Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I pretend I dont, but I totally use the anesthetic dart gun from vanilla expanded to hunt thrumbos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mortars

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

This religious ceremony needs fewer elephants :T

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Did they make it so you can't get them drunk and wall them off?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

StrixNebulosa posted:

This religious ceremony needs fewer elephants :T

Good LORD what is happening out there?!

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Are those weird alien animals and biomes from alpha animals? I'm kinda getting bored of how normal vanilla animals/bimoes are (loved spawning my dwarf fort in cursed biomes with eyeball plants and blood rain in dwarf fortress).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ughhhh posted:

Are those weird alien animals and biomes from alpha animals? I'm kinda getting bored of how normal vanilla animals/bimoes are (loved spawning my dwarf fort in cursed biomes with eyeball plants and blood rain in dwarf fortress).

I think so but I guarantee there are other animals and biomes in this list. I have everything but one (Yayo's endgame) turned on.

Danaru posted:

Good LORD what is happening out there?!

- Preston is becoming religious leader as she's earned it.
- 16 of those pawns are refugees who are working for us for asylum for 20 days. At the end of this period they will either join up, leave, or try to kill us all. I've built a prison for their final day so if they go violent I can lock 'em in.
- There were 17 refugees but one snapped and tried to break something important so he's in regular jail now being converted to our religion before I probably enslave him
- Leonid is a guest from another faction who is here for a week to work and hang out before leaving.
- Ripley is the rhino who wants you to join his religion.
- Nanet is a dinocrocuta who used to be human and he is losing the war against his animal side but until then he gets to go to church with everyone else.
- East Green is another former human who also needs to be converted to the best religion so they'll stop trying to convert people.
- Rae and Wendy are the children of our original colonists, they're both very sad right now because I haven't gotten them body mods. Occasionally since they're teenagers they throw tantrums. (I've since fixed the mod setting so that when the pregnant person gives birth it's an actual baby instead of a 15 year old as that's weird)

I think that's everything!

e: I've also been grabbing more animal and alien species mods, I love having diverse colonies full of weirdos. I'll take the furry species because fuckit why not they're cute, but I won't take the anime ones or the sex ones because I don't want that kind of game.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 22, 2021

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

My pawns decided to throw a giant party :allears:

I love love love the Yayo's animations mod, everything is so much more fun to watch, and the dialogue from I think 1-2-3 personality / speech bubbles is aces. (Though that could be vanilla expanded stuff as well, I added all of that)

e: Then one of my prisoners flipped OUT

Loure
Jan 1, 2021

ughhhh posted:

If you want alien biomes, you should definitely use alpha animals: biomes.

It has an occulous forest that has eye-trees and basically what you had in dwarf fortress. It's also very red.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ughhhh posted:

the rainbow grass is definitely not alpha biomes. Both of those are good for livening things up tho, as are Biomes! Islands and Oasis

a bunch of other mods also have built-in compatibility with the alpha stuff, so if you like installing lots of bullshit you'll occasionally get some unexpected fun bonus interaction like the ability to shove weird alien DNA into your pawns' brains and turn them into psychic soothe beacons (side effects may apply)

Heffer
May 1, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the rainbow grass is definitely not alpha biomes. Both of those are good for livening things up tho, as are Biomes! Islands and Oasis

a bunch of other mods also have built-in compatibility with the alpha stuff, so if you like installing lots of bullshit you'll occasionally get some unexpected fun bonus interaction like the ability to shove weird alien DNA into your pawns' brains and turn them into psychic soothe beacons (side effects may apply)

I thought I had a galaxy brain moment when I realized my pet anima collosus had six eyes, and figured I could shove six eyes lasers from A Dog Said in there, but it doesn't work that way.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

tragic imho

I guess there's some kind of hardcoded restrictions on body plans cause all I want to do is turn people into The Thing monsters but every mod only gives you two real arms and legs that do anything and a bunch of cosmetic fluff

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 22, 2021

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

alright uh good luck with that surgery guys. i'm sure you'll get it eventually

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

alright uh good luck with that surgery guys. i'm sure you'll get it eventually

They planning on packing him full of herbal medicine and use him as a scare crow obviously.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TipsyMcStagger posted:

They planning on packing him full of herbal medicine and use him as a scare crow obviously.

Hey if you have an easier way, I'm all ears

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I’m pretty sure there are bands of traveling grifters roaming the Rimworld scamming tribes out of their herbal medicine. I had one come along the day I finished harvesting a huge crop of herbal meds, and they asked for 125x. My colony has charity precepts so I gave it to them, then watched in horror as their map exit route pathed them through the maze I built to contain a mech cluster full of active turrets.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Kestral posted:

I’m pretty sure there are bands of traveling grifters roaming the Rimworld scamming tribes out of their herbal medicine. I had one come along the day I finished harvesting a huge crop of herbal meds, and they asked for 125x. My colony has charity precepts so I gave it to them, then watched in horror as their map exit route pathed them through the maze I built to contain a mech cluster full of active turrets.

:allears:

God I missed playing Rimworld, I love the batshit stories that come out of it.

I've given Amazing Cultivation Simulator some real earnest shots this past month and while I enjoy it and the puzzlebox of its nesting systems, it really gave me a hankering for Rimworld, as Rimworld just nails down the whole "sims but they have to survive" thing perfectly and then you add mods and it gets even more bananas in ways that gel nicely with its existing systems. I also enjoy combat in Rimworld a lot more because ACS combat is either "let the cultivator kill it" or "watch two cultivators stare at each other while their artifacts fly around and their Qi decreases and whoever runs out of Qi first loses" and gimme gunshot wounds to treat any day.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The main reason I play anything besides Rimworld is because I hit a point in my colony where my CPU cant keep up and then I get bummed out

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Looks like there's a big new Vanilla Expanded Architect module that replaces and supplements things like heavy bridges, more floors, and what not. Pretty handy overall, but this addition made me laugh...

Guess that shows what Oskar thinks about the new raids. :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pretty late game given the fabrication requirements anyway. I just use the turtle friendly raids mod and got over it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
heavy bridges are dope, I like that addition a lot

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Retired simply more bridges for this, my only regret is that they didn't include deep water bridges, I liked my little offshore complex

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Unfortunately no, but thanks. My issue is needing something that allows me to copy existing outfits and as it turns out, there was one that fit the bill:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180718516

I can't believe I lasted this long without it. The ability to save outfits, drug regimes and production settings makes getting set up in a new game so much easier. Plus, you can load an existing outfit as a new copy which basically mimics the loadout 'copy' function.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Asimo posted:

Looks like there's a big new Vanilla Expanded Architect module that replaces and supplements things like heavy bridges, more floors, and what not. Pretty handy overall, but this addition made me laugh...

lol

but that lawn flooring isn't gonna look right at all without a pawn permanently tasked to circling around on it with a riding mower

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 23, 2021

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

StrixNebulosa posted:

God I missed playing Rimworld, I love the batshit stories that come out of it.

In that case, here's one that happened tonight!

Refugees. Or, "refugees," since they're always goddamned traitors, I don't even know why I bother with them anymore. Oh wait, yes, charity precepts, poo poo. Well, I've had a bunch of "refugees" with me for a while, mostly turning rocks into bricks whenever they aren't having Very Neurotic Tortured Artist meltdowns. Most of a season passes, their time is nearly up, and things have been weirdly peaceful. The most action we've gotten happens this night, when two of our neighboring tribes end up fighting on our doorstep. Normally I'd ignore this, but I'm actually married in to one of those tribes after rescuing a cool raider who then fell in love with a colonist, so I felt some obligation to intervene. A bloody battle led to a hilarious pile of bodies, and most of my heavy-hitters sleeping in the hospital with various non-life-threatening but temporarily debilitating cuts and cracks.

This is, of course, the moment the "refugees" decided to grab hatchets and try to murder us all, presumably because they now outnumbered the uninjured-but-unarmed tribesfolk two to one.

I'd settled them all in teepees just north of the muffalo pens, so when they flipped the traitor switch, a whole bunch of them all woke up at once and came rushing out, right into the path of my shaman Wren. Unfortunately, Wren has zero combat skills, no armor, and but has an absolutely vital skillset, being the only person with meaningful Intellectual, Social, and Medical. I cannot lose this pawn. Unfortunately, he's also slower than the three traitors who are now running straight at him with hatchets. Fortunately, Wren has a friend! Jet, an SOS2 afterlife casket hologram, was hauling medicine nearby when this all went down, and while holograms can't carry weapons or armor (other than a built-in decent laser), they also can't be permanently killed, only disabled for 24 hours upon "death." Jet does the needful and rushes in, shotgunning hologram lasers as she goes. The enemy reaches her, a melee ensues, but Wren has gotten a little distance while holo-friend gets hacked to pieces. Meanwhile, a stray hologram laser has popped the fence to the muffalo pen.

Oh. Here's the muffalo pen, from an earlier save:

Yes, that's 30ish muffalo plus calves, temporarily crammed into a tiny space while I revamped the base design with all those new stone blocks. Not pictured: the gap in the fence through which a wall of terrified muffalo begin streaming, rushing toward the fight for some reason. This is the moment I remember the other thing Wren has going for him: a level 6 psylink with Manhunter Pulse.

(Recreated from an autosave save, since I didn't think to screenshot it in the moment)

Yes. Yes, that seems sensible.

And that's the story of how 30+ manhunting muffalo took over Starfall Colony, and are now laying siege to my hospital, where my huddled survivors wait for the psy-pulse to wear off. The huddled survivors, and faithful, stalwart Muffalo 29, who was in the hospital when the pulse went off (???) and has been keeping the sick and injured company with her great fluffy bulk in their time of need.

PiCroft posted:

Unfortunately no, but thanks. My issue is needing something that allows me to copy existing outfits and as it turns out, there was one that fit the bill:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180718516

I can't believe I lasted this long without it. The ability to save outfits, drug regimes and production settings makes getting set up in a new game so much easier. Plus, you can load an existing outfit as a new copy which basically mimics the loadout 'copy' function.

This is incredible and I am installing it right now. Thanks for posting this!

DwarvenZombie
Aug 3, 2014

Asimo posted:

We rust now :coolslime:

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Oh God. I made my first marine armor and suddenly raids got ridiculously bigger and I don't know how to deal with them

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Anyone get weird results trying to deliver paste to prisoners? It might be because I only have the one machine and my goons use it too, but I find half the time my warden will wait until the prisoner collapses of malnutrition to actually feed them :ohdear:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Danaru posted:

Anyone get weird results trying to deliver paste to prisoners? It might be because I only have the one machine and my goons use it too, but I find half the time my warden will wait until the prisoner collapses of malnutrition to actually feed them :ohdear:

the dispenser doesn't get reserved when someone goes to use it so this is a problem with your warden prioritization.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well at least I dont need another dispenser.

Come to think of it, the reason they get rescued and fed immediately is probably because it switches to doctoring rather than warden at that point, I'll have to see what my dumb rear end did when I get home

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

my prisoners never get fed paste either, I assume it's connected to whatever special status the dispenser has where you can't order someone to use it the way you can any other workstation.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Once my prison and corn fields are running smoothly, I plan to just stick simple meals into wall fridges and let them feed their drat selves. EPOE Forked tanks organ prices to like 1/5th of normal, so now people might actually be worth more than their organs and worth selling into slavery

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Prisoners will feed themselves if you put a paste dispenser in their wall

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah that's my go-to prison design, with a little cubby for the hoppers on the outside.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I prefer everyone in their own cells, since it makes my brain do the good chemical more, so I'm limited to wall fridges :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I’ve never seen the point of specific prison building. I just repurpose bedrooms.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Pretty sure the only utility reason to have a prison with a common area is to allow free-feeding on paste rather than using pawn labor

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I just make a big rectangular room with some beds and either plant daylilies all over the dirt floor(early game) or stuff it full of art(late game).

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tried putting all my prisoners in one big communal cell/surgical ward and that mighta been a more optimal way to cheese paste distribution or whatever but having all those chumps milling around the room having snacks while they watched their buddies go under the knife gave off entirely the wrong vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
You can have individual cells linked to a common area with a paste dispenser/tables and just hold the doors open between. As long as the way out of the common area is still closed they won't escape and they'll be able to use the communal facilities while still getting the benefits of a private cell.