Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PMush Perfect posted:

I was just skimming the thread and for a hot second I thought b-minus was copy/pasting someone else's reads and trying to pass them off as his own. I was halfway through writing up the post calling him out for it when I actually read his post properly.

I'm very good at Mafia.

lol I thought the same thing for a sec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would call myself 75% sure this is town binus, soft 75%

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Can you provide anything concrete at all?

she's been making a lot of effortposts about building mechanics, which is a sign of not wanting to scumhunt but more than that, she's especially trying to campaign for the building of abilities handed out by the builder, which i feel is less advantageous to town, by way of both being temporary vs permanent buffs, and also they might be given to scum.

Bifauxnen posted:

one thing I'm interested in too is people claiming what they're gonna build. Like if everyone says they're gonna split up into these different groups, and everyone says they're gonna pick one certain thing in the branch, but next day we find out we ended up with a vote on Melee Weapons instead of the Walls everyone agreed were awesome, there's gonna be some splainin to do.

And we can look to which projects didn't progress, to try and find likely deserters who crashed that vote.

and making a post like this, without even mentioning the possibility that this might help scum choose which projects to sabotage, is suspicious. bif is normally conscientious about what's risky for scum to know

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The anger feels like town binus but lol at pointing to post count when your “reads” have been single sentence non-vote townreads, half your posts are jokes, and your only salient contribution is “I suck” on the game mechanics side of things

Binus I’m again asking for your thoughts on the quartet, I saw unexplained town reads on many of em but nothing re:mega

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SolusLunes posted:

You're right, I didn't really look too hard at the second part of her post. Several of those things are just "why would you even say that", like the Keane and KB lines. PMush and Ruggan feel like they could be soft bussing reads.

I think you've got a point here.

##vote JX

This is not how actual reads work!

why do you think I’m scum? What about it makes you suspicious?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Trying to do some work on the app isn't great. :v:

Gonna put a soft vote on ##vote KB for the moment. While I think that poking and scunhunting in mostly mechanical chat probably isn't an awful idea, I hesitate because I think there's a slightly higher chance the builder might be there. That said, I feel KB is in the category at the moment right above that category - mostly mechanical chat with some degree of effort to be helpful - almost seems like the sweet spot to aim for. I also disagree a smidge with the read on Mega at the moment, but I admit to needing to poke into that a little more as well.

Please elaborate. Not really following your reasoning.

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Would it be better if we all claimed our builds the morning after? Seems like the best of both worlds.

This is a horrible plan. Allows scum maximum places to hide their lack of contributions. The morning after, we will know how much progress we made so it is easier for them to pick something that succeeded or got a lot of progress to hide in.

SolusLunes posted:

Keeping information of this type obfuscated, especially if people don't claim until the next day, just gives scum more space to hide in. Without that information, it'll be difficult to get a handle on what projects scum disrupts.

Yes, this.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Triple post (yikes)

Binus, that goes for you too

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

she's been making a lot of effortposts about building mechanics, which is a sign of not wanting to scumhunt but more than that, she's especially trying to campaign for the building of abilities handed out by the builder, which i feel is less advantageous to town, by way of both being temporary vs permanent buffs, and also they might be given to scum.

and making a post like this, without even mentioning the possibility that this might help scum choose which projects to sabotage, is suspicious. bif is normally conscientious about what's risky for scum to know

There are plenty of other people suggesting these same things, including myself. What makes Bif special?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Also people saying what they’re doing means people won’t wine themselves away from doing things because they expect others to do them

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Steak, nearly everything in your post is wrong but I recognise this is not indicative of alignment

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King Burgundy posted:

There are plenty of other people suggesting these same things, including myself. What makes Bif special?

idk, i havent read the last like 5 pages closely at all. that's the impression i got from the earlier pages

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sorry I’m on my phone and didn’t feel like deleting the rest of the text from that post so I just pasted it in mine

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Probably the last time I'll post this today, we've got basically everything together for day 1.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

He cannot make an argument on meta. Is there anything you can make an argument on? :thunk:

I'm late but read that post again. I explained why I thought Lux's post was weird.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Obligatory catch up post. Sorry for taking so long! I've just had a very busy week, and also am in another mafia game at the same time right now, so I basically have managed to be active in neither.

Lux Animus posted:

Personally, I found MegaZeroX's defense of AnomalousAmalgam to be the most troubling - that and the complete lack of a MegaZeroX-brand mechanics discussion dump right at the very start of things like they did to open the Black Faction thread in Fate Soldiers Mafia.

I'm not sure why everyone that has played with me only in Fate Mafia thinks that I do that every game LOL. Like I can run down my day 1s for every SA mafia I've been in

1) Toal's Umineko Game - My first game was as exe, and I lurked basically all of day 1 barely reaching the post requirement. I kind of spent the time to watch and observe how things are done.
2) Toal's VTuber mafia - I poo poo posted through the entire first day
3) Steak's Passive game - I was a funny town variant on jester and successfully got myself successfully lunched day 1
4) Fate - Killed joke phase immediately
5) I'm concurrently in another Toal game, which I shouldn't talk about here. Suffice to say, it didn't start with a giant mechanical post.

CCKeane posted:

Mega, I feel like you got pretty into mechanics chat last game we played together, but I don't get the sense that you're as interested in doing that here. Is there a reason for this?

I definitely do posts a lot about mechanics! But I really haven't had much time. Will be following this up with a bigger post to talk about this.

Jen X posted:

Mega, who are your top suspects besides Amni? Why?

I realize that this isn't super helpful (since you already know this), but Binus feels like they are in their scum game mode to me. I need to go through a more thorough comb through the thread to have better targets.

Sorry if I've missed any questions. I will be making some bigger posts following this. Feel free to emptyquote or reask questions if I've missed them

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Amnistar posted:

Probably the last time I'll post this today, we've got basically everything together for day 1.

For me, I'd like to fight, although my utility is primarily flexibility. I don't need to in the front row, since I'm OK anywhere. I can either soak up damage in front, or I can pick off targets in back. I wanna leave anything more than that to the builder.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Amnistar posted:

Haha wow, this is telling, Amnistar:

Compared to the last Mafia Soldiers game I played, where MegaZeroX started Day 1's very first post with a massive mechanics chat post that involved a roleclaim and a self-vote, this is starkly different behavior. If this ^^^ info is true and MegaZeroX hasn't yet declared his willingness to be in battle to the thread, then I don't they're acting like their usual self.

##unvote Anomalous Amalgam
##vote MegaZeroX

Where have you gone, Mega? Who are your reads?

I will address the other people that asked me stuff (Monathin and Charms) in my next posts.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Oh wow look at that timing

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

Haha wow, this is telling, Amnistar:

Compared to the last Mafia Soldiers game I played, where MegaZeroX started Day 1's very first post with a massive mechanics chat post that involved a roleclaim and a self-vote, this is starkly different behavior. If this ^^^ info is true and MegaZeroX hasn't yet declared his willingness to be in battle to the thread, then I don't they're acting like their usual self.

##unvote Anomalous Amalgam
##vote MegaZeroX

Where have you gone, Mega? Who are your reads?

I will address the other people that asked me stuff (Monathin and Charms) in my next posts.

This is literally what I had posted

MegaZeroX posted:

Ok, for the builder: I have a complicated role. I'm kind of good anywhere. I dont think my raw attack stats are amazing, but I basically get flexibility when in back, but will be targeted more up front, which isn't bad for me. I suggest putting me front and center for tonight so I can get a feel for how much I am able to take.

I can't help it if Amni condenses all of this poorly in a way to make me look as susp as possible since he wants me dead

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah gimme a sec to read up sorry I had all that typed up after Amnistar's post and hit submit without preview.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Man, I don't like how Ruggan has only 5 posts that aren't jokes:

• 2 of them are just swooping into defend me
  • 2 of them emphasizing how they REALLY REALLY want to go into combat
  • 1 question on how to submit build actions.

Like, this is atypical for Ruggan in my experience, and its super weird how instead of making cases and reads he just goes and defends me. It feels too much like scum trying to earn brownie points when I flip town.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Charms of course is lurking and hasn't done anything except mechanics chat and a weird attack on Lux based on them just bolding their mechanic preference rather than going into detail. But I've never played with them before so I don't know how standard it is or isn't.

Leith has been lurking, but there is actual content here at least. And the reads were good.

Social Studies 3rd Period - They've mostly hung back and posted mechanical stuff, but they did do a scum read on KB that isn't bad. Will get to that later.

Will post this part now and the rest as I type them as I've learned people don't like when I put all my stuff in one post

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MegaZeroX posted:

I can't help it if Amni condenses all of this poorly in a way to make me look as susp as possible since he wants me dead

Sorry, I blanked on that post I guess. It's not the first I've missed.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Monathin posted:

- I have a town read on AA atm, so I'm not sure about the votes on AA. Lux, what are your thoughts?

I put my vote on Anomalous Amalgam because I felt like they needed further scrutinizing from the thread with more than one vote on them.

I don't know their gameplay very well - I know them only from their town role in the Red Faction Thread of Fate Soldiers Mafia, where they joined the game late.

For some reason AA seems more flustered and unable to read the thread and process the rules in this game, more so than they were in the other one, though I suppose I gave them a pass in that last one due to joining late.

On that note, after reading AA and TopChefRamen again, I just wanted to point out to the thread a couple things to note from the rules:

Mechanics Chat:

- Don't forget to submit your Day Action (Building Project) in your discord confessional before the hammer today (end of Day 1)!
- Some projects take more time & effort to build than others. We cannot assume, for example, that we could build Carpentry: +Doors just as easily as we could complete Carpentry: +Arrows.
- All Project progress is tallied up and revealed to us at the start of Pre-Combat phase. We'll be able to argue about who hosed up what projects and how badly at that point, along with making battle plans.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Steak - I'm pretty sure Steak has genuinely been busy and thus hasn't voted in the thread. Could still be either or scum or town, but something tells me that scum Steak wouldn't go after Bif this early, instead riding on one of the many already existing cases

Lux - I think this is towny Lux. If their Fate Soldiers experience was any indication, making bad posts day 1 is just what they do. I feel like scum Lux would be a bit more quiet, but I've never played with scum Lux so I wouldn't know.

Iron Chef - They look really bad. No reads at all, just mechanics chat. I haven't played with them before, but the votefinder history seems to indicate they are a vet so they shouldn't be posting this bad.

breaking up here, to avoid the future riots caused by having posts that are too long

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lux Animus posted:

- Some projects take more time & effort to build than others. We cannot assume, for example, that we could build Carpentry: +Doors just as easily as we could complete Carpentry: +Arrows.
- All Project progress is tallied up and revealed to us at the start of Pre-Combat phase. We'll be able to argue about who hosed up what projects and how badly at that point, along with making battle plans.

take a moment to think about how these two bullet points contradict each other.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also i think mega is town

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

They reaelly don't...

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

They reaelly don't...

mod said progress will be given in the form of a percentage

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
let me ask you this: given everybody's choice of project AND hypothetically assuming you know everyone's build affinities perfectly, would you be able to tell us the expected percentage outcomes of the projects?

the answer is no. so how do you expect to analyze the percentages when you DON'T have most of that info?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

let me ask you this: given everybody's choice of project AND hypothetically assuming you know everyone's build affinities perfectly, would you be able to tell us the expected percentage outcomes of the projects?

the answer is no. so how do you expect to analyze the percentages when you DON'T have most of that info?

Okay, I see what you mean then. I didn't connect those dots, that's fair.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Jen X - Posting seems solid overall, and Binus' scumminess helps give her a nice bonus

Ali Again - They have only posted mechanics chat and have done no scumhunting. Though they do at least appear to be fairly new, so its not definitive but I don't like it.

Dragonatrix - Seems very towny to me. Their posts are focused on scumhunting, and the net is wide enough that it doesn't feel super performative.

KB - For a vet, its weird how little scumhunting they've done. They have posted quite a bit, but most if it is either posting mechanics or defending themselves. Currently their only work at all is me, and hopping onto a bandwagon takes very little effort. Like, if they have all this time to post about mechanics, and do some smarmy sniping, they should have time to make a real case. It feels like they are just trying to pass through the day. It reminds me of playing with scum KB in the Fate Soldiers game last month.

PMPush Perfect - Other than hopping onto the AA bandwagon, all they have done is point out Ali is susp. I agree, but pointing at a random lurker isn't much, and you really should really be doing more scum hunting than that

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

charms posted:

Which just seems completely pointless. The actual voting in a crafting field is going to be done by the people working in it. The point of posting preferred projects is to convince the crafters to go with your ideas, which you can't do without explaining why your ideas are better.

Fair point, Charms - let me explain my reasoning further then, I suppose!

Mithross posted:

Masonry Projects:
Dirt Block Walls - Reduce progress damage to all projects by 10%
Oaken Clubs/Cypress Sticks - improve the melee weapon trait for all players that have it
- Dirt Block Walls will reduce ALL damage to ALL our unfinished projects from ALL enemies for the entire game.

- Oaken Clubs/Cypress Sticks makes only our Melee attackers deal more damage, and will probably increase the damage of any melee scum put into battle.

Mithross posted:

Carpentry Projects:
Actual Doors Made of Wood - The Builder assigns a 1-shot jail, and a 1-shot ability to prevent project damage.
Oh Arrows are supposed to be sharp? - improve the ranged weapon trait for all players that have it
- Actual Doors Made of Wood - I am assuming this will take more effort to complete than the Arrows one, because it is better. It empowers the Builder to empower others with night actions. Are they nightly one-shots? We'll just have to find out.

- Oh Arrows are supposed to be sharp? - I think it should be easier to sharpen arrows than it is to build lockable doors. Like the wooden weapons, however, these could potentially boost ranged weapons on scum fighters.

Mithross posted:

Tinker Projects:
Fire Shot - The Builder assigns three 1-shot ooc abilities to deal damage into combat
Strategically placed rocks - advance the Heavy Armor trait for all players that have it
- Fire Shot - 3x Pre-Combat direct damage sources that can be used to kill off or soften up enemies is a really nice effect, even though it could cause more chaos by adding more Pre-combat action variables.

- Strategically placed rocks - Armor for our front line is good. I would recommend getting this right after Fire Shot, if possible. Our heavy armor wearers should be fine for the first night's battle.

Mithross posted:

Weaving Projects:
Actual medicinal herbs instead of placebos and hope - The town healer has their ability improved to restore more health
Preemptive Bandaging - improve the Light Armor trait for all players that have it
- Actual medicinal herbs instead of placebos and hope - I've changed my mind and put this back as my top Weaving project. We need to start with the medicines that the healer has so that we can get to the even better stuff faster.

- Preemptive Bandaging - Again this is a tough call, but I think upgrading the medicine for potentially everyone can help the most compared to upgrading light armor, though this should still be a high-priority Project too.

Mithross posted:

Soothseer Project:
Find the Banner of Hope - Restore the Light of Rubiss to the Castle. Strengthens the Builder.
- This is the most important Project category, in my estimations. In fact, I personally feel the Project categories are conveniently listed in the order of least to most important.

Anyway, that's enough of that mechanics stuff from me for now. I hope that answers your implied query, Charms!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Alright got to go for now, will have to catch up later tonight. I don't want to leave my vote where it is, given Mega's latest activity.

##unvote

Mr. Steak posted:

The last bit was a crack on what's likely going to happen when we find out we didn't fully complete anything Day1 due to variable project requirements, but we shall just have to see... There ARE a lot of us!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Hunt - Hmm. Hunt isn't really being proactive in scumhunting. In their first game on SA (Fate Soldiers Mafia), they were very much more active. Like:

Hunt11 posted:

In terms of the vote leaders I am favoring voting for Mega over Amni.

Hunt11 posted:

Also Dragon I had already stated my issues with some the stuff Mega has been doing but here it is in full.

In the game I played with and playing with them they opened up with a serious post to kill the joke phase as quickly as possible and get the game itself rolling. That has generally been met with high praise in the after action stuff for the last game when called out on this they said it raised too much heat or something along those lines. This was just a statement of preference with no vote attached to it.

They are going really far out of the way to indicate that they would vote me over Amni, but aren't really invested either way. Point out the people you want to cuddle. Don't just sit there saying "oh I'd totally prefer Mega of the two, but I actually don't want to vote them. Oh, I have 0 opinions."

Monathin - They were foundational for laying the casework against me, which is good, but beyond that they seem to just waffle about how they don't know about anyone else

Monathin posted:

Eh, I don't see the case on b- at the moment, but I'm notably charitable to b- early and it's burned me before, so ask me again in a day or two.

I'm back and forth on Hunt, especially in light of Hunt v Bif which is like one of the few bits of back and forth that isn't FULL mechanicschat.

Steak is suspect but I feel like Steak always makes himself look suspect d1.

Still happy with my vote on Mega from the other night, I haven't seen anything that changes my mind about their scumminess thus far, especially as people have been trying to define it as a "meta case" (it's not, lol.)

Monathin posted:

Looking at these votes and poking some people

- I have a town read on AA atm, so I'm not sure about the votes on AA. Solus, is AA still your top read with you poking at the people who have done only mechanicschat and no scumhunting? Lux, what are your thoughts?

- I am extremely gun shy of a Day 1 Amni vote due to having the complete wrong read of them D1 in MonHunfia so people jumping on them here seems suspect. AA, you were in MHW Mafia, does this feel like the same thing that was going on there to you?

- jfc we still have a day left.

Wow that is a nice way to have a lot of words to say "I don't know about anyone other than Mega." Like, this feels like the equivalent of a Lumpen list with "null" for everyone except for one person labeled scum LMAO.

They are among the most prolfiic posters and this is basically the extent of their scum hunting. Making a case against me, then for literally every other point, going "oh geez I don't know"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MegaZeroX posted:

Wow that is a nice way to have a lot of words to say "I don't know about anyone other than Mega." Like, this feels like the equivalent of a Lumpen list with "null" for everyone except for one person labeled scum LMAO.

They are among the most prolfiic posters and this is basically the extent of their scum hunting. Making a case against me, then for literally every other point, going "oh geez I don't know"

It's because this is D1 and I'm legitimately having trouble sussing out who else is scum because y'all flooded D1 with Mechanics Mechanics Mechanics. At least you made yourself obvious.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm actually coming around on the idea of Hunt possibly being scummy, but definitely not enough to move my vote from Mega. Still feel that's my most solid case by a landslide.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Binus - They go on about how they've included reads, but literally all they have is

b-minus1 posted:

Amnistar is my top town read

b-minus1 posted:

I tend to think new players are scummy. Also my gut says solus and aa are town

Like, I know not to expect binus to justify their claims, but they should at least have an opinion about me, or the other people that have came up. Then they OMGUS to Jen X, which seems really bizarre. And that is all they have done. Lots of posts, no content. I know this is Binus' MO, but towny Binus should at least be active in the hot topics.

CCKeane - I know flying under the radar and asking questions is Keane's thing, but they've been strangely active in the mechanics, without really going to deep into player disputes. They got slightly involved with the Solus/AA thing, but it was like only to justify when Solus scumclaimed as town. The rest has been towards me, and I don't know why they've haven't been prodding hunt, binus, Jen X, KB, etc. This is feeling like scum Keane to me.

AA - I previously read AA as town, but their lack of activity now is kind of bugging me. I feel like they should pushing harder for someone, even if they tunnel. Not reading the game is very AA. Not pushing for someone is not very town AA. He is voting for Amni, but there doesn't feel like there is any thrust behind it.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Solus - Most of their post history is good. Scum claiming d1 is normal for them it seems, and did do a decent bit of prodding various people. Not a fan on the Jen X jump, since she seems much better than Binus right now IMO. Still, I think they are towny overall

Bif - She seems okay. If she was just tunneling me, I'd be susp, but she has also put pressure on Hunt, which I think is good. But I'm not really happy that it doesn't look like she's turned her attention anywhere else. She only said "I think you are wrong about Jen" to Binus, and thats about it. The rest are mechanic posts or going on and on about me or whatever. I also don't like how her dropping her Hunt case seemed to just because Dragonatrix hopped on. It feels a bit like bus that she wanted to just set up for whenever she or Hunt died. Overall she is slightly scummy right now IMO.

Amni - I don't like how his entire game was tilting into Solus, then swapping to AA, before OMGUS me for defending AA and going after them. Since then, Amni seems to have stopped scumhunting and just making a billion posts about mechanics, while occasionally reminding people that he really doesn't like me. The closest thing to scum hunting I've seen is agreeing that Ali seems scummy. It also feels weird that they flipped their opinion about AA in such short time. First it was both of us on a scumteam together (why would we even defend each other like that d1?), then with hardly any explanation, he says that AA isn't on their susp list any more. Townies shift opinions all the time, that is fine, but Amni usually posts a lot about why they changed their opinion, which they only gave a very brief "I reread and changed mind!" here. Plus, it feels like it came after it became clear that AA wasn't happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

tl;dr (lumpen list is in no particular order other than tier)

Scummy:
Ruggan
Iron Chef
KB
Binus
Hunt

Scum Leaning
Amni
Ali
Mona

:shrug:
Bif