Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway, I guess after the N1 flip I might as well claim.

I picked Asiina as my buddy (this will come as no surprise to anyone who knows us) and like Section 31 was given the role of Buddy Cop. I would choose the player to cop and Asii would get the results. Of course, that's now worthless but that's not the reason I'm claiming. Here's the good bit. chaoslord picked me as his buddy and so he got to have an unconfirmed masonry with me. After a bit of laughing about The Wire Mafia chaoslord then claims cop in our masonry. Even if I wasn't a Buddy Cop myself I still wouldn't buy someone claiming cop to an unconfirmed mason. Furthermore, chaoslord's PR is clearly the masonry that he made with me so him being a cop as well is incredulous. Last night he claims to have copped MMM to a town result but considering there's 2 Buddy Cops in this game (although now both worthless) I'm not buying it for a second.

##vote chaoslord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Rarity posted:

Anyway, I guess after the N1 flip I might as well claim.

I picked Asiina as my buddy (this will come as no surprise to anyone who knows us) and like Section 31 was given the role of Buddy Cop. I would choose the player to cop and Asii would get the results. Of course, that's now worthless but that's not the reason I'm claiming. Here's the good bit. chaoslord picked me as his buddy and so he got to have an unconfirmed masonry with me. After a bit of laughing about The Wire Mafia chaoslord then claims cop in our masonry. Even if I wasn't a Buddy Cop myself I still wouldn't buy someone claiming cop to an unconfirmed mason. Furthermore, chaoslord's PR is clearly the masonry that he made with me so him being a cop as well is incredulous. Last night he claims to have copped MMM to a town result but considering there's 2 Buddy Cops in this game (although now both worthless) I'm not buying it for a second.

##vote chaoslord

Assuming you're onto something here, the next question is 'why would chaoslord try to remove suspicion from MMM?' :crossarms:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey Hal, your case on me is that I'm the only one to put effort in on D1. I know that's not what you're saying it is, but that's what it is. I'm not sure I understand it beyond that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh also I just saw that bk already pointed this out but this still isn't good:

Hal Incandenza posted:

MMM is the badguy because:

Tries to un-confirm BK

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probably? It's not like Amoeba said BK IS CONFIRMED TOWN NOW. It looks like you are based on what I saw but this is Mafia you can't ever be sure. If your posting pings me I'm still going to have suspicions.

Hal Incandenza posted:

BK do me a favor and tell us all why we should be convinced you are confirmed town.

I've read back again and I'm starting to wonder if I misinterpreted something, so I'd like to hear your take on it.

And I don't see how this is better than what I did.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm off to work, but rarity's claim is interesting.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gut is that I don't see somebody lying so early and experience tells me "but how could there be 3/4 trackers" is not a great assumption. We'll see

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Quick catch up before class:

I hammered 31 because it was obvious he was going down. There weren't any other candidates and no discussion near the end there. I had to go to bed so I put d1 out of its misery. I think it's podima who wants an explanation from everyone with a "bad vote" on 31 but it feels more like manufactured angst. Hammering 31 was the right move.

Rarity, did chaos claim an alignment for mmm? That's not in your post, you're voting chaos which seems strange to me, mmm had the worst votes at the end of yesterday and you want chaos gone instead? Cop mason is a super valuable combination. claiming cop in an unconfirmed masonry is high risk high reward. If your mason buddy is town they can receive your results, vote with you, help case, it keeps you from publicly claiming too early.

Unless they immediately out you in thread, of course.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Basically what I'm saying is that regardless of his alignment, you handled his claim in the worst way possible

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

##vote rarity

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Look Under The Rock posted:

Rarity, did chaos claim an alignment for mmm?

I have a town result for MMM

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Didn't mean to hit post yet yet. Add

"Which Rarity did say here:

Rarity posted:

Last night he claims to have copped MMM to a town result but considering there's 2 Buddy Cops in this game (although now both worthless) I'm not buying it for a second.
"

to the end of my last post in your heads, tia

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
haha another new prime minister :hurr:

chaoslord is rarity full of BS?
Also if you're a cop who can have a masonbuddy why wouldn't you investigate your masonbuddy to make it a confirmed masonry?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

haha another new prime minister :hurr:

chaoslord is rarity full of BS?
Also if you're a cop who can have a masonbuddy why wouldn't you investigate your masonbuddy to make it a confirmed masonry?

Rarity told the truth.

I thought it over but in my mind it was worth the risk to not bother. Rarity's play hadn't bothered me and it seemed like we were going to have a good masonry. Combine that with this being a smaller game and I made the decision to roll the dice. It also has seemingly worked out in my favor, apart from the being outed thing. Rarity doesn't believe me anyway so what good is me confirming that Rarity is town when the masonry at this point is dead? Like, I get all town results from a cop are good, but now I haven't "wasted" my cop to preserve the integrity of the masonry because I doubt Rarity will be involved with it anymore. I have a cop result on a person I ended up agreeing was worth a look, which is more useful to me personally.

Worst case? Rarity + MMM Scum team where MMM is the godfather and she pointed to me to clear him. I don't believe this, but that's the logical extreme for bad end of things.

Best case? All three of us (well, four including Asiina) are town.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I buy it, actually, because I was a buddy cop too. I picked Sec 31 because I thought this was his first game and I was being inclusive, so I'm null now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
jfc how many buddy cops can there be?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Some of us were probably insane or whatever.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

BK do me a favor and tell us all why we should be convinced you are confirmed town.

I've read back again and I'm starting to wonder if I misinterpreted something, so I'd like to hear your take on it.

EccoRaven posted:

so BK I am left with a dilemma. What should I do?

Should I:
- Do a thing that will either confirm me as town or condemn me as scum, or
- Do a different thing that will confirm someone else as town but severely limit my ability to play the game

which is the better option for me to do BK?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This buddy cop thing is ridiculous.

Because of the way Amoeba said he was setting up this game there is certainly going to be buddycop scum.

Rarity ends up looking worse than chaoslord.

Would vote for Rarity or Hal.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rarity posted:

Furthermore, chaoslord's PR is clearly the masonry that he made with me so him being a cop as well is incredulous.

Feel like I should clarify here, my PR is the cop, the masonry was granted as my "buddy boon"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK BK, here is my issue with that.

EccoRaven posted:

so BK I am left with a dilemma. What should I do?

Should I:
- Do a thing that will either confirm me as town or condemn me as scum, or
- Do a different thing that will confirm someone else as town but severely limit my ability to play the game

which is the better option for me to do BK?

We were assuming Ecco did "2" but look at Ecco's flip (Mafia Role: Vig, Buddy Role: buddyguard) I assume Ecco would take any bullet intended for you (hers or the NK).

So, there is nothing in that action that actually did "2" and in fact it more did "1" since Ecco knew she would die and she would be confirmed. Had Ecco killed someone else besides you she would have confirmed that person ("2").

So therefore you are not actually confirmed in any way at all.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK BK, here is my issue with that.

We were assuming Ecco did "2" but look at Ecco's flip (Mafia Role: Vig, Buddy Role: buddyguard) I assume Ecco would take any bullet intended for you (hers or the NK).

So, there is nothing in that action that actually did "2" and in fact it more did "1" since Ecco knew she would die and she would be confirmed. Had Ecco killed someone else she would have confirmed that person.

So therefore you are not actually confirmed in any way at all.

how do you interpret that that way?

I saw 'severely limit my ability to play the game' as her death.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##unvote sorry MMM maybe I was on the wrong track

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

how do you interpret that that way?

I saw 'severely limit my ability to play the game' as her death.

Because her role was buddyguard, which was independent of your alignment. I don't see how Ecco would know that would confirm you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because her role was buddyguard, which was independent of your alignment. I don't see how Ecco would know that would confirm you.

Oh, that's true. Okay. I hadn't thought of that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't see what else would do "1" for Ecco other than shooting you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Okay guys I am not confirmed town.

But I am town.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

chaoslord posted:

Feel like I should clarify here, my PR is the cop, the masonry was granted as my "buddy boon"

Hmm, on the other hand the cop itself was my boon. I couldn't communicate with 31, but he would have received my results.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is that 3 people that claimed buddy cop and one regular cop?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Hmm, on the other hand the cop itself was my boon. I couldn't communicate with 31, but he would have received my results.

Or was it just you and Section 31?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Rarity told the truth.

I thought it over but in my mind it was worth the risk to not bother. Rarity's play hadn't bothered me and it seemed like we were going to have a good masonry. Combine that with this being a smaller game and I made the decision to roll the dice. It also has seemingly worked out in my favor, apart from the being outed thing. Rarity doesn't believe me anyway so what good is me confirming that Rarity is town when the masonry at this point is dead? Like, I get all town results from a cop are good, but now I haven't "wasted" my cop to preserve the integrity of the masonry because I doubt Rarity will be involved with it anymore. I have a cop result on a person I ended up agreeing was worth a look, which is more useful to me personally.

Worst case? Rarity + MMM Scum team where MMM is the godfather and she pointed to me to clear him. I don't believe this, but that's the logical extreme for bad end of things.

Best case? All three of us (well, four including Asiina) are town.

Did Rarity suggest you cop MMM?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We couldn't talk so I'm not really sure how it worked. My guess is it was like he was a cop and I picked the targets for him, which is kind of a neat setup with a newer player.

My actual role role is just VT, which is what I am now.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Rarity, this is important.

Did you ever tell Chaoslord that Asiina was a buddycop?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, wait! ##vote rarity

Rarity got the mechanics down, but backwards. I think she was making an assumption on how a buddy cop worked and mixed it up.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Rarity gave me MMM's name after I asked for some input because I wasn't getting many feelings outside of Section 31.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Oh, wait! ##vote rarity

Rarity got the mechanics down, but backwards. I think she was making an assumption on how a buddy cop worked and mixed it up.

Just reread and I misunderstood Rarity's claim, but my issue stands -- why the gently caress would you doubt an out-of-the-blue claim that perfectly matches flavor you know to be in the game? if the flavor is ANY kind of cop, why in the gently caress would you instantly out that person in thread? The whole thing is so badly handled that I am boggled over it, and Rarity looks terrible coming out of this whole debacle. The way it makes the most sense to me is "Rarity is scum and tried to beat Chaos to the claim so Chaos would have a chance of being lynched." Scum Chaos wouldn't have confirmed Rarity's claim -- he could have easily said nope that's untrue and had a claimed cop in the bag.

One of them has to be scum and I think it's Rarity.

chaoslord posted:

Rarity gave me MMM's name after I asked for some input because I wasn't getting many feelings outside of Section 31.

This is even shittier.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Gut is that I don't see somebody lying so early and experience tells me "but how could there be 3/4 trackers" is not a great assumption. We'll see

I don't see there being a normal Cop in this game because the entire theme is Buddies and so far every flip has enforced that PRs are Buddy based and my own cop power involved my buddy so why doesn't chaoslord's?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Basically what I'm saying is that regardless of his alignment, you handled his claim in the worst way possible

Well I've either caught a scum or massively blown up town's game. We all know I love big plays :v: (Actually I copped chaoslord last night but Asii dying means that doesn't matter)

And I'm not voting MMM cause chaoslord choosing to clear a scum or a town is WIFOM territory. I'd rather vote the guy I'm sure is lying.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

chaoslord was going to cop Section if he survived the day. He didn't, I'd already said MMM was giving me a gut read and voted as such in thread. chaoslord hadn't said anything about him in the masonry until then.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

We couldn't talk so I'm not really sure how it worked. My guess is it was like he was a cop and I picked the targets for him, which is kind of a neat setup with a newer player.

Yeah, this was my deal as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Did you ever tell Chaoslord that Asiina was a buddycop?

Nope. I didn't want him to tweak that I doubted his claim.

• Locked thread