Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

RIP to norm and a tip of the hat to the melting down of boring clique people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Funny af dude and RIP, used to have a lot of SNL VHS and DVDs that had a lot of his poo poo that I vacuumed up as a depressed teen, got me through some tough times and I would show the Me Doing Standup DVD to my friends in college while we were baked asf. Lot of good memories

That being said, it sadly left a bad taste in my mouth when I read about the "joke" he made about the Brendan Teena homicides, my partner is a trans man so I never really watched much of him after finding that out

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I liked the time he said the victim of a fatal hate crime deserved to die, that was a good joke

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Sorry if this was already posted but this is one clip where Norm hints that he might be sick but how he thinks it's cowardly when people announce their illness and get sympathy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAp-igcRhMQ

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX7BuYeR-4Q

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Spinz posted:

What is up with everyone ?

Being an aggravating poster is a thing

Quit being such delicate babies

Smh at a ban for that

I think everyone has you all backwards. It's that you'll stand up for anyone which is your great virtue.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Big Beef City posted:

Ya'll see this?

The man was a miserable piece of poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

sorry about no one getting your norm mcdonald reference my dude :(

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
BBC a few days from now:

"So they banned me for not being funny enough, then later they unbanned me. Now I don't think it's possible for a guy to go from not funny to funny ,in a few days, which leads me to the conclusion that GBS has gotten bad. Or worse. The jury is still out on this one folks.

But yeah, I'm funny compared to, well y'know you'll see later.."

Later:

Catastrophe posted:

I absolutely do have emotional meltdowns.

What the loving gently caress is your point in this scenario, though, dickhead?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Andro Dunos posted:

Sorry if this was already posted but this is one clip where Norm hints that he might be sick but how he thinks it's cowardly when people announce their illness and get sympathy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAp-igcRhMQ

kind of an isolationist and dark view but he stuck to his guns I guess so that's got to be worth something

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao people circling wagons around loving BBC, lol

that's like betting the farm double-or-nothing on Mark Brunell and finding out he has the Hong Kong flu

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Norm's death was tragic, at the time...

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

:kiddo:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I pretty much never get hit hard by celebrity deaths but this one made me tear up a little bit. That moth pic is very awesome.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
We've all said things we regret (or that we should) and if you haven't, well: yes you have. Norm Macdonald just happened to say some things on TV, or on the radio, or on a podcast, or blog or even on the record for a magazine, or in private, to his friends and family. I'm sure he had regreted some of it.

I found him very funny. There's really nobody like him. I'll miss him so much.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Moth joke so blessed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Derpies posted:

BBC is a good poster just uh flew to close to the sun and we will see him in 30 days and RIP norm hope he’s tuggin somewhere

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Check this out: Big Queef lovely

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
This is kind of my first exposure to Norm MacDonald, as when the news dropped yesterday my entire Twitter feed just became clips of him being funny. Some of them had me in tears.

https://twitter.com/CFCFmusic/status/1437857476800614402

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzRb_lErFw

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

ProperCoochie posted:

During his Breaking Bad Ending analysis in 2013 (posted earlier in thread), Norm refers to Walter White (WW has cancer throughout BB) as "succumbing to his disease". The word choice kinda tells me Norm was already battling cancer.

He wasn't battling cancer; he got sick and died. Norm knew the battlefield was no place for a man as cowardly as himself. When Death's scythe was over his throat, Norm was pleading for Death to take Norm's grandson instead. He even asked if a deal with the Devil was an option. It was a shameful and honest display.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"And what do you call the act, Mr MacDonald?"

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
One of my favorite unsung Norm bits was him live-tweeting the Oscars many years ago—I’m not sure if the tweets even still exist. He kept angrily demanding that all the visual effects winners thank their computers in their acceptance speeches :v:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sheen Sheen posted:

One of my favorite unsung Norm bits was him live-tweeting the Oscars many years ago—I’m not sure if the tweets even still exist. He kept angrily demanding that all the visual effects winners thank their computers in their acceptance speeches :v:

Explain to the folks at home who Norm was.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, when I want to remember Norm, I'll definitely go to Seth Meyers

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What is Adam Egret going to do? :(

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

What is Adam Egret going to do? :(

Back to the Queensboro Bridge I imagine. Or spilling drinks on Spade’s dates. Eating Hitler’s rear end. Stuff like that.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

Check this out: Big Queef lovely

LOL!

If he isn’t free at least he gets 30 days to tug and do Midwestern things like yell at fish in lakes and look at corn.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Now comes the part where all the boring SNL alums and hosts make heartfelt tributes to ghoulishly scoop up some Twitter likes.

I would love to hear what Norm MacDonald would say about this sort of thing.

But I can't. Because he died. Of cancer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I bet when he died be let out one last big fart

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Norm: [says incredibly profound, insightful statement about the human condition].

also Norm: I BELIEVE IN THE LITERAL WORD OF THE KING JAMES BIBLE

He was a land of contrasts.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Norm: [says incredibly profound, insightful statement about the human condition].

also Norm: I BELIEVE IN THE LITERAL WORD OF THE KING JAMES BIBLE

He was a land of contrasts.

The thing about Norm, is I'm pretty sure 90% of the poo poo he said was just get under someone's skin.
Because to him that was funny, and he literally couldn't stop being funny (except when he was watching a game he had money on).

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Caesar Saladin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxtkks_a3dI

it only takes 3 minutes with Norm before you start making jokes about joining up with the nazis

lol at the host on the end of the set wondering how that got so far away from him so quickly

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Orange Crush Rush posted:

The thing about Norm, is I'm pretty sure 90% of the poo poo he said was just get under someone's skin.

His bit about how being a mother or teacher isn’t really the hardest job in the world was a pretty good example of this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's nuts to me that Norm had cancer through the entirety of NML. What was the last thing he did, anyways, was it that set he did in early Covid?

Mordja fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 15, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Last Chance posted:

Yeah, when I want to remember Norm, I'll definitely go to Seth Meyers

Seth Myers sucks but that was a good line from Norm. "No abductions yet."

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Mordja posted:

It's nuts to me that Norm had cancer through the entirety of NML.

Especially since he was a big fat guy!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

wa27 posted:

Especially since he was a big fat guy!

It was mostly tumor weight.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I keep thinking about his great joke on the Daily Show after Steve Irwin was tragically murdered by a stingray.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://youtu.be/7v-BISqJOMQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Box of Bunnies posted:

I liked the time he said the victim of a fatal hate crime deserved to die, that was a good joke