Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

We think relying exclusively on meta reads is dumb. Do not continue to disappoint us with your stupid reads that would make even the grass turn red with anger. If you keep this up you will surely be listed as scum when we make a list. Try harder next time

I will always always always make meta reads but I have actually been backing it up with reasoning for why the actions themselves are scummy, which people are welcome to disagree with.

Your isolation of the meta read is disingenuous and misleading scumshuno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Your meta reads won't work on me this game Tobbs.

I'm playing a clean, honest, serious game; and I encourage others to do so as well.
If we play this completely 100% seriously I don't see how scum could stand a chance against a united town front!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Your meta reads won't work on me this game Tobbs.

I'm playing a clean, honest, serious game; and I encourage others to do so as well.
If we play this completely 100% seriously I don't see how scum could stand a chance against a united town front!

I...I think you're town though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idk, I buy Leather's suspicion. There's still no good town reason for claim bp so early and even if he is, it's not like it's actually something that would prove Keane's alignment.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Flying Leatherman posted:

And that's why I'm pulling it out and examining it
gross

let's see if a robot votecount works:

nope! congratulations robot you are still dead to me.

votecount incoming by hand like always.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

A sampling of Keane posts from other recent games

Thanks, this is actually helpful. Like I said earlier, I don't think I've ever played a game with Keane.

Tobbs, now I'm confused, though. Was it a breadcrumb? Should we not have talked about it at all? Did it end up not mattering in the end? Cause now you're posting about how this was jokey shitposting, which kinda conflicts with you bending over backwards earlier to tell me to not talk about this "breadcrumb" like it was a serious thing that FL definitely shouldn't have pointed out omg.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't give a poo poo about Keane's post and I read over it because I can do literally nothing about anyone's stupidass breadcrumbs.

My focus (and my vote) are on FL and how he is a scumbo because his mentality of "Scum would do this, scum would do that" is what I've seen him do in the (admittedly, one) game where I've seen him play scum. Max nailed him for it, actually, and FL ended up winning that game, so the events are sort of ingrained in my memory.

But rather than make into just a "meta" thing, if you look at FL's actions themselves, it's super super scummy. Either Keane is bulletproof or not, but the only person looking for/calling out something like that is someone who has, in the back of their head, "Who am I going to shoot this game?"

Then why engage for five posts telling me that talking about it is a bad idea and discussing what breadcrumbs are or are not? I don't know where you're getting this idea that my mindset is "scum would do this"; if I were still under the impression that this was a serious thing (thanks CL for clearing it up), I would have pegged Keane as 3P survivor/SK based on his claim, not as "town trying to dodge a nightkill". The mindset was "Town would not do this".

EccoRaven posted:

nope! congratulations robot you are still dead to me.

Yeah, something's up. Working on it. Sorry!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vote out FL so he has more time to fix Votefinder

Also change Votefinder's avatar to

I will put money towards this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I will always always always make meta reads but I have actually been backing it up with reasoning for why the actions themselves are scummy, which people are welcome to disagree with.

Your isolation of the meta read is disingenuous and misleading scumshuno.

We wondered if perhaps our memory got jumbled in all this posting, but we went back and found this! BEHOLD:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Like, say what you will, but scum Keane does actually serious post and he got nailed in FF2 for it actually. Shitposting jokester Keane is town Keane.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why did OMG only post a couple things that google couldn't even translate for me?

Last game I played with him we nailed him as scum D1 so I feel like if we get a few posts out of him it will be helpful.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I played with FL for all of two seconds in Ecco's Kingmaker, and his scum meta was to be incredibly nitpicky about what he thought scum would or wouldn't do and jump on posts that illustrated that.

That aside, blatant breadcrumb or not, why pull it out and examine it like that? That's anti-town. It's something only a scum player would do.

:ironicat:

##vote FL

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Someone call TMM scum so I can see if he's scum or not.

Feast your eyes upon your own posts that we believe your eyes previously feasted upon! We also strongly disagree that calling out obvious breadcrumbs is inherently scummy! WE HAVE ISSUES WITH YOUR POSTING~

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs, now I'm confused, though. Was it a breadcrumb? Should we not have talked about it at all? Did it end up not mattering in the end? Cause now you're posting about how this was jokey shitposting, which kinda conflicts with you bending over backwards earlier to tell me to not talk about this "breadcrumb" like it was a serious thing that FL definitely shouldn't have pointed out omg.

Then why engage for five posts telling me that talking about it is a bad idea and discussing what breadcrumbs are or are not? I don't know where you're getting this idea that my mindset is "scum would do this"; if I were still under the impression that this was a serious thing (thanks CL for clearing it up), I would have pegged Keane as 3P survivor/SK based on his claim, not as "town trying to dodge a nightkill". The mindset was "Town would not do this".

That's a fairly decent point. I still think that your initial reaction fits with how you behaved as scum, but since that's based on such limited exposure it's practically inconsequential given a reasonable explanation.

A 3P X-shot bulletproof probably would claim to be bulletproof practically immediately, so that they could preserve that protection as long as possible, especially if they were a killing role.

##unvote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We don't understand why you're assuming Keane is 3P if he is BP! Why do you begin third party hunting? It's as if you are a dog who sees a tasty steak but then goes after some gross junk food! We do not like how you are going, young Tobbs.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
someone do me a mitzvah and vote for someone else without unvoting their first person tia

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

if I were still under the impression that this was a serious thing (thanks CL for clearing it up), I would have pegged Keane as 3P survivor/SK based on his claim, not as "town trying to dodge a nightkill". The mindset was "Town would not do this".

Kashuno posted:

We don't understand why you're assuming Keane is 3P if he is BP! Why do you begin third party hunting? It's as if you are a dog who sees a tasty steak but then goes after some gross junk food! We do not like how you are going, young Tobbs.

I know I'm usually an easy D1 bus for scum, but this is getting a little tiresome.

Ignoring the content-related parts of what I'm posting and focusing on meta reads, addressing me when I'm talking to someone else and paraphrasing their own explanations, and turning it into some kind of pseudo-case/callout?

Are you afraid to throw a vote down, Kash? I'm not.

##vote Kashuno

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##vote Max

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it works!! :toot:

okay robot you are in my good graces again

(I hacked it, I am the john connor of the future to its terminator, I will send it back in time and protect the votecounts)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote
##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tobbs, we are never afraid to throw down a vote when we find someone to be scumlicious (it's like delicious but gross!) but we have not made a strong enough feeling to throw the vote down. We do not wish to get our precious vote dirty unless we have to, because it requires ~Effort~ you see. we have to pick it up off the planet from all the way up in the cosmos, what a pain.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think people are just confused because you're bouncing from taking Keane's comment seriously, to saying it is a joke post, and again.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

A 3P X-shot bulletproof probably would claim to be bulletproof practically immediately, so that they could preserve that protection as long as possible,[b] especially if they were a killing role.

actually this is really weird, since 1. no one brought up the chance of a killing 3rd, 2. you didn't vote for someone you thought have a chance of being 3rd killer.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Atomic Soda posted:

is this a joke vote also?

I pity the fool who didn't read ssv's vote as a joke

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##unvote
##vote Kashuno

unnecessary you were never voting for max in the first place! woo!

okay so here is the scoop:
- the votecount in the OP and on the website will say it is day 2 until day 2 ends. it is unfortunate but deal with it this is the price I pay for being a leet haxor.
- dongsbot will always have been listed as voting for bottleknight, unvoting, and then voting for keane; this is a lie as he never unvoted. he has been punished appropriately.
- the robot will now - finally! - only accept votes if you unvoted. so congratulations I am finally replaced by a machine, let us rejoice, less ecco is a better ecco that is not what I say but what I am sure others often say.

here's the count!

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Kashuno (3): TMMadman, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, -Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
chaoslord (2): Murmur Twin, Infinitum
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Slamburger
BottleKnight (1): this is a stickup, got some chores tonight, -got some chores tonight
this is a stickup (1): SirSamVimes
Max (1): Pinterest Mom
Flying Leatherman (1): chaoslord, Tobbs Gnawed, -Tobbs Gnawed
peramene (0): Max, -Max
CCKeane (0): got some chores tonight, -got some chores tonight
Jonathan Fisk (0): Slamburger, -Slamburger

Not Voting (12): Absurd Revolver, Atomic Soda, BottleKnight, CCKeane, Flying Leatherman, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, Moatillata, OMGVBFLOL, peramene, Tired Moritz

:h: With 22 players alive, it takes 12 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is January 12th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

:D

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I think people are just confused because you're bouncing from taking Keane's comment seriously, to saying it is a joke post, and again.

actually this is really weird, since 1. no one brought up the chance of a killing 3rd, 2. you didn't vote for someone you thought have a chance of being 3rd killer.

Hm yes we agree! Oh, but we have already said this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

To this day I've never seen tobbs' scum game and I'm super curious to see if I can pick it out :)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's super obvious once you've seen it.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I have seen scum games from quite a few posters

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

D1 scum list: Ho boy

Chores, Flying Leatherman, Tired Moritz, Slamburger.

Subject to revision pending further acquisition of data as directed by Dr. Pereau.

:allears:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's you, you're the scum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

if I were still under the impression that this was a serious thing (thanks CL for clearing it up), I would have pegged Keane as 3P survivor/SK based on his claim

if I were still under the impression that this was a serious thing (thanks CL for clearing it up), I would have pegged Keane as 3P survivor/SK based on his claim

This was posted, by Flying Leatherman, and was the post that I was responding to, and is the post that you and Kashuno are talking about where I am the first person to mention 3P killing.

I used some fancy forum tricks to increase the probability of you seeing it. I am hopeful that it works this time.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

no one brought up the chance of a killing 3rd

I actually did.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

Hm yes we agree! Oh, but we have already said this.

all joking aside though, this is a huge red flag for me. scum tm posting is literally just repeating what is already said in the thread.

Tired Moritz posted:

By softclaiming BP, it's likely that maf wouldn't risk attacking Keane now, and thus it lowers their target selections. It seems very selfish, especially since a BP wants to get hit.

projecting a scum pov

Tired Moritz posted:

whether or not keane is maf, I am definitely sure that it's a terrible thing to do as town to roleclaim bp d1.

why are you definitely sure that this is a terrible thing? can you really think of no circumstance in which a bp claiming is a good thing?

Tired Moritz posted:

you're ignoring the fact that infintium, tobbs, me, max and kashuno didn't even comment that it's an "obvious joke post".

throwing his name with a large amount of people to ensure he's in a list with town while also literally proving he's trying to be the same as other posters

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The mindset was "Town would not do this".

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote bottleknight

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
well my second question still stands.

btw I believe Keane to be a trolly town bp. Idk, the only game I distinctly remember from him is "rogue cop" and well he was one.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
And hell, I'm only mentioning it because it gave me a perspective from which I could see FL making the initial callout, which makes his actions look a lot less scummy to me (I could see him calling out Keane's BP from a town perspective if he was thinking Keane was some kind of 3P).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This was posted, by Flying Leatherman, and was the post that I was responding to, and is the post that you and Kashuno are talking about where I am the first person to mention 3P killing.

I used some fancy forum tricks to increase the probability of you seeing it. I am hopeful that it works this time.

Strange, because we did not say you are the first person to bring up 3P killing but rather we are curious as to why you would start 3P hunting now! We do not understand why you OR FL would assume he is 3P, and we do not like the way you responded to it. We think FL is being silly as a clown, but you seem to have devious intentions!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Strange, because we did not say you are the first person to bring up 3P killing but rather we are curious as to why you would start 3P hunting now! We do not understand why you OR FL would assume he is 3P, and we do not like the way you responded to it. We think FL is being silly as a clown, but you seem to have devious intentions!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

And hell, I'm only mentioning it because it gave me a perspective from which I could see FL making the initial callout, which makes his actions look a lot less scummy to me (I could see him calling out Keane's BP from a town perspective if he was thinking Keane was some kind of 3P).

Here you go maybe you can see it now. It's like magic.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Here you go maybe you can see it now. It's like magic.

We had not had a chance to read your post, no need to be so angry! We cannot keep up with the minutiae of the game flow from the cosmos. There is so much to see up here, surely you can understand not gazing down upon you!

What is your opinion of Keane?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

all joking aside though, this is a huge red flag for me. scum tm posting is literally just repeating what is already said in the thread.

you always think of scum. just because of that cat game.

My first quote answered my second quote. I ask you this: Is there any scenario where it's good for a town BP to claim D1?

The third quote was a reaction to ChaosLord fosing FL because he said FL was suspicious for reacting to an "obvious joke post". I'm just pointing out that I felt for that too.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

We had not had a chance to read your post, no need to be so angry! We cannot keep up with the minutiae of the game flow from the cosmos. There is so much to see up here, surely you can understand not gazing down upon you!

What is your opinion of Keane?

Keane's scum meta is basically the same as my scum meta. I'm not seeing it yet.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is tobb's town game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Something I'd expect town Max to say.

We'll be scumbros some day, Max. Just not this day.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

We agree, unfortunately. It is our dismay that frustrating tobbs is probably town, and holding dumb opinions is what we know the lovable tobbs is! We do not like to deal with it, but we will. We are unsure who to think is scum at the moment.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Keane's scum meta is basically the same as my scum meta. I'm not seeing it yet.

We request a lack of meta args.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

We agree, unfortunately. It is our dismay that frustrating tobbs is probably town, and holding dumb opinions is what we know the lovable tobbs is! We do not like to deal with it, but we will. We are unsure who to think is scum at the moment.

We request a lack of meta args.

Are you an evil murder alien.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We are not evil, murderous, or an alien! We are a majestic celestial being with the crotch to match our bulging power. We are here to help you solve the murder and to eradicate the baddies so that you may all join the beautiful space of love!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

We are not evil, murderous, or an alien! We are a majestic celestial being with the crotch to match our bulging power. We are here to help you solve the murder and to eradicate the baddies so that you may all join the beautiful space of love!

Claims list.

Kashuno - Penis Angel

• Locked thread