Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Click for Yuuge

Take a close look at this. Would you have any idea that it's a resin recast of a ghostkeel until you started snipping it apart? it's pretty amazing...

Once you do go over it closely, all the weird little errors pop out, like very thin surfaces and such, but it's still a pretty amazing copy of a plastic design. I have no idea which recaster it's from, as a friend gave it to me for use as a terrain piece or similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Does anyone know where to get something like the ball and joint flying bases? I got a few landspeeders that came with them and I really like them, they let me make my toys look like that are banking into a turn or something. They look like this, but I haven't been able to find anything like them that you can buy.

Steel BB and a magnet?

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Does anyone know where to get something like the ball and joint flying bases? I got a few landspeeders that came with them and I really like them, they let me make my toys look like that are banking into a turn or something. They look like this, but I haven't been able to find anything like them that you can buy.

You can probly get them elsewhere cheeper, but GW actually do these - £3 for 5 32mm ones
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Ball-Top-Flying-Stems-with-32mm-Flying-Bases

or £3 for 3 of the 60mm ones
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Ball-Top-Flying-Stems-with-60mm-Flying-Bases

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Email Matt Sprange at Mongoose and see if he can sell you some.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Frobbe posted:

Click for Yuuge

Take a close look at this. Would you have any idea that it's a resin recast of a ghostkeel until you started snipping it apart? it's pretty amazing...

Once you do go over it closely, all the weird little errors pop out, like very thin surfaces and such, but it's still a pretty amazing copy of a plastic design. I have no idea which recaster it's from, as a friend gave it to me for use as a terrain piece or similar.

I bought a Wraithknight that was recast but sold as a genuine GW model, see my post history in this thread to see how I dealt with that. It wasn't until I tried gluing the parts with plastic glue, and looking closer at the parts, that I realized it was fake.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So sick of squad insignia transfers, there any pauldrons that have them already?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Uroboros posted:

So sick of squad insignia transfers, there any pauldrons that have them already?

Depending on your army, yeah

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-C...cat440130a-flat

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Dont buy these. They are too small for current marines.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I'm sure you can find them on Shapeways mixed amongst the Pedobear and swastika shoulder pads.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Convince me not to build an awful, anime-ostentatious Coldstar battlesuit.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Look at this guy's conversions. They are nuts!

https://eternalhunt.wordpress.com/world-eaters-dramatis-personae/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ooh, these are nice

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

DJ Dizzy posted:

Dont buy these. They are too small for current marines.

I've noticed they're too small for Raptor arms, but they seemed to work just fine for bolter arms on my CSMs. I haven't bought any of the new tacticals/devastators/assault marines in a long time though, so I can't vouch for those--you may be right.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

LingcodKilla posted:

Steel BB and a magnet?

AKA this technique: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/128587-magnets-how-they-work-for-x-wing-miniatures/

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Any news on the Stealer Cult getting a mini dex?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Lungboy posted:

Any news on the Stealer Cult getting a mini dex?

Blood Angels and Tyranids are appearing in campaign books this year, I would imagine in a sequel to the Shield of Baal campaign. That would be the logical time to put out the Cult Codex.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Never seen those ring magnets. Time to get the ol' credit card out.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah those are pretty awesome, might have to get some for all my skimmers.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
So I'm probably going to a mini tournament where you bring 1000pts of friendly stuff for armies you've been painting lately. I'm considering bring the Ghosar Quintus formation along with an advanced Tyranid patrol of Deathleaper and two units of five Genestealers and a Broodlord, one Broodlord has Toxins Sacs (for the extra 10pts).

I'm assuming that the Deathleaper and Genestealers tax is enough to make this fluffy and "friendly" but I wanted to make sure.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
So I had already painted up one Forgefiend a while back, but I had another sitting around that I wasn't sure what to do with, plus an unpainted Warpsmith when lo and behold the new Black Legion supplement came out with the Daemon Engine Pack formation (2 mauler/forgefiends + a warpsmith), and it was good enough to cause me to paint these guys up. I also added some missing armor plates onto my 3 plasma Forgefiend, just to shore them up. The autocannons and head on the right forgefiend are magnetized, should I want to swap out his weapons at some point. I think the formation generally works better with forgefiends though, where giving the autocannon fiend BS5 every turn is a huge boost.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Those forgefiends looks awesome, as does the warpsmith. You will have to let us know how the formation holds up.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Not expecting anything from this, but on the off chance...

Any goons have some unused Void Dragons transfers from the Forge World Eldar Corsair transfer sheet they'd be willing to part with? I'm specifically looking for the size that would do well on the canopy of a jetbike.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Never seen those ring magnets. Time to get the ol' credit card out.

Same here, thanks for the link.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Phyresis posted:

Don't buy the battleforce, make a jetbike list. Get lots of Eldar Windrider kits and as many Eldar Farseer Skyrunners (the kit also makes a Warlock Skyrunner) as you need. You'll want at least one Farseer for your HQ and a Warlock for every Windrider unit. I'd start with three units of Windriders, which would be ten boxes. I'd look on ebay because they're a lot cheaper online.

Thanks for the info! That's a bit expensive in terms of dollars per point, but it definitely sounds like the best way to field and utilise plenty of Warlocks.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
New Flyers incoming:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The missile pods are cradling the engines.

I'm talking about the SM flyer, since I could have been saying that about the park plane.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Oh man space marines totally needed a new flyer with even more guns

E: More photos here https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/713

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 25, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Wow, they managed to make the Storm Talon uglier.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I like the look of it but it is a lazy lazy design.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Lord Twisted posted:

I like the look of it but it is a lazy lazy design.

It's definitely just an add-on kit to the Storm Talon

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's definitely just an add-on kit to the Storm Talon

I'm not so sure.

The landing-gear-turret poo poo is changed, fine. The canopy replaced with a solid piece, ok. Sensors and canards cover the mount points for the weapons on the Storm Talon.

The problem is that the vertical stab is half the size and that is part of the big body clamshell. It lookes entirely new to me.

EDIT: ignore me. The stab is the same.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 25, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
They also used both missile pods from the kit and jammed one set around the engines. I think it looks kinda cool though, I really like the armored cockpit. The Ork one is Deff Skwadron as gently caress.

SRM fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 25, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Reminds me of the DA land speeder with the gunner's head right next to the giant plasma cannon, to make sure he gets his face covered with plasma.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's like I'm painting a giant page from a coloring book.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Wow another blobby guppy thing that looks like it should just fall out of the air (or like a helicopter, but without blades).

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
And now a little more color. More tp come Wednesday.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I get that they wanted to make the Stormtalon a dual kit, but this is what they come up with? Jesus Christ. This is some dialed-in, lazy poo poo modelling right here. Looks like it has a storm cannon - The Stalker's storm cannon array is 48", S7, AP4, Heavy 4 but it has two cannons so I'd suspect that the single one is Heavy 2. Twin-linked assault cannon and some sort of stupid-poo poo missiles round out the package.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

New Flyers incoming:

"Wazbom Blastajet"???

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Thirsty Dog posted:

"Wazbom Blastajet"???

Looks like it's packing 2 Kustom Mega Kannons & a Smasha Gun lol j/k they're not Kannons, just BS2 Blastas, & all 3 weapons have Gets Hot! Plus, the Kustom Force Field is 75 points for a 5+ invuln on an AV10 flyer but no bubble to cover other models and that's 215 points naked with a quarter of the options of the Marine flyer. To make an attack, roll on a random table with a 1/6 chance to lose the model to suicide.

I'm already drafting new rules for it in my head for the 7th Ed. Ork Codex Update. I haven't hosed around with any formations yet, but have fixed all three superheavies, done costs, added weapons, & updated the core rules on the BattleScribe catalogue. Just a few more tweaks & it'll be good to go for an alpha release.

Design input question: should Boyz just be naturally S4, & replace Furious Charge with Hammer of Wrath? Nobz could keep it to maintain balance. S3 sort of flies in the face of all the lore, given that according to it, I could personally arm-wrestle a Boy to a standstill, just like Guardsmen & Eldar. I imagine this would not make a significant change, especially since if Boyz are the ones getting charged, they're already boned for going last.

E: Well I'll be zogged, it's 2 KMKs & a Smasha Gun that descriptions seem to indicate acts like a mini Lifta-Droppa.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Design input question: should Boyz just be naturally S4, & replace Furious Charge with Hammer of Wrath? Nobz could keep it to maintain balance. S3 sort of flies in the face of all the lore, given that according to it, I could personally arm-wrestle a Boy to a standstill, just like Guardsmen & Eldar. I imagine this would not make a significant change, especially since if Boyz are the ones getting charged, they're already boned for going last.

Have them start at S3 per standard, but add in for every game turn that a unit is involved in combat it adds +1S until that combat resolves.

• Locked thread