Harry and Haruhi feels awful :(

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Yeah, let's not break our best friend's heart. My other vote was for our first kiss, anyway. I can't help it, he reminds me of Prince Baka from Level E.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Welp. I was originally going to post a poll asking which club Siren should join, but I suppose it's now time to join the track team.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Yay! :neckbeard:

Please tell me we're going to rewind time so that we can go on the first extra-curricular class, Wakaouji taking us to the theater to see Fahrenheit 9/11

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

vibratingsheep posted:

Welp. I was originally going to post a poll asking which club Siren should join, but I suppose it's now time to join the track team.

That was going to be my vote anyway. Partly because I think we may as well do one of the teacher routes, and this one's apparently actually interesting unlike the previous ones. I also like the hilarious dissonance of Siren becoming one of the best high school runners in Japan, perhaps THE best, yet still unable to finish the 100m dash at the sports festivals in under a minute thanks to emulator touch-screen controls.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's neat how Teru and Haruhi are both venting to us in their own ways.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

But hang on, isn't there a whole "Rival" thing that happens when you go after the guy your best friend wants in the Girls Side games? That'd be interesting to see, if that is in fact a thing.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

But hang on, isn't there a whole "Rival" thing that happens when you go after the guy your best friend wants in the Girls Side games? That'd be interesting to see, if that is in fact a thing.
We kinda already had a glimpse of having a Rival while Goonko bested Tamami in her quest to woo Kazuma in the previous Girl's Side game.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I started reading through a manga called Yandere Kanojo on a whim (the yan is for "yankee", not the usual yandere) and came across this page, explaining the origin of one of the characters:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tarezax posted:

I started reading through a manga called Yandere Kanojo on a whim (the yan is for "yankee", not the usual yandere) and came across this page, explaining the origin of one of the characters:

That's crazy.

Somebody actually liked her?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The author liked Emi, not Yukiko, according to the second panel. Yukiko is just more, uh, representative of the game.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

BlazeEmblem posted:

That's crazy.

Somebody actually liked her?

Don't bomb-shame.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side: Everyone is Trying To Keep You From Going to the Flea Market.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Just meditate on vivid.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Just meditate on vivid.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Haifisch posted:

Just meditate on vivid.

Augh! Trilby! Kill it with fire before Siren catches the MRA.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

A future of trolling

Just as an FYI to the thread, I have gone back a bit and redone a few months, in order to craft what I think will be the most satisfying path for the thread. This means that I've gone back all the way to the beginning and shifted Siren's boy preferences to a little arrogant and handsome, of course

This is what lies ahead, when I have more time to work on the LP and less time to drink at GDC:

Haruhi: Say, Ren...

Haruhi: When we have a day out like this, ya probably shouldn't just cling ta me...
Siren: Huh?
Haruhi: Well, what I'm sayin' is, it's more fun ta ride with different people.
Haruhi: Wait a sec!

Haruhi: No way... were ya after me from the beginnin'?

Haruhi: Y'know, it's fun ta be with ya! Real fun!
Haruhi: It's fun ta ta be with ya, but to... BE with ya...
Haruhi: Danger!
Haruhi: DANGER!

Siren: (She ran off... did I do something wrong?)

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
We've clearly picked the right best friend this time around; I don't know if any of the rest would have as good of a reaction to the double-date. :allears: I'd also be okay with competing against Harry for Haruhi's affections instead of the other way around.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nondevor posted:

I'd also be okay with competing against Harry for Haruhi's affections instead of the other way around.

If this was possible, you can be sure it'd have my vote. Haruhi's already great.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

So where the rest of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series has general riffs on the consoles themselves and only relatively minor references to individual games, the SRPG spinoff on the Vita has characters representing entire game series. The reps for Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy join at the same time, for example (after you solve their catfight by force).

I just hit the chapter that introduces the Tokimemo expy, Saori:

She starts off with a big scene where everyone makes snarky remarks about the incredibly-cliche Legendary Tree. This should be interesting...

(She's also the only character so far in the entire game to actually use honorifics, which of course everyone else takes note of confusedly. :sigh:)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Raitzeno posted:

So where the rest of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series has general riffs on the consoles themselves and only relatively minor references to individual games, the SRPG spinoff on the Vita has characters representing entire game series. The reps for Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy join at the same time, for example (after you solve their catfight by force).

I just hit the chapter that introduces the Tokimemo expy, Saori:

She starts off with a big scene where everyone makes snarky remarks about the incredibly-cliche Legendary Tree. This should be interesting...

(She's also the only character so far in the entire game to actually use honorifics, which of course everyone else takes note of confusedly. :sigh:)
Yeah, well, while you've been playing your creepy anime game for creepy anime creeps, I've been playing a game for well-adjusted grown-ups.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Your move. :colbert:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, well, while you've been playing your creepy anime game for creepy anime creeps, I've been playing a game for well-adjusted grown-ups.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Explosion! Chairman Ki~ck!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FractalSandwich posted:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

She had better have trained under The Great Saiyaman.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Just meditate on vivid.

This image inspired me to find the perfect outerwear to match that combo. Behold....Ultra Vivid!
The only drawback I can see is that outfit is now a 3/6 Sexy, instead of a 5/6 Sexy.

(The fashion system in TMGS3 is great, you guys.)

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
I don't even care what the boys are like, anymore. I just wanna play dress up.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
All this talk about Teru made me want to see his route, so I finally caved.

I'm not even done yet but the first birthday present he gives you is a capybara stuffed animal holy poo poo :kimchi: Teru confirmed for best boy

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dungeon Man posted:

I'm not even done yet but the first birthday present he gives you is a capybara stuffed animal holy poo poo :kimchi: Teru confirmed for best boy

VOTING FOR TERU.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

The cast on GS2 is like the cast for TM2, all the characters are awesome you end up wanting to force Sheep to play all their routes. Every time you go on a route, you see another boy pop up and think to yourself, "why didn't I date him this game? Why can't I date all the boys?"
Somehow, they manage to do top that with GS3 cast. :psyduck:

Dungeon Man posted:

The text in the fan translation isn't really clear, but IIRC the reason he gives you that is because he thinks that your character looks like/is like a capybara. Weird, but you know, still cute! I'm pretty sure he mentions something to that effect on a Zoo date. So, you know, a love story between trolls.

The funniest awful date I ever ended up having with Teru was going to the Puppy and Kitten Land at the Zoo, and telling him "Cats and dogs fight because they get along so well". He just disgustedly stared at the protagonist, and you could just hear him thinking, "I KNOW you are talking about us, and I'm going to give you a worst date penalty for that."

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Catalina posted:

The text in the fan translation isn't really clear, but IIRC the reason he gives you that is because he thinks that your character looks like/is like a capybara. Weird, but you know, still cute! I'm pretty sure he mentions something to that effect on a Zoo date. So, you know, a love story between trolls.

Capybaras spend most of their lives in the water!

Ya know!

Like Mermaids!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

BattleCattle posted:

Capybaras spend most of their lives in the water!

Ya know!

Like Mermaids!

That is an amazing thing I never realized about the route :aaa:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Been off of my intended pace for a bit, and I'm sorry about that. I have a lot of material to go through and it's piling up, but I'm suspending the stream for the next couple of weeks and won't be able to update until close to the end of the month, either.

In the meantime, please continue discussing how TMGS 2 has a great cast. Just look at how lovable this face is.

Keep your hands on your panties, ladies, because they're liable to fly off when this smoldering hunk points his gaze at you.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 20, 2015

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I go away for a while and so much happens...

Before Kojima's high-profile falling out with Konami, a couple of very important names to the Tokimemo franchise also parted ways with the company: producer Uchida Akira, AKA Uchi-P, and character designer Mino Taro left the company a few days ago.

Also, I found out Takadanobaba Mikado is the greatest arcade in history, because they run tournaments for the Tokimemo arcade game. No, not the puzzle one. It's 1997's Tokimeki Memorial: Oshiete Your Heart, the one affectionately known as "The one you stick your finger into." It has a biosensor that measures perspiration and heart rate, and certain responses only work at certain levels of excitement/calm. It's pretty hilarious.

Okay, actually, it's amazingly hilarious. The tournament series is called The 男祭, AKA "The Sausage Fest", and it's been run so far on Christmas Eve, Valentine's Day, and White Day.

Sausage Fest 1: Christmas edition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_AJ32eu_j0
Sausage Fest 2: Valentine's Edition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfClLZrijc

I need them to upload that Sausage Fest 3 video really badly, because it was a 2v2 tournament - one person was the finger, the other made all the choices.

See you guys soon.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The first (?) co-op dating sim!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

vibratingsheep posted:

Also, I found out Takadanobaba Mikado is the greatest arcade in history, because they run tournaments for the Tokimemo arcade game. No, not the puzzle one. It's 1997's Tokimeki Memorial: Oshiete Your Heart, the one affectionately known as "The one you stick your finger into." It has a biosensor that measures perspiration and heart rate, and certain responses only work at certain levels of excitement/calm. It's pretty hilarious.

Okay, actually, it's amazingly hilarious. The tournament series is called The 男祭, AKA "The Sausage Fest", and it's been run so far on Christmas Eve, Valentine's Day, and White Day.

This is absolutely the last kind of game I expected to have a tournament following

:psyduck:

e: oh my god this is such an enthralling watch they're just so loving into it.

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

This is absolutely the last kind of game I expected to have a tournament following

:psyduck:

Would you believe if I said that, in another thread on this very forum, there is video footage of me commentating a money match of Neo Turf Masters? What if I claimed that we're trying to acquire one of these machines to see if we can run our own version of Sausage Fest?

What I'm trying to say is, my friends are a bunch of knuckleheads who will run a tournament for anything.

• Locked thread