Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

I have been missed!

Also, wondering if I should just forget about the dragonforge bases from the end of the last thread. It's almost been a year :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Ledgem posted:

I have been missed!

Also, wondering if I should just forget about the dragonforge bases from the end of the last thread. It's almost been a year :ohdear:.

I was waiting about a year, but I got mine just the other week. Keep waiting, they'll show up eventually.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ledgem posted:

I have been missed!

Not just you!

Krushgroove, you're missing Ledgem, Slimnoid, SRM, and thiswayliesmadness.

Germ posted:

I'm hoping it'll count for a "I rolled a 6".

Seems like it should.

Ledgem posted:

Question about the diorama; if I decide to do one should I oath addition the unpainted terrain piece for it? Also would it count as one or just a fancy base if I did say, The hooded rider puppet there on a street infront of a brick wall casting a shadow that looks like its proper Malifaux model. I'd post an image of it anyway should I get that little scene built in time but was mostly wondering if just an image or an official "oath addition" picture would be required.

When you do a diorama, you should "oath" the model in as completed state as possible, but unpainted. Obviously that's always got some wiggle room: you often have to paint things before assembly, pour some water effects goo, glue on flowers, whatever. That's all fine. Your diorama can be as big or small as you like, fancy or plain, it's pretty much up to you.

Just remember, your diorama entry isn't eligible for judgement in the regular monthly Oath judging, even if you do it all in a single month. You have until the end of April to finish it.

There's also the "get based out" contest, but for that one, you need to have your finished model + base be "playable" for the system... it sounds like with a brick wall on it, that malifaux thing probably wouldn't still be a tabletop playable mini, so if that's your plan I'd say yeah, do it as your diorama.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do this month of February oath 10 Chaos Space Marines. Games-Workshop 28mm.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 6 Games-Workshop Space Marines.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Ledgem posted:

I have been missed!

I know most of the other DF winners have slowly but gradually been getting their prizes now. If you don't have it by the end of the month, fire me off a PM.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, hereby oath the following:

12 GW Warhammer Night Goblins
1 piece of unit filler

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
gently caress it lets oath something!

I'm oathing 2 Plague 3D, 2 Plague 3A, and 1 Plague 3A w/ HMG from Mantic's Deadzone:

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Not to beat a dead horse as I'm sure there's tons of people waiting on their own prizes, but has anyone gotten anything from Games & Gears? I haven't heard a thing from anyone (I could desperately use some new brushes too).

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Brock Samsonite posted:

Not to beat a dead horse as I'm sure there's tons of people waiting on their own prizes, but has anyone gotten anything from Games & Gears? I haven't heard a thing from anyone (I could desperately use some new brushes too).

I haven't received my brush yet, but I understand Krushgroove is paying for the shipment from his own pocket, so I'm content to wait until the end of season to see if I end up winning something else to ship combined.

A question about Box art bonus, does it have to be official art that's currently in use? I was considering painting a few relictors, as seen here. Those pictures are from old White Dwarves/Codices but they aren't used in any current GW media.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I haven't received my brush yet, but I understand Krushgroove is paying for the shipment from his own pocket, so I'm content to wait until the end of season to see if I end up winning something else to ship combined.

A question about Box art bonus, does it have to be official art that's currently in use? I was considering painting a few relictors, as seen here. Those pictures are from old White Dwarves/Codices but they aren't used in any current GW media.

I've done box art stuff on GW models from the early 90s and gotten the bonus. I don't see why it would be a problem, but I'm no officiant.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Brock Samsonite posted:

Games & Gears stuff was coming directly from the company, and we seem to have hit a hiccup with our contact person there. But Krushgroove I believe was able to meet up with them at the european convention he went to last week, so I think we should have some good news about that soon.

They're a good company and their products are really great, so please don't hold it against them... I think it was just a communication issue with a single employee.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

You can definitely use old box art, and in fact I'd say we encourage you to do so. Retro paintjobs are always great to see.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Well, in that case

I, Lord Hypnostache, Oath these 4 Space Marines and 3 Savage Orcs for the month of February. Everything is 28mm GW.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey kids it's time for

:wom:January Prizes:wom:

As a special note, we're going to hold off on drawing names for the Games n Gears prizes. We're in touch with them, and the issue has to do with shipping apparently, so we'll get it sorted out. If we're able to offer that prize for January, we'll come back and do a draw for it; in the meantime, we'd prefer not to get four more goons' hopes up prematurely.

Without further ado, here's the rest of the prizes!

Dragon Forge Miniatures: $12 worth of their awesome bases shipped directly to: Forkbanger!
Forkbanger won this prize in August, so that's a reroll. And the winner is Leech!

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: LazyAngel!

A pack of Springer-Pinsel Kolinksy Sable Brushes goes to: Lord Hypnostache!

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: Illudere!

An item from the Detektuv's Grab Bag goes to: Dr. Gargunza!

:frogsiren:Quarterly prizes:frogsiren:

Just as a reminder, to be eligible for a quarterly prize, you must complete an oath, and do the 2-point monthly Jurnal entry, in all three months of the quarter. This quarter, just 29 goons were eligible! That's down from 43 in the first quarter and 41 in the second. Get your oaths and jurnals done for the last three months of the Oath Thread, and you can get in on the prize draws for the fourth quarter!

MiniWarGaming sends one starter set for their Dark Potential futuristic post-apocalyptic skirmish game to: Lord Hypnostache! This is Lord Hypnostache's lucky month I guess!

A starter set selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: moths!

Goon (and judge) Bachtere will paint one human-sized 28mm figure for: Schmetterling!

Goon krushgroove will make a custom piece of terrain for: Galaspar!

Goon Manifest will select his favorite conversion from the last three months and award that goon a prize! Manifest, please get in touch with me if you need help identifying all of the converted models. I tracked it all in the spreadsheets so I can provide this for your insane amount of work you have to do convenience.

PRIZEWINNERS
If you won a Corvus Belli prize, please contact me - PMs or my username at gmail.com. I'll be mailing you your prize.

All other prize winners please contact Krushgroove. He will arrange delivery of your prizes.

Congratulations to all of you! You deserve to win things. :)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Holy cats! PM sent to your gmail!

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath this thunderfire cannon and techmarine, as well as this veteran standard bearer.

All three are GW 28mm models.

And gently caress me, I should have used my mephiston red primer on the techmarine but it's too late to fix that one :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drgnvale posted:

And gently caress me, I should have used my mephiston red primer on the techmarine but it's too late to fix that one :(

You could still just strip it and then re-prime it?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Leperflesh posted:

You could still just strip it and then re-prime it?

I'm considering it, but I've never had good luck stripping P3's black primer and I'd hate to just gently caress it all up.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of February to paint one Flame Phoneix (GW, conversion combining a Island of blood griffon and left over bits from the phoenix kit) and 5 GW Grave Guard with Great Weapons.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ledgem posted:

OATHING: Wyrd miniatures Avatar Lilith, two freikorps models, two puppet wars models, and 8 malifaux scheme/corpse/scrap markers.

Question about the diorama; if I decide to do one should I oath addition the unpainted terrain piece for it? Also would it count as one or just a fancy base if I did say, The hooded rider puppet there on a street infront of a brick wall casting a shadow that looks like its proper Malifaux model. I'd post an image of it anyway should I get that little scene built in time but was mostly wondering if just an image or an official "oath addition" picture would be required.

Dioramas must be shown unpainted when you oath them, and I don't understand your second question, sorry! Also, are you going for the I Rolled a 1! bonus?

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following models: Lich Lord Terminus, Lord Exhumator Scaverous, and Slayer Helljack! (All 28mm and by Privateer Press)

I'm going for the Detectuv's Jurnal (4th wall) on all three models!

I'd also like to do the In Battle bonus, though I have a question regarding that: it says "Post the picture with your Oath Complete picture." Does that mean if say, I finished an Oath back in July and it features models from that oath, am I required to post those completed oaths from that month? I ask this because I found my other SD card which has photos from a game of 40k back in August featuring models I painted in July, so it seems like something I should maybe ask beforehand.

Yes you can get In Battle bonus for previously-painted models done this oath season (please provide a link to prove it's one you painted this time around just to make it easier on us).

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath one Space Marine Dreadnought and Chief Librarian Tigurius by Games Workshop for the game of Warhammer 40k for February

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I'm oathing these 3 Bones Nova Corp: Guard

Doing a primer test on these guys using a different one on each and seeing how they come out.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do this month of February oath 10 Chaos Space Marines. Games-Workshop 28mm.

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 6 Games-Workshop Space Marines.

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, hereby oath the following:

12 GW Warhammer Night Goblins
1 piece of unit filler

MasterSlowPoke posted:

gently caress it lets oath something!

I'm oathing 2 Plague 3D, 2 Plague 3A, and 1 Plague 3A w/ HMG from Mantic's Deadzone:

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Well, in that case

I, Lord Hypnostache, Oath these 4 Space Marines and 3 Savage Orcs for the month of February. Everything is 28mm GW.

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath this thunderfire cannon and techmarine, as well as this veteran standard bearer.

All three are GW 28mm models.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of February to paint one Flame Phoneix (GW, conversion combining a Island of blood griffon and left over bits from the phoenix kit) and 5 GW Grave Guard with Great Weapons.

All of these are Accepted!

Sorry for the wait y'all, I had to recover from my trip to Germany. I'm still de-beer-and-sausaging myself (that sounds terrible) and have in fact lined up 2, possibly 3 extra prizes for stuff! At least 2 of these will go into a random draw for any goon that donated stuff to the Grab Bag or monthly mini-prizes, and the 3rd (if I get it) will go towards either a bonus Grand Prize or to a goon who donated.

Anyone that needs to contact me for prizes and stuff please email me at krushgroove169@gmail.com!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Dioramas must be shown unpainted when you oath them, and I don't understand your second question, sorry! Also, are you going for the I Rolled a 1! bonus?

Alright. Also yes, I'm going for that bonus. I thought I specified at later. I am also going for the flag bonus, the plastic part on top of the tokens is a flag bit.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin oath one dismounted Man-O-War Drakhun and one Man-o-War Kovnik, from the Khador faction of Warmachine by Privateer Press in 28mm scale.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:I Black_Nexus oath 10 chaos cultists for warhammer 40k(GW):siren:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

counterspin posted:

I Counterspin oath one dismounted Man-O-War Drakhun and one Man-o-War Kovnik, from the Khador faction of Warmachine by Privateer Press in 28mm scale.

Black_Nexus posted:

:siren:I Black_Nexus oath 10 chaos cultists for warhammer 40k(GW):siren:

Accepted!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK so we need to do the voting for January's non-40k-miniature contest! Basically if you painted any figures in January that weren't for Warhammer 40k, you're entered and get to vote. That's, uh, quite a lot of you!

Once again I forget who is the goon who donated the prize, and therefore isn't eligible. I also don't remember what the prize is. Krushgroove if you can remind us what the prize is and who donated it, I'll get the list of eligible voters posted up today.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
For February I oath 1 Stormblade Captain and 1 Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
From Privateer Press

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

My converting is finished, and an effort post will be forthcoming.

In the meantime, can I get these guys primed and started?

there were images here, but they've gone now

Also, walking away with a delicious horse drumstick, or just chilling and eating it in front of the ex-rider?

ForkBanger fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 8, 2014

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Those are really awesome but holy crap you need more light. I can hardly tell what's going on with them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Definitely walking away, adds to the whole "Dude, the gently caress? That's my ride."

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Yeah, my other camera is charging. I'll have better pictures later on now.

ForkBanger fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 8, 2014

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
I, Rikthor, oath (1) Games Workshop Space Marine and (4) Flames of War U.S. Rifle Company!

Save da Whales!

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, oath these (6) Cygnar Arcane Gun Mages from Privateer Press for January!

Rikthor posted:

Oath Failed

:negative:

I haven't even got them all assembled yet, this month has been crazy busy for me.

They are assembled now and ready to go:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

I feel like people are taking truescale too far. Oh wait. Never mind.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 3 Antipode from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 10 6mm Norman spearmen from Baccus Miniatures :siren:

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 8, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, have a problem

I can't stop making Imperial Guard officers. I must have painted more that a dozen colonels, lieutenants, commissars, regimental colour-sergeants and other assorted hinge-headed Ruperts over the last few years, and none of them yet have a proper platoon to lead. Here's just a few of them:

Of all guardsmen, officers are the most fun to convert and paint, but it's becoming a bit "too many chiefs" in my carry case. At this point I really ought to be filling out the rank and file. But first, I must get this top-brass fixation out of my system...

I, Galaspar, oath five Imperial Guard officers for February. 28mm, Warhammer 40k, Games Workshop (mostly). One's in a bloody kilt.

Rumour has it that the forthcoming Imperial Guard codex includes rules for squads of veterans with all sorts of weapons, so some of my orphan commanders might have a place on the tabletop after all

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 8, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

OK so we need to do the voting for January's non-40k-miniature contest! Basically if you painted any figures in January that weren't for Warhammer 40k, you're entered and get to vote. That's, uh, quite a lot of you!

Once again I forget who is the goon who donated the prize, and therefore isn't eligible. I also don't remember what the prize is. Krushgroove if you can remind us what the prize is and who donated it, I'll get the list of eligible voters posted up today.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&pagenumber=99&perpage=40#post423873234 :ocelot:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I need to get myself started and out of this slump by having something big to work on. Accordingly,

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of February this diorama containing a Reaper Bones wizard and a Reaper Bones Cthulu, as well as this sandgarden-themed display board.

I need to clean up and greenstuff the big guy, so I guess that's what I'll be doing tonight.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Holy poo poo, if you're going to do what I think you are to that diorama, it'll look amazing.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Mt. ORourke posted:

For February I oath 1 Stormblade Captain and 1 Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
From Privateer Press

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, oath (1) Games Workshop Space Marine and (4) Flames of War U.S. Rifle Company!

They are assembled now and ready to go:

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 3 Antipode from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 10 6mm Norman spearmen from Baccus Miniatures :siren:

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath five Imperial Guard officers for February. 28mm, Warhammer 40k, Games Workshop (mostly). One's in a bloody kilt.

Schmetterling posted:

I need to get myself started and out of this slump by having something big to work on. Accordingly,

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of February this diorama containing a Reaper Bones wizard and a Reaper Bones Cthulu, as well as this sandgarden-themed display board.
can't wait to see what this is!

Accepted!

ForkBanger posted:

My converting is finished, and an effort post will be forthcoming.

In the meantime, can I get these guys primed and started?

You posted these with a timestamp on the 2nd and I think they were accepted then. They look better now!

And yes, if you completed a non-GW oath for the month of January, you are entered and get to vote for the best of the non-GW oaths for NTRabbit's Deadzone Kickstarter giveaway! Click here for the details: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&pagenumber=99&perpage=40#post423873234

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 9, 2014

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For February, I oath this 40k Rhino

(The white plasticard bits are what will eventually become the Jurnal feature)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I oath this Games Workshop Kroot Carnivore (28mm).

• Locked thread