Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Synopses for April's episodes: https://www.dgepress.com/disneybrandedtelevision/pressrelease/april-2022-programming-highlights/

4/2 “Any Sport in a Storm” - Hunter goes undercover at Hexside for his most important mission yet. Meanwhile, Willow is determined to succeed at an exciting new sport.

4/9 "Reaching Out" - Amity wants to prove herself to her father, and Luz thinks she’s found the perfect way to do it: Underground Witch Duels.

4/16 "Them's the Breaks, Kid" Eda tells a story from her teen years: the day she met Raine Whispers.

4/23 "Hollow Mind" - A magical mishap transports Luz and Hunter into a new mindscape…and this one is a twisted nightmare.

4/30 "Edge of the World" - King’s quest to uncover his past leads to shocking revelations and horrifying truths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So do we know yet if those remaining 5 episodes are it for season 2 (or how long a wait we’ll have until the 3 part series finale)?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Technowolf posted:

Synopses for April's episodes: https://www.dgepress.com/disneybrandedtelevision/pressrelease/april-2022-programming-highlights/

4/2 “Any Sport in a Storm” - Hunter goes undercover at Hexside for his most important mission yet. Meanwhile, Willow is determined to succeed at an exciting new sport.

I wonder if that's why Willow was working out in the latest episode.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Larryb posted:

So do we know yet if those remaining 5 episodes are it for season 2 (or how long a wait we’ll have until the 3 part series finale)?

Four more after that

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Four more after that

So one more episode than the first season had, nice. Will the 3 specials be part of season 2 or aired separately afterwards?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Technowolf posted:

4/9 "Reaching Out" - Amity wants to prove herself to her father, and Luz thinks she’s found the perfect way to do it: Underground Witch Duels.
Fight Club to make dad love me.

I Am Fowl posted:

I wonder if that's why Willow was working out in the latest episode.
Nah apparently Willow just works out every morning.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Larryb posted:

So one more episode than the first season had, nice. Will the 3 specials be part of season 2 or aired separately afterwards?

Separately. They're technically "Season 3"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On that note, do we have any idea how long Dana and her crew actually intended for the show to last before Disney pulled the plug?

But regardless I hope they can manage to give it a decent sendoff at least

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

On that note, do we have any idea how long Dana and her crew actually intended for the show to last before Disney pulled the plug?

But regardless I hope they can manage to give it a decent sendoff at least

Most likely 3 seasons since Disney has had a 3 season rule/limit for a while now. It gets broken now and then but by and large it's still very much a thing and it would've been very bold for her to plan beyond that before actually getting word that they were renewed for 4.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Most likely 3 seasons since Disney has had a 3 season rule/limit for a while now. It gets broken now and then but by and large it's still very much a thing and it would've been very bold for her to plan beyond that before actually getting word that they were renewed for 4.

Makes sense, I assume the third season was slightly longer than the equivalent of 6 episodes (three 44 minute specials) we’re getting but like I said, hopefully they can still pull off a decent finale regardless

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Makes sense, I assume the third season was slightly longer than the equivalent of 6 episodes (three 44 minute specials) we’re getting but like I said, hopefully they can still pull off a decent finale regardless

I think they can. They've had plenty of time to plan for it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Funky Valentine posted:

Fight Club to make dad love me.

Nah apparently Willow just works out every morning.

That's cool too.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I do like that Principle Bump is pretty much one of Luz's allies now and has been for a while. He's willing to go along with her nonsense, clearly enjoys having her at the school and recognises that despite her somewhat disruptive nature she somehow brings out the best in people. Also a good amount of him is probably curious how far her glyph magic will carry her, even to the extent of bending rules that would probably get him in trouble with Bellos.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BioEnchanted posted:

I do like that Principle Bump is pretty much one of Luz's allies now and has been for a while. He's willing to go along with her nonsense, clearly enjoys having her at the school and recognises that despite her somewhat disruptive nature she somehow brings out the best in people. Also a good amount of him is probably curious how far her glyph magic will carry her, even to the extent of bending rules that would probably get him in trouble with Bellos.

I hope we get an episode where Belos's goons try to kidnap/hurt Luz at Hexside and Bump just cuts loving loose on those assholes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Everyone posted:

I hope we get an episode where Belos's goons try to kidnap/hurt Luz at Hexside and Bump just cuts loving loose on those assholes.

Then just as Hunter is about to fire a spell at Bump, a small slip of paper falls from the ceiling and encases him in frozen vines, as luz joins the fray to protect Bump in turn.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BioEnchanted posted:

Then just as Hunter is about to fire a spell at Bump, a small slip of paper falls from the ceiling and encases him in frozen vines, as luz joins the fray to protect Bump in turn.

I don't know. I get the feeling Luz might end up saving Hunter from Bump.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Everyone posted:

I don't know. I get the feeling Luz might end up saving Hunter from Bump.

I know we're literally just writing fanfiction right now, but it's fun sometimes to just think about how characters that wouldn't normally interact would do so. It's been a long week for me.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BioEnchanted posted:

I know we're literally just writing fanfiction right now, but it's fun sometimes to just think about how characters that wouldn't normally interact would do so. It's been a long week for me.

Don't talk to me about fan-fiction. I'm like an inch away from posting a link to my stupid circa-1998 Buffy meets the World of Darkness fanfic in the Buffy thread.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Leaked image for Elsewhere and Elsewhen:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Is it wrong that I really want a Bump tribute song set to this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
When they made the Dora the Explorer joke I half expected to see that Flora was actually played by a former Dora VA. Turns out it was only her mom.

Also I am very disappointed with the end of the episode. It was like, the most predictable plot twist and I think literally everyone called it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

TwoPair posted:

When they made the Dora the Explorer joke I half expected to see that Flora was actually played by a former Dora VA. Turns out it was only her mom.

Also I am very disappointed with the end of the episode. It was like, the most predictable plot twist and I think literally everyone called it.

I think at this stage the only question remaining, "was it Wittebane or his unnamed companion" has been drawn out long enough.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cool Aunt Lilith.

Madurai posted:

I think at this stage the only question remaining, "was it Wittebane or his unnamed companion" has been drawn out long enough.

I think it's obvious that Phil is Belos and Hunter is a hosed up golem thing made in his dead brother's image.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

SNORSES! :allears:

I have mixed feelings about "lenderman". SA lore, in my hooty house? It's more likely than you think :ohno:

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 27, 2022

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

She really is Cool Aunt Lilith

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

cptn_dr posted:

She really is Cool Aunt Lilith

She absolutely is.

I'm kind of looking forward to next Saturday and Hunter going undercover at Hexside. On the one hand seeing him around other kids will be fun. On the other hand if he somehow interrupts Luz and Amity during adorable kissyface snuggle time, Amity will loving murder him.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Everyone posted:

She absolutely is.

I'm kind of looking forward to next Saturday and Hunter going undercover at Hexside. On the one hand seeing him around other kids will be fun. On the other hand if he somehow interrupts Luz and Amity during adorable kissyface snuggle time, Amity will loving murder him.

Lol, imagine if Luz just recognises him. Just "Hey jackass, we've seen you without your mask a few times now. Not gonna turn you in though, just try to behave, alright?"

Also in the last episode I loved the little moment between Eda and her father. Especially that little "So, I hear I have a grandson now?" That was a sweet moment.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i feel the same way about the lighting this episode as Lilith does about balusters

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Very glad season 2 is back, less glad season 3 will be so short. The Owl House probably ranks in as my 4th favourite cartoon of all time at the moment and I really wanted there to be more.

Started watching Amphibia recently and that definitely takes more than a few cues from TOH (or maybe it's more accurate to say that they both take many cues from Gravity Falls) so hopefully that'll fill some of the gap.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

Very glad season 2 is back, less glad season 3 will be so short. The Owl House probably ranks in as my 4th favourite cartoon of all time at the moment and I really wanted there to be more.

Started watching Amphibia recently and that definitely takes more than a few cues from TOH (or maybe it's more accurate to say that they both take many cues from Gravity Falls) so hopefully that'll fill some of the gap.

Amphibia is currently on its final season as well, not sure which is more likely to finish first though

Speaking of, do the two shows share any staff out of curiosity? Because it’s kind of weird that two cartoons both with the premise of “teen girl gets transported to a fantasy land and meets a friend voiced by Alex Hirsch” just happened to come out around the same time

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah, I deliberately waited with starting Amphibia until it was confirmed the last part was coming.

And while I don't want to go looking up stuff about Amphibia because I don't want spoilers, I can't find any immediate staff overlap, but both Dana Terrace and Matt Braly worked on... yep, Gravity Falls.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah, I deliberately waited with starting Amphibia until it was confirmed the last part was coming.

And while I don't want to go looking up stuff about Amphibia because I don't want spoilers, I can't find any immediate staff overlap, but both Dana Terrace and Matt Braly worked on... yep, Gravity Falls.

GF is kinda like Adventure Time where you can trace a whole bunch of talent on other shows back to it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Fun Easter egg I only noticed this episode:

In Hunter's room, in addition to the Sprig from Amphibia doll, he also has a statue of Remy from Big City Greens. Hunter and Remy share the same VA, Zeno Robinson.

(this image is from an older episode but I didn't notice then, okay?)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Considering the isekai nature of both this and Amphibia I’m kind of curious how the shows are going to end now (that is, whether the main character(s) return to their own world, choose to stay in the current one with their newfound family & friends, or find some easy way they can travel between the two whenever they choose)

Also I’m not sure if it’s happened yet (I’m not completely caught up) but if the show’s being forced to end early anyway the creators should just go for broke and let Luz and Amity kiss

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Considering the isekai nature of both this and Amphibia I’m kind of curious how the shows are going to end now (that is, whether the main character(s) return to their own world, choose to stay in the current one with their newfound family & friends, or find some easy way they can travel between the two whenever they choose)

Also I’m not sure if it’s happened yet (I’m not completely caught up) but if the show’s being forced to end early anyway the creators should just go for broke and let Luz and Amity kiss

Pure speculation, but figure Amphibia will likely end up with a secret way to go back and forth. The Planters made some Earth friends (and really liked modern Earth technology).

With The Owl House, I figure that Luz will end up staying on The Boiling Isle. I mostly base that on the young Basilisk that's basically taken Luz's place on Earth as the daughter who actually wants to be on Earth.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My thought with Owl House (given that I can't watch the new episode until tomorrow so don't have new information) will be that whatever Belos is planning to do to destroy wild magic is going to happen, but backfire horribly as I'm not sure how well he really understands what he's doing. i'm thinking a cross between the finales of Star vs and Gravity Falls where (spoilers for other shows)the worlds will merge, but it will not be as stable as in Star and it will be catastrophic for both, and Luz, Amity, Bump, Hunter and the Clawthornes will have to try to pick up the pieces and help people figure out how to navigate this huge clusterfuck. An accidental and devastating Weirdmageddon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, how is Star Vs anyway?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I liked it overall but the final season was divisive. I thought it was interestingly ballsy though, and liked how it resolved overall, moral implications notwithstanding. It sort of acts as a counterpoint to Steven Universe, where Star has more of a message of "Sometimes people are standing in the way of change and won't stop doing so no matter how well you argue your points, so need to be removed." Steven Universe was more idealistic, Star Vs got more practical.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 3, 2022

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Star Vs is alright to good for its first two seasons but loses its momentum going into its second half. It starts trying to have a message, and I think some of the ways they tried to deliver on it were clever --like the deflation of stakes around several built-up characters itself being part of the message on the way the status quo demonizes its outsiders-- but it doesn't deliver so well on them, and by the final season there's an impression that the writers have stopped trying to coordinate with each other.

It's the kind of show I'd recommend someone watch until they start getting bored or annoyed with it. It does not start recovering or getting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New episode was cute. Also "She has a name!?"