Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, they really expect this to be a jumping on point for viewers with that recap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
This show is so god drat good hahaha. I love the flashes of what Brian thinks will happen.

Is GERD a play off of a real organization?

Edit: Holy poo poo at mike and ike trying to do Finch theatrics. :vince:

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 10, 2016

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I love the fact these characters are rubbing off on each other. Mike & Ike using Brian theatrics <3

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm 3 eps away from being caught up. This show feels legit like kind of a sendup of the type of show CBS is always banking on and I'm into it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
BUSINESS
Pleasure

Business
PLEASURE

It's the little things that are so enjoyable.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mike & Ike really are the second best character.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this? posted:

Interesting bit from there is that he states that he wants each season to be it's own "thing." So this season is Brian vs Eddie Morra and in season 2 that whole dynamic is planned to be very different (without getting rid of Eddie because c'mon, you get Bradley Cooper on your show you keep him.)

And because Bradley Cooper is the executive producer so no way is he going to let his own character get written off.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Tokubetsu posted:

Mike & Ike using Brian theatrics <3
That was so adorable.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Brian needs to clean his bong.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tokubetsu posted:

I love the fact these characters are rubbing off on each other. Mike & Ike using Brian theatrics <3

Probably my favorite moment of the episode.

You would think they would kill the evidence guy in a way that isn't detectable?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
"Conclusive force" is a fantastic euphemism for killing someone.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
"Yes, I'm the model, and no, it's not to scale."

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Enjoyed the episode.

They barely touched on the singularity, if you like games and would like to know more about how we can never truely make a copy of someone you should check out SOMA.

quote:

SOMA is a sci-fi horror game from Frictional Games, the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It is an unsettling story about identity, consciousness, and what it means to be human.

The radio is dead, food is running out, and the machines have started to think they are people. Underwater facility PATHOS-II has suffered an intolerable isolation and we’re going to have to make some tough decisions. What can be done? What makes sense? What is left to fight for?

Enter the world of SOMA and face horrors buried deep beneath the ocean waves. Delve through locked terminals and secret documents to uncover the truth behind the chaos. Seek out the last remaining inhabitants and take part in the events that will ultimately shape the fate of the station. But be careful, danger lurks in every corner: corrupted humans, twisted creatures, insane robots, and even an inscrutable omnipresent A.I.
You will need to figure out how to deal with each one of them. Just remember there’s no fighting back, either you outsmart your enemies or you get ready to run.

If scary games arn't your thing, then download a trainer to make you invisible and immune to all dmg. Very cool game.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Caught up, show rules.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This show still continues to run rings around everything in it's class.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I never thought I'd see a Bollywood dance scene as a sex metaphor.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Honey Boo Boo, Who Marries the Millionaire?, Dance Mom, Bachelor, Bachelorette

You know that lady from Real Housewives? She said she wasn't there to make friends, but you know what? I think she was there to make friends. I think she's a very lonely person.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Can't believe they got away with that explicit, graphic sex scene.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Tenzarin posted:

Enjoyed the episode.

They barely touched on the singularity, if you like games and would like to know more about how we can never truely make a copy of someone you should check out SOMA.
If scary games arn't your thing, then download a trainer to make you invisible and immune to all dmg. Very cool game.
Also, The Talos Principle has the same theme and it's a bit more upbeat (but full of puzzles and not as dialogue/story driven as SOMA; still has a good story though).

However, I am not sure that any of them convey that "we can never truely make a copy of someone". In fact I think SOMA "works" because it is based on the exact opposite.

This episode of Limitless reminded me both of those games; it was weird. And yeah, I wish they had made this main story and this new tech more centric to the episode. Instead they downplayed it quite a bit.

I do like that the writers seem to be working at creating a consistent universe for the series, and they revisit interesting stuff from previous episodes instead of forgetting them - eg Brian is now also working with CRAFT. I kind of think that many of these seemingly side-stuff will come into play for the season finale. And maybe the singularity theory will be brought up again somewhere down the line.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Goddamn i love this show. I'm normally not a fan of episode of the week style things, but this show really works for me.

and that bollywood scene convinced my girlfriend to check it out so that's a plus if I can drag her away from lucifer

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I was prepared to groan at the singularity stuff, but despite the usual silly flourishes to make it more palatable and interesting for TV it wasn't that bad a representation of how it would fundamentally work.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

SwissCM posted:

I was prepared to groan at the singularity stuff, but despite the usual silly flourishes to make it more palatable and interesting for TV it wasn't that bad a representation of how it would fundamentally work.

I was prepared for him to single handedly create a true AI with an overnight NZT study binge and was pleasantly surprised when he didn't.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

I never thought I'd see a Bollywood dance scene as a sex metaphor.

As an Indian, all Bollywood dance scenes are sex metaphors.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mike and Ike busting out the crafts for Naz was the greatest thing ever. I adore this show. It totally shouldn't work at all but somehow it is just magic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Announcing the death by peanut oil feels like a misdirect it being stated repeatedly rather than just the writers not realising that its used everywhere and safe to people with nut allergies but maybe its just me

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Maybe it was cold pressed, unfiltered artisan peanut oil..

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Bollywood Mike and Ike were a highlight for sure.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tortolia posted:

Mike and Ike as back up dancers were perfect.

This show might be the most fun show on TV for me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tortolia posted:

Ike seemed really into the whole thing.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I hope Lucy comes back later on for an episode or two.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Digital Jedi posted:

Mike and Ike as back up dancers were perfect.

This show might be the most fun show on TV for me.

:agreed:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm running a tabletop game for nerds on Tuesday Evenings now so I can't watch Limitless on the evenings that it is released. Sadness.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Crasical posted:

I'm running a tabletop game for nerds on Tuesday Evenings now so I can't watch Limitless on the evenings that it is released. Sadness.
At least play Arkham horror and then blow it off just like Brian does!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Crasical posted:

Why don't you make your nerds watch limitless before/between your game? Just call it "Future Vision". You gotta roll a 10+ for perception, otherwise you can only watch it blindfolded.

I've never played a table top, but I assume that is the lingo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Filler episode but holy gently caress what a good filler episode. This show is so good. I like how Naz called Jason, Ike. Gooooooo Ike @ Brians Sister!! And I totally forgot about him getting punched later on in the show hahahah.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

How is this a "filler" episode? It gave us all the backstory on Sands.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Another great episode. Love the illustrations and ike bit at the end. I like the music during the last scene, sounds like good treadmill music IMO, but I have no idea what it is. Is there a database or something that they update or an easy way to find a song from a show?

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
I saw this coming - I thought that eventually brian would work out that morra wasn't a nice guy - but oh what a way to do it. Lol at him insisting his sister call jason ike if things continue.

Also, sands now knows that brian has the burn book. Is this his way of stopping morra, or was it just forgetting he had it after a long night where he got stabbed, etc. They leave it vague as to wether there was a body - was this a setup by someone to get brian the book?
:tinfoil:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Holyshoot posted:

Filler episode but holy gently caress what a good filler episode. This show is so good. I like how Naz called Jason, Ike. Gooooooo Ike @ Brians Sister!! And I totally forgot about him getting punched later on in the show hahahah.

I don't think you know what filler is.

buddhanc posted:

Another great episode. Love the illustrations and ike bit at the end. I like the music during the last scene, sounds like good treadmill music IMO, but I have no idea what it is. Is there a database or something that they update or an easy way to find a song from a show?

Shazam worked well enough thanks to the part where the song played for a bit without Brian talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxbfshg2mcI

Fantastic episode, love how the art from the new intro flowed into the show and the Sands flashbacks and then into the ending title card shot of the floating body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was a brilliant episode.

The art direction on this show is above and beyond, especially for a network who done it.

• Locked thread